Jets’ new era is quietly here: The embarrassing circus is over

Ken Schroy

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

You think press conferences have anything to do with winning?  You're only winning if your press conferences are a freak show lead by a clown? 

Real problem is how were those clown shows when we weren't winning? 

Your first line is kind of my point.

and those clown shoes were entertaining.  I love the Jets but there isn't any impact on my life if the coach or a player does something that people might consider "embarrassing". Rex Ryan era was the best overall stint I've seen in 30 years of watching the team.

If your thing is professional press conferences and no information on the team then so be it.  

4 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Who gives a ****? They're still not winning. 

Truth

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

10-6 was a step in the right direction.  First double-digit win season in 5 years.

Fluke

3 hours ago, jgb said:

Well there's always next year. We will let you know how the season turns out Have a nice autumn.

Deal

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  I think people were complaining about how Macc wasn't bringing in/developing young talent on offense to replace aging guys like Marshall, Fitz, Mangold, etc. down the road  Well, we seem to have a bunch of talented young WR's now, and some young OL guys are also showing promise.  Meanwhile, you can't possibly argue Macc isn't at least trying to find us a QB after the Petty and Hackenberg picks. 

And we KNOW we've got young defensive talent we're investing in....

Actually the complaint was baseless last year and he brought several talented young players like Deon Simon, Deon Barnes, Taiwan Jones in his first year as GM.  He drafted Brandon Shell and Jarvis Harrison.   The team is developing players like Qvale and Ben Ij (can't spell that name).  He signed James Carpenter 26, who after Marshall might have been his best move as a GM.  Now he added Clady who is only 28.  Next draft I am sure he will look to sure up the Oline with more premium talent but what fans have to realize is that Rome wasn't built in a day.  I think to date his track record of adding talent via draft, trade and free agency, udfa etc. has been very impressive so far. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

You think press conferences have anything to do with winning?  You're only winning if your press conferences are a freak show lead by a clown? 

Real problem is how were those clown shows when we weren't winning? 

2 years of disappointing playoff exits totally outweigh those 4 straight seasons of being the laughing stock of football and going 26-38.  Duh.

23 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

10-6, 11-5 doesn't matter anymore then Rex's Jets going to the championship game. It's all about the super bowl. 

As it is for all 32 teams, but only one gets to win each year.  If its Super Bowl or bust, there's really very little reason to derive any enjoyment out of a season or to watch at all.  You're still here posting and have been for years, so your statement can't be true. 

The point of the article is that we may well have a HC/GM combo building a perennial contender.  If you can't enjoy the seasons that lead up to a Super Bowl win(s), you miss out on a lot. 

Fun prediction from The Herd.

Cowherd just gave his season predictions.  Had the Jets at 9-7 and the 6th seed.  

Based on his predictions, our road would be...

1st round vs Raiders.

2nd round vs Colts.

3rd round vs Pats.

Sign me up for that.  Out West and in a dome the first two rounds helps hide Fitz's weak arm.  Then NE in late January would just be a no holds barred battle.

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

As it is for all 32 teams, but only one gets to win each year.  If its Super Bowl or bust, there's really very little reason to derive any enjoyment out of a season or to watch at all.  You're still here posting and have been for years, so your statement can't be true. 

The point of the article is that we may well have a HC/GM combo building a perennial contender.  If you can't enjoy the seasons that lead up to a Super Bowl win(s), you miss out on a lot. 

When you have the proper people in place in a organization and the right perspective you can build sustainable success and that is exactly what Mac and Bowles are focused on.  They are not swayed by the fickle interest of the fans or the media.  Of course they realize they need to produce on the field but not just for today but for the future.   Hence the Hackenberg pick which so many media and fans got all worked up over.  The guy is the FUTURE.  We have Petty and Geno to battle it out for the right to step in if Fitz gets hurt or plays poorly.   

I have not been this excited to be a Jets fan since Parcells and in retrospect, he was so focused on winning right away that he blew our future (Payton Manning anyone?).  Mac and Bowles truly get it and it shows.

Just now, JetBlue said:

When you have the proper people in place in a organization and the right perspective you can build sustainable success and that is exactly what Mac and Bowles are focused on.  They are not swayed by the fickle interest of the fans or the media.  Of course they realize they need to produce on the field but not just for today but for the future.   Hence the Hackenberg pick with so many media and fans got all worked up over.  The guy is the FUTURE.  We have Petty and Geno to battle it out for the right to step in if Fitz gets hurt or plays poorly.   

I have not been this excited to be a Jets fan since Parcells and in retrospect, he was so focused on winning right away that he blew our future (Payton Manning anyone?).  Mac and Bowles truly get it and it shows.

Attempts at sustained success  >>>> 2 years of ridiculous contracts, ignoring the bottom half of the roster, and wasting draft picks like they're candy while a buffoon who claims to be good at coaching defense gets worse and worse at coaching defense.  Yet to some here, those were the "good old days".

These are the start of the "good old days".  I'm confident in that.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Attempts at sustained success  >>>> 2 years of ridiculous contracts, ignoring the bottom half of the roster, and wasting draft picks like they're candy while a buffoon who claims to be good at coaching defense gets worse and worse at coaching defense.  Yet to some here, those were the "good old days".

These are the start of the "good old days".  I'm confident in that.

Totally agree Jetsfan.

22 minutes ago, Pac said:

and those clown shoes were entertaining.  I love the Jets but there isn't any impact on my life if the coach or a player does something that people might consider "embarrassing". Rex Ryan era was the best overall stint I've seen in 30 years of watching the team.

If your thing is professional press conferences and no information on the team then so be it.  

He had a net losing record. What are you trying to argue for exactly?

Fun prediction from The Herd.

Cowherd just gave his season predictions.  Had the Jets at 9-7 and the 6th seed.  

Based on his predictions, our road would be...

1st round vs Raiders.

2nd round vs Colts.

3rd round vs Pats.

Sign me up for that.  Out West and in a dome the first two rounds helps hide Fitz's weak arm.  Then NE in late January would just be a no holds barred battle.

I'd sign for that.

That said, Cowherd is an idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, jfmckenna said:

I'd sign for that.

That said, Cowherd is an idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, he is.  But his prediction is just as meaningful/less as anyone else's at this point.

I just really liked the 1-2 combo of Oakland and Indi.  Don't think there's an easier playoff road than that.  After a hard ass regular season road, it be nice to have an easy playoff road.

Yup, he is.  But his prediction is just as meaningful/less as anyone else's at this point.

I just really liked the 1-2 combo of Oakland and Indi.  Don't think there's an easier playoff road than that.  After a hard ass regular season road, it be nice to have an easy playoff road.

So, if he has us as the 6 playing Oakland in the first round and Indy in the second round, that means he has Oakland winning the West as the 3 seed and Indy winning the South as the 1 seed, and then New England winning the East as the 2 seed.

I think Oakland is building a good team, I could see them as the 2 or 3.

I don't see Indy as the 1 seed, however. Jacksonville is going to win that division and get the 4 seed.

Bowles and Macc have been a very good combo in bringing a potential path to the playoffs and beyond. Bowles has the respect of the players and they want to win with him and for him. That's big. Not alot of drama on or off the field. It's his 2nd year as a HC so he will IMO get better as well. We saw some excellent blitz schemes last year that were very effective.

Say what you will about Macc but he addressed the major weaknesses in the team in the 2 years. He went out on a limb with Hack but time will tell on that one. Next project is the O-line. Jets have young talent that hopefully they will mature into something formidable. Special Teams sucked last year and that really hurt the team overall. Should be much improved this year. Overall the ship is going in the right direction. Preseason has been a little shaky but the main goal is to sort out the young blood and keep the vets healthy. I see that happening.

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Stopped reading when he appeared to be using injuries as part of a circus atmosphere.  One has nothing to do with the other.

Oh, you mean like getting his starting quarterback killed in the 4th quarter of a preseason game?

Name another big top clown who has ever pulled a stunt like that.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Oh, you mean like getting his starting quarterback killed in the 4th quarter of a preseason game?

Name another big top clown who has ever pulled a stunt like that.

SAR I

That has nothing to do with what I said.

1 hour ago, Lizard King said:

He had a net losing record. What are you trying to argue for exactly?

Whats Fitzpatricks net record?  Anyone arguing about him lately?

I don't like hypocrisy and occasionally I like to post about it.  That ok with you, chooch?

1 hour ago, Pac said:

The Rex Ryan era lasted 7 years, only the first 2 were decent.  He wasted half-a-decade of our lives with his awful player personnel decisions and on-field mistakes.

And Rex's greatest achievement-  playoff win at Foxboro-  we can't even enjoy because it occurred a week before the most brutal loss in our history at Pittsburgh. You knew right there we were done and Rex was over, but no, we had to hold onto the clown and let the circus continue for 5 more years.  Just awful.

SAR I

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Rex Ryan era lasted 7 years, only the first 2 were decent.  He wasted half-a-decade of our lives with his awful player personnel decisions and on-field mistakes.

And Rex's greatest achievement-  playoff win at Foxboro-  we can't even enjoy because it occurred a week before the most brutal loss in our history at Pittsburgh. You knew right there we were done and Rex was over, but no, we had to hold onto the clown and let the circus continue for 5 more years.  Just awful.

SAR I

Those 2 "decent" years were a better run than anything you've seen in all the years you've followed the Jets.  You owe Rex a thank you, not your faux condemnation.

1 hour ago, Pac said:

No that's not my idea of a press conference but my HC is a wig or threatening a player from another team isn't either.  I also can't help to wonder how many losses could have been prevented if out HC was more concerned with things like discipline and details as opposed to being a comic

The point is that one has nothing to do with the other and I'd prefer my team act professional from top to bottom.  

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

Those 2 "decent" years were a better run than anything you've seen in all the years you've followed the Jets.  You owe Rex a thank you, not your faux condemnation.

Your confusing 4 playoff wins with well run.  

I think Herm made the playoffs 4 out 5 seasons, like him or not we weren't the laughingstock of the NFL 

25 minutes ago, Pac said:

Whats Fitzpatricks net record?  Anyone arguing about him lately?

I don't like hypocrisy and occasionally I like to post about it.  That ok with you, chooch?

Nobody's arguing that 7 years of Fitzs career is their teams best run.  

Are you saying that if Bowles and the Jets won the SB in year 1 Rex would still be better because he had a two year run at it? 

38 minutes ago, AFJF said:

That has nothing to do with what I said.

You said that you stopped reading the article because it 'equated injuries with a circus atmosphere' as if Rex Ryan sending Mark Sanchez out in the 4th quarter of a meaningless preseason game to receive a season-ending injury wasn't the epitome of "the Rex Ryan Circus".  It most certainly was.  Show me a more idiotic head coaching decision in the last decade.  I can't think of one.

SAR I

29 minutes ago, Pac said:

The Jets succeeded despite Rex Ryan's coaching, not because of it.

I owe Rex a thank you?  More like a foot up his ass for blowing back-to-back Super Bowl appearances and ruining our franchise quarterback.  I suffered from 2011 to 2015, five long seasons, needlessly as he secured his second head coaching job by perpetuating this myth that he is some 'great' defensive coordinator.  He raped the Jets.  He's public enemy #1, makes Bill Belichick look like a saint.

Rex Ryan is The Devil.

SAR I

Archived