Won't be long now

Ex-Rex

I'm guessing that after the Jets are beat by the Rams next week that Todd Bowles will no longer have the "best chance to win" option with regard to Fitzpatrick any more and we will see Bryce Petty the rest of the way. I say this not to put any undue pressure on Petty, but he has to play for the team to see what he is about. I don't expect wins, just don't look anything like Fitzpatrick who is obviously trying way too hard and has lost his passing touch. Every short pass from Fitz is a Nolan Ryan fastball when a simple touch pass would do the trick. If Bowles sticks with Fitz I hope he gets the pink slip he will have earned.

That's my point. I think the team is "tuning out" Bowles message, since there doesn't seem to be any consistent one. Especially with the offense. That's what irks me the most is that he is a clone of Rex as far as knowing what the offense is doing and making sure they correct it. I doubt he knows how to correct it either. Coming from a Parcells and Bruce Ariens background I expected a whole lot more in terms of adjustments and discipline.

10 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

I'm guessing that after the Jets are beat by the Rams next week that Todd Bowles will no longer have the "best chance to win" option with regard to Fitzpatrick any more and we will see Bryce Petty the rest of the way.

If we lose to the Rams, and are sitting at 3-7, yes, I would expect that's when we would/should see Petty.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Todd Bowles is a moron he's proven nothing worthy of head coaching material. 

The Jets organization is a mess and hes solely responsible for a lot of it. 

NEXT MAN UP 

Lets talk about who that could be. I would like Mike Shanahan. He has won it all, and is a believer in a balanced offense. Give him a RB corps like Forte, Powell and Spiller and this guy will win football games. 

Just now, FTL Jet Fan said:

How do you know it's not Mac who want to keep Fitz in

I have never heard of a GM forcing a QB decision on his HC. And I doubt Mac would do it. No, it is all Bowles and Gailey hoping to catch lightning in a bottle like Fitz did last year, only it is not working and they are too stubborn to see it.

14 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

I'm guessing that after the Jets are beat by the Rams next week that Todd Bowles will no longer have the "best chance to win" option with regard to Fitzpatrick any more and we will see Bryce Petty the rest of the way. I say this not to put any undue pressure on Petty, but he has to play for the team to see what he is about. I don't expect wins, just don't look anything like Fitzpatrick who is obviously trying way too hard and has lost his passing touch. Every short pass from Fitz is a Nolan Ryan fastball when a simple touch pass would do the trick. If Bowles sticks with Fitz I hope he gets the pink slip he will have earned.

That has been the biggest myth all season.... 

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Take it up with how NFL teams are typically run, it isn't my call.

Agreed. When the season is lost you have run out of the "best chance to win" excuse and it is time to see what the youngster has to offer.

6 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

I have never heard of a GM forcing a QB decision on his HC. And I doubt Mac would do it. No, it is all Bowles and Gailey hoping to catch lightning in a bottle like Fitz did last year, only it is not working and they are too stubborn to see it.

So you think Mac will just sit back and let the sh*t show unfold  without making a command decision? If so then he's not competent at all. Maybe Petty is just horrible in practice. I wanted Fitz benched weeks ago, this is extremely frustrating.

I hope Bowles flip flops like he did after the Arizona game and gives Petty the start against the Rams. It seems imminent that Petty will get the start after the bye at least and I'd hate for his first game to be a nationally televised prime time game against the Pats.

33 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

Lets talk about who that could be. I would like Mike Shanahan. He has won it all, and is a believer in a balanced offense. Give him a RB corps like Forte, Powell and Spiller and this guy will win football games. 

Mike Shanahan is a control freak who needed a top 5 all-time QB and a top all-time running back to win. He destroyed the career of a potential franchise QB in Washington. He can eat a bag of dicks.

Stay the course with Mac and Bowles, if Bryce is the guy then everything else becomes more clear.

1 hour ago, Ex-Rex said:

I doubt he would ever give Petty his first start against the Pats.  He would be better off putting him out there next week.

1 hour ago, LionelRichie said:

please explain the difference.  

If I have to explain the difference to you it only PROVES my point. 3-6 is bad 3-7 is worse. 3-7 after 10 games is a .300 winning percentage which may be acceptable to you but it is not to the rest of us and shows that Fitz needs to be replaced. 3-7 means there is no more "best chance of winning" argument because that is moot, 3-7 means it's time to look to the future and give up on the lost season. Please don't repost to this. That would just be ignorant.

1 hour ago, jack48 said:

I doubt he would ever give Petty his first start against the Pats.  He would be better off putting him out there next week.

No argument here, but Blowes as already come out and said Fitz is "our QB". So I guess that means he starts against the Rams as Blowes hopes Fitz miraculously becomes what he was last year when he was playing for a contract. 

2 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

Really? What about that time Idzik forced Rex to play Mark Sanchez in the 4th Q of preseason so that he hurt himself and couldn't play during the season? 

2 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

The problem with that is it puts Petty's first start in the national spotlight against the Pats. The right play is to start Petty this week giving him 2 weeks of reps as the starter before the Pats game. 

9 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

No argument here, but Blowes as already come out and said Fitz is "our QB". So I guess that means he starts against the Rams as Blowes hopes Fitz miraculously becomes what he was last year when he was playing for a contract. 

I am so done with Blowes. I realize that you do not hire a new coach every two years so he is here for awhile. I just have little hope that he will ever show the coaching acumen to win against pretty good teams.  And you have to do that eventually if your team is going to get anywhere.  The D never comes out of the gate and stops someone.  They never stop teams late.  Yesterday after their final punt Ajayi blows through them twice for huge gains.  Team has no spirit and no on field intelligence.  The talent is a little thin too in the secondary and at LB.  BUt thin talent does not excuse completely blown coverages, missed assignments, dumb penalties, shoddy tackling or guys getting sat down for the frst period of a game as a "COACH'S DECISION."  I would not say it is a circus.  I would just say that attention has not been paid to the details.  It  has been a dreary season. I much prefer losing at the end to this.

Archived