2017 Jets Head Coach: Mike McCarthy

RoadFan

13 hours ago, RoadFan said:

I mentioned this a few weeks ago.  A handful of you saw it but mostly got "no way Green Bay fires him."  Well, something is stinky and moldy in Cheeseland.  Like Camembert bad.  There are rumblings that the relationship between McCarthy and Aaron Rodgers is souring.   Clearly, Rodgers ain't going nowhere.

Experienced.  Respected.  No nonsense.  Offensive-minded.  Perfect.

Would take him in a heartbeat, but I doubt GB is that stupid to fire him. They will let and Rodgers figure out what went wrong and fix it. Jets lose out again.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

Unmmmm Nooooooo!! :)

Even Rogers who has been "brutal" this year according to you and he's has , has been statistically better than Fitz.  Think about that. 

And that I believe that Rogers upside on his worst days can't honestly be compared to Fitz on his best days.   They are just two different level of athletes IMO.

If Rogers were on the Jets pundits would we saying we are a super bowl caliber type of team that is the difference my friend.

One is a first ballot HOF player and the other has to buy a ticket to visit.  

Come on now!!!

If Rodgers actually played defense and was on Special Teams I would agree.

Fitz could never EVER carry Aaron Rodgers jock strap. But there is sooooooooooo much more wrong with this team than just the QB. That even Rodgers (even with the horrible year that he is having ) would not have saved them.

This goes so beyond Fitz' performance right now it is not even funny. Guys being misused, like Forte or Powell not catching anything out of the backfield, richardson being moved to LB at times, The decline or laziness of Revis and Mo, an OL that right now can't block anybody, Undisciplined penalties, an OC that has gone 5 wide on 3 and 1 or 2 on numerous occasions. I could probably list about 10 more things wrong with this team right now and how they have become unwatchable.

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Jacksonville

Bortles is looking like a bust.  Yeah our QB situation is arguably worse but we have more flexibility at least to add a Qb next year

Besides money talks and bs walks.  If Woody offered significantly more $ than Khan he would come here

3 hours ago, section314 said:

The reason organizations like the Packers are consistently good is that they don't make knee jerk reactions when it comes to coaches. They let clown organizations like the Jets, Browns, Bucs and  Jags listen to two-bit local reporter hacks and fan based websites to make decisions, while they let real football people make the tough choices. Nothing to see here.

No - they're constantly good because the last two qbs they've had have been hof'ers

From a high level I agree with the concept of hiring a guy and sticking with him long term even if early results ate poor and the record is terrible. long term stabilit is a hallmark of successful NFL  teams.

But you have to choose the right QB to begin with. And Bowles is just not the guy.

Mistakes are not the biggest issue either, young head coaches make lots of them and grow from them.

But Bowles is not learning from his mistakes, or adjusting. Worse, he is actually BAD as a HC not a coach just making mistakes.

He is bad at game planning.

He is bad at adjustments.

He is ridiculously conservative, likely the worst in the NFL.

he is not good at situational football and game and clock management and even when those decisions hurt him he does not learn and insists on doing same thing

He is intensely stubborn

His  teams do not play hard consistently 

He is not in control of the locker room

He is not a teacher

He has no interest in the offense

Thete is NOTHING good about Bowles. belichick is good at everything above. if there was even a mixture of good and bad stick with him hope he fixes the bad.

But Bowles is all BAD. Fire him ASAP

On 11/14/2016 at 9:00 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

Mccarthy has been blessed going from favre to rodgers.  Without a qb, he will be 6-10 here.

This is really what I'm thinking too.  Not sure how good he is without a hall of fame QB lol  Plus he tends to go cold and conservative during the biggest moments.

With that said, I still think he is an upgrade to Bowles though!

19 hours ago, johnnysd said:

From a high level I agree with the concept of hiring a guy and sticking with him long term even if early results ate poor and the record is terrible. long term stabilit is a hallmark of successful NFL  teams.

But you have to choose the right QB to begin with. And Bowles is just not the guy.

Mistakes are not the biggest issue either, young head coaches make lots of them and grow from them.

But Bowles is not learning from his mistakes, or adjusting. Worse, he is actually BAD as a HC not a coach just making mistakes.

He is bad at game planning.

He is bad at adjustments.

He is ridiculously conservative, likely the worst in the NFL.

he is not good at situational football and game and clock management and even when those decisions hurt him he does not learn and insists on doing same thing

He is intensely stubborn

His  teams do not play hard consistently 

He is not in control of the locker room

He is not a teacher

He has no interest in the offense

Thete is NOTHING good about Bowles. belichick is good at everything above. if there was even a mixture of good and bad stick with him hope he fixes the bad.

But Bowles is all BAD. Fire him ASAP

I agree with both sides of this argument:

1)  You have to give a new coach a chance.  The Jets like hiring first time head coaches.

2)  But there are times when the evidence dictates that a person is just not going to be good at a new job.   That is why it is important for the rest of the season that Bowles presents a well-coached team.   I am less concerned about winning-this is obviously an injured and aging rapidly roster, and most of football is about talent vs. talent.  I am concerned about how disciplined the team is, locker room control, etc.  If he cannot show big improvement over the next 7 weeks, and a Mike McCarthy or someone of that ilk (he does run (or did run) a 3-4 defense) becomes available, I think the Jets have to seriously consider that.    Maybe Bowles could stay as a DC/Assistant HC as he reboots.

I would not consider another first time coach here-given that Bowles did find a way to go 10-6 last year, he gets another shot next year, barring an exceptional opportunity.

But people do overlook one thing-Woody hates to eat contracts.  He kept Bradway around too long too.  Don't know whether he eats 2 years of TB.

parcells was 3-13 his second year mainly because of team issues as well as qb problems.  bowles needs to grow into this job.  last season was too easy because fitz and the offense was able to sneak up on teams.  this season they're all ready and decker is out.  add that to an underwhelming defense and the jets are 3-7.  we'll see what happens.  short of a guy like gruden coming back or even nick saban there just aren't that many coaches who can win from day one out there.

On 11/15/2016 at 1:04 AM, Mogglez said:

McCarthy or a billion dollars for Gruden.  That's it. The only two I'd be ok with foregoing a third year with Bowles for.

I'd back a dump truck full of cash for Sean Payton , Gruden is too far removed from the game on an coaching basis. 

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

parcells was 3-13 his second year mainly because of team issues as well as qb problems.  bowles needs to grow into this job.  last season was too easy because fitz and the offense was able to sneak up on teams.  this season they're all ready and decker is out.  add that to an underwhelming defense and the jets are 3-7.  we'll see what happens.  short of a guy like gruden coming back or even nick saban there just aren't that many coaches who can win from day one out there.

Bowls = Parcells?    Poor analogy.  OMG.

Archived