Let's say the Jets go to 1-5.

UnitedWhofans

2 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Look at the games before the bye. 

Ravens and Rams at home, Browns and Dolphins on the road.

They can win all these games. I think Fitz is going to start until the bye, if they're 5-5 or 4-6, Fitz will start until they're eliminated from playoff contention.

If they're 2-8 or 3-7, Petty probably starts after the bye.

The Rams are actually surprisingly good this year. Or at least, not the easy win they looked to be when the schedule was unveiled 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

They will have lost 5 games to playoff teams last year, which was the thorn on this schedule. Don LaGreca said something interesting on Monday, I dont think many people are surprised at the Jets possibly being 1-5. I think people are surprised at how they got there,

So what then? Do we fire Bowles middle of the season? Do we trade pieces? Do we start Geno Smith, who will inevitably play well in games that dont matter.

Since when have games not mattered to the players? We've seen what Fitz has done in games that DID matter. Its time we flip the coin and go with the guy that actually did beat Fitz in two straight off seasons. He just never added Marshall, Decker and Mangold on his facebook friendslist. 

"Do we start Geno Smith, who will inevitably play well in games that dont matter. "

I must say, that is a NEW one.

But, really, isn't Fitzpatrick, he of the NON-Playoff career, the poster boy playing well in games that ultimately don't matter?

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

If I had my druthers, I'd start Bryce Petty as soon as he is ready, validate what we have in him.

We need to think about what's best for 2017, trying to salvage 2016 is a fools errand.

SAR I

+1 totally, in fact, I am ready right now to see Petty play.

2 hours ago, j4jets said:

Since when have games not mattered to the players? We've seen what Fitz has done in games that DID matter. Its time we flip the coin and go with the guy that actually did beat Fitz in two straight off seasons. He just never added Marshall, Decker and Mangold on his facebook friendslist. 

Jesus, what insecure gibberish.

2 hours ago, phill1c said:

"Do we start Geno Smith, who will inevitably play well in games that dont matter. "

I must say, that is a NEW one.

But, really, isn't Fitzpatrick, he of the NON-Playoff career, the poster boy playing well in games that ultimately don't matter?

More of it.

How do you guys not understand he means after we've been eliminated from playoff contention.

Do you struggle this hard with everything in life? Can only imagine what it's like ordering lunch with you all.

Just browsing through standings. There are 13 teams that have a record of 1-3 or worse. That includes Carolina, Colts, Chargers and some other pretty good teams. It's still early. 

Those teams have Cam, Luck and Rivers as their QB's.

The Jets have Fitz.

See the difference?

49 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

Just browsing through standings. There are 13 teams that have a record of 1-3 or worse. That includes Carolina, Colts, Chargers and some other pretty good teams. It's still early. 

50% of teams that made the playoffs the prior year don't repeat the next year, it's still very early.

What I can say is that if the Jets can get their act together right now there's a 6-1 winning streak awaiting us right after Halloween.  From a wildcard standpoint, we play almost all the teams we need to catch, Pittsburgh and Baltimore are right ahead of us and are must-wins.  Beat those two, we're right back in the thick of things.

SAR I

16 hours ago, SAR I said:

None of these mathematical scenarios matters, folks.

1.  Geno Smith is not good, is locker room poison, and is disliked by the front office.
2.  The 7 games after our first 7 games are the ones that Ryan Fitzpatrick can win.

At 2-5 Jets will be faced with a choice of either starting Bryce Petty to go 1-6 or starting Ryan Fitzpatrick to go 6-1.  It's pretty obvious which one they'll choose.  They can sell fans and TV networks on our "strong finish" to ensure a base of interest for 2017.

SAR I

In your scenario Bowles comes back and he's not a good HC I'm on the hire Jim Schwartz campaign

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

50% of teams that made the playoffs the prior year don't repeat the next year, it's still very early.

What I can say is that if the Jets can get their act together right now there's a 6-1 winning streak awaiting us right after Halloween.  From a wildcard standpoint, we play almost all the teams we need to catch, Pittsburgh and Baltimore are right ahead of us and are must-wins.  Beat those two, we're right back in the thick of things.

SAR I

sorry but both those teams will out coach us easily on both sides of the ball. No way in hell can we beat the Steelers in their building. If we win that game I will be totally shocked. If we get behind and Chan Gailey starts his empty backfield sh*t and has Fitz slinging the ball all over the field its going to get ugly once again.  Predictability never beats anyone and that's exactly what we are.

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

sorry but both those teams will out coach us easily on both sides of the ball. No way in hell can we beat the Steelers in their building. If we win that game I will be totally shocked. If we get behind and Chan Gailey starts his empty backfield sh*t and has Fitz slinging the ball all over the field its going to get ugly once again.  Predictability never beats anyone and that's exactly what we are.

On paper you are right but we've seen stranger things.

If you would have told me in 2010 after losing to the Patriots 45-3 and Dolphins 10-6 that we'd march into Heinz Field and beat the Steelers 22-17 I'd have called you crazy.

SAR I

7 hours ago, j4jets said:

Of course it's gibberish. It doesn't support your views. 

It's gibberish because, like everything else you post, it ignores the actual statement you're responding to you and instead just drives back to your overarching Geno advocacy.

You done as good a job at ignoring the actual questions beings ask by folks you respond to, as you've done ignoring Geno perpetual ineptitude and the circumstances surrounding the team.

Just keep yelling benign arguments and telling yourself you have a point. In the end it's about you feeling good about yourself, not sensibility, or conversation.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

It's gibberish because, like everything else you post, it ignores the actual statement you're responding to you and instead just drives back to your overarching Geno advocacy.

You done as good a job at ignoring the actual questions beings ask by folks you respond to, as you've done ignoring Geno perpetual ineptitude and the circumstances surrounding the team.

Just keep yelling benign arguments and telling yourself you have a point. In the end it's about you feeling good about yourself, not sensibility, or conversation.

Wait wait wait wait. I "itemize" my responses pretty much line by line. How is that called ignoring questions? You, on the other hand, post the same crap you just mentioned. Dumb, vague crap that does nothing to carry on a discussion. And your last resort is "you're dumb, I'm right". I'm pretty sure you drop an imaginary mic after every post cuz that's how self boasting your bs is. And I feel bad for you cuz you have over 50 thousand posts. 

19 hours ago, SAR I said:

None of these mathematical scenarios matters, folks.

1.  Geno Smith is not good, is locker room poison, and is disliked by the front office.
2.  The 7 games after our first 7 games are the ones that Ryan Fitzpatrick can win.

At 2-5 Jets will be faced with a choice of either starting Bryce Petty to go 1-6 or starting Ryan Fitzpatrick to go 6-1.  It's pretty obvious which one they'll choose.  They can sell fans and TV networks on our "strong finish" to ensure a base of interest for 2017.

SAR I

Lol @ Fitz going 6-1. 

8 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Wait wait wait wait. I "itemize" my responses pretty much line by line. How is that called ignoring questions? You, on the other hand, post the same crap you just mentioned. Dumb, vague crap that does nothing to carry on a discussion. And your last resort is "you're dumb, I'm right". I'm pretty sure you drop an imaginary mic after every post cuz that's how self boasting your bs is. And I feel bad for you cuz you have over 50 thousand posts. 

Itemizing is irrelevant if you're doing it as a means of exhibition. I read what you wrote, and 99% of my point is lost on you, so you fire back hyperbole that aligns with the simpleton argument of 'duh, Geno'.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Itemizing is irrelevant if you're doing it as a means of exhibition. I read what you wrote, and 99% of my point is lost on you, so you fire back hyperbole that aligns with the simpleton argument of 'duh, Geno'.

Like I said, I feel bad for you. 

16 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Like I said, I feel bad for you. 

Easier to say things like this than acknowledge what I wrote.

I guess you don't realize how obvious it looks when you're being evasive.

Im going to take my family apple picking. Go catch your breath and contemplate how worthwhile it is to pursue this further, choice is yours.

Given your 'feel bad for you' play, I'll assume you won't realize how ironic it'll be if you choose to keep it up.

10 hours ago, Snell41 said:

We're going nowhere with Fitz. Every day Fitz is a starter is a complete waste of time, development, and evaluation of the young guys on our roster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fitz is holding no QB on this roster that this team wants to do evaluation on from being evaluated. Fitz isn't stunting the growth of any QB this team is interested in seeing. Petty is hurt and barely practicing, if at all. Hack is redshirted and they've done plenty of evaluations of him throughout the draft and preseason. If anything, playing Fitz is protecting Hack more than hurting him. And Petty has already said multiple times that Fitz has been tremendous in helping him. This narrative is tired. 

Fitz is holding no QB on this roster that this team wants to do evaluation on from being evaluated. Fitz isn't stunting the growth of any QB this team is interested in seeing. Petty is hurt and barely practicing, if at all. Hack is redshirted and they've done plenty of evaluations of him throughout the draft and preseason. If anything, playing Fitz is protecting Hack more than hurting him. And Petty has already said multiple times that Fitz has been tremendous in helping him. This narrative is tired. 

Ahhh bullsquat. This is today's NFL. You don't get the luxury of sitting for years to learn unless you're behind a stud. I'm not sitting around for 3 years of crap to see if Hack turns into wine or vinegar. Throw his ass out there. If he sucks move on. Same for Petty and anyone else. Fitz does absolutely nothing for this franchise except delay the inevitable. What are we getting from him? Super bowl? Playoffs?? Come on man this is bullsh*t. I'm getting old, We need a franchise QB. If one of these young kids ain't it then we need to draft one first round next year. I don't care about Hack's feelings. It's the NFL, put your big boy pants on and get out there. Really dude, how the hell do we have any nerve to think this team is in a position to groom problem children QB's for years??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived