Jets stoped them at 1:05 called timeout at 58 seconds

Jetsbb

1 minute ago, Jetsbb said:

Todd Bowles continues his horrendous game management from last year. I was screaming to call timeout when Aj green was stopped short and the ***holes let 7 seconds tick off. Bowles time management will cost us at least 2-3 games this year.

Cant really blame him for that. Ref might not have seen him or heard him. for a few seconds. 

It never should have come down the way it did. If the secondary was worth a damn they wouldn't have given up pass plays of 47, 58 and 38. Most of those plays came on 3rd and long also. Folk was largely responsible. I thought the kid Ross Martin played well enough to win the job. Folk hadn't kicked in a game in two weeks plus, so he was rusty for sure. I also hate not running QB sneaks at the goal line. When you turn and hand to a back you allow defensive penetration and it almost never works and yet the Jets seem to be the only ones who don't understand that. Run the QB sneak and have the RB push you into the end zone like everyone else does.

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Not the point.  You need your HC to be prepared.  In that situation he wasn't. 

No, the pint was about time mgmt, not preparation. Read the opening post.

We're going to lose because our defense cannot close, our QB cannot put the team on his shoulders a will them towards a win, our specials teams still likes to **** us... Not because of time mgmt.

3 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Watching the replay it wasn't clear what the spot was ... 4th down or 1st down. It may also have been unclear if the Bengals were going to kick or go for it on 4th and short.

As soon as they sent out Nugent, the TO was called.

He was a good three yards short there should be no uncertainty. You call a timeout there if they are going for it or not. If they go for it and make the first down the bengals still have 2 timeouts you have to call a timeout there no matter what to give yourself a chance.

13 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

It never should have come down the way it did. If the secondary was worth a damn they wouldn't have given up pass plays of 47, 58 and 38. Most of those plays came on 3rd and long also. Folk was largely responsible. I thought the kid Ross Martin played well enough to win the job. Folk hadn't kicked in a game in two weeks plus, so he was rusty for sure. I also hate not running QB sneaks at the goal line. When you turn and hand to a back you allow defensive penetration and it almost never works and yet the Jets seem to be the only ones who don't understand that. Run the QB sneak and have the RB push you into the end zone like everyone else does.

This ??Duh double duh. 

17 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

Todd Bowles continues his horrendous game management from last year. I was screaming to call timeout when Aj green was stopped short and the ***holes let 7 seconds tick off. Bowles time management will cost us at least 2-3 games this year.

I noticed that too, I like Bowles but this loss and the last Buffalo loss were squarely on him.  he seems to get too much praise for what he has actually done so far as a HC.

6 hours ago, BroadwayJets said:

This really played a huge part when Marshall dropped the ball and Fitz threw the ball into the defender's hands while he wasn't looking.

If Marshall catches that ball those 7 seconds would have been a HUGE factor.

23 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

The entire 118 section was on our feet screaming at the top of our lungs to take a time out.  It took Todd 7 seconds to figure that out. 

When a bunch of drunk Jets fans are more aware of what's going on then the HC...that's not good.

Todd has some serious game management issues and it's extremely concerning.  This is dating back to last year.  He doesnt know situations and clock management at all. 

And preparation issues for that matter.  His substitutions yesterday were a mess. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

The entire 118 section was on our feet screaming at the top of our lungs to take a time out.  It took Todd 7 seconds to figure that out. 

When a bunch of drunk Jets fans are more aware of what's going on then the HC...that's not good.

Todd has some serious game management issues and it's extremely concerning.  This is dating back to last year.  He doesnt know situations and clock management at all. 

And preparation issues for that matter.  His substitutions yesterday were a mess. 

I will not believe that until it is shown that he was not calling time out. I have seen many cases where the refs delay the call for a few seconds due to recognition. 

Bowles did not have that type of problem last year. In fact most of his timeout decisions worked out last year 

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I will not believe that until it is shown that he was not calling time out. I have seen many cases where the refs delay the call for a few seconds due to recognition. 

Bowles did not have that type of problem last year. In fact most of his timeout decisions worked out last year 

You dont have to believe it...but I watched it.  It took him about 5 seconds to realize what was going on and then his fat ass started running toward the ref screaming time out.

This is 100% false.  He struggled mightily with it.  

Just now, JiF said:

You dont have to believe it...but I watched it.  It took him about 5 seconds to realize what was going on and then his fat ass started running toward the ref screaming time out.

This is 100% false.  He struggled mightily with it.  

Not that I recall. I remember people questioning why he called timeouts IK certain areas and they ended up working in hindsight. 

As I think about it, that play ended up close to the boundary. I wonder if Bowles thought that he went out of bounds. I just can't believe that he did that because he was lazy.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Not that I recall. I remember people questioning why he called timeouts IK certain areas and they ended up working in hindsight. 

As I think about it, that play ended up close to the boundary. I wonder if Bowles thought that he went out of bounds. I just can't believe that he did that because he was lazy.

Oh yeah.  It was a problem for sure.  The Philly and first Pats game come to mind.  Poor clock management and bad kick off decisions.  3 Time outs kicking an onside in the Philly game.   Not using a time out vs. the Pats and instead trying to spike a ball that led to a false start. There were others too, those just stand out. 

It's not being lazy.  It's lack of awareness. 

23 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

I was doing the exact same thing screaming for the time out. Bruce Arians used his timeouts perfectly last night Bowles should have taken notes

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

And his team lost to an inferior Patriots team. We lost to a Bengals team thats winning the division

you do realize this is week 1 right :) 

Cheating or no cheating the Pats are probably the best coached team in the NFL and over a long period of time no one is even close so I'm not sure why you would call them inferior.

This was also our first game and way too many people here are taking this as if its the end of the world. Yes the Bengals are a damn good football team loaded with talent and we played them tough and we beat them down for most of the game but you can't keep giving up big play after big play when the answers on how to stop it is staring you right in the face namely AJ Green. Our offensive and defensive lines made us look dominant the rest of the team including the coaches let us down.

Archived