"Butt Fumble" vs "Horses Ass"

JOJOTOWNSELL

Thanksgiving has never been kind to Jets fans and 2 events stand out in Jets thanksgiving lore above all the rest.......

Leon Hess' famous "Lets not play like a bunch of horses asses" speech in 1995 before they played Seattle 

ON THANKSGIVING Day, the Jets surrounded Leon Hess at the end of practice and listened as he delivered this now infamous address: "Let's go out with dignity and show 'em we're not horses' asses.

" It has not exactly become a rallying cry. In fact, the 81-year-old owner should be embarrassed when he thinks how those words have come back to haunt him and this rudderless franchise. Consider: The Jets have lost three of four games since Hess stepped to the plate. They are now within a season-ending loss Sunday to the Saints of finishing 3-13, the worst record in team history. Within hours of Hess' sideline chat, RG Carlton Haselrig failed an NFL drug test and checked into a rehab facility, only to go into hiding 22 days ago after being notified he has been suspended by the league for at least a year. Haselrig apparently spoke with his estranged wife, Sara, over the weekend, but she still has no idea where he is. Three players DE Marvin Washington, DT Erik Howard, LB Marvin Jones were fined a total of $31,500 for what the league determined were dangerous hits on opposing quarterbacks. PK Nick Lowery, who devotes as much time and energy to charitable causes as any player in the league, slapped a 20-year-old Patriot ballboy after getting drawn into an expletive-filled verbal exchange over cold footballs. The NFL may give Lowery a slap on the wrist this week. The Jets suffered their annual late-season embarrassment in Houston, losing last Sunday to the Oilers, 23-6, after gaining 13 yards in the first half. "At halftime, guys were saying, 'Let's score,' " LT Matt Willig said. "I was saying, 'Hey, let's get a first down.

AAAAAAANNNNNNDDDDDDD........

Buttfumble

what are some of your memories of these fine times in Jets history? is one worse than the other?  

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

21 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

"Fake spike game"...but I contend to this day it should be called "the Boomer Esiason choke INT game". He choked that game up,,,****in Boomer

ughhhhh, i totally forgot this was on Thanksgiving weekend.  I was at that game, it was the first i attended without any parental supervision.  Split a bottle of Absolut Cran with a few buddies before the game and was super stoked walking into the game....THE JETS WERE ACTUALLY PLAYING FOR FIRST PLACE!!  That stadium had no clue what even hit them until the game was actually over...what a shame

14 minutes ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

ughhhhh, i totally forgot this was on Thanksgiving weekend.  I was at that game, it was the first i attended without any parental supervision.  Split a bottle of Absolut Cran with a few buddies before the game and was super stoked walking into the game....THE JETS WERE ACTUALLY PLAYING FOR FIRST PLACE!!  That stadium had no clue what even hit them until the game was actually over...what a shame

I remember running into a friend on the way to work that Monday and we were both practically on the verge of tears, having both been crushed by The Mud Bowl and the Gastineau roughing penalty a decade earlier

Then came the crash and burn of a season. A low point for sure. Only to get worse come Kottite.

PK Nick Lowery, who devotes as much time and energy to charitable causes as any player in the league, slapped a 20-year-old Patriot ballboy after getting drawn into an expletive-filled verbal exchange over cold footballs

holy crap, the patriots have been tampering with footballs ******* forever, lol

1 hour ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

Thanksgiving has never been kind to Jets fans and 2 events stand out in Jets thanksgiving lore above all the rest.......

Leon Hess' famous "Lets not play like a bunch of horses asses" speech in 1995 before they played Seattle 

ON THANKSGIVING Day, the Jets surrounded Leon Hess at the end of practice and listened as he delivered this now infamous address: "Let's go out with dignity and show 'em we're not horses' asses.

" It has not exactly become a rallying cry. In fact, the 81-year-old owner should be embarrassed when he thinks how those words have come back to haunt him and this rudderless franchise. Consider: The Jets have lost three of four games since Hess stepped to the plate. They are now within a season-ending loss Sunday to the Saints of finishing 3-13, the worst record in team history. Within hours of Hess' sideline chat, RG Carlton Haselrig failed an NFL drug test and checked into a rehab facility, only to go into hiding 22 days ago after being notified he has been suspended by the league for at least a year. Haselrig apparently spoke with his estranged wife, Sara, over the weekend, but she still has no idea where he is. Three players DE Marvin Washington, DT Erik Howard, LB Marvin Jones were fined a total of $31,500 for what the league determined were dangerous hits on opposing quarterbacks. PK Nick Lowery, who devotes as much time and energy to charitable causes as any player in the league, slapped a 20-year-old Patriot ballboy after getting drawn into an expletive-filled verbal exchange over cold footballs. The NFL may give Lowery a slap on the wrist this week. The Jets suffered their annual late-season embarrassment in Houston, losing last Sunday to the Oilers, 23-6, after gaining 13 yards in the first half. "At halftime, guys were saying, 'Let's score,' " LT Matt Willig said. "I was saying, 'Hey, let's get a first down.

Buttfumble

what are some of your memories of these fine times in Jets history? is one worse than the other?  

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Ahhhhh, Good Times

Seems the more things change, the more..............You know the rest. :)  

8 hours ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

Buttfumble

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

No question the second half of the AFCCG in Denver in '98 was my worst.

Up 10-0 at the half - 30 minutes from the SB.

My family and I were in Disney at the time.

I turned to my 9 year old son after the Jets recovered the fumble early in the second half and said, "Mike, this is great!  We are in Disneyworld and the Jet's are going to the Super Bowl"!

Talk about the kiss of death.  Right after that they crashed and burned for the next 29 minutes.

And we would have beaten Atlanta and instead we made that horse-mouth-looking Elway a freakin' hero and a HOF'er.

And I never bet but that day I had the Jets and the 10 points and still lost.

Freakin' nightmare.

2 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

No question the second half of the AFCCG in Denver in '98 was my worst.

Up 10-0 at the half - 30 minutes from the SB.

My family and I were in Disney at the time.

I turned to my 9 year old son after the Jets recovered the fumble early in the second half and said, "Mike, this is great!  We are in Disneyworld and the Jet's are going to the Super Bowl"!

Talk about the kiss of death.  Right after that they crashed and burned for the next 29 minutes.

And we would have beaten Atlanta and instead we made that horse-mouth-looking Elway a freakin' hero and a HOF'er.

And I never bet but that day I had the Jets and the 10 points and still lost.

Freakin' nightmare.

It was awful, indeed. I always remember the van dyke fumble as the most gut-wrenching part for me.

as bad as that game was, I think Vinny going down with the Achilles on opening day the following year put a deeper pit in my stomache.

And I never forgave gastineau for the roughing the passer penalty. 

frankly it's the buttfumble game.  i've only been able to consistently watch the jets games for the past 10 years or so.  while i've been a fan for 50 years i wasn't able to catch many.  but buttfumble kind of defines the whole rex era.  that had that cancer holmes in the locker room and rex had a hard time removing him.  the buttfumble was equal, imo, to pisarcik's fumble in the giants game way back when.  both plays simply symbolize how inept these teams were/are at the time.

3 hours ago, Shadetree said:

It was awful, indeed. I always remember the van dyke fumble as the most gut-wrenching part for me.

as bad as that game was, I think Vinny going down with the Achilles on opening day the following year put a deeper pit in my stomache.

And I never forgave gastineau for the roughing the passer penalty. 

Yes, Vinnie going down on OD the next year was salt in the wound but to be that close to the SB.... damn...

The AJ Duhe game in the AFCCG when Richard Todd was QB was another horror show.

55 minutes ago, August said:

Watch the replay Moore held his ground. Sanchez tried to slide and ran into his linemans ass. 

He didn't hold his ground well enough. Open the damn hole. Obviously easier said than done, but I've seen PLENTY of worse plays.

Archived