Eagles trade CB to Pats

32EBoozer

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Dude will suddenly become a legend in New England. 

**** you Philly! 

And **** Tom Brady, just because. 

New Eagles' OL Josh Kline might not be in Philly long -- or at all. Eagles already in deep discussions to trade Kline, sources tell ESPN.

To those of you who didn't see this post in the Edelman/ Brady Boner thread, I thought it would be nice to ruin your day!

I hate to post this.... but it is what it is.

The ?? If Tom Brady is able to help the win at least seven games this season, he'll become the winningest quarterback of all time.

2 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

New Eagles' OL Josh Kline might not be in Philly long -- or at all. Eagles already in deep discussions to trade Kline, sources tell ESPN.

What do you think, NE as well? The Pats did make that trade with the Cards for Jonathan Cooper who ended up getting injured. 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

What do you think, NE as well? The Pats did make that trade with the Cards for Jonathan Cooper who ended up getting injured. 

Pats traded a fourth and Josh Kline to Philly, and received Eric Rowe in return, I believe. Now they're trying to flip Kline

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

What did Philly get in return for Rowe? 

The Philadelphia Eagles are trading defensive back Eric Rowe to the New England Patriots, sources tell ESPN's Adam Schefter and Mike Reiss, in exchange for offensive lineman Josh Kline and a draft pick.

Kline may not be in Philadelphia for long, per Schefter, as the Eagles are already in deep discussions to trade him to another team.

Rowe was selected in the second round of the 2015 draft, which was overseen by then-head coach Chip Kelly. He started five games as a rookie and finished with 31 tackles, one interception and five passes defensed

10 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

To those of you who didn't see this post in the Edelman/ Brady Boner thread, I thought it would be nice to ruin your day!

I hate to post this.... but it is what it is.

The ?? If Tom Brady is able to help the win at least seven games this season, he'll become the winningest quarterback of all time.

IE_logo_asterisk_only_copy.jpg

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I know many people love to praise Belichick for all these trades, but if the Pats were locked and loaded they wouldn't need to make these moves. I am starting to think these moves are a sign of desperation and panic. 

Yeah Belichick, and Chip both smarter than everyone else. 

GMs don't trade away good draft picks. Almost always trying to cut bait on a bad investment, and these guys are arrogant enough to think they know better than the guy who had them all through camp.  

3 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Yeah Belichick, and Chip both smarter than everyone else. 

GMs don't trade away good draft picks. Almost always trying to cut bait on a bad investment, and these guys are arrogant enough to think they know better than the guy who had them all through camp.  

Some traded draft picks suck and some do not.  When they do not suck, it is usually because the player is being traded for reasons other than his on-the-field ability (i.e. a chemistry/personal conduct issue or a "his guy/my guy" issue when there have been recent management changes).   Mingo and Rowe could both very well suck, but they could also very easily be good players that fall into the "his guy/my guy" category.  We will find out soon enough. 

I don't think even Bill Belichick is arrogant enough to think that he is a better player evaluator from afar than someone on the inside.  In fact, the opposite seems true, which is why he seems to value so highly the recommendations of coaches he respects in his scouting evaluations (and why he ends up with so many Rutgers guys on his roster).

I believe he's played C. Hmmm. Is he better than WJohnson?  No way NE would trade him to Jets 

Via Shefter.  

17 minutes ago, C Mart said:

I believe he's played C. Hmmm. Is he better than WJohnson?  No way NE would trade him to Jets 

Via Shefter.  

God I hope we get him....we really need OL help.

20 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Via Shefter.  

Hopefully the Jets are in the mix to get him and shove it right up New England's ass via Philly

59 minutes ago, AFCEastFan said:

Latest reports are that Kline is being cut, not traded to Philly.  So for those of you who like your guards undersized and un-athletic, Kline may be available very soon. 

NESN has him as not being traded.  :blink:

1 hour ago, AFCEastFan said:

Latest reports are that Kline is being cut, not traded to Philly.  So for those of you who like your guards undersized and un-athletic, Kline may be available very soon. 

Looks like the pats liked him enough the past 3 yrs to play him in 30+ games and start 18 of them. 

Read he had shoulder surgery at the end of '15 season. Possibly that's why he failed the physical. 

8 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Looks like the pats liked him enough the past 3 yrs to play him in 30+ games and start 18 of them. 

Read he had shoulder surgery at the end of '15 season. Possibly that's why he failed the physical. 

Don't get me wrong, he has some good qualities.  Size and athleticism are simply not among them.  

Didn't realize he had failed a physical -- thought he was removed from the deal for other reasons. 

32 minutes ago, C Mart said:

There was no physical.  Most recent reports are that he didn't even travel to Philly.  Kline had shoulder surgery, but he was in camp this year and played in the preseason games.  Really the issue is that he is just a pretty average guy.  A solid backup at all interior line spots, able to start and not be a complete disaster, but someone you're always looking to improve from.  Note how many guards the Pats have picked up in the last two off seasons.

If you have a very bad interior OL, Kline will help.  But he isn't some sort of all-world road grader.

5 minutes ago, Jared said:

There was no physical.  Most recent reports are that he didn't even travel to Philly.  Kline had shoulder surgery, but he was in camp this year and played in the preseason games.  Really the issue is that he is just a pretty average guy.  A solid backup at all interior line spots, able to start and not be a complete disaster, but someone you're always looking to improve from.  Note how many guards the Pats have picked up in the last two off seasons.

If you have a very bad interior OL, Kline will help.  But he isn't some sort of all-world road grader.

Yeah. My bad. I read the tweet wrong. I was only interested in him if he was viewed as an upgrade to backup Mangold. I'm not impressed with Wesley Johnson as backup C. 

9 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I know many people love to praise Belichick for all these trades, but if the Pats were locked and loaded they wouldn't need to make these moves. I am starting to think these moves are a sign of desperation and panic. 

I agree.  When a team wants to move a second round pick after only 1 season and 2 TCs, that smells like a bust.  When a team wants to trade the #6 player taken in the draft just four years before, it smells like another bust.   NE used to trade for established players who might be on rebuilding teams looking to gain draft picks (Welker, Moss) to fill needs.  Now they're trading for busts hoping for some magical improvement to fill their needs ... and at the last minute, too.  Methinks all is not well in Cheatriot Land.

Weird.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports OG Josh Kline is no longer a part of the Patriots/Eagles' Eric Rowe trade, and remains in New England.

That's a new one, as even Patriots coach Bill Belichick had commented on Rowe being part of the deal. Kline didn't fail a physical. He was simply removed from the deal by Philadelphia. It means Kline remains one of the primary reserves along New England's interior line, but perhaps the Pats will work to move him elsewhere. It's possible he could even be released.

54 minutes ago, HDKostempski said:

I agree.  When a team wants to move a second round pick after only 1 season and 2 TCs, that smells like a bust.  When a team wants to trade the #6 player taken in the draft just four years before, it smells like another bust.   NE used to trade for established players who might be on rebuilding teams looking to gain draft picks (Welker, Moss) to fill needs.  Now they're trading for busts hoping for some magical improvement to fill their needs ... and at the last minute, too.  Methinks all is not well in Cheatriot Land.

See Akeem Ayers.  This theory needs some work.  

4 hours ago, AFCEastFan said:

Tried what before and failed?  Akeem Ayers was one of the team's best defensive players in the second half of a SB championship season.  

Really?  If he was so good, why did he end up playing in St Louis last season?  :huh:  If he was so good, why was he released by the Rams and finally wind up as a backup OLB in Indy (http://www.endzonescore.com/indianapolis-colts-signing-akeem-ayers/45037) . 

1 minute ago, HDKostempski said:

Really?  If he was so good, why did he end up playing in St Louis last season?  :huh:  If he was so good, why was he released by the Rams and finally wind up as a backup OLB in Indy (http://www.endzonescore.com/indianapolis-colts-signing-akeem-ayers/45037) . 

Ayers did play well 2nd half '14 season. 9 games. 4 starts w/4 sacks.   1 less than Mario Williams had all of last year. D'oh. 

Archived