Leberfeld: Geno not prepping to play

AFJF

8 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

That rusty little Volkswagen did pretty well last year but he has been dreadful this year. Scoring was not a problem and they scored 2 TD's in every game last year. A lot of people, including myself, was expecting a year more like last year than this debacle. His performances the last 4 games have been embarrassing and NOBODY expected things to be this bad. The 12 million dollar man who I and many people thought gave this team the best chance to win needs to sit. I don't care who replaces him to be honest.

11 years of evidence told us Ryan Fitzpatrick does not beat quality teams. All we had to do was look at our schedule to forsee what was about to happen. Some of us hoped for a 3-3 record after this brutal stretch, but in the back or our minds we feared 0-6 or 1-5 as a real possability.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

11 years of evidence told us Ryan Fitzpatrick does not beat quality teams. All we had to do was look at our schedule to forsee what was about to happen. Some of us hoped for a 3-3 record after this brutal stretch, but in the back or our minds we feared 0-6 or 1-5 as a real possability.

Many failed to see the bum he is and has been his entire NFL career Jets fans are blind when it comes to a QB big deal he had a decent season the Jets schedule was the weakest in the NFL in 2015. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick fans are being shown his true colors each and every game this season. 

6 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I myself was thinking 2-4 and would have been elated with 3-3. My point was I did not expect this team to be this dreadful in so many aspects. I expected them to be somewhat competitive because I expected average play from Fitz and this defense to be top 5 caliber. Silly me.

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Will they?

• 3rd and 4 at NYJ 48

(6:45 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) G.Smith pass short left to B.Powell pushed ob at ARZ 49 for 3 yards (D.Bucannon)

Wow, way to run with a joke. You get the point. On 3rd and whatever Fitz throws 5 yards short to Powell and then we punt.

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Cool. Great. Change the QB and everything will magically get better. Everything is Fitz' fault! Enjoy being right! Huzzah!

They have a LOT of problems. More than will get corrected during this season. But I put together this mathematical formula outlining what benching Fitz will do for them.

Jets problems - 1 = 1 less problem

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

They have a LOT of problems. More than will get corrected during this season. But I put together this mathematical formula outlining what benching Fitz will do for them.

Jets problems - 1 = 1 less problem

Changing the QB to whomever they decide to go to, doesn't mean there isn't a problem at QB anymore. It's still a problem. Swapping out a tire with a puncture wound in it for the donut in the back isn't fixing your tire issue because that could blow at any minute too.

I'm all for moving away from Fitz and into Petty. Let's see what the kid has.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Both Fitz and Geno are not part of our future.  Petty needs to start, as soon as possible.

SAR I

I am fine with that. Here is what they should do at this point:

Decide if Petty can start this week. If he can't because he just got back, give Fitz the start. But start Petty against the Browns otherwise. Once you start Petty you should release Geno.  Geno was a plan b in case they needed a veteran for a playoff run. That is out the window.

After Petty starts a few weeks, they should consider making Hack active just in case. Enough of this project b.s. let's end this season KNOWING if we believe in Petty \ Hack or both. Then they can address the position accordingly in the offseason.

No more bandaids.

11 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Changing the QB to whomever they decide to go to, doesn't mean there isn't a problem at QB anymore. It's still a problem. Swapping out a tire with a puncture wound in it for the donut in the back isn't fixing your tire issue because that could blow at any minute too.

I'm all for moving away from Fitz and into Petty. Let's see what the kid has.

You need a QB to win in this league. Fitz is not that guy. What I was hoping they would do is not overpay Fitz and just play guys until someone doesn't suck. Rinse and repeat.

Nothing else matters in the NFL, if you don't have a QB you aren't going to win.  So sitting Fitz starts the process of finding the guy.

6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

You need a QB to win in this league. Fitz is not that guy. What I was hoping they would do is not overpay Fitz and just play guys until someone doesn't suck. Rinse and repeat.

Nothing else matters in the NFL, if you don't have a QB you aren't going to win.  So sitting Fitz starts the process of finding the guy.

Let's put things in the right order....if you don't have an offensive line in the NFL you aren't going to win.If that isn't the focus next year in FA and the draft, cash me out.

Who cares? You don't like the guy so it's easy to be annoyed at a meaningless "temper tantrum".

Well, I did like him, never wanted Fitz in the first place. But yeah, the "punch" and the surrounding actions (and inaction of his teammates) showed his immaturity and lack of leadership qualities. And he's continued to show that, so I guess you're right, I don't like him. But that's not what matters - what matters is what the other players think. And they don't seem to think much of him.

Decide if Petty can start this week. If he can't because he just got back, give Fitz the start. But start Petty against the Browns otherwise. Once you start Petty you should release Geno.  Geno was a plan b in case they needed a veteran for a playoff run. That is out the window.

After Petty starts a few weeks, they should consider making Hack active just in case. Enough of this project b.s. let's end this season KNOWING if we believe in Petty \ Hack or both. Then they can address the position accordingly in the offseason.

No more bandaids.

I agree, but if Petty can't go I'd go with Geno for a game rather than Fitz. But let's face it, QB is just one of a lot of issues. They have no run game. They can't stop the run. Or the pass. This is a 1-5 team, folks.

1 hour ago, isired said:

Well, I did like him, never wanted Fitz in the first place. But yeah, the "punch" and the surrounding actions (and inaction of his teammates) showed his immaturity and lack of leadership qualities. And he's continued to show that, so I guess you're right, I don't like him. But that's not what matters - what matters is what the other players think. And they don't seem to think much of him.

I agree, but if Petty can't go I'd go with Geno for a game rather than Fitz. But let's face it, QB is just one of a lot of issues. They have no run game. They can't stop the run. Or the pass. This is a 1-5 team, folks.

You don't know what you're talking about. You do know he has players that support him in that locker room right?

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Let's put things in the right order....if you don't have an offensive line in the NFL you aren't going to win.If that isn't the focus next year in FA and the draft, cash me out.

Goes without saying. They are banged up now and they are suffering from backup guys not panning out. But if Macc can't improve the oline with some guys taken on day two of the draft, then Macc isn't the guy either.

I keep seeing people talking about Geno no practicing or whatever, but the "not prepping" comment I believe is about this. He was not working with coaches before entering the game. Yet, he had no problem flailing around like a doosh.

I'd start him next week, just to expose him as a hot turd. Then cut him and roll with Petty rest of year. Fitz never sees another snap, but gets to stay and hand-hold.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

I keep seeing people talking about Geno no practicing or whatever, but the "not prepping" comment I believe is about this. He was not working with coaches before entering the game. Yet, he had no problem flailing around like a doosh.

I'd start him next week, just to expose him as a hot turd. Then cut him and roll with Petty rest of year. Fitz never sees another snap, but gets to stay and hand-hold.

Would love to have Fitz back next year as a backup. At the veteran minimum.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Would love to have Fitz back next year as a backup. At the veteran minimum.

Actually I think thats a bad decision he's poison he acts like he's won something and deserves something the Jets are just another team who got suckered by him. 

I want him as far away from this team as possible. 

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

What kind of insight can he gain by listening in on the plan for Fitz. Fitzy - hit your first read within 5 yards of the LOS or just chuck it up at Marshall.

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

What kind of insight can he gain by listening in on the plan for Fitz. Fitzy - hit your first read within 5 yards of the LOS or just chuck it up at Marshall.

Exactly Ryan Fitzpatrick and the coaches offer nothing I hope Petty and Hack stay far away from Fitzpatrick 

58 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

LOL. Fitz we want you to lock on to your primary target. Our receivers are tough. Sure by locking on they are going to get hit big, but that will result in a personal foul penalty.

WE NEED THOSE 15 YARDS!!!!

7 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

So you agree with him choosing Hack in the 2nd round when we had so many other glaring needs. 

You agree with the Jets carrying 4 QB's on the roster. 

You agree with him not firing Bowles yet. 

Wow

Yes because I know that a team goes nowhere until it finds its franchise quarterback and I'd carry 10 on the roster if I thought just 1 of them would turn out to be the next Aaron Rodgers or Ben Roethlisberger.  This plan of Maccagnan's might not work but at least it's a plan, at least there's a strategy.  Drafting quarterbacks who flashed in college and have all the physical attributes but didn't play in a pro system is interesting, means we have to give an extra year but it means the prospects have an NFL coaching staff teaching them a pro system.

Better than the last two GM's whose idea of finding a franchise quarterback was flipping a coin.

SAR I

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Actually I think thats a bad decision he's poison he acts like he's won something and deserves something the Jets are just another team who got suckered by him. 

I want him as far away from this team as possible. 

No way would mac bring him back. Fitz is going to be the main fall guy for this disastrous season.. The gm made a huge mistake bringing him back once, he won't do it twice.. In fact they should just cut him if (more like when ) they pull him for good.. He will be 4th on the depth chart once he loses the starting job..

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

That's exactly the point...not sure how anyone missed it.

But ya' know, going over shots of what the defense is trying to do in order to stop you on offense has no value:huh:

6 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

That rusty little Volkswagen did pretty well last year but he has been dreadful this year. Scoring was not a problem and they scored 2 TD's in every game last year. A lot of people, including myself, was expecting a year more like last year than this debacle. His performances the last 4 games have been embarrassing and NOBODY expected things to be this bad. The 12 million dollar man who I and many people thought gave this team the best chance to win needs to sit. I don't care who replaces him to be honest.

Last year we faced Bottom 20 defenses, so far this year we have faced 3 Top 10 defenses and the 4th is coming to MetLife this Sunday.

If you are looking to point the finger at just one player for this seasons disaster, try Darrelle Revis.  Makes a hell of a lot more than Fitzpatrick, has a hell of a lot more ability, is playing far worse, is no leader, is just punching a clock and collecting a fat check each week.

SAR I

7 hours ago, JiF said:

No, it doesnt.  Nobody is asking Ryan to be Ferrari and calling him Volkswagen is an insult to Volkswagen. 

What good does screaming at the D do?  What good does screaming at the OL do?  What good does screaming at the Head Coach do?  You're acting like words on a message board impact the play on the field.  

Ryan Fitzpatrick is the worst QB in the NFL.  You cant win when your QB is the worst in the NFL.  Bottom line.

We knew it was 80/20 that Bad Fitzpatrick was going to show up, you can't say this is a big surprise.

We had the #4 defense in the NFL last year.  The fact that we have fallen to #24 is stunning, shocking, ridiculous.  Look at what we have invested on this side of the ball, their ability, and their failure.  It doesn't compare to Fitzpatrick's failures.  He's a known loser.  Our D used to be incredible.

SAR I

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes because I know that a team goes nowhere until it finds its franchise quarterback and I'd carry 10 on the roster if I thought just 1 of them would turn out to be the next Aaron Rodgers or Ben Roethlisberger.  This plan of Maccagnan's might not work but at least it's a plan, at least there's a strategy.  Drafting quarterbacks who flashed in college and have all the physical attributes but didn't play in a pro system is interesting, means we have to give an extra year but it means the prospects have an NFL coaching staff teaching them a pro system.

Better than the last two GM's whose idea of finding a franchise quarterback was flipping a coin.

SAR I

Then why didnt he choose QB's picks 1-2-3? 

Macc has never had a real QB on any team hes ever been associated with how would he know what one is. 

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

No more bandaids.

You say that but....

We have the Ravens, Browns, Dolphins, and Rams staring at us, that's 4-0 if the D steps up and Fitzpatrick can find open receivers against weak secondaries.  As hard as the first 6 weeks were, the next 4 weeks is the cake of our schedule.  We'd be foolish to throw a rookie out there to go 1-3 when Fitz can realistically go 4-0.  Do you want to be 2-8 or 5-5?

That's what I thought.

SAR I

You say that but....
We have the Ravens, Browns, Dolphins, and Rams staring at us, that's 4-0 if the D steps up and Fitzpatrick can find open receivers against weak secondaries.  As hard as the first 6 weeks were, the next 4 weeks is the cake of our schedule.  We'd be foolish to throw a rookie out there to go 1-3 when Fitz can realistically go 4-0.  Do you want to be 2-8 or 5-5?
That's what I thought.
SAR I

Lets see, the fins destroyed a team that dismantled us the week before. The Ravens are a far more better coached team then the Jets. The Rams are playing good solid Football and I certainly would not count that as an automatic win at this point. If the Browns beat us, then at least we have a shot at the number one pick. Best we could hope for with Fitz under center on that 4 game stretch would be 1-3.
Just want to throw in this question for everyone as well. If somehow Geno turns things around will all his detractors suddenly attributed it to the easier schedule.
I certainly will be very interested in how that will play out should it happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, choon328 said:

Did I say anything about Fitz, genius? No I didn't. They need to play Petty at this point. Geno is a child who hasn't gotten any better since his rookie season. Fitz is awful and there was no place for him to go but down after last year. It's the reason I didn't care if they didn't sign him in the off season. Get a clue. 

That's the problem. Fitz is playing like arguably the worst starter in Jets history and you're bitching about Geno. That's the propaganda he's talking about.

20 hours ago, SAR I said:

I stand by the quarterback who gives me the best chance to win the next game.

I saw nothing tonight from Geno Smith to change my mind.  We needed 3 scores in 7 minutes and he did not deliver. 

Regarding Fitzpatrick, the Cardinals have the #3 pass defense in the entire league and with Marshall covered these other WR's are not running proper routes or getting open.  The Austin Seferian-Jenkins injury is a killer.

SAR I

5tds, 11ints, 57% comp rate, lowest ppg avg in the league and almost no points scored in the 2nd half of games THIS SEASON is what's making this position of yours look incredibly F'ing stupid my friend. 

Fitz does not give this team the best chance to win, okay? I'm not saying you have to think Geno, but we have 4 QB's on this team, pick another one. This "Fitz gives us the best chance to win" nonsense needs to F'ing stop already. 

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

Goes without saying. They are banged up now and they are suffering from backup guys not panning out. But if Macc can't improve the oline with some guys taken on day two of the draft, then Macc isn't the guy either.

Who on the offensive line is banged up? Mangold is but he played the whole game. It's just not a very good offensive line period. It's not particularly young and there aren't any good back ups or draft picks coming up soon that look like their good. They need to reinvest in the line, no matter who the QB is and it should be done through the draft. 

20 hours ago, choon328 said:

So much love for a QB who has been awful his whole career. It's not based on a 4th down play. He lost me the minute they showed him crying like a bitch on the sideline. He has not learned one thing about what it takes to be a leader of a team. It was effing embarrassing to see him do that. 

Kinda embarrassing to watch a coaching staff not know when to make a change. I can see what you're saying, but when does Bowles wake the f...K up? The chiefs game he completely leaves Fitz out there to dry after seeing that he doesn't have it instead of replacing him, and is basically doing  the same thing with the damn season. Guys don't like to lose, especially on the sideline, especially when they will most likely be looking elsewhere for a job next season. 

People are constantly knitpicking everything this dude does while saying how they don't see how Fitz has heavily contributed to wrecking the start of this season. 

We're 1-5 and I've seen people more pissed off with Geno wanting to ACTUALLY PLAY!

The worst F'ing fanbase ever.

Archived