Bills owners meet with players without Rex about Roman Firing.

GREENBEAN

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Who gives a **** who fired who? It sounds like high school gossip. 

So the firing of the OC of our division rival, in response to the performance against the Jets, has no relevance to you?  Add to that there has been meetings between ownership and the players without the head coach.  No interest?

Maybe if we added. ... And Geno is better than Fitz!  :D

12 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I think you're missing the point.  It's not that the Bill's offense was great.

It's that their defense was much worse. 

I totally agree.  But we know he's not going to blame his brother.  And if ownership gave any thought to firing Rex, Roman would be an option.  Now there isn't a coordinator on the staff that you could realistically hand Rexs job to.  No ones giving Rob a HC job.  

23 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

Rex is definitely getting canned at the end of the season, barring some miraculous turnaround. All he can do is hope something goes right this season so that another team is willing to hire him.

No way he gets a job.  He won't have any problem getting a high profile TV job.  ESPN loves blowhards.

If he gets canned, he still has two (or three?) years on his contract. He will still get paid. I also think that he cannot be hired to coach until the contract expires OR they reach an agreement.

Rex may be a buffoon, but he is smart enough to know that a bird in the hand (smarter than the last Bills coach who optioned out and took a huge hit). He will take a gig on TV and double earn. If TV works out for him great. Who knows, in 3 years someone might be dumb enough to hire him again as HC, or he will miss football and go back and be a DC. Either way, he is pretty much set for life money wise.

The Bills will 'rally' to an 8 win season, with a couple of miracle wins in there, the pegulas will give him one more chance but he will have to fire some other coaches and whaley will get canned for not getting rex players so he can be successful.

Rex has more lives than a cockroach eating a twinky after a nuclear holocaust.

Buffalo has given Rex Ryan exactly the team he has always wanted and begged for. A defense with top talent (they were #4 before he was hired), a top running game (they were #1 overall in rushing last year), and a QB with an arm, who's mobile and doesn't throw a lot of interceptions. I'm not saying Tyrod Taylor is an elite QB. But, he put up numbers with a running game that Rex has always wished for. He has exactly all of that. 

Yet, the results have been what they've been. When you have exactly what you want as a coach and still can't get it done. You're exposed as useless. He's done and at the latest by seasons end, because that team is loaded. 

4 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Buffalo has given Rex Ryan exactly the team he has always wanted and begged for. A defense with top talent (they were #4 before he was hired), a top running game (they were #1 overall in rushing last year), and a QB with an arm, who's mobile and doesn't throw a lot of interceptions. I'm not saying Tyrod Taylor is an elite QB. But, he put up numbers with a running game that Rex has always wished for. He has exactly all of that. 

Yet, the results have been what they've been. When you have exactly what you want as a coach and still can't get it done. You're exposed as useless. He's done and at the latest by seasons end, because that team is loaded. 

Agreed. He needed a year or two away from coaching. He didn't improve just doubled down.

On September 18, 2016 at 11:24 AM, Charlie Brown said:

I lived in Buffalo during those great Bills teams and Jim Kelly was a great guy in person as he was in the field. 

It wasn't his fault the Jets ownership was incompetent. 

Bad things happen to people all the time.  I'm sick of the media forcing this "woe is Jim Kelly" narrative down our throughts.

Trader Mike will force Rex upon Adam Gase next season.  Thereafter they will sign Revis to $20 mill per year deal after the Jets cut him.  Rex will then spend 2017 undermining his boss and leaking conflicting stories to the media.  It will all come to a head after Sammy Watkins puts up over 200 yards receiving against his vaunted defense.

Archived