Is Revis' hammy the next excuse?

Freemanm

Jets star cornerback Darrelle Revis sat on the sideline in the fourth quarter against the Seahawks wiping his ass with $100 bills and getting his hamstring looked at by the team's trainers. Revis sat and counted his money and reminiscing about the days when he was an elite corner as Seahawks QB Russell Wilson hit four consecutive passes, including the TD that made the score 24-10 Seahawks.

Revis is expected to collect as much money as he can for the rest of the season while he gets torched by opposing receivers.

I know Revis isn't the only problem, but he is one of the biggest. Him and Fitzpatrick are gonners in January

If we cut Revis we're looking at 7 million in savings.  Hard to find a FA cb with a 7 million dollar contract that's going to be better than Revis, even at this stage in his career.  

Can try extending him, but he'll probably want a lot more than he's worth.

IMO it makes more sense to try to convert him into a safety.  Our current safeties are a dumpster fire.

4 minutes ago, Hael said:

If we cut Revis we're looking at 7 million in savings.  Hard to find a FA cb with a 7 million dollar contract that's going to be better than Revis, even at this stage in his career.  

Can try extending him, but he'll probably want a lot more than he's worth.

IMO it makes more sense to try to convert him into a safety.  Our current safeties are a dumpster fire.

Revis and Pryor cut the Gilchrist bum 

Revis is a smart guy. 

Laying the ground work to get a week of "rest" instead of going against Brown. Would force Bowles to change the secondary scheme in a material way for a week (I hope) and I'm honestly interested to see what he would change if Revis were to sit. This secondary is putrid and statistically speaking can't really see how it can get worse if they are w/o Revis for a week. Having said that, Jets have always been adept at finding new and impressive levels of sucktitude.

1 hour ago, Barkus said:

Last year was fools gold, after the season cut revis, harris, breno, obviously fitz will be gone. Trade Richardson. We could have top five pick, draft qb???

They're not drafting a QB. They just took one in the 2nd round. If they draft one, they would be getting rid of petty and admitting they wasted a 2nd

5 hours ago, jbone said:

Revis is a smart guy. 

Laying the ground work to get a week of "rest" instead of going against Brown. Would force Bowles to change the secondary scheme in a material way for a week (I hope) and I'm honestly interested to see what he would change if Revis were to sit. This secondary is putrid and statistically speaking can't really see how it can get worse if they are w/o Revis for a week. Having said that, Jets have always been adept at finding new and impressive levels of sucktitude.

wait you said Todd Bowles and Change in the same sentence ?

4 hours ago, jbone said:

Revis hasn't played particularly well, so it's not that dire.

Revis has been hung out to dry by a stupid HC ...anyone with half a brain should realize at this point in time Revis is no longer the guy that can shut down half the field so in the real world of coaching you adjust rather than doing the same stupid things over and over and over. Revis is more a victim of the lack of help and secondary break downs than he is anything else. Sure people may point to the money and say Revis should be able to do the same things he did 5 years ago but that's not good football sense

Archived