Bowles: Fitz is Still the Starter…Still

JetNation

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

What? No chance. He was hurt the first few weeks of the season. Was given a game to play. Didn't look great, but didn't look awful and they are ready to move on? Really? Either you have no idea what you are talking about, or the Jets are so incompetent at player evaluation that they didn't know what Petty was after having him for all of last year and all of preseason. 

his chance to play was due to injury.  They didn't have another back up.

They thought he might become a solid back up.  That's not just an opinion, it's what Mac said about him.  They viewed him as a person that might progress to be a back up level QB - now they know he can't be.

QB's are, in fact, expected to progress from year one to year two - sometimes they don't. 

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

So why was he [Petty] on the roster this year?

They had Fitz/Geno/Hack. Why carry Petty if you know he sucks? What was the benefit? It makes zero sense. The only reason to carry 4 Qbs is because you thought Petty and Hack could both emerge as a player. 

This is a coaching staff afraid to take a chance. Plain and simple. Fitz gives these guys the best chance at looking competent.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS ON THE COACHING STAFF BEING LED BY CHICKEN LITTLE BOWLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Do the 0-12 Browns mean anything to you? Nobody cares that the Jets are 3-8. That's what getting rid of Rex did. It took us from a laughingstock to nobody cares.

Cleveland is at least trying to get better.  They play different QBs.  

They also have 50mil in cap space.  50mil!

Jets have 500k. 

We should all be jealous of Brown fans.

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

Then you shouldn't have been on the roster this year!!!

Why WASTE a roster spot on a guy you can't put in the game! When you just drafted a player in Hacket who also can't play in a game!!!!

Just embarrassing!!!

They obviously mismanaged the entire QB situation.  From paying $12mm to Fitz to not cutting Petty, to drafting a 2nd round project that can't even dress his rookie year.

Just now, FidelioJet said:

They obviously mismanaged the entire QB situation.  From paying $12mm to Fitz to not cutting Petty, to drafting a 2nd round project that can't even dress his rookie year.

they drafted 2 qbs they're afraid to play. i'm still trying to wrap my arms around this while they play a qb who leads the league in turnovers.  

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

his chance to play was due to injury.  They didn't have another back up.

They thought he might become a solid back up.  That's not just an opinion, it's what Mac said about him.  They viewed him as a person that might progress to be a back up level QB - now they know he can't be.

QB's are, in fact, expected to progress from year one to year two - sometimes they don't. 

They should have seen that growth or lack thereof in preseason. He had plenty of chances. With a healthy Fitz and Geno, there was ZERO reason to keep 4 QBs unless you still thought he had potential to be a starting QB. Petty's first start wasn't that bad that he deserved to be banished from the league. Bowles is basically saying that petty is not an NFL QB. not even backup caliber. His failure to see that before the season started would be criminal. 

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

They should have seen that growth or lack thereof in preseason. He had plenty of chances. With a healthy Fitz and Geno, there was ZERO reason to keep 4 QBs unless you still thought he had potential to be a starting QB. Petty's first start wasn't that bad that he deserved to be banished from the league. Bowles is basically saying that petty is not an NFL QB. not even backup caliber. His failure to see that before the season started would be criminal. 

i don't see this as a commentary on petty.  i see this as believing that as long as fitz is starting they're trying to make the playoffs and win games.  the moment they bench fitz for petty w/o injury it will be perceived as tanking the season, and bowles does not want to answer questions about this when there's 5 games left.  

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

This is where we disagree.  I believe Bowles already thinks Petty is not even an NFL caliber back-up.  He doesn't need to see more.  He was cheap and thought they could turn him into a back-up - they were wrong.

This is where we disagree.  I believe Bowles already thinks Petty is not even an NFL caliber back-up.  He doesn't need to see more.  He was cheap and thought they could turn him into a back-up - they were wrong.

Funny because I don't even think Bowles is a High School Head Coach.

at this point all this decision says is they are still not ready to admit the season was a failure.  fitz played pretty well yesterday.  i don't think it's a referendum on petty - yet.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

at this point all this decision says is they are still not ready to admit the season was a failure.  fitz played pretty well yesterday.  i don't think it's a referendum on petty - yet.

I agree. I don't mind because there are bigger problems on this team than Fitz.

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Its obvious they are scared of brandon marshall exploding.  If marshall was on ir, petty would have been in by now.

Bowles saw how marshall acted in Mia and is terrified that will happen here.  Being that he cant even have players show up to meetings, there no way he could handle that psychopath.

marshall/mangold/decker are all in bed with fitz.  the 3 of them need to go along with fitz when they change qbs next year.

I feel responsible for this.

You other Geno supporters and Fitz doubters too.  

We should all be ashamed of ourselves.  

We didn't do enough.  Years of posting on a forum doesn't accomplish anything.  We gotta start a gang.  

A gang with jackets!  The jackets are key.  Like the T Birds, Pink Ladies and Guardian Angels.  Once we have jackets, we'll have power.

15 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Then you shouldn't have been on the roster this year!!!

Why WASTE a roster spot on a guy you can't put in the game! When you just drafted a player in Hacket who also can't play in a game!!!!

Just embarrassing!!!

Macc has been mismanaging the roster this year in an amazing way. 4 QBs. 4 TEs. Just ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

they're 3-8.  What will it take for them to see that?

While it's certainly possible you're right but, to me, it's more far fetched than the fact they simply don't like Petty and have no intention of having him on the roster next year.

If they have no intention of having him on the roster next year then it simply makes sense to play the better player.

they're 3-8.  What will it take for them to see that?

While it's certainly possible you're right but, to me, it's more far fetched than the fact they simply don't like Petty and have no intention of having him on the roster next year.

If they have no intention of having him on the roster next year then it simply makes sense to play the better player.

i think petty will be with the team next year, at least in Tc.  he's cheap.  i just think woody/mccags/bowles are shocked at how the season unfolded and are unwilling to admit they're out of it so they're sticking to the original plan until (in their minds, not ours) they're out of it for sure.  they're in denial.

6 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

This is a bigger indictment on Petty/Hack than anybody. Bowles wants to win and seems to know that Petty/Hack won't cut it. Time to look towards Glennon/Romo/Cutler in '17.

Bowles is not getting fired no matter what anybody thinks about his decision.

All comes down to money.  If enough people stop paying and watching, he'll be fired.  

3 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

We didn't do enough.  Years of posting on a forum doesn't accomplish anything.  We gotta start a gang.  

A gang with jackets!  The jackets are key.  Like the T Birds, Pink Ladies and Guardian Angels.  Once we have jackets, we'll have power.

Image result for i'm starting to think policy at all

14 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

THIS IS INSANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so upset in a football sense that I can't ever remember being this down on the Jets...........

The Jets had a chance to dump Petty if they didn't think that he wasn't any good!!

You don't run a HS Junior Varsity team this way least of all an NFL Franchise!!!!!!!!!!!!

Utterly embarrassing!!

Just now, Augustiniak said:

i think petty will be with the team next year, at least in Tc.  he's cheap.  i just think woody/mccags/bowles are shocked at how the season unfolded and are unwilling to admit they're out of it so they're sticking to the original plan until (in their minds, not ours) they're out of it for sure.  they're in denial.

Only thing sadder and more incoherent than this team's performance this season--and that of Woody, Bowles, and Mcc--was Idzik's mid-year progress report a few year's back. 

5 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Once you're a Jet....

tenor.gif

Not a surprise, really.  

Fitz played a perfect game (for him) vs. the Pats, outplaying Brady.  Frustrated Jets fans aside, the game-ending sack was 100% not on Fitz, complete whiff's by blind-side O-linemen get QB's hit and cause turnovers.  Just like skinny twig WR's turnover was (yet again) a failure of our young WR talent to hold on to the ball, costing us yet another game this year.

Bowles isn't going to play Petty till he has to, that seems clear now.  Petty may never play, seems no one in the Coaching/Front Office thinks he's the man.  Hack is laughably unready.

So a fat Poo Sandwich may be all we get the rest of this year.  Fitz till the last week or two, then a seriously restrained Petty the last week or so, then both Petty and Fitz are cut lose.

Or worse, Woody keeps Bowles, and Macc keeps Fitz for 2017.

Dear lord.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Not a surprise, really.  

Fitz played a perfect game (for him) vs. the Pats, outplaying Brady.  Frustrated Jets fans aside, the game-ending sack was 100% not on Fitz, complete whiff's by blind-side O-linemen get QB's hit and cause turnovers.  Just like skinny twig WR's turnover was (yet again) a failure of our young WR talent to hold on to the ball, costing us yet another game this year.

Bowles isn't going to play Petty till he has to.  Petty may never play, seems no one in the Coaching/Front Office thinks he's the man.  Hack is laughably unready.

So a fat Poo Sandwich may be all we get the rest of this year.  Fitz till the last week or two, then a seriously restrained Petty the last week or so, then both Petty and Fitz are cut lose.

Or worse, Woody keeps Bowles, and Macc keeps Fitz for 2017.

Dear lord.

Except saying Fitz outplayed Brady - this is 100% correct.

18 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

jets1.jpg

"When you're a JET, You're a Jet all the way......" 

3 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

This is incomprehensible. Is Bowles really that stupid? He should be shown the door with Fitz on the morning of January 2nd. Don't even let him get his stuff from his office, just ship it to him in a cardboard box. 

So good you said it Twice :-) I love it..

Archived