Best Available Post-53 Cut Day

nycdan

7 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Just looking around to see who's out there that might shore up a few holes.   Let's limit this to guys the Jets might actually be interested in.

Starting it off...

Jahri Evans - OG - SEA

Way past his prime, struggled bigtime last season

3 minutes ago, C Mart said:

C/G Barrett Jones?  Better option than Wesley Johnson?  I know Jones has history of injuries. 

Haven't seen him in a while.  It looks like Johnson, Shell and Dozier are our depth on the OL.  MIN cut their center, John Sullivan, but I think he's a pure C, no OG.  I think, carrying just 8, we need versatility. 

12 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Haven't seen him in a while.  It looks like Johnson, Shell and Dozier are our depth on the OL.  MIN cut their center, John Sullivan, but I think he's a pure C, no OG.  I think, carrying just 8, we need versatility. 

We still have Qvale and Ijalana though, right? So 9 in total?

1 minute ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

30 years old but 3x pro-bowl player should still contribute

hope Mac is on the phone with Sitton's agent

My concern would be our lack of $$$ ... the guy is likely to have plenty of suitors.

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Cut Breno and we have freed up space cutting Milliner,Amaro and Thompkins 

Only freed up about $500K cutting Amaro & Milliner. 

Dead cap space from Milliner/Amaro cuts: $4.75M. Cap savings from Milliner/Amaro cuts: $450K. ??? #NYJ

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Should've Never Doubted Me...

Relax, Brandon.  We doubt ALL Jets tight ends.

Well, making the roster is an accomplishment, but the real work starts now.  Let's see if the TE  position can contribute anything to the Jets in 2016.  If he can average a single catch for a 1st down each game I might actually consider that a success.

11 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Relax, Brandon.  We doubt ALL Jets tight ends.

Well, making the roster is an accomplishment, but the real work starts now.  Let's see if the TE  position can contribute anything to the Jets in 2016.  If he can average a single catch for a 1st down each game I might actually consider that a success.

We did absolutely NOTHING to improve the tight end position. I go to sleep miserable every night knowing Kellen Davis might be in on passing situations. 

I'm convinced Quincy is going to play tight end 80% of the season. He'll be at TE, with 3 other receivers (Marshall, Decker, Robby Anderson). 

I'm buying in the Anderson hype. 

Archived