Report: Bowles and Maccagnan Safe, Jets Will Make Leadership Priority

JetNation

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Literally not a word of this is true. 

Agreed. On the field Fitz is one thing and they will move on. But off the field the guy is a champ. He doesn't hurt the team when they aren't playing games.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Mike McCoy is pathetically awful and Tom Cable punched someone on his staff the last time he was a Head Coach to add to his long history of violence.  Multiple claims of abuse to wives/girlfriends and a (hopefully) former alcoholic.

GREAT CHOICES.

I take your point in the particulars (McCoy and Cable would both be bad choices, in my opinion), but in all fairness, almost any retread coach is going to have some serious warts on his resume, or he wouldn't be available in the first place.

49 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Mike McCoy is the Chargers coach correct? Tom Cable being a good coach for the offensive line doesn't make him a good head coach candidate. Also, didn't he break a fellow coaches jaw?

So we get to watch Blowes get totally outcoached 60% of the time minimum again next year.?  I would not mind him staying if he showed one or two positive coaching qualities.  But he doesn't.

19 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

None of those guys are first time coordinators, and 2 are retreads that were horrendous their first go arounds.

L

M

F

A

O

They're available coaches. Bowels sucks. What's the point of continuously holding on to sh*tty HCs? How many of our old HCs have gone on to coach another team to a SB?

Just now, jack48 said:

So we get to watch Blowes get totally outcoached 60% of the time minimum again next year.?  I would not mind him staying if he showed one or two positive coaching qualities.  But he doesn't.

2017 is going to be as bad or worse no matter who the coach is. What coach is coming to a QB lacking team with old bloated contracts? Bowles is getting at least next year if not a 4th. 

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

It's the NFL coaches will line up for the job. Keeping sh*tty coaches doesn't help win. 

there is no time limit that you have to keep a coach--especially when yo see alarms going off like indifference, repeated mistakes, shoddy tackling, terible in game adjustments (or none at all).  Multiple failures like that are a dog whistle.  Sccrew the three year minimum.  If we hire someone with head coaching experience he will by definition be a retread.  So be it.

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

2017 is going to be as bad or worse no matter who the coach is. What coach is coming to a QB lacking team with old bloated contracts? Bowles is getting at least next year if not a 4th. 

maybe.  but I would prefer not watching a stupid coach coach my team every week.  someone else I would be more patient with if I knew the talent sucked.

29 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Mike McCoy is pathetically awful and Tom Cable punched someone on his staff the last time he was a Head Coach to add to his long history of violence.  Multiple claims of abuse to wives/girlfriends and a (hopefully) former alcoholic.

GREAT CHOICES.

I think both are great choices.  

Cable's off field problems were a long time ago and he's cleaned up his act completely with Seattle.   He's always been a good OL coach and has spent the last 6 years with Sea and the Pete Carrol system.   If you look at what he's done with a revolving door and late rd picks it's been amazing.   

SD is ****ed right now with the turmoil surrounding a potential move out of town.   The GM has done nothing to help the team and McCoy is likely on his way out.   Look at what he did the first couple of years and as an OC and he's another guy worth taking a chance on.   

14 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

They're available coaches. Bowels sucks. What's the point of continuously holding on to sh*tty HCs? How many of our old HCs have gone on to coach another team to a SB?

They're available and awful and completely contradict what you wanted so basically you just want change for the sake of change.  I didn't argue about Bowles but hiring someone like McDermott is the exact same thing we did with Todd and the other two are failed abortions.  I don't want to fire someone to hire someone else that will be just as bad if not worse. I don't give a flying you-know-what if they're "available".  I could give you a long list of people that are "available" but suck horse d!ck at coaching.

Also, if we're being technical, 2 of our ex HC's have gone on to win Super Bowls with other teams.  1 if we're only counting Pete.  You're not doing a good job of making your case so far.

31 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Agreed. On the field Fitz is one thing and they will move on. But off the field the guy is a champ. He doesn't hurt the team when they aren't playing games.

Gotta disagree.  His holdout was Revisesque.  His they lost faith in me presser was equally bush league.  

Setting up Chan to be the fall guy when Bowles made Fitz the starter before he was even on the team, Fitz blows yet Bowles plays him anyway and it's Chans fault? Don't get me wrong Chan has been horrendous this year but Bowles has lost leadership of this team and has proven he can't make the big time decisions coaches need to ensure the development of the youth of the franchise.  

2 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Bowles and Mac safe? Tough to call at this point. If Petty show's well and the team shows some life in these final games I may be open to thinking about retaining them. Judging by last Mondays debacle this team has quit. Q-U-I-T. That's on Bowles. You want to play your heart for a Coach if you  believe in him. Bowles has lost this team and usually there is no going back from that point. So unless there is major Personnel turnover its going to be hard to get these guys to play for Bowles. Tough to call but I see Bowles gone at least and Mac on a short leash.

Or you get rid of the players who quit and didnt play hard.  Theres no excuse for that given what theyre paid.  

Neither are going because neither deserves to be fired.

The players who didnt play up to their abilities do

10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

They're available and awful and completely contradict what you wanted so basically you just want change for the sake of change.  I didn't argue about Bowles but hiring someone like McDermott is the exact same thing we did with Todd and the other two are failed abortions.  I don't want to fire someone to hire someone else that will be just as bad if not worse. I don't give a flying you-know-what if they're "available".  I could give you a long list of people that are "available" but suck horse d!ck at coaching.

Also, if we're being technical, 2 of our ex HC's have gone on to win Super Bowls with other teams.  1 if we're only counting Pete.  You're not doing a good job of making your case so far.

Two of our ex HCs have won the SB as HCs of another team?  I wouldn't even consider Pete a Jets HC coach and Bill Parcells didn't win a SB after the Jets  

Retread or first time head coach I don't care. Bowels sucks. 

2 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Gotta disagree.  His holdout was Revisesque.  His they lost faith in me presser was equally bush league.  

He didn't hold out. He was a free agent. Free agents cannot hold out. The number of people on this board that don't grasp that fact is astonishing.

Also, he took a one year contract when the team offered him 3 years and more guaranteed money. So, Fitz ended up doing the team a favor. 

His presser compared to the litany of other things other "leaders" on this team have pulled in actual game or outside them is laughable as a shot against him. 

3 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Bowles and Mac safe? Tough to call at this point. If Petty show's well and the team shows some life in these final games I may be open to thinking about retaining them. Judging by last Mondays debacle this team has quit. Q-U-I-T. That's on Bowles. You want to play your heart for a Coach if you  believe in him. Bowles has lost this team and usually there is no going back from that point. So unless there is major Personnel turnover its going to be hard to get these guys to play for Bowles. Tough to call but I see Bowles gone at least and Mac on a short leash.

No, its actually on the players.  Players play, coaches coach.  If you can't show up for a nationally televised game, put your big-boy pants on and give it your all, then you deserve the door.  HENCE what this article is talking about.  Its time to trim the fat.

18 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

His presser compared to the litany of other things other "leaders" on this team have pulled in actual game or outside them is laughable as a shot against him. 

WHY?  It was pure bush league.  The QB is the leader of the team period....When you show up and suck your thumb and pout and cry because you've been benched, while throwing the management and coaches under the bus because of it, you deserve to be shown the door.

30 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

In fairness to him he kind of knew this would be his last contract. Seeing how much he sucks I can't blame him for grabbing every penny. Macc should have been the adult in the room and told Bowles this toy is one you can't have!

28 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Or you get rid of the players who quit and didnt play hard.  Theres no excuse for that given what theyre paid.  

Neither are going because neither deserves to be fired.

The players who didnt play up to their abilities do

what happens when you can't fire all of the players?   

you fire the coach.  

Trade Sheldon & if you can't get a high 2017 pick take a 2nd in the 2018 draft. Hopefully someone has a target in the 2017 draft & we can trade back a few picks & pick up another 2017 pick & a 2018 pick.

Go after Jamie Collins hard. Jenkins- Lee- Collins is a nice start to speeding up that front 7. Maybe add Peppers to that group.

Everything should be about getting one of the young QBs ready for the 2018-2019-2020 seasons when we start dominating the AFC East. Brady will be 42 in 2018. The Bills will be rebuilding, Miami will be in cap hell, it's a Tannbaum given.

18 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

what happens when you can't fire all of the players?   

you fire the coach.  

For one thats an expression, lol.  There arent that many players that you cant, or better yet arent getting rid of anyway.  If youre getting rid of SR, DR, Mangold, etc you are with or without a HC change.

32 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

WHY?  It was pure bush league.  The QB is the leader of the team period....When you show up and suck your thumb and pout and cry because you've been benched, while throwing the management and coaches under the bus because of it, you deserve to be shown the door.

If that's what you got out of the press conference, then you're focusing on the wrong stuff. But some people just want to bury one guy for a failure from ownership on down. So be it. 

27 minutes ago, Maxman said:

In fairness to him he kind of knew this would be his last contract. Seeing how much he sucks I can't blame him for grabbing every penny. Macc should have been the adult in the room and told Bowles this toy is one you can't have!

It won't be his last contract unless he chooses it to be. 

Archived