Todd Bowles Will Trick Jets Fans and Be Back in 2017

Jack Straw

4 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Remind me again why Brett Ratliff never played an NFL down being the best Preseason QB in the Jets history? 

Jets CS loved him so much that they had him practice with the 3rd team offense the entire year while their most hated QB of all time, Geno, practiced with the 1st n 2nds. 

Rocket science. 

Remind me what Brett Ratliff has to do with this? 

Then remind me what language we're speaking.  I clearly, in English, said that he looked better in the preseason games.  Nothing more.  You're arguing all this other nonsense to stick to some other story.  Slowly now, Petty looked better in PS games than Geno.  The rest is pointless, feel free to waste time on your story but stop arguing that Geno looked better in those games, he didn't.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Trust me bud, I'm not really worried about what you think of my (and basically everyone else's) opinion on Geno, lmfao.  Your response did nothing but prove that knob slobbers don't have much going on up there, just like the guy they so desperately defend ?.  

"Lmfao"? Why couldn't you just write that to begin with? Listen kid, there is a thing called competition. Just because you can beat up on your friends playing football, doesn't mean you'll be the next Joe Montana. I can show you dozens of QBs that played as well as Petty, yet never reach anywhere close to that in regular season. You'll learn the difference over time. Give it up, Petty "knob slobber". 

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Remind me what Brett Ratliff has to do with this? 

Everything? 

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Then remind me what language we're speaking.  I clearly, in English, said that he looked better in the preseason games.  Nothing more.  You're arguing all this other nonsense to stick to some other story.  Slowly now, Petty looked better in PS games than Geno.  The rest is pointless, feel free to waste time on your story but stop arguing that Geno looked better in those games, he didn't.

As clueless as the last guy, even after I clearly laid it out there. 

Just like how Brett Ratliff is irrelevant, Petty's 4-5 passes are also irrelevant to who the better player was. And the CS agrees with me.

6 minutes ago, j4jets said:

"Lmfao"? Why couldn't you just write that to begin with? Listen kid, there is a thing called competition. Just because you can beat up on your friends playing football, doesn't mean you'll be the next Joe Montana. I can show you dozens of QBs that played as well as Petty, yet never reach anywhere close to that in regular season. You'll learn the difference over time. Give it up, Petty "knob slobber". 

You still can't tell me what we're supposed to infer by Geno getting ass-rammed by the same competition.  Hilarious.  I don't slob knob for a living, but let me know when you get out of Geno's gooch grandpa :).

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Amazing macro bro.  How deep into your Microsoft Word clip art did you have to dig to find this dank pic??? 

Still waiting to hear why the Big Bad Jets fans are out to get good ole Geno!

Lol ! you sound pissed.. because someone else put you in your place about the realism of the jets qb depth chart ??

13 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol ! you sound pissed.. because someone else put you in your place about the realism of the jets qb depth chart ??

Trust me.  Your stupidity has done nothing but help me laugh all day.  You and the other genius have put no one in any place hahaha.

2 hours ago, j4jets said:

Everything? 

As clueless as the last guy, even after I clearly laid it out there. 

Just like how Brett Ratliff is irrelevant, Petty's 4-5 passes are also irrelevant to who the better player was. And the CS agrees with me.

You just can't seem to grasp what I said and are just hell bent on arguing. 

To be this stupid and call people clueless is great.  You don't even know what you're arguing about.  

26 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Bowles...   the new Parcells/Shula.

My bad, I forgot Parcells and Shula couldn't make the postseason and couldn't beat opponents over .500.

And this has what to do with me saying some would even complain about two HOF coaches 

Do people read? 

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

You still can't tell me what we're supposed to infer by Geno getting ass-rammed by the same competition.  Hilarious.  I don't slob knob for a living, but let me know when you get out of Geno's gooch grandpa :).

Lol

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

To be this stupid and call people clueless is great.  You don't even know what you're arguing about.  

It's like arguing with a wall.  Ignore it.  You'll be much better off.

I honestly don't think firing Bowles would make hardly any difference.  We aren't going to attract a big name coach any time soon,  And if we jettison Bowles

after this year, we may never get one....  We probably aren't going to be good for a while.

I see. Fire Bowles. Blame Fitz. Mac devoid of any responsibility for this mess.  Not sure who to blame more for this horrendous start, Bowles or Mac. But it's 51-49 going either way. And don't even bring up Fitz in this argument. He crapped in one game of the 5. Despite the 'tough' schedule, we should be at least 3-2 or 2-3  with some hope we could go on a run. Right now this team lacks any sustained effort and falls flat on its collective face. 

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You're still clueless. Come back when you can tell the difference between and NFL D and a college D. 

I see. Fire Bowles. Blame Fitz. Mac devoid of any responsibility for this mess.  Not sure who to blame more for this horrendous start, Bowles or Mac. But it's 51-49 going either way. And don't even bring up Fitz in this argument. He crapped in one game of the 5. Despite the 'tough' schedule, we should be at least 3-2 or 2-3  with some hope we could go on a run. Right now this team lacks any sustained effort and falls flat on its collective face. 

If you feel we should at least be 3-2 or 2-3 than clearly the coach should be responsible , especially when u say they lack any sustained effort....mac is not totally void of responsibility but I bet he would have went for it in 4th and 2 and gone for 2 against buffalo (still can't believe people forget we were an inside kick away from blowing that game)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Powpow said:

Mac isn't devoid of any blame. He 'borrowed' money from 2017 cap to pay a QB $12mil to be the leagues worst QB, a player no one wanted for half a year! Just because you were lucked into the Leonard Williams pick, doesn't mean you go blameless. And Fitz had 4 bad games, not one. Just because he didn't throw 6 picks in all games doesn't mean he looked good. 

And yeah, we will go on a run cuz we have mostly sh*tty teams coming up. I don't doubt Fitz will have us win 5-6 games to keep us out of the race for a good draft pick.

Just now, j4jets said:

Mac isn't devoid of any blame. He 'borrowed' money from 2017 cap to pay a QB $12mil to be the leagues worst QB, a player no one wanted for half a year! Just because you were lucked into the Leonard Williams pick, doesn't mean you go blameless. And Fitz had 4 bad games, not one. Just because he didn't throw 6 picks in all games doesn't mean he looked good. 

And yeah, we will go on a run cuz we have mostly sh*tty teams coming up. I don't doubt Fitz will have us win 5-6 games to keep us out of the race for a good draft pick.

Because fans and media wanted him to sign that QB.

23 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Maybe.  Maybe not.

At years end, we'll see.

Only a fool fires a Coach mid-season, it serves no purpose of any kind.

Oh, I agree. The "Fire Todd Bowles" comment was more or less said in jest. At this point, minus a hard-pivot on the side of Bowles, I think his firing looks like an inevitability. It might take another year or two, but he's on the wrong trajectory that so many other Jets' coaches have gone on.

Here explains everything.

http://www.todayspigskin.com/afc/new-york-jets/jets-post-rex-ryan-rebuild-was-never-a-two-year-fix/

Expectations were high for Todd Bowles and the Jets heading into their second season. Coming off of a debut where he led the team to ten wins (after a significant roster turnaround from general manager Mike Maccagnan), the team came into 2016 hungry for a postseason run.

Unfortunately for the veteran laden roster and their head coach, they’ve started the season 1-4, a far cry from a playoff bound team. There has been panic from fans and media only five games through the 2016 season, but were the Jets actually expected to turn things around that quickly since firing Rex Ryan?

Mike Maccagnan inherited a roster that had just won four games when taking over in the 2015 offseason. The starting quarterback was Geno Smith, there was very little promise in the secondary outside of undrafted free agent Marcus Williams, and many of the roster’s strong points (offensive line and linebacker) were well on the wrong side of 30.

Coming into the market with an advanced understanding of what he was up against (former GM John Idzik was fired after just two seasons), Maccagnan put a temporary band-aid over a long-term rebuild. The Jets roster needed a complete overhaul after essentially gaining less than a handful of starters from their previous five drafts.

He landed a top ten, number one wideout in the trade market without sacrificing a significant draft asset. Darrelle Revis was handed a big time contract to patch up a brutal secondary, while Marcus Gilchrist was brought in to finally give the Jets average safety play.

While many of these offseason acquisitions represented a new era for the Jets, it was overlooked that many of them were just an attempt to stay ‘competitive’ during a multi-year stretch of rebuilding from the ground up.

The Jets still do not have a their quarterback of the future. Christian Hackenberg is a big-time project and will not hinder them from selecting a signal caller in round one in 2017 if the right player is available. Outside of Buster Skrine and Calvin Pryor (who has struggled this year), the secondary will need a makeover again.

September 1, 2016: New York Jets quarterback Christian Hackenberg (5) during a Preseason National Football League game between the New York Jets and the Philadelphia Eagles at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia, PA. (Photo by Andy Lewis/Icon Sportswire)

(Photo by Andy Lewis/Icon Sportswire)

Fortunately, Maccagnan has the proper assets to solve some of these issues this offseason. With a fewobvious cuts, they will be hovering around $30 million in cap space. Trading Sheldon Richardson would get them closer to $40 million to work with.

That money is often used to fill starting holes through free agency, but quietly this new regime has built depth through the draft (including undrafted free agents). They have depth across the board at wide receiver highlighted by a 7th round pick (Charone Peake) and two undrafted free agents (Jalin Marshall and Robby Anderson).

At corner, Juston Burris projects as a long-term third cornerback. Darron Lee and Jordan Jenkins are starting caliber players who have helped continue a youth movement in the front seven. Leonard Williams, who now has five sacks in five games this season, is a star in the making.

These are not ‘flashy’ additions, but they are a start in what is a long rebuilding process after acquiring a bottom three roster in the NFL. The concern by many, understandably, is that they have no definite answer at the quarterback position. Maccagnan himself has admitted to inquiring about the number one selectionlast year, showing an aggressive approach to solve an issue that has plagued the Jets for the past decade.

It’s not fair to get on the Jets regime for mistakes they are still cleaning up. No front office can turn over an entire roster in two offseasons, especially one with one of the worst recent draft histories across the leaguebefore they arrived.

This was always going to be a long-term rebuild. A 10-win season with a band-aid covered roster should not block that vision.

Maccagnan and company deserve time, now Woody Johnson needs to grant it to them.

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Because fans and media wanted him to sign that QB.

Doesn't matter. Nobody wanted to pay $12mil for him. I repeat, NOBODY. Not for Fitz. His value? $6mil max in my books and so far, even I overvalued him. 

38 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Here explains everything.

http://www.todayspigskin.com/afc/new-york-jets/jets-post-rex-ryan-rebuild-was-never-a-two-year-fix/

While many of these offseason acquisitions represented a new era for the Jets, it was overlooked that many of them were just an attempt to stay ‘competitive’ during a multi-year stretch of rebuilding from the ground up.

The Jets still do not have a their quarterback of the future. Christian Hackenberg is a big-time project and will not hinder them from selecting a signal caller in round one in 2017 if the right player is available. Outside of Buster Skrine and Calvin Pryor (who has struggled this year), the secondary will need a makeover again.

Fortunately, Maccagnan has the proper assets to solve some of these issues this offseason. With a fewobvious cuts, they will be hovering around $30 million in cap space. Trading Sheldon Richardson would get them closer to $40 million to work with.

This was always going to be a long-term rebuild. A 10-win season with a band-aid covered roster should not block that vision.

Maccagnan and company deserve time, now Woody Johnson needs to grant it to them.

1. We are not in a rebuild season. You don't pay a never-has-been QB $12mil when you had 3-4 mil cap space. 

2. I don't know where the $30-40 mil figure is coming from. By my calc, maybe we let go of Giac (4.5mil saving - should've sent him packing this year), David Harris (6.5mil saving), Henderson (2.7mil) Revis (7.3 mil) and Mangold (9mil). Thats just $30mil. I highly doubt we will cut Revis and Mangold. Saving $7 mil on Revis isn't worth it when our #1 corner would be Buster...Buster?? Puke! And Mangold isn't going anywhere either. So that leaves us back down to about 13 mil of space with three starting positions yet to cover, rookies and whatnot. Can they create more space by restructures? Of course, but thats what win-now teams do, not the ones in rebuild mode. Rebuilding is all about saving up on cap while giving a prolonged chance to rookies and such with a few veteran presence.

4 hours ago, j4jets said:

You're still clueless. Come back when you can tell the difference between and NFL D and a college D. 

Are you a complete jackass?  What does any of this have to do with Petty looked better than Geno in the PS games and put up better numbers?  You want to make excuses why, you brought up Ratliff and now college defense.  WTF.  

Come back you feel like discussing something you understand.

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Are you a complete jackass?  What does any of this have to do with Petty looked better than Geno in the PS games and put up better numbers?  You want to make excuses why, you brought up Ratliff and now college defense.  WTF.  

Come back you feel like discussing something you understand.

Again, "come back when you can tell the difference between and NFL D and a college D".

29 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Rich CiminiESPN Staff Writer 

Jets coach Todd Bowles said he's getting more involved on both sides of the ball. Not a major role on offense, but it sounds like the losing streak has caused him to tweak the operation a bit.

its like deja vu with rex all over again...

Well a Super Bowl ring compared to most of those teams for one.  Winning seasons in the last decade too.
Your gonna need bigger bait to catch this fish TX .

So let me get this straight, you're hanging your hat on one Super Bowl game played 47 years ago????

And what good is a winning season if you don't make the playoffs?

In the last 5 years, all those teams have the same thing in common with the Jets; no playoff appearances at all.

And BTW, I think you are a good poster.

Archived