Who's going to the game tonight?

AFJF

54 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Gonna buy tix on stubhub in the next couple hours.  Who else is going?

We expect play-by-play via Twitter, TapTalk, FaceTime, Digg, Reddit, 4Chan, Snail Mail, Sky Writing, Morse Code, Smoke Signals, and Navajo Code Talkers.

38 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

You have priced them high imo.

Someone usually buys my preseason seats close to quitting time before heading to the game, Row 1 usually is enough to get a premium over going rate.  Parking pass always sells, especially to those getting a late start.

SAR I 

I've been to one pre-season game. In Raleigh, NC in '89. Just Googled it and saw that the game was facilitated by... Jerry Richardson!

Eagles, Jets Agree To Move Exhibition To Raleigh, N.c.

POSTED: March 16, 1989

The Eagles have agreed to move a preseason game against the New York Jets

from Giants Stadium to a stadium in Raleigh, N.C.

Businessman Jerry Richardson said the game, a home date for the Jets, would be played Aug. 19 at Carter-Finley Stadium, the 47,000-seat home field of North Carolina State.

Eagles president Harry Gamble said that the Jets contacted him six months ago about moving the game and that he approved the idea. Gamble said that although he was aware that a group of investors in North Carolina was interested in bringing an NFL franchise to the area, the Eagles were not involved in making arrangements to move the game for any particular purpose.

Richardson indicated the game was being played in Raleigh to convince NFL officials that the area could support an NFL franchise.

"Playing in Raleigh does not pose a problem for us," Gamble said. "We would not have wanted to play on the West Coast somewhere. But we see no problem with this arrangement. It's a chance for people without a pro franchise to see two teams play."

The Los Angeles Raiders signed former Chicago Bears all-pro linebacker Otis Wilson, who missed the 1988 season with a knee injury.

Former professional football coach Lou Saban, 67, was named head coach at Georgetown (S.C.) High School.

Maurice Douglass of the Chicago Bears testified that agent Lloyd Bloom threatened to "have somebody break my legs" if Douglass stopped doing business with Bloom and Norby Walters without returning money and cars given him by the agents.

Douglass, a defensive back, was a witness at the federal fraud and extortion trial of Bloom and Walters in Chicago. The New York-based agents are accused of offering college athletes thousands of dollars to become clients and threatening them with violence when they tried to back out of the deals.

Walters and Bloom have pleaded not guilty, saying they were cheated out of the commissions owed them when the athletes signed contracts with professional football teams.

http://articles.philly.com/1989-03-16/sports/26126011_1_eagles-president-harry-gamble-nfl-franchise-raleigh

42 minutes ago, jgb said:

We expect play-by-play via Twitter, TapTalk, FaceTime, Digg, Reddit, 4Chan, Snail Mail, Sky Writing, Morse Code, Smoke Signals, and Navajo Code Talkers.

Would love to, but this will be a chance to get some quality pics for the site, so the camera will be working overtime.  Not every day I can afford front-row tix.

Just now, AFJF said:

Would love to, but this will be a chance to get some quality pics for the site, so the camera will be working overtime.  Not every day I can afford front-row tix.

See if you can get a lock of Fitz's beard so we can cast an incantation for some good juju this season

8 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

It is BRUTALLY hot outside, was planning on going early to possibly tailgate, but not in this heat. 

I got 2 extra tix if anyone wants to be swiped in for free. You just can't sit in the allotted seats. 

If you got parking as well, I can get them off your hand. Parking seems $30 with the stubhub fees etc. Why can't sit in the allotted seats though? :)

5 hours ago, jgb said:

I've been to one pre-season game. In Raleigh, NC in '89. Just Googled it and saw that the game was facilitated by... Jerry Richardson!

Eagles, Jets Agree To Move Exhibition To Raleigh, N.c.

POSTED: March 16, 1989

The Eagles have agreed to move a preseason game against the New York Jets

from Giants Stadium to a stadium in Raleigh, N.C.

Businessman Jerry Richardson said the game, a home date for the Jets, would be played Aug. 19 at Carter-Finley Stadium, the 47,000-seat home field of North Carolina State.

Eagles president Harry Gamble said that the Jets contacted him six months ago about moving the game and that he approved the idea. Gamble said that although he was aware that a group of investors in North Carolina was interested in bringing an NFL franchise to the area, the Eagles were not involved in making arrangements to move the game for any particular purpose.

Richardson indicated the game was being played in Raleigh to convince NFL officials that the area could support an NFL franchise.

"Playing in Raleigh does not pose a problem for us," Gamble said. "We would not have wanted to play on the West Coast somewhere. But we see no problem with this arrangement. It's a chance for people without a pro franchise to see two teams play."

The Los Angeles Raiders signed former Chicago Bears all-pro linebacker Otis Wilson, who missed the 1988 season with a knee injury.

Former professional football coach Lou Saban, 67, was named head coach at Georgetown (S.C.) High School.

Maurice Douglass of the Chicago Bears testified that agent Lloyd Bloom threatened to "have somebody break my legs" if Douglass stopped doing business with Bloom and Norby Walters without returning money and cars given him by the agents.

Douglass, a defensive back, was a witness at the federal fraud and extortion trial of Bloom and Walters in Chicago. The New York-based agents are accused of offering college athletes thousands of dollars to become clients and threatening them with violence when they tried to back out of the deals.

Walters and Bloom have pleaded not guilty, saying they were cheated out of the commissions owed them when the athletes signed contracts with professional football teams.

http://articles.philly.com/1989-03-16/sports/26126011_1_eagles-president-harry-gamble-nfl-franchise-raleigh

Those were the days prior to the Jets requiring season ticket holders to purchase preseason games. They would get better attendence playing their "home" games at neutral sites.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

You need this 

Weener-Pool-181.jpg

That is a similar shape as mine but without the waterfall. I have the pool house but didn't get a chance to put the tv in yet because the pool was only finished about a month ago. That is my plan for the spring and to hook up plumbing so you don't have to keep running in the house to take a leak.

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

We are vacationing in Maine, wish I could go. 

My seats are $29 and my parking pass $35 on Stubhub, not sold yet, prices are very low seeing it's a Thursday night.

SAR I

Not surprised at the pricing.  Parking passes always seem to go for a lot (definitely over face).  My section 246A seats have a face of only $65 I believe, which is better than how they priced preseason games in years past.  They are still overpriced in terms of being preseason but it's nice to see that the Jets/NFL are starting to "get it" with their tiered pricing.

I donated tonight's tickets to charity rather than pick up pennies on the dollar.

7 minutes ago, De-Jet-Erate/Duane said:

That is a similar shape as mine but without the waterfall. I have the pool house but didn't get a chance to put the tv in yet because the pool was only finished about a month ago. That is my plan for the spring and to hook up plumbing so you don't have to keep running in the house to take a leak.

Nice I have everything but the pool considering having one installed in the Spring if we don't move. 

How do you like the pool are you in NJ?  Who did the install?  thanks 

43 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Not surprised at the pricing.  Parking passes always seem to go for a lot (definitely over face).  My section 246A seats have a face of only $65 I believe, which is better than how they priced preseason games in years past.  They are still overpriced in terms of being preseason but it's nice to see that the Jets/NFL are starting to "get it" with their tiered pricing.

I donated tonight's tickets to charity rather than pick up pennies on the dollar.

so, you see the Jets are screwing you.  if they kept the tickets at the right face value, you would get a bigger tax deduction.  it's not like the reduced this price and kept the rest the same.  they raised the other seats.  so if you are donating tickets for preseason this is a bad move by the jets.

1 hour ago, Fibonacci said:

If you got parking as well, I can get them off your hand. Parking seems $30 with the stubhub fees etc. Why can't sit in the allotted seats though? :)

Parking pass just sold for $35

My four Row 1 seats still unsold at $29.99 but l am optimistic they'll be gone closer to kickoff. They are the only seats left in the section. Should go. 

SAR I

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Parking pass just sold for $35

My four Row 1 seats still unsold at $29.99 but l am optimistic they'll be gone closer to kickoff. They are the only seats left in the section. Should go. 

SAR I

Good luck. I hope they get sold. Meantime I was able to score 2 tickets from Stubhub for Giants game. Section 135 row 6 at $92 per ticket including parking. Should be a good game. Hope weather is decent on that game. 

Archived