Ryan Fitzpatrick now 0-24 on the road vs. above .500 teams

jetscrazey

10 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

We were 1-8 before Vick beat the Steelers in 2014. Geno was awful.  Now if you want to make the argument that he was young with not a lot of talent around him ok, but don't state he was never as bad as Fitz. That's revisionist history.

He was never as bad as Fitz. You talk about revisionist history yet don't mention the rookie Geno going 8-8 his rookie year, something it took Fitz 11 years to finally do with that highschool-level  schedule and one of the most talented Jets teams the past 25 years...and yet found a way to throw 3 ints while being 15 mins away from his first career playoff birth. Instead he f'ed that up like he always has.

Geno had a couple bad years, Fitz has had a bad career with 6 different teams. 

Face it. Just look at the title of this thread. How is Geno worse than a career full of failure? Geno is still on his rookie deal while Fitz has "yet again" fleeced a fanbase into thinking that he's more than what he is because of stats. 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Warfish said:

For comparison, what is Geno's career record on the road vs. > .500 teams?

And the point is?  What Genos career record on the road vs > .500 teams makes Fitzs pathetic 0 wins better how?

I know this, Geno has at least one in a lot fewer chances.  He did beat the 8-7 Dolphins, who were in a win and in the playoffs situation when he beat them in 2013.  

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

For comparison, what is Geno's career record on the road vs. > .500 teams?

I was curious myself so I checked and I counted 2-10. I would make the case that it's mostly irrelevant at this point though... Really from the start the whole geno smith situation has been so unpleasant and he is so disliked by the fans, that I think playing in front of the home crowd is more likely to be a hostile environment than he'd find playing on the road right now. whether or not you believe that he's had a good chance for success here or not, the negativity that surrounds him is his own doing and he's really done nothing to earn jets fans trust and support. so if by some means he ends up starting this year, he's going to be on real thin ice playing in front of the home crowd and things will get ugly fast if he doesn't come out hot

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And the point is?  What Genos career record on the road vs > .500 teams makes Fitzs pathetic 0 wins better how?

I know this, Geno has at least one in a lot fewer chances.  He did beat the 8-7 Dolphins, who were in a win and in the playoffs situation when he beat them in 2013.  

Same in 2014 as well, 8-7 dolphins last game of the season

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Well Buffalo is 3-2 so I think there is some error in the stat. If it is because they were losing at the time what if he beat a 0-1 team that ended up 12-4... Or if Geno beat a 1-0 team that ended up 6-10 was it really that impressive?

14 hours ago, JiF said:

Let's put all the obvious coaching deficiencies aside with Bowles for a second.

How long has Bowles been in the league?  How many times has he faced Fitzpatrick?  Probably a a lot right?  How the **** did you get fooled by last seasons record/statistics? This type of information is out there.  Everyone knows who he is.  Todd was a DC for **** sake.  You know better than anyone how bad Fitz is and you tie your career to him the second you become a Head Coach?

lmfao - oh boy.  Only the Jets. 

Good post; pointing out a much overlooked issue with our HC.  

4 hours ago, hokiejetfan92 said:

Well Buffalo is 3-2 so I think there is some error in the stat. If it is because they were losing at the time what if he beat a 0-1 team that ended up 12-4... Or if Geno beat a 1-0 team that ended up 6-10 was it really that impressive?

Except it's the other way around.  Buffalo was winless when we beat them on TNF. 

Different than beating a 8-7 team 

7 hours ago, cant wait said:

I think playing in front of the home crowd is more likely to be a hostile environment than he'd find playing on the road right now.

Let me be clear about something:

1. I REALLY do not like Geno Smith as a QB or team leader.  I do not want to see him ever take another snap in Jets Green.  There is nothing gained by playing him over Petty if we're making a move.

2. It is absolutely unacceptable, shabby and horrid that Jets Fans would boo their own QB.  I may not like Smith as my QB, but I simply do not believe in booing your own team.  It's low class, petty and childish, and does nothing whatsoever good.  The fact Jets fans are so quick to do it is one part fo why Jets fans are held in such low regard around the league, rightfully so.  If Geno plays, you cheer him on to the very best of your ability, period.  No matter what you think of him playing.

JMO.

10 hours ago, cant wait said:

I was curious myself so I checked and I counted 2-10. I would make the case that it's mostly irrelevant at this point though... Really from the start the whole geno smith situation has been so unpleasant and he is so disliked by the fans, that I think playing in front of the home crowd is more likely to be a hostile environment than he'd find playing on the road right now. whether or not you believe that he's had a good chance for success here or not, the negativity that surrounds him is his own doing and he's really done nothing to earn jets fans trust and support. so if by some means he ends up starting this year, he's going to be on real thin ice playing in front of the home crowd and things will get ugly fast if he doesn't come out hot

Can't agree with all of this. Most of the negativity surrounding Geno is a mixture of exaggeration and people being haters. Nothing Geno has done has gotten him in trouble with the league. He's not out there partying with Johnny Manziel. 

We got people criticizing what his mama told him that he reiterated on twitter. We got people criticizing a caption this picture. People seek out to dislike this dude but he's not really doing anything that I can say justifies this level of negativity. We had a poster here say "I don't care what Geno ever does, even if he becomes a franchise qb, I never want to see him in a jets jersey again". What has Geno done that was so terrible that jets fans would push him away EVEN IF he developed into a franchise qb?

I can't think of one thing this guy has done to warrant that. So I can't agree with the statement that Geno put this on himself. Alot of Jets fans are just like children, all in their emotions and over exaggerate. 

26 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I can't think of one thing this guy has done to warrant that. So I can't agree with the statement that Geno put this on himself. Alot of Jets fans are just like children, all in their emotions and over exaggerate. 

How about making us watch a 4-12 season in 2014?  How about not being prepared for the Oakland game last year?  How about social media messages designed to poison the locker room this week?  How about him being a bust after four years of investment from the Jets FO?

We have been more than patient.  He has been more than detrimental.

All you Sanchez haters are getting what you deserve now.  It's your turn at the woodshed.  Enjoy.

SAR I 

On 10/10/2016 at 10:03 AM, jetscrazey said:

What a telling stat.  Fitz can beat the crappy teams but he's a perennial 8-8/9-7 at best guy.  Last year was a cupcake schedule so he managed 10 wins but still couldn't beat the damn Bills and Texans.

Not good enough folks.  When Petty is healthy he better be in there.  Time to look to the future because the present is nothing better than mediocrity.  I'm tired of 15 yard lollipop passes being considered deep balls.

so we have a good shot against the cardinals monday night?

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

How about making us watch a 4-12 season in 2014?  How about not being prepared for the Oakland game last year?  How about social media messages designed to poison the locker room this week?  How about him being a bust after four years of investment from the Jets FO?

We have been more than patient.  He has been more than detrimental.

All you Sanchez haters are getting what you deserve now.  It's your turn at the woodshed.  Enjoy.

SAR I 

And a 4-12 season warrants tossing him even if he became a franchise qb? Did you even read or were you so hyped to respond you didn't comprehend everything? Ridiculous. 

Sanchez haters? My turn at the woodshed? lol 

I never hated Sanchez, show me a quote from me stating that. Stop being the child-like fan and stop assuming.

As for the woodshed, Ryan Fitzpatrick has lost 5 of his last 6 games and is the worst starter in football. 

Im shaking my head at fans who would rather continue with this fraud at qb over another qb because these fans are twitter/social media stalkers. 

You aren't being taken seriously because your position is joke worthy. 

That's what happens when you defend a Max 6 win qb. ;)

26 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

And a 4-12 season warrants tossing him even if he became a franchise qb? Did you even read or were you so hyped to respond you didn't comprehend everything? Ridiculous.

Sanchez haters? My turn at the woodshed? lol 

I never hated Sanchez, show me a quote from me stating that. Stop being the child-like fan and stop assuming.

As for the woodshed, Ryan Fitzpatrick has lost 5 of his last 6 games and is the worst starter in football. 

Im shaking my head at fans who would rather continue with this fraud at qb over another qb because these fans are twitter/social media stalkers. 

You aren't being taken seriously because your position is joke worthy. 

That's what happens when you defend a Max 6 win qb. ;)

Geno Smith was brutal in the 2014 season.  4-12 and no evidence that after two years he was going to amount to anything.  He regressed from his mediocre 2013 season.  And then there was the issue of sh*tting the bed in Oakland when the team needed him the most, costing us our 11th win and the playoffs.

As for Ryan Fitzpatrick, no one is defending him.  We don't like him.  We don't want him on the team.  It is common sense that he is the only option for us right now.  If Geno Smith were better, he would be starting and we wouldn't have drafted two kids to replace him.

As for being taken seriously, you realize you are defending and promoting Geno Smith, right?  LOL.

SAR I

I don't think there's a rational reason why Geno Smith should start a game for the Jets at this point other than injuries. We've seen enough to know 1) he's bad and 2) won't be on the team next year.

Fitz won't be benched until we're completely out of it -- because even if Petty could play better (and I think some of you should be prepared for the fact that he might not) it signals to the rest team that we're throwing in the towel.

My guess is if we don't rally in the stretch of games before the bye we see Petty after the bye.

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Geno Smith was brutal in the 2014 season.  4-12 and no evidence that after two years he was going to amount to anything.  He regressed from his mediocre 2013 season.  And then there was the issue of sh*tting the bed in Oakland when the team needed him the most, costing us our 11th win and the playoffs.

As for Ryan Fitzpatrick, no one is defending him.  We don't like him.  We don't want him on the team.  It is common sense that he is the only option for us right now.  If Geno Smith were better, he would be starting and we wouldn't have drafted two kids to replace him.

As for being taken seriously, you realize you are defending and promoting Geno Smith, right?  LOL.

SAR I

TL:DR

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Can't agree with all of this. Most of the negativity surrounding Geno is a mixture of exaggeration and people being haters. Nothing Geno has done has gotten him in trouble with the league. He's not out there partying with Johnny Manziel. 

We got people criticizing what his mama told him that he reiterated on twitter. We got people criticizing a caption this picture. People seek out to dislike this dude but he's not really doing anything that I can say justifies this level of negativity. We had a poster here say "I don't care what Geno ever does, even if he becomes a franchise qb, I never want to see him in a jets jersey again". What has Geno done that was so terrible that jets fans would push him away EVEN IF he developed into a franchise qb?

I agree that most of the negativity is over the top, but a lot of that comes from his own irresponsibility on and off the field and he's given the fans many more reasons to dislike him than give him their support. Fair or not, that's just the way it is and he's going to be under a lot of pressure if he's given a second chance

6 minutes ago, cant wait said:

I agree that most of the negativity is over the top, but a lot of that comes from his own irresponsibility on and off the field and he's given the fans many more reasons to dislike him than give him their support. Fair or not, that's just the way it is and he's going to be under a lot of pressure if he's given a second chance

Alot of Geno's incidents weren't a big deal. Example, we hear up to this day about how he was late to a team meeting before a Chargers game that happened years ago. 

Never again have we heard how he was late to a meeting, yet we hear about it as if this guy has some crazy problem making meetings. 

How people try and justify their stalker mentally is by making Geno out to be this overwhelmingly irresponsible football player, but as I said, Geno has not been in trouble with this organization or with the league. 

Jets fans talk about his maturity while doing some of the most immature things based on their hatred of his "twitter post". 

Jets fans need to shut up about Geno Smith and worry about the worst starter in the league in Ryan Fitzpatrick, a guy failing with this amount of talent around him as well as his favorite OC. 

Just because he can grow a cool beard, went to Harvard and seems like a cool guy shouldn't change the fact that he's the one with this utterly ridiculous statline mentioned in the title. 

Leave the backup alone. 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

How people try and justify their stalker mentally is by making Geno out to be this overwhelmingly irresponsible football player, but as I said, Geno has not been in trouble with this organization or with the league. 

Geno's main problem is not irresponsibility.  It's that he's just not a very good QB.  He can't process the defense and get rid of the ball quickly enough to be successful in the NFL.  He's also an inaccurate passer.

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Alot of Geno's incidents weren't a big deal. Example, we hear up to this day about how he was late to a team meeting before a Chargers game that happened years ago. 

Never again have we heard how he was late to a meeting, yet we hear about it as if this guy has some crazy problem making meetings. 

Jets fans talk about his maturity while doing some of the most immature things based on their hatred of his "twitter post". 

Jets fans need to shut up about Geno Smith and worry about the worst starter in the league in Ryan Fitzpatrick, a guy failing with this amount of talent around him as well as his favorite OC. 

Just because he can grow a cool beard, went to Harvard and seems like a cool guy shouldn't change the fact that he's the one with this utterly ridiculous statline mentioned in the title. 

Leave the backup alone. 

The problem is though that a lot of little things start to add up over time, and I think it's fair to say he could have acted more professionally over his first few years, up until the IK punch at least. I am sympathetic though and I believe he should get another shot, I just think with the jets the writing is already on the wall and I'm expecting the team to move on and start fresh next year 

1 hour ago, jetscrazey said:

Geno's main problem is not irresponsibility.  It's that he's just not a very good QB.  He can't process the defense and get rid of the ball quickly enough to be successful in the NFL.  He's also an inaccurate passer.

Oh, bullsh!t.

Geno's problem is that he's a black man, who had the nerve to play for the predominantly white and most definitely racist Jets fanbase. And before you start saying "oh, no, it's just (insert bogus performance argument), I was there when they called Herm Edwards N!GG&R and his defensive coordinator "monkey". Hell, on other boards they still call Geno Monkey.

Own it:

• You're defending a guy with a career of horrible performances because Geno Smith missed a meeting. [smirk] REALLY?!
  • You're defending a guy who choked away a playoff birth because Smith finished a season with the worst OL and WRs in the league 4-12, even though you're on a trajectory of 4-12 with Fitzpatrick. REALLY?!
  • You're defending a guy who threw NINE (9) INTs in two games and locks onto ONE receiver all game because Geno Smith threw 3 INTs in a quarter (even though in a MEANINGFUL GAME Fitzpatrick threw 3 INTs and choked away a playoff berth. REALLY?!

Oh, it has nothing to do with Geno Smith being as black as my boot and acts as entitled as Johnny Manziel. REALLY?!

1 minute ago, phill1c said:

Oh, bullsh!t.

Geno's problem is that he's a black man, who had the nerve to play for the predominantly white and most definitely racist Jets fanbase. And before you start saying "oh, no, it's just (insert bogus performance argument), I was there when they called Herm Edwards N!GG&R and his defensive coordinator "monkey". Hell, on other boards they still call Geno Monkey.

Own it:

• You're defending a guy with a career of horrible performances because Geno Smith missed a meeting. [smirk] REALLY?!
  • You're defending a guy who choked away a playoff birth because Smith finished a season with the worst OL and WRs in the league 4-12, even though you're on a trajectory of 4-12 with Fitzpatrick. REALLY?!
  • You're defending a guy who threw NINE (9) INTs in two games and locks onto ONE receiver all game because Geno Smith threw 3 INTs in a quarter (even though in a MEANINGFUL GAME Fitzpatrick threw 3 INTs and choked away a playoff berth. REALLY?!

Oh, it has nothing to do with Geno Smith being as black as my boot and acts as entitled as Johnny Manziel. REALLY?!

Got it.  So I'm a minority who is racist.  Thanks for being so smart that you can make that judgment without ever having met me.  Dumbass.

2 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

And I get this statement, however, what I see are people having problems with Geno that has nothing to do with football. 

Why are grown men in 2016 talking about Geno's private pictures in 2013? I don't understand why people are holding on to the most stupidest of things then turn around and talk about someone else's maturity. 

It's hilarious. 

As for his shortcomings, this is why you develop players. You don't cut bait after two underwhelming seasons from a newbie qb and no talent around him after picking him in the 2nd round. That's like throwing Hackenberg out there this year, watching him fail then cutting bait because he showed problems we already knew he had. 

The good thing about Fitz being here is that Geno has been in the background learning from a better coaching staff while becoming more of a veteran quarterback himself. 

I can't sit here and pretend as if a player that shouldn't have been on the field cannot become better than what their rookie /sophomore  seasons were.

Archived