****The Official Jets VS Steelers Game thread****®©™

BP

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

12 million dollars. 

We can't score in the 2nd half and on obvious passing plays in the 4th quarter its either call screen passes behind the LOS or risk interceptions because DB's are literally putting bets out on who will come up with the INT. 

Chan Gailey can put something moderately respectable together in the 1st half, but we can't do anything considered productive in the 2nd half. 

We accumulated 80 yards in the 2nd half. No one here should excuse the defensive troubles, but the Steelers basically won this game at halftime with just 14 f'ing points. 

All of those yards came in the first 2 quarters of football. It's pathetic. 

and Fitz threw 2 INTs today, to anyone watching a QB play.  Pitt just did not make the plays.

6 minutes ago, jack48 said:

and Fitz threw 2 INTs today, to anyone watching a QB play.  Pitt just did not make the plays.

We know, and don't forget the fumble which he also leads the league in. I'll even let that slide given that Marshall saved him...which is why we accept his drop or two every game. 

What is really killing me about this guy being our QB is the last possession. The Steelers defense provided the perfect example on the level of respect defenses have for Fitz when put in passing situations. The only pass available is something behind the LOS. Anything downfield and its like the defense are piranha's. 

Total disrespect. 

15 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Macc and Jets Management might have to take a serious look at Bowles at the end of this season.  There is some glaring issue rising up from last season smaller red flags.  We need an experienced HC, the coordinator route just hasn't been working for 2 decades now...  Might be time to go in another direction honestly something to think about unfortunately..

Mac didn't pick Bowles. Like Idziot didn't pick Rex. Mac won't fire him though, not this year. He is new himself and I just don't see him having the balls to do it. They probably scapegoat the DC and next year will be more of the same.  Then he axes Bowles and brings in his own guy. 

well, it's safe to say that this season is probably over regarding making the playoffs. That doesn't mean that this team should fold up their tents and go home. 

Indeed,. This team was slated as a "  win now" team. But after 5 games, it's clear that this team has too many holes to cover up.  From playing 2 rookie line backers, a questionable secondary ( thus asking Revis to still play  as if he was 25), an offence  made up aging stars (that have always been suspect to numerous injuries), a journeyman QB that's always been hot or cold, a questionable offensive line, an inexperienced head coach, and last but most importantly A DEFENSIVE LINE THAT'S FAILED TO DOMINATE.

it'll be a long year, let's hope that they finish some sense of direction and respect.

3 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Ya know, some times things happen...

Does Fitz have issues with ball security?  I agree he does.

But that fumble?  Damn...like I said... tough crowd.

The alternative fumbled the ball 16 times in 29 starts to go with 35 picks. But you know, ball security. 

Just now, August said:

Exactly, he played well. The defense should've held Pittsburgh to 0-12 points. Shame on them. 

He played average. The defense played below average. The offensive line was below average. The running game was below average. The special teams were below average. When you have an average QB, everything else has to be above average. It hasn't been close to any of that for any game. In fact, the only game the Jets won is when Fitz played above average because the defense was putrid again. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

He played average. The defense played below average. The offensive line was below average. The running game was below average. The special teams were below average. When you have an average QB, everything else has to be above average. It hasn't been close to any of that for any game. In fact, the only game the Jets won is when Fitz played above average because the defense was putrid again. 

Fitzpatrick sucked why defend suck?  He looks horrible he was scared to throw the ball he took sacks he offers this team nothing. 

7 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Zero turnovers today. Doesn't fit the narrative though. 

6 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Typical pathetic fitzpologist logic

Exactly. 

All Fitz did was not throw a pick while not moving the offense whatsoever in the 2nd half while taking 3 sacks, and during the obvious passing situation on the final possession have the defense lurking for that ever elusive INT because they have no f'ing respect for this dude. 

How many yards did Fitz even have in the 2nd half? 

Just now, August said:

I'm saying facts. He didn't turn the ball over and he padded his stats so he played well. 

He was afraid to throw the damn ball and played scared all damn day like our MORON head coach who should have went for it 4th and inches we cant get inches he has no faith in his players he has lost this team Woody needs to fire him tonight along with Gailey and Rodgers need them GONE 

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

This post is ironic. But anyway, I'm agreeing with you Fitzpatrick played well, his numbers look decent on paper and he didn't have a turnover. So despite the loss no one can say Fitzpatrick didn't play well. I'm in agreeance with you. 

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The alternative fumbled the ball 16 times in 29 starts to go with 35 picks. But you know, ball security. 

My problem is...that is his agenda for pointing out the fumble, nothing else.

Some things ARE players faults, some things are not.  If you can't use your eyes to see the difference, you will always be susceptible to fools gold...like Geno...and now, unfortunately, Todd Bowles IMO.

Stats are one thing, eyes are another.  Gene's had good games with impressive stats...I get it.  Bowles went 10-6 last year, but neither has demonstrated to my eyes that that was anything more than circumstance.  Neither to this point has shown an ability to progress.  The decision to punt on 4th down today was just awful...and Bowles has the luxury of making that decision standing on the sidelines, not getting his ass kicked in the game.  It was pitiful.

Archived