Albert Breer: Harbaugh to Rams "very real possibility"

AFJF

24 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Alright it's settled. @Maxman we've come up with a fair package, let's get Woody on the phone so we can explain the plan.

Maxman - I also included a sweetener that Harbaugh gets unlimited access to the "Max Mobile" on game day.  Hopefully that's cool by you.  

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I'm of the opinion that Harbaugh is loving where he is professionally (living within 50 miles of G.O.B. notwithstanding), and is already paid like an elite NFL HC.

If that's not the case, and if he goes to freaking Los Angeles without us outbidding them I don't know what to think. Either he just wanted to move back to California, in which case it wasn't a matter of money/power, or it is a matter of money/power and we didn't pony up enough of either one. 

For a team in disarray, like the Rams and Jets, clout right now should be like Belichick, where he gets hired as HC and he then selects the GM. Given the job done by our pair of boobs, I'd sign up for that in a heartbeat.

Question is (regarding this leaked rumor) if he's just on the Rams' radar or if the interest is at all mutual.

Agreed. If he is amenable to leaving Ann Arbor, Woody Johnson cannot be outbid. If this can happen, could not care less how Maccagnan fits or if he fits at all, and Woody should help Bowles pack.   

Simply if Harbaugh is coming back to the NFL and he is not working for the Jets, this will be a major organizational failure. Give him the control he wants and write him some big checks and be done with it. 

3 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Harbaugh was visiting a recruit at Newtown HS in Newtown CT literally last week. Newtown is right near me and one of our schools rivals. You would think someone looking at an NFL job wouldnt be recruiting that heavily. 

He was recruiting a kid at Poly Prep last spring, as was Urban Meyer. Kid wound up going to Pitt. But Harbaugh by most accounts Harbaugh doesn't half ass anything. Which is why if he can be had...

2 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Harbaugh wouldn't go to that scrub city

1) West Coast life >>>>> crappy Midwest or East Coast

2) Rams have a good team they just need a qb

3) people in LA don't really care about sports so if he fails it's not a big deal

I thought Harbaugh would rejoin Luck in Indy but I guess his family wants back into California 

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

He was recruiting a kid at Poly Prep last spring, as was Urban Meyer. Kid wound up going to Pitt. But Harbaugh by most accounts Harbaugh doesn't half ass anything. Which is why if he can be had...

Yeah I agree. You don't get to have success on those levels unless you work really, really hard.

I believe this kid committed to Michigan. I think his dad played in the NFL. He was recruited by Urban Meyer too I believe. So many times though I see these kids get to DI programs and discover they have had a million concussions. 

25 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Agreed. If he is amenable to leaving Ann Arbor, Woody Johnson cannot be outbid. If this can happen, could not care less how Maccagnan fits or if he fits at all, and Woody should help Bowles pack.   

Simply if Harbaugh is coming back to the NFL and he is not working for the Jets, this will be a major organizational failure. Give him the control he wants and write him some big checks and be done with it. 

Couldn't agree more.  If Harbaugh is open to coming back to the NFL, Woody needs to bid whatever it takes to get him here.   And it's absolutely irrelevant what happens to Macc/Bowles.  Harbaugh calls all the shots.  We all know a great coach can do wonders even with a mediocre team.  Even if we pay Harbaugh $20M per year he'd be worth it.  I'd rather have Harbaugh than Mo Wilk or Revis. 

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Couldn't agree more.  If Harbaugh is open to coming back to the NFL, Woody needs to bid whatever it takes to get him here.   And it's it's absolutely irrelevant what happens to Macc/Bowles.  Harbaugh calls all the shots.  We all know a great coach can do wonders even with a mediocre team.  Even if we pay Harbaugh $20M per year he'll be worth it to Woody when he turns us around in 2 seasons.   

Woody is too stupid and weak to try that.

That said I'm sure Harbaugh and his wife want back into the West Coast.  If you can afford to live there it's way better quality of life than Michigan or NY

1 hour ago, drdetroit said:

1) West Coast life >>>>> crappy Midwest or East Coast

2) Rams have a good team they just need a qb

3) people in LA don't really care about sports so if he fails it's not a big deal

I thought Harbaugh would rejoin Luck in Indy but I guess his family wants back into California 

He's probably waiting for the Jets job to open up we rule

If Michigan was in the college playoff with the potential of winning a national championship I could

buy this rumor.  But they aren't and I just don't see Harbaugh leaving his alma mater after only two

years

I'd go the other way with pitching the Jets job to Harbaugh. Forget the ass kissing, I'd be telling him I doubt he could handle it.

"Jim, we want to hire you and I have $15M per year with a $5M bonus for a Superbowl appearance and full control of the roster put aside, it yours..........but honestly, being HC of the NYJ is the toughest gig in football with the sh*ttiest fans in the toughest city. Takes a special guy Jim and not sure you soft West Coast guys with your 'solarium tan' could really take it.....Anyway, number is on the back of the card if you're up to the challenge....."

When you're in with no shot, got to think outside the box. I'd dare the guy :)

4 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I'm of the opinion that Harbaugh is loving where he is professionally (living within 50 miles of G.O.B. notwithstanding), and is already paid like an elite NFL HC.

If that's not the case, and if he goes to freaking Los Angeles without us outbidding them I don't know what to think. Either he just wanted to move back to California, in which case it wasn't a matter of money/power, or it is a matter of money/power and we didn't pony up enough of either one. 

For a team in disarray, like the Rams and Jets, clout right now should be like Belichick, where he gets hired as HC and he then selects the GM. Given the job done by our pair of boobs, I'd sign up for that in a heartbeat.

Question is (regarding this leaked rumor) if he's just on the Rams' radar or if the interest is at all mutual.

If he does in fact come in to play, and we stick with Bowles, that would just make me hate Bowles even more. Not sure if that's possible.

10 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Good question, unless he believes in Goff, the talent on defense, Gurley and thinks he can make it work. If you don't like Goff, that job is a trainwreck. No way he would leave Michigan and guaranteed success for a decade to start over with the Rams. 

The NFL is too fickle, he's already a god at Michigan. 

10 hours ago, AFJF said:

Maybe the wife is miserable and loves the beach?

She can go to the beach from January to September a few months out of the year won't kill her. 

Archived