Beckham Jr. and the Importance of having a Strong Armed QB

JetBlue

I am watching the Giant game and I am getting a reminder that speed definitely kills.... if you have a quarterback that can get him the ball.   

Beckham is otherworldly when he is on his game but Manning has been able to lead him on passes over and over again where he never even had to break stride.   Same thing can be said for Ravens with Flacco.  He unload to Mike Wallace leading him perfectly and bam.   

If the Giants win this game, no one is going to harp on how Flacco carved up their secondary because Eli and Co. returned the favor in spades. 

Teams that can travel, 40, 50,70 yards and more in ONE PLAY makes me sick as I think about our conquering hero and his pop gun arm constantly under throwing Anderson these past few games.   That is why to listen to some folks keep harping on the defense over and over and giving a pass because Fitz as been "average", is extremely annoying.    

The sooner get Petty or Smith the sooner this team develops a fast strike capability.   Then watch how much better the defense plays when they know their offense can score points in a hurry.   Nothing excites a defense as much as watching their offense score; especially on a quick strike. Nothing demoralizes a defense more than watching their offense creep down the field and then settle for field goal after field goal or turning the ball over.   

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that the folks here got Fitz like they wanted, they are pretty quiet about defending their position. This team has WR's that are speedy and can get the ball. The Jets also have a QB with a pea shooter for an arm. Good call guys. We tried to warn you. A lost season. Instead of developing as a young team we are playing scatter shot with the most important position on the team.

who does that?

6 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Now that the folks here got Fitz like they wanted, they are pretty quiet about defending their position. This team has WR's that are speedy and can get the ball. The Jets also have a QB with a pea shooter for an arm. Good call guys. We tried to warn you. A lost season. Instead of developing as a young team we are playing scatter shot with the most important position on the team.

who does that?

But...but....WHAT ABOUT WINNING NOW?!?!?!

27 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

I am watching the Giant game and I am getting a reminder that speed definitely kills.... if you have a quarterback that can get him the ball.   

Beckham is otherworldly when he is on his game but Manning has been able to lead him on passes over and over again where he never even had to break stride.   Same thing can be said for Ravens with Flacco.  He unload to Mike Wallace leading him perfectly and bam.   

If the Giants win this game, no one is going to harp on how Flacco carved up their secondary because Eli and Co. returned the favor in spades. 

Teams that can travel, 40, 50,70 yards and more in ONE PLAY makes me sick as I think about our conquering hero and his pop gun arm constantly under throwing Anderson these past few games.   That is why to listen to some folks keep harping on the defense over and over and giving a pass because Fitz as been "average", is extremely annoying.    

The sooner get Petty or Smith the sooner this team develops a fast strike capability.   Then watch how much better the defense plays when they know their offense can score points in a hurry.   Nothing excites a defense as much as watching their offense score; especially on a quick strike. Nothing demoralizes a defense more than watching their offense creep down the field and then settle for field goal after field goal or turning the ball over.   

Speaking of the Giants / Ravens game. The Jets will be getting an angry Ravens team next week.

And away we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Our offense on our best day is nowhere as quick as what you just saw hes a beast. 

It wasn't just Odell and Eli, Flacco had some nice deep passes as well and both teams were going up and down the field for a while there.  The point is that is something our team is incapable of more so because of the quarterback than the wide receivers.   I think both Anderson and Peake have the ability to get deep, perhaps Anderson more so, but with Fitz that part of our passing game is non-existent.   Soon we will have Devin Smith back and he will add another potential deep threat.  Can you imagine how much more dangerous the offense can potentially be with Petty throwing to combination of those guys and Marshall, Enunwa, J. Marshall, ASJ.  I think that would also open of some running lanes for Forte and Powell.  This offense has the potential to be very good even without Decker, if we just had a competent quarterback with more than a pop gun arm. 

1 minute ago, Larz said:

you need an OC that is creative and aggressive, time to throw, an open WR and a strong accurate throw to get 75 yard TD's

the jets have none of this, its not just the QB

The OC is getting the WR's open. The one read $12MM QB has that problem to go along with his pea shooter. We could have gotten this poor play at QB for less money. Now we can't even play Geno cause he may show up the FO. SMDH

47 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

who does that?

but wait, isn't he well liked and a clubhouse leader.  if we played the games in the clubhouses we would be in great shape. probably undefeated  :P

19 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Wow, you'd think this "Play Geno, have Deep Game" concept would be OBVIOUS to a genius like Chan, wouldn't you?

Really makes you think.

Hard to play Geno when you are paying a guy $12MM that is in front of him. What a brilliant FO move there.

Just now, Jetdawgg said:

Hard to play Geno when you are paying a guy $12MM that is in front of him.

If the money is the thing you think holding Geno back from getting his 4th chance, then that would be an indictment on the entire coaching staff and front office. If anything, the one year, low money deal makes it easier to go away from Fitz because he's not tied here beyond this year and supplanting him should be the major goal this season, especially with either Petty or Hack getting a chance. So, maybe, just maybe, there's a much simpler explanation as to why they aren't going with Geno. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

This is the only reason Geno Smith isn't playing Macc will look like a damn fool if he outplays Fitzpatrick 

So in your mind, Bowles would rather be fired BY Macc for losing, than make Macc "look bad" for doing the near-universally-supported thing when he signed Fitz.

What drugs are you taking, cause I'd looooove to get this kind of fantasy-world trip.

31 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

The OC is getting the WR's open. The one read $12MM QB has that problem to go along with his pea shooter. We could have gotten this poor play at QB for less money. Now we can't even play Geno cause he may show up the FO. SMDH

you think they feel geno is better, but would be embarrassed by all the winning ?

just let me know now if you have been spending lots of time in the QB threads, aint nobody got time for that

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So in your mind, Bowles would rather be fired BY Macc for losing, than make Macc "look bad" for doing the near-universally-supported thing when he signed Fitz.

What drugs are you taking, cause I'd looooove to get this kind of fantasy-world trip.

Sadly yes 6 INTs in a game and he's still the starter. The NFL is a business Macc is the GM the Jets foolishly handed Fitzpatrick $12 million barring injury he's playing regardless of performance sadder is the fact that this seems to be really happening. 

Very low dosage of pain medicine. No alcohol. 

14 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

If the money is the thing you think holding Geno back from getting his 4th chance, then that would be an indictment on the entire coaching staff and front office. If anything, the one year, low money deal makes it easier to go away from Fitz because he's not tied here beyond this year and supplanting him should be the major goal this season, especially with either Petty or Hack getting a chance. So, maybe, just maybe, there's a much simpler explanation as to why they aren't going with Geno. 

Please......$12MM. Geno could do,more worse for less money

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

You're right.  You can't string together 15 play drives just to score every single time.  Gotta hit some big plays, too.

18 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The year of Elliot has reinforced the notion of drafting Fournette

Not really. There is still no real reason to draft a running back in the first round unless it's a generational talent like AP. They typically just don't last to make it worth that investment. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Wow, you'd think this "Play Geno, have Deep Game" concept would be OBVIOUS to a genius like Chan, wouldn't you?

Really makes you think.

What the **** are you  talking about? Who said anything about Geno Smith??? Jeez dude give it a rest.  

30 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

What happened to the thread where the OP asked if you would trade any player on Jets for OBJ?  Did any Jets fan not think that is a no-brainer?

Why would we do that ? OBJ was on the board when we were drafting.. But we don't draft offense in the early rounds.. Only D and qbs who can't help Right away ?

Archived