Leberfeld: Geno not prepping to play

AFJF

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Let me say this again since your emotions are interrupting your reading comprehension.

If it were up to ME, I would cut Geno to send a message to the team, I'd make Fitzpatrick the backup, and give Petty the keys and get ready for next season.

Since it is up to WOODY, I can see him sticking with Fitzpatrick until we get our 8th loss.

Savvy?

SAR I

Your starter goes 1-5 on the season with a horrid season that could possibly qualify for the record books and you're looking to cut your backup in order to send a message to the team? And you're saying that "I'm" dealing with emotions???

Haha! You're cooked and well done my friend. Finished.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't understand. What was Geno supposed to do under contract? His only option was to be traded or released, neither one is a decision he could make and the franchise didn't see it necessary to do so. 
It goes back to what I originally said about "gossip" and who it's for.

You said it. Once healthy he could have at least tried to shoot his way out. While it didn't make a whole lot of sense for the team, keeping 4 QBs when one vehemently and vocally doesn't want to be there might not have been attractive either. I don't know, maybe not. But he probably owed it t himself to try, rather than be in this neutered situation.

I'm not sure what aspect is gossip- I think it's pretty much common knowledge that Geno is not a popular teammate, I dont think many dispute that, and it's just a fact that no one stood up for him in the locker room. I could give a sh*t why, but you're not going to be able to lead your team, particularly as a QB, in that situation. It's clear the guy needed a fresh start if he's going to have any kind of NFL career.

And if I want to go all 1940s cement-head tough guy, I'd be talking about how a man allows that level of public humiliation, and what kind of a man seems ok with that, not who is gossiping about it. But I'm not that kind of guy, I'm more of a renaissance man myself

Bowles didn't think it was anything big but did have some good advice 

I don’t have any thoughts on a backup player saying anything,” Bowles said of Smith’s “antsy” remark. “They’re backups for a reason, and if they get a chance to play, they better prove themselves to be worthy of playing, regardless of who the person is.” 

As for Smith’s sideline display, Bowles shrugged it off. 

“I didn’t think anything of it,” he said.

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

As long as Fitz is sitting I'm happy. You being salty over the possibility of Geno starting is an addition. 

Keep trying tho, seriously. 

I'm not salty at all. You taking some personal satisfaction in this team being bad is not at all surprising though. Geno can start. That's fine. Whatever gets him off this team quicker. The reps should go to Petty, though, because he has an actual future with the Jets and 100% less drama. You know that and I know that and anyone who is thinking rationally about this team knows that. 

27 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I don't understand. What was Geno supposed to do under contract? His only option was to be traded or released, neither one is a decision he could make and the franchise didn't see it necessary to do so.

If Petty didn't get injured Geno would have been released the day before the season started just to stick it to him after what he did to us.

SAR I

7 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Your starter goes 1-5 on the season with a horrid season that could possibly qualify for the record books and you're looking to cut your backup in order to send a message to the team? And you're saying that "I'm" dealing with emotions???

I think the point is that Bowles needs to send a message that he is in charge and you can't show up the coaching staff and expect a promotion.  it's like being a parent with my toddler - if i reward bad behavior then it's going to continue and likely get worse.  

Petty goes to #1, Fitz is the backup, hack is #3, and Geno is released.    I certainly can't think of a single reason to keep Geno on the team at this point, can you? 

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

Nice to see you post!

An Noooo I have never forgiven you for opposing the WSS!!!

The WSS was never going to happen, it was Woody Johnson's Hail Mary on a land grab in Mahnattan.  He only tried because if that 1 in 1000 chance came through he'd have been like the Tooth Fairy banging The Leprechaun on Christmas morning.

SAR I

8 minutes ago, isired said:

You said it. Once healthy he could have at least tried to shoot his way out. While it didn't make a whole lot of sense for the team, keeping 4 QBs when one vehemently and vocally doesn't want to be there might not have been attractive either. I don't know, maybe not. But he probably owed it t himself to try, rather than be in this neutered situation.

I'm not sure what aspect is gossip- I think it's pretty much common knowledge that Geno is not a popular teammate, I dont think many dispute that, and it's just a fact that no one stood up for him in the locker room. I could give a sh*t why, but you're not going to be able to lead your team, particularly as a QB, in that situation. It's clear the guy needed a fresh start if he's going to have any kind of NFL career.

And if I want to go all 1940s cement-head tough guy, I'd be talking about how a man allows that level of public humiliation, and what kind of a man seems ok with that, not who is gossiping about it. But I'm not that kind of guy, I'm more of a renaissance man myself emoji14.png

Guys on rookie contracts don't do that typically. Besides I wouldn't be surprised if Geno had such a conversation this off-season once Fitz was resigned and Den we was still looking. You never know.

Bottomline, the Jets handled this situation incorrectly. 

25 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

It's a damn shame when soldiers must be mindless robots. 

Also, this is football. That soldier talk is only relevant when lives are at risk, these are athletes working in a business environment....let's come back down to earth.

He's not a long snapper.  He's trying to be an NFL quarterback.  It's a star position, high visibility, I don't need to tell you how Geno's behavior is abhorrent for a man trying to lead a franchise and an entire city.

This is the reason Geno fell like a rock on draft day.  I curse John Idzik for picking up the candy on the checkout line, hate him for making an impulse buy on a guy that real GM's new was a locker room nightmare.  The only good thing about this season will be watching Geno pout some more watching Petty get his reps and then get cut-  assuming Woody Johnson stays the course with Fitzpatrick until Petty is ready.

SAR I

20 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

It's a damn shame when soldiers must be mindless robots. 

Also, this is football. That soldier talk is only relevant when lives are at risk, these are athletes working in a business environment....let's come back down to earth.

I haven't paid much attention to this thread and I've never been a soldier, but...

that ******* puss-face does not fly in a business environment.

6 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I'm not salty at all. You taking some personal satisfaction in this team being bad is not at all surprising though. Geno can start. That's fine. Whatever gets him off this team quicker. The reps should go to Petty, though, because he has an actual future with the Jets and 100% less drama. You know that and I know that and anyone who is thinking rationally about this team knows that. 

Nope, I'm taking satisfaction in Fitz being what I said he was and sticking by it through all the ignorance. 

Nice try tho...seriously.

19 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Geno's 2013/2014 rookie/sophomore seasons were better than Fitz 12 season in the league. 

Keep trying tho.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

He went 4-12 in 2014!  He was so bad that the Jets picked up a Dog Murderer and let him start!

You are one funny poster, VTF. 

SAR I

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Nope, I'm taking satisfaction in Fitz being what I said he was and sticking by it through all the ignorance. 

Nice try tho...seriously.

Right. You wanted him to fail, knowing fully that if he did that the team would fail. Just so you could be proven right. If that's what you're hanging your hat on, go ahead. It's pretty pathetic in actuality. 

18 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Geno Smith symbolizes everything wrong with this team.  Lazy.  Unprepared.  Disrespectful.  Selfish.  Dispassionate. 

He's taking shots at the Jets in social media and on TV.  Cutting him sends a clear message.  Besides, can't toss it to Petty with Mr. Pouty on the sidelines drawing attention.

SAR I

14 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

I think the point is that Bowles needs to send a message that he is in charge and you can't show up the coaching staff and expect a promotion.  it's like being a parent with my toddler - if i reward bad behavior then it's going to continue and likely get worse.  

Petty goes to #1, Fitz is the backup, hack is #3, and Geno is released.    I certainly can't think of a single reason to keep Geno on the team at this point, can you? 

That's the problem. Ignore lack of performance on the field and fire over emotions to send a message. 

I guess as lo g as you don't throw a tantrum you can play like sh*t all-day. 

Crazy.

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Geno Smith symbolizes everything wrong with this team.  Lazy.  Unprepared.  Disrespectful.  Selfish.  Dispassionate. 

He's taking shots at the Jets in social media and on TV.  Cutting him sends a clear message.  Besides, can't toss it to Petty with Mr. Pouty on the sidelines drawing attention.

SAR I

We saw what Geno was on his one drive. Fumble, stupid throw for an INT. Can't wait to see more of that soon.

7 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

If Geno wasn't assaulted last year you wouldn't be making continuous foolish statements in defense of Fitz terrible performance.

If Geno weren't assaulted last year we would have lost our first 3 games, Fitzpatrick would have come in, we finish with 9 wins, we re-sign Fitzpatrick, we are in the same place today.

Geno Smith sucks.  Get that through your head already.  You seem to be the last to know.  All your words mean nothing because your premise (Geno Smith is good and being unfairly treated) is retarded.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

That's funny, he's not the starter. Maybe the F'ing STARTERS who resemble the above should be fired to send a message.

You're owning yourself at this point. No sense whatsoever.

Just now, SAR I said:

If Geno weren't assaulted last year we would have lost our first 3 games, Fitzpatrick would have come in, we finish with 9 wins, we re-sign Fitzpatrick, we are in the same place today.

Geno Smith sucks.  Get that through your head already.  You seem to be the last to know.  All your words mean nothing because your premise (Geno Smith is good and being unfairly treated) is retarded.

SAR I

Like Fitz did this year? Still owning yourself by not making any sense.

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Better than 1-5....

Glass houses bro.

NEW-YORK-JETS-GENO-SMITH-FRUSTRATED.png

I'll take 1-5 over 4-12 if I don't have to stare at that ugly selfish "it's not me, what did you do?" face after each incompletion, each sack, each press conference, each loss. 

The guy is only the worst quarterback in Jets history with at least 3 years on the roster.  You realize this, yes?  Ah, no.  Of course not. 

SAR I

Guys on rookie contracts don't do that typically. Besides I wouldn't be surprised if Geno had such a conversation this off-season once Fitz was resigned and Den we was still looking. You never know.
Bottomline, the Jets handled this situation incorrectly. 
Let's not pretend that there's no difference between what's typical for a guy on a rookie contract and a QB on a rookie contract that started years 1 & 2 and was slated as starter year 3.

Let's be clear - if Denver wanted Geno, they would have had him. It wouldn't have taken much once Fitz was signed.

And yeah, the Jets clearly handled it incorrectly, as we have NO ONE on the roster who any other team would take and play at QB, while other teams gained either value or luxury when they became flush at the position because of QBs that we could have drafted. But hindsight is always perfect.

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

That's the problem. Ignore lack of performance on the field and fire over emotions to send a message. 

I guess as lo g as you don't throw a tantrum you can play like sh*t all-day. 

Crazy.

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that Fitzpatrick and Geno are the same bad quarterback.  Throw picks, miscommunicate, give up on plays too early, hold the ball too long, lock on to receivers, the works.

In that scenario, the tiebreaker is leadership.  Fitzpatrick wins that in a landslide.  Hence the reason he is our starter.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

NEW-YORK-JETS-GENO-SMITH-FRUSTRATED.png

I'll take 1-5 over 4-12 if I don't have to stare at that ugly selfish "it's not me, what did you do?" face after each incompletion, each sack, each press conference, each loss. 

The guy is only the worst quarterback in Jets history with at least 3 years on the roster.  You realize this, yes?  Ah, no.  Of course not. 

SAR I

You seem to take anything with a beard and a good personality lol. 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

You seem to take anything with a beard and a good personality lol. 

I don't like Ryan Fitzpatrick but I can appreciate that he's doing the best he can while leading us to ruin and accept the reason that he's on this team:

Geno Smith busted.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Wow, epic rebuttal. 

I did say I was done with your nonsense. Let me go do that

Please don't.  I'll miss the irreverence dearly.

A Geno Smith fan?  In a Jets forum?  LOL.  Like that's going to fly.

SAR I

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that Fitzpatrick and Geno are the same bad quarterback.  Throw picks, miscommunicate, give up on plays too early, hold the ball too long, lock on to receivers, the works.

In that scenario, the tiebreaker is leadership.  Fitzpatrick wins that in a landslide.  Hence the reason he is our starter.

SAR I

Our opponents don't have to gameplan for leadership they gameplan for the physical limitations of our current starter .

Leadership won't keep a DC up at night worrying , oh my god Brandon Marshall  and Nick Mangold have their Qb's back. 

There shouldn't even be a debate.  What QB has the physical tools that a defense has to gameplan against the answer is any of Geno./Petty/Hack.

Sorry if we were playing chess or having a debate Fitz might be our guy but this is football .

Archived