Bowles on Michael Kay

AFJF

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

It's not their team. They aren't in the meeting rooms, watching practice. 

I still recall Jim Miller saying when Hack was picked during the draft that he was told by Gailey (Who was Jim's OC in Pitts) that Petty wasn't progressing at the rate they had hoped.

Sure thing...Fitz for the rest of the way...makes perfect sense.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, C Mart said:

It's not their team. They aren't in the meeting rooms, watching practice. 

I still recall Jim Miller saying when Hack was picked during the draft that he was told by Gailey (Who was Jim's OC in Pitts) that Petty wasn't progressing at the rate they had hoped.

Fine.

At this point start Hackenberg and see what we have.

If Petty is a bust they should trade him and we should move on.

I wonder how George Steinbrenner would handle this mess?

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Sure thing...Fitz for the rest of the way...makes perfect sense.

Who said anything about the rest of the way? My God. Everything in here has to be an absolute. It's nauseating. 

And nevermind addressing what Miller was told by Gailey. 

2 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

Fine.

At this point start Hackenberg and see what we have.

If Petty is a bust they should trade him and we should move on.

I wonder how George Steinbrenner would handle this mess?

You are kidding right?  The trade deadline has passed Hal. 

So let's rush another QB instead of staying to the plan this CS/GM have for Hack

Does anyone think in here. Good gawd. 

1 hour ago, RSJ said:

Are you saying this move is stubborn? What would lead you to that belief? You were impressed with Petty against the Rams? And don't fool yourself, all these guys read the papers. Some react and some don't. Making it to where they are is part politics, just like any other job.

Bullishlt.... to get to this level is unbelievable. 32 jobs. That's it.  These guys have paid their dues and  are in an elite class. Some politics... yes I suppose but the weak are weeded out well before they are considered for an NFL top job.

You want to defend Bowles, OK, I see his and your point.  Winning 5 games is better than throwing an unprepared Petty to the wolves,  however..I think he is a shilty coach based on his decisions, clock management, the way players don't play for him etc. 

10 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Who said anything about the rest of the way? My God. Everything in here has to be an absolute. It's nauseating. 

There are five games left in this lost season.  It's not as if there's a ton of time to play these guys as it is...let alone if neither of them starts this Sunday.

So no, it's not absolute, but there are very few opportunities remaining and they're wasting them on Fitz.

Regarding Gailey's comments.  When were they made, and what does that  have to do with starting Petty.  He started one game against an elite D-line and he looked meh.  Why not play him the rest of the way?

What does this team gain this year and next year by starting Fitz vs. what they gain this year and next year by starting Petty and/or Hack?

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

There are five games left in this lost season.  It's not as if there's a ton of time to play these guys as it is...let alone if neither of them starts this Sunday.

So no, it's not absolute, but there are very few opportunities remaining and they're wasting them on Fitz.

Regarding Gailey's comments.  When were they made, and what does that  have to do with starting Petty.  He started one game against an elite D-line and he looked meh.  Why not play him the rest of the way?

What does this team gain this year and next year by starting Fitz vs. what they gain this year and next year by starting Petty and/or Hack?

Sorry. This constant armchair coaching / GMing has become nauseating. I'm done. Best of luck and happy holidays. 

15 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Bullishlt.... to get to this level is unbelievable. 32 jobs. That's it.  These guys have paid their dues and  are in an elite class. Some politics... yes I suppose but the weak are weeded out well before they are considered for an NFL top job.

You want to defend Bowles, OK, I see his and your point.  Winning 5 games is better than throwing an unprepared Petty to the wolves,  however..I think he is a shilty coach based on his decisions, clock management, the way players don't play for him etc. 

I think they played for him to a 10-6 season. When your QB has a sh*tty year then it makes everything else look bad.

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

He has said it.  He said Petty isn't ready.  If Petty isn't ready to play in a  situation like this he's never going to be.  

I hear you...

Then they should have cut Petty and gotten a player who could have contributed to the team this year when we have so many holes.  They can't have it both ways.

Either you thought that Petty was good enough to keep or you wasted a roster spot one or the other; especially if they end up cutting him next year!

1 hour ago, rammagen said:

the only thing I can see is they are protecting him from our crap oline

You may actually be right. 

If Petty or Hack get hurt behind this line, it could keep them out into next season. Better to let Fitz, who won't be here next year, get his ass kicked for remainder of the year. He's essentially fodder to them. 

4 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

You may actually be right. 

If Petty or Hack get hurt behind this line, it could keep them out into next season. Better to let Fitz, who won't be here next year, get his ass kicked for remainder of the year. He's essentially fodder to them. 

I think that this maybe the only rationale that would be defensible...

4 hours ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Definitely the right decision by Bowles since Fitzpatrick is the only QB on the roster with any chance of winning a single game. He came close to upsetting Brady and the Pats in a game Petty loses by 3 to 4 TDs

But you don't know that.  No one does because no has seen what Bryce Petty is capable of.

2 hours ago, C Mart said:

You are kidding right?  The trade deadline has passed Hal. 

So let's rush another QB instead of staying to the plan this CS/GM have for Hack

Does anyone think in here. Good gawd. 

It makes it hard sometimes to have a serious conversation . It's like a grown person having a conversation with a high school kid .

3 hours ago, C Mart said:

People need to stop with the Gailey comment and the Macc comment about Petty developing slowly and being a backup. That was BEFORE training camp and I remember them being shocked at his development and how the light seemed to go on for him one day,

14 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

People need to stop with the Gailey comment and the Macc comment about Petty developing slowly and being a backup. That was BEFORE training camp and I remember them being shocked at his development and how the light seemed to go on for him one day,

First of all, it's football, not rocket science. Secondly, the guy has been on a roster for two years now.

35 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Petty probably sucks.  Seriously who cares if he even plays 

3 hours ago, varjet said:

They must have a Cutler or Romo plan for next year.  Cutler and his wife would be here Inc a minute.  What a mess.

Cutler is their target but I'm sure his wife wants to get back to LA ad Cutler would rather play in a market where they don't care about sports.

This is all on Woody.  Woody is either being silent and not telling Bowles what he wants, or telling Bowles to keep playing Fitz to make games more competitive and create better fan entertainment.

Hopefully that picture of him on his blackberry was him asking Neil Glat why most of the fans at the stadium were wearing blue and red and cheering for the Patriots?

Woody should be thinking about what makes the team best in 2017.  If he wants to see and develop the QBs, he needs to tell Bowles that it is ok to play the kids.  He needs to guarantee Bowles his job, which he may not want to do.  The team has been better over the last month.   Woody is going to need to splurge for a better DC and maybe even another OC.

1 hour ago, varjet said:

This is all on Woody.  Woody is either being silent and not telling Bowles what he wants, or telling Bowles to keep playing Fitz to make games more competitive and create better fan entertainment.

Hopefully that picture of him on his blackberry was him asking Neil Glat why most of the fans at the stadium were wearing blue and red and cheering for the Patriots?

Woody should be thinking about what makes the team best in 2017.  If he wants to see and develop the QBs, he needs to tell Bowles that it is ok to play the kids.  He needs to guarantee Bowles his job, which he may not want to do.  The team has been better over the last month.   Woody is going to need to splurge for a better DC and maybe even another OC.

I have to agree. How do we know that Bowles doesn't want to start Petty?  Woody paid Fitz 12 million for this season and Casserly has already stated publicly on NFLN he thinks Fitz should start which I am sure had some influence on Woody . Bowles said that him and Mac agree that Fitz should be the starter, since they both report to Woody its a possibility. I am not saying I agree with the decision, but who knows what the truth really is. Its easy to blame Bowles since he is the HC, but maybe Mac and Woody want Fitz to start. I am sure we will find out soon enough or we may never know. We will see if anyone gets fired or quits at the end of the season and then we will know more. I am all for seeing what the young guys can do given the time to play but I am just a guy sitting behind a computer.

16 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Wow, the Fitz contract extension is going to be fun around here...

Las Vegas Jets, this must be Woody's plan

In all honesty, I really wish Woody would move the team. This way I could finally stop following them, and root for another team.

40 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

In all honesty, I really wish Woody would move the team. This way I could finally stop following them, and root for another team.

I've said this many Sunday nights to my wife... If you were to root for another team, in a circumstance like this, who would it be?

17 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I've said this many Sunday nights to my wife... If you were to root for another team, in a circumstance like this, who would it be?

Can't root for another NFL team.  Just lower the intensity so you're not as chapped every Sunday night.

Get on board with an NHL and or NBA team and root for them as well.  Spread out the fandom.  It may dilute the pain.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

One of my earliest memories watching a football game was the '85 Bears Super Bowl victory. Since then I've always been fond of them. Maybe I'd become a Bears fan.

However they suck these days too, so I don't know if I'd just be trading one sh!tty team for another.

One thing I could never do is become a Giants fan. I don't mind the team, but I can't stand their fans.  

If not the Bears, then maybe the Steelers. It would be fun to follow a team that actually knows what they're doing for once.

17 hours ago, AFJF said:

Great job by Kay and LeGreca doing everything they could to make sense of the decisoin.  Bowles wouldn't budge.  Basically said he has a "time frame" in his head for Petty and/or Hack to play, but that time is not now.

Said the decision is 100% his and Maccagnan is in agreement.

Wouldn't rule out a Fitz return next season (no effing way)

Said he's not pressured by fans/media

Said starting Petty might put too much pressure on him

That's it off the top of my head

Great job by Kay and LeGreca...they sounded as frustrated as we, the fans are.  Kay did the whole "take the glasses off and stretch my confused face out with my hands" while LaGreca re-capped Bowles' answers.

Why are you in such denial?  I told you week 1 at the tailgate, this is my biggest fear and it's quickly becoming reality.

This Head Coach is tying his career to Ryan Fitzpatrick.  

And if he cant handle starting, then WTF is Petty doing on this team?  Unreal.  He played fine in his first ever action vs. a damn good D.  Walked away with all his limbs.  It was amazing!!!

Archived