TNF: Texans at Cheater Scumbags

Fibonacci

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Sure, I wish New England wasn't winning while Brady was out.  But the reality of the matter is, they were always going to be battling for the #1 or #2 seed.  They weren't missing the playoffs because of this, so it really doesn't matter much.

Perfect season?  They need to beat us twice, which they couldn't do last year, and barely did once.

Yea, my mindset was the absolute worst they'd do is 2-2. I was very high on Garrapolo coming out. I thought he'd be a 250 yard, 2 TD, 2 INT type of QB. He was actually better, but since Beli coaches his defense for turnovers, I figured they'd offset his picks. Plus, they got 3 home games. I saw this coming a mile away.

The obvious wins were obvious: Bill owns Rex (contrary to the narrative that Rex always "plays them tough", because he still loses all the time) and the Dolphins were going to be putrid.

I expected better from Houston, but they suck. I was shocked that Arizona was that bad. I was extremely vocal about us hiring Arians back when he was interim HC for the Colts. I never thought he'd open that flat.

Going forward, I can see the Pats losing to the Steelers, Bengals, Seahawks, Broncos and us at least once. I think they are a long, long ways away from a perfect season. 

12 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Well, here we go.

The Jets haven't swept the Pats in this friggn' century.

Other than delusional optimism, what makes you think it will happen this year?

We match up well against your chicanery. But if your o-line plays the way they did last night and if they could neutralize guys like Watt etc. you will probably win. I think your secondary is very vulnerable. But so is ours. You said you'll do a 16-0. And then lose to a mediocre team in the SB? Just a reply to your arrogance. 

5 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

They will.

Only tough game left on the Pats schedule is at Pittsburgh, and the Pats own the Steelers.

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

We match up well against your chicanery. But if your o-line plays the way they did last night and if they could neutralize guys like Watt etc. you will probably win. I think your secondary is very vulnerable. But so is ours. You said you'll do a 16-0. And then lose to a mediocre team in the SB? Just a reply to your arrogance. 

Well, at least someone will play with you TX. LOL

Brock will be bench fodder before the end of next season. He's never been any good and HOU fans should be asking for their money back after they signed him to 800 million contract. Guy processes the game slower than the basketball diaries. He literally never releases the ball on time. 

Houston's play calling certainly did not make sense unless their CS has already decided they do not want  to put the game in Brock's hands.  But then their Rb is not very good, so...

The Pats also benefitted from the turnovers, and to their credit they did not make their own.

It will be interesting where Houston goes from here after last night.  Indy will have to be pretty bad I think for Houston to go on to win the division.  But I could be wrong about that.  Maybe they bounce back, but I wouldn't bet on it.  Brock's problems do not look easily fixable.  Must be a rough day to be a Texans fan.

So how much was this about Houston and how much about NE?  It sure looked like Houston was playing scared last night, but NE executed well and had a great game plan.  Probably it was about equal for both teams.

48 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

Houston's play calling certainly did not make sense unless their CS has already decided they do not want  to put the game in Brock's hands.  But then their Rb is not very good, so...

The Pats also benefitted from the turnovers, and to their credit they did not make their own.

It will be interesting where Houston goes from here after last night.  Indy will have to be pretty bad I think for Houston to go on to win the division.  But I could be wrong about that.  Maybe they bounce back, but I wouldn't bet on it.  Brock's problems do not look easily fixable.  Must be a rough day to be a Texans fan.

So how much was this about Houston and how much about NE?  It sure looked like Houston was playing scared last night, but NE executed well and had a great game plan.  Probably it was about equal for both teams.

NE took away the deep pass and left the middle of the field open. For some reason TX does not have any slot receivers or consistent pass catching TEs. Collins was too fast for the screen game with TX's RBs. Collins is good. 

19 minutes ago, Lord Belichick's Disciples said:

Tell me more about how insecurity lies with the team who is routinely in the Super Bowl year in and year out and not with a team who hasn't even sniffed a Super Bowl in 47 years

The team isn't insecure. The fans are. Case in point ^^^

6 minutes ago, Lord Belichick's Disciples said:

Have you bothered to read this thread or at least the title?

Yes, we troll Patriots fans here, and then they come and puke their insecurity all over our website... and we laugh, heartily.

Like I said, you are the best case in point there is for my argument. 

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yes, we troll Patriots fans here, and then they come and puke their insecurity all over our website... and we laugh, heartily.

Like I said, you are the best case in point there is for my argument. 

Wasn't aware that headbanging and misery were signs of laughing heartily but hey, to each his own.

Plenty of schadenfreude to be had up here witnessing the same old song and dance for another season

Just now, Lord Belichick's Disciples said:

Wasn't aware that headbanging and misery were signs of laughing heartily but hey, to each his own.

Plenty of schadenfreude to be had up here witnessing the same old song and dance for another season

I suspect you're not aware of much of anything.

Just now, Lord Belichick's Disciples said:

Eh, maybe.  I am, however, aware that the Pats are once again atop the NFL en route to another Super Bowl while our little brothers to the south just hope to win 8 games.  Enjoy!

Secure people don't say things like this. Case. In. Point.

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Patriots didn't do anything remarkable last night.

Houston chose to run on almost every 3rd down, and the few times they threw, they threw it behind the line of scrimmage. So, there was not a single 3rd down attempt where the play was designed to take place beyond the 1st down marker.

JJ Watt and Jadaveon Clowney got zero penetration whatsoever, both of their jerseys were twisted around their bodies all game long. Pats OL held like crazy, but they didn't get called, so good for them. Doesn't mean they did anything "good", they cut corners and got away with it. It happens in football.

O'Brien and his staff opted not to let Hopkins or Fuller try to make a play. They saw safety help and decided to just try to move the ball with a sh*tty TE, and that piece of crap FA RB they spent tons of money on. I don't know if they came in with a gameplan, but they abandoned it immediately based on 2-deep safety. Gutless.

Houston put the ball on the ground. 

As usual, this game was less about the Patriots doing anything special, and more about a poorly coached, poorly prepared, poorly executing opponent losing the staring contest with Bill. I credit him for that. He basically sits back, has his team execute some pretty simplistic sh*t, and waits for the other guy to blink and **** up. The one thing that impresses me is that the Patriots players seem coached to assume that there's a fumble on every play. So, when the ball does hit the ground, they've already been scanning the field for it... while the other dipsh*ts are looking at each other. It's why they recover their own fumbles, and the opponent fumbles so well.

Fumbles are a point of obsession for Beli, I mean, reducing fumbles is why the whole deflated football thing happened. It was never about Brady's preference. 

Just now, Maine Coon Cat said:

I appreciate just how special these years have been so kind to all New England Sports fans. Its been quite the thrashing we have been able to put on the New York sport franchises and I have enjoyed it even more when I would be sitting in a Uptown bar watching them play.

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

If our guys are healthy we will knock you off 2 times this year. Fitz will not be confused by anything you bring him on D like Osweiler a young Qb was. He's seen it before and can adjust. And your Dbs can't camouflage their inadequacies the way they did last night. Kudos to your D last night but people do watch a lot of film. And an experienced Qb like Fitz can read your defense. If you know what you're doing it's an easy read. Fitz will go through it like its a best seller. Just watch the 2nd half of the Fins game. 

I can appreciate your optimism in spite of you teams consistent bad play over the past decades. Fitz will be dismantled by the Patriots defense (don't you guys get tired of this?). I welcome all of you to become Patriots fans and welcome you to visit us in New England. BTW, when was the last time the Jets won the Superbowl?

So, I say "insecure" and @Lord Belichick's Disciples starts running into jabs proving my point.

Meanwhile, @Maine Coon Cat is here to make sure nobody forgets the NE inferiority complex is as strong as ever.

We need a better class of troll, these guys got dressed down after 3 posts each.

17 minutes ago, Lord Belichick's Disciples said:

Eh, maybe.  I am, however, aware that the Pats are once again atop the NFL en route to another Super Bowl while our little brothers to the south just hope to win 8 games.  Enjoy!

Does it bother you at all the the pats have actually underachieved over the years due to your coach/gms hubris at the draft and trade wise?

Does it bother you not winning a super bowl for 9 years in a row with the defined best QB and best coach in the league?

Does it bother you that  your team is pretty well singular in how poorly other fans think of a successful teams?  Teams with long term success likeable or not are given their due all the great dynasties, the Pats will never be mentioned in the same breath as the Steeler, niners, cowboys, raiders of the past.

4 minutes ago, gEYno said:

The insecurity argument was lost the moment "sign up" was clicked.

But I also kind of think these are fake trolls.

Not me. Just offering a legitimate opinion and one based on fact not hope.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Does it bother you at all the the pats have actually underachieved over the years due to your coach/gms hubris at the draft and trade wise?

Does it bother you not winning a super bowl for 9 years in a row with the defined best QB and best coach in the league?

Does it bother you that  your team is pretty well singular in how poorly other fans think of a successful teams?  Teams with long term success likeable or not are given their due all the great dynasties, the Pats will never be mentioned in the same breath as the Steeler, niners, cowboys, raiders of the past.

I'd further that, if Brady and Beli are the greatest coach and QB of all time, then how can you consider it anything other than a failure to have not won more. Especially losing the SB to the New York Giants twice, losing to the Broncos last year because the New York Jets knocked you out of the top seed, or 2011 whent he Jets knocked them out of the playoffs... I mean, the years they've not won it all, more often than not it's the New York teams that send them to their demise.

I'd further that, if Brady and Beli are the greatest coach and QB of all time, then how can you consider it anything other than a failure to have not won more. Especially losing the SB to the New York Giants twice, losing to the Broncos last year because the New York Jets knocked you out of the top seed, or 2011 whent he Jets knocked them out of the playoffs... I mean, the years they've not won it all, more often than not it's the New York teams that send them to their demise.

Damn, some funny $hit on the board today.

3 minutes ago, Maine Coon Cat said:

Not me. Just offering a legitimate opinion and one based on fact not hope.

LOL, this sh*t is too easy... if it were based on fact, it would be a fact. Not an opinion.

I'm happy that you feel fulfilled in life. The janitorial career path was a good choice for you. There'll never be a shortage of toilets to scrub, whether in NYC or Cape Cod.

Archived