Todd Bowles- The Streak Killer

nyjunc

Just now, nyjunc said:

it's a few posters actually but I guess if it makes you feel better top think it's all go ahead.  It's also funny that these few posters always need to resort to personal attacks rather than try to attack my arguments.  I wonder why that is?

Because, you're the 1st one to start with personal attacks, you just ignore your own, then cry about the response?  Just like in this thread?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, gEYno said:

Because, you're the 1st one to start with personal attacks, you just ignore your own, then cry about the response?  Just like in this thread?

uh, no. You may want to re-read this thread.  I can't take anything you guys throw at me and from time to time I'll give it back but I have much more fun just destroying your weak arguments.  The only real insult I throw out is about reading comprehension b/c clearly most of you guys struggle w/ it OR you just don't read the posts. 

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

uh, no. You may want to re-read this thread.  I can't take anything you guys throw at me and from time to time I'll give it back but I have much more fun just destroying your weak arguments.  The only real insult I throw out is about reading comprehension b/c clearly most of you guys struggle w/ it OR you just don't read the posts. 

Ah, so when you insult someone's reading ability, that doesn't count.

5 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Ah, so when you insult someone's reading ability, that doesn't count.

it is part of the discussion though, if someone is saying I called Mark Sanchez great and said Peyton Manning sucked that would lead me to believe they either didn't read my posts or cannot understand what they reading thus they have poor reading comprehension.

• 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

add another one.  w/ the loss last week we clinched a losing a season ensuring we have back to back losing seasons for the first time since the Rich Kotite era in 1995 and 1996.  Congrats Todd!

Jet up, bitches!!!!

I told a Philly fan buddy of mine a ways back the game we beat the Eagles in some day will be the Super Bowl. Somehow I feel it will be easier beating there then in the regular season which we never have. It's just a gut feeling about this, but I'll stick with it. I have in-laws in PA always talking smack about our Jets when Eagles are playing well, but I always tell them when the chips were down the Jets won their Superbowl and the Eagles lost both of the Superbowls they were in, kind of like the Pats losing their 1st 2 and then decided to start cheating and paying off officals in order to win SBs at any cost.

• 8 months later...

Needless to say Bowles ended the long winless streak for the browns by leading his team to blowing another double digit lead.

He ended another long streak, this was our first loss against the browns since the 2007 season. Our first loss at Cleveland since we got robbed on the would be TD by Chris Baker in 2006.

Congrats again Todd!

• 2 weeks later...

From cimini":

Cover your eyes, Jets fans: The 19-point loss was the largest margin of defeat by a team with a +3 turnover differential or better since '07 Miami lost by 21 to NE with a +4 TO margin. #Jets only the 5th team since 1970 to lose by at least 19 with +3 TO (h/t @ESPNStatsInfo).

6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

By the way, yesterday was our first loss against Jacksonville since 2009.

@Maxman can we add a puking emoji or a poop emoji? We've got lots of variations of positive rep, the butt fumble is gold, but what about when this team makes us want to soil ourselves?

7 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Finally one that's positive.  Yesterday he led the Jets to their first win over Denver since 2010 and first win at home over Denver since 2002.

And at least one franchise record got broken into the bargain. :-) 

On 10/8/2018 at 12:11 PM, jgb said:

The search for “firsts” has gotten to an absurd point. Define the parameters narrow enough and every game is “a historic first.” It’s yet again typical meaningless hyperbole and puffery.

Would you like a tissue?

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats again to Todd Bowles, this time for leading the Jets to their first home loss ever against the Minnesota Vikings.

just a note: in 1970 we finished 4-10, the Vikings were 12-2.  We beat them 20-10 at home

In our only 2 previous all time losses to Minnesota we lost 29-21 in 1975 and 30-24 in OT in 2014.  Losses by a total 14 points, yesterday we lost by 20. 

Congrats Coach Bowles!

• 1 month later...

From cimini's twitter:

This will blow your mind: The Jets’ streak of five straight games without a takeaway is not only the longest in franchise history, but it’s tied for the longest in league history (since the ‘70 merger), per @ESPNStatsInfo. Seven other teams tied w/ 5. #Jets

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

From cimini's twitter:

This will blow your mind: The Jets’ streak of five straight games without a takeaway is not only the longest in franchise history, but it’s tied for the longest in league history (since the ‘70 merger), per @ESPNStatsInfo. Seven other teams tied w/ 5. #Jets

BeautifulPolishedCranefly-size_restricte

we haven't seen jet teams blow leads like this since the Kotite era.  Basically the last 2 seasons have been like the Kotite era

Under Rich 1995-1996(blown double digit leads):

1995:

vs. Indy.  Led 17-3 at the half, led 24-3 in the 3rd qtr, led 24-10 in 4th.  Lost 27-24 in OT

1996:

at Miami: led 14-0 in 2nd qtr, lost 36-27

at Jax: led 14-3 in 2nd qtr, lost 21-17

vs. NE: led 21-0 in 2nd qtr, 21-7 at half. Lost 31-27

vs. Phi: led 20-7 in the 4th qtr, lost 21-20

vs. Mia: led 14-0 in 2nd qtr, lost 31-28

Under Bowles 2017 & 2018

2017:

vs. NE: led 14-0 in 2nd qtr, lest 24-17

at Mia: led 28-14 in 4th(and had the ball on the 2nd possession of the 4th qtr), lost 31-28

2018:

led Cle 14-0 in 2nd qtr, 14-3 in 3rd qtr.  Lost 21-17

at ten: led 16-0 in 2nd, led 19-6 in 3rd, lost 26-22

still 4 games to go!

Revealing stat: The Jets have gone five straight games scoring one or zero touchdowns. It is the longest streak in franchise history, according to ESPN. Think about all the terrible teams in this franchise’s history, and this team is worse than all of them in this category.

On 10/24/2016 at 4:29 PM, nyjunc said:

I don't know why I find this interesting but I do.  In his less than year and a half on the job Bowles has slayed some long win/losing streaks.

2015:

we were undefeated in Houston against the Texans, he led us to the loss.

we hadn't beaten NYG since 1993 before he led us to that win

2016:

Our last home loss to Cincy was 1981 before he led us to the loss

Our last loss at home to Seattle was 1983 before Bowles led us to the loss.

Our last loss to the cards anywhere was 1975 before he led us to the loss.

Our last(and only) win against the ravens came in 1997 before he led us to the win

the only long streak he didn't break was against philly who we are destined to never beat.

Let me get with my coaches and watch some film.

• 2 weeks later...

Since we have clinched yet another losing season under Bowles, this will be the 1st time since 1994-1996 that we have had 3 losing seasons in a row and the only coach in Jets history to lead us to 3 straight losing season since Weeb did it his first 3 years which were the first 3 years we were known as the Jets.

On 10/24/2016 at 4:29 PM, nyjunc said:

I don't know why I find this interesting but I do.  In his less than year and a half on the job Bowles has slayed some long win/losing streaks.

2015:

we were undefeated in Houston against the Texans, he led us to the loss.

we hadn't beaten NYG since 1993 before he led us to that win

2016:

Our last home loss to Cincy was 1981 before he led us to the loss

Our last loss at home to Seattle was 1983 before Bowles led us to the loss.

Our last loss to the cards anywhere was 1975 before he led us to the loss.

Our last(and only) win against the ravens came in 1997 before he led us to the win

the only long streak he didn't break was against philly who we are destined to never beat.

The game Saturday proves that Bowles has not learned anything since the Buffalo game at the end of Year One.  He used the Darelle Revis/Sammy Watkins defense again!

Archived