****The Official Jets VS Steelers Game thread****®©™

BP

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

He was afraid to throw the damn ball and played scared all damn day like our MORON head coach who should have went for it 4th and inches we cant get inches he has no faith in his players he has lost this team Woody needs to fire him tonight along with Gailey and Rodgers need them GONE 

I agree with most of this. But Fitz does not play scared - never has. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Exactly. 

All Fitz did was not throw a pick while not moving the offense whatsoever in the 2nd half while taking 3 sacks, and during the obvious passing situation on the final possession have the defense lurking for that ever elusive INT because they have no f'ing respect for this dude. 

How many yards did Fitz even have in the 2nd half? 

11-20 for 90 yards in the 2nd half. But he did play well. Because his numbers look decent on paper and he didn't have a turnover. 

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Says the guy who neg repped me on posts from like 6 years ago about a month ago. Go ahead. I have plenty of it to spare. Back to ignore with you. 

Stop damage controlling Suckery. 

If Geno Smith was the starter and had this exact season you wouldn't be on this side of the fence. 

Just now, greenwave81 said:

LMAO...most of us agree he sucks...but he's still better than Geno.

And Fitz isn't even the number 1 reason we suck right now.

Hes a big part of it. 

Scenario Geno Smith gets a sh*t he plays great Macc and Bowles look bad really bad thats how that story goes you know it and i know it 

Look at Kerley didnt Bowles bench him as well 

Bowles Blows 

4 minutes ago, August said:

11-20 for 90 yards in the 2nd half. But he did play well. Because his numbers look decent on paper and he didn't have a turnover. 

completing half your passes for less than 100 yards in the 2nd half with no scores and not even a trip into the redzone I wouldn't say was him playing well. 

Fitz would have accumulated more yards and continued more drives if he would simply throw accurate footballs. Its not even about his limitations anymore, its about his inaccuracy WITHIN his limitations. This dude is not good. 

How sad must it be for all of us as fans to think that our QB played well simply because he didn't throw the pick that he WOULD HAVE THROWN if not for Marshall saving him from himself. 

This is a dark day for Jets fans. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Hes a big part of it. 

Scenario Geno Smith gets a sh*t he plays great Macc and Bowles look bad really bad thats how that story goes you know it and i know it 

Look at Kerley didnt Bowles bench him as well 

Bowles Blows 

It will be funny if they insert Geno late in the season and he plays well and they have to sign him to a 12 million 1 year deal in the offseason

Just now, cant wait said:

The worst QB in the league isn't responsible for the team sucking? 

Look at everything that happened today, and tell me that the biggest problem is Ryan Fitzpatrick.  Please.

I wish Petty was not injured in the 4th PS game...but sh*t happens.

And my eyes have seen enough of Geno over the past 3+ years to know he's not better alternative.  It is what it is.

Get well Bryce Petty.

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Stop damage controlling Suckery. 

If Geno Smith was the starter and had this exact season you wouldn't be on this side of the fence. 

Straw man going to straw man. You have no idea how people would react here with this performance. You want to kill Fitz for KC? Go ahead. There are much bigger issues than the QB, but he's the scape goat for people either not willing to look deeper at the team or someone who isn't grasping the atrociousness of the team and management as a whole. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

completing half your passes for less than 100 yards in the 2nd half with no scores and not even a trip into the redzone I wouldn't say was him playing well. 

Fitz would have accumulated more yards and continued more drives if he would simply throw accurate footballs. Its not even about his limitations anymore, its about his inaccuracy WITHIN his limitations. This dude is not good. 

How sad must it be for all of us as fans to think that our QB played well simply because he didn't throw the pick that he WOULD HAVE THROWN if not for Marshall saving him from himself. 

Fitzpatrick did his job. He looked "average" in week 5. The defense didn't hold the Steelers to 0-12 points. So it's mainly on the defense. 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He played scared today him and the moron head coach 

He protected the ball as he was instructed. What boggles the mind is going 2-11 on third down and Bowles not rolling the dice on 4 different 4th and 1 situations. That's on Gailey and Bowles NOT Fitz. 

Just now, Powpow said:

He protected the ball as he was instructed. What boggles the mind is going 2-11 on third down and Bowles not rolling the dice on 4 different 4th and 1 situations. That's on Gailey and Bowles NOT Fitz. 

With a QB like Fitzpatrick the turnover machine hard to take chances. Bowles coached scared he's a pussy worst head coach in the NFL.

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Straw man going to straw man. You have no idea how people would react here with this performance. You want to kill Fitz for KC? Go ahead. There are much bigger issues than the QB, but he's the scape goat for people either not willing to look deeper at the team or someone who isn't grasping the atrociousness of the team and management as a whole. 

This is a terrible response because you know damn well that Im right. You wouldn't be on that side of the fence defending Geno if this was him on the field. Geno Smith never played this bad in a 5 game stretch, and this is a 12 year vet doing this for 12 million dollars...money we didn't even have this season and had to dip into next years salary cap. Fans get killed for even enquiring what Geno could be with this talent given he never had any, meanwhile Fitz gets excuses while HAVING this talent. 

Make sure when this season goes down the damn drain you're the one that finds my "Stop defending a Max 6 win QB" and you bump it. 

Then again, Fitz is the type of QB that will lose all these games to .500 and better teams, yet find a way to win against terrible teams and squeeze out that 7th win. 

This dude is terrible and we're wasting this season on a 12 year developmental journeyman QB with a bunch of fans that are afraid to admit that they were wrong and that this dude is actually worse than the rest of the guys on the squad and is being paid 12 million for it because of the 2nd easiest schedule in the league last year. 

7 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Look at everything that happened today, and tell me that the biggest problem is Ryan Fitzpatrick.  Please.

I wish Petty was not injured in the 4th PS game...but sh*t happens.

And my eyes have seen enough of Geno over the past 3+ years to know he's not better alternative.  It is what it is.

Get well Bryce Petty.

The defense gave the offense extra chances and they could not do anything with them. The only way the jets have a chance at being competitive with this QB is if they play at an all-time great level, this team is mediocre at best on defense and the offense is straight up pathetic. This team has no identity at all

6 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

It will be funny if they insert Geno late in the season and he plays well and they have to sign him to a 12 million 1 year deal in the offseason

Funny like whoever would do that would be sent straight to a mental hospital. 

9 minutes ago, August said:

Fitzpatrick did his job. He looked "average" in week 5. The defense didn't hold the Steelers to 0-12 points. So it's mainly on the defense. 

lol. 

Well, if thats what Jets fans expect from their 12 million dollar QB, then I guess he did do his job. 

Yeah, the defense didn't hold the Steelers to 12 points, but the Steelers defense held Fitz to 13 points. 

Thats the problem. We could have saved 12 million and gave it to anyone of the other QB's and got 13 freaking points

1 minute ago, cant wait said:

The defense gave the offense extra chances and they could not do anything with them. The only way the jets have a chance at being competitive with this QB is if they play at an all-time great level, this team is mediocre at best on defense and the offense is straight up pathetic. This team has no identity all all

I agree the team is mediocre at best, on both sides of the ball...and the coaching is a joke. I've stated this.

Yes, Fitzpatrick has limitations....but Geno isn't the answer...not short term, and not long term.  I'm for dealing with long-term issues that are real problems....not for inserting Geno just to show, again, that he sucks as much as Fitz to have the Jets go 6-10 and still not know what Petty is before the next draft.

Just hate the microscope on the QB issue, I agree it needs fixing, but not to the extent it detracts from focusing on all issues this team has...and they are many.

25 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

lol. 

Well, if thats what Jets fans expect from their 12 million dollar QB, then I guess he did do his job. 

Yeah, the defense didn't hold the Steelers to 12 points, but the Steelers defense held Fitz to 13 points. 

Thats the problem. We could have saved 12 million and gave it to anyone of the other QB's and got 13 freaking points

But if we didn't bring him back we'd win only 3-5 games. 

21 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

I agree the team is mediocre at best, on both sides of the ball...and the coaching is a joke. I've stated this.

Yes, Fitzpatrick has limitations....but Geno isn't the answer...not short term, and not long term.  I'm for dealing with long-term issues that are real problems....not for inserting Geno just to show, again, that he sucks as much as Fitz to have the Jets go 6-10 and still not know what Petty is before the next draft.

Just hate the microscope on the QB issue, I agree it needs fixing, but not to the extent it detracts from focusing on all issues this team has...and they are many.

The offense led by Fitzpatrick only mustered up 13 points and we should overlook that? The QB position which is the most important position in football is a problem and it'll always overshadow anything else. That's the way it is. 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

We know, and don't forget the fumble which he also leads the league in. I'll even let that slide given that Marshall saved him...which is why we accept his drop or two every game. 

What is really killing me about this guy being our QB is the last possession. The Steelers defense provided the perfect example on the level of respect defenses have for Fitz when put in passing situations. The only pass available is something behind the LOS. Anything downfield and its like the defense are piranha's. 

Total disrespect. 

Right.  nObody drops off and gives ground

Some thoughts:

Why concede with 41 seconds and a TO to end the first half.  Try to get into FG range!

Why challenge the spot in the 4th quarter? Powell obviously didn't make it, so we waste a TO! Also, if you try a desperation challenge, then why not go for it? It was 4th and 1/2 yard.  You just wasted a TO due to desperation, so why not stay consistent and go for it?

How in the world do you punt with with 7 minutes to go in the 4th quarter on a 4th and 2 at midfield when you are down 24-13 with the defense not being capable of getting off the field the previous two drives?

1 hour ago, hawk said:

"We were getting three an outs before that 4th and 2."  That was the thinking...

That's ******* worse.  

Yeap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If he thought that it should have encouraged him to go for it not punt!!!

I like Bowles, I really do but I LIKE THE JETS MORE!!!!!

IMO Bowels had better get his act together fast!!!

Archived