Former Jet Konrad Reuland dead at age 29

Patriot Killa

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sportingnews.com/amp/nfl/news/konrad-reuland-cause-of-death-age-teams-nfl-sports-deaths-2016/116oy5qeji5a01vgzbux0x3m0j?client=safari

Konrad Reuland, who spent time with four NFL teams over a five-year period, died Monday at the age of 29.

The 6-5, 254-pound tight end from Stanford was diagnosed with a brain aneurysm last month. He underwent brain surgery Nov. 29.

Reuland signed with the San Francisco 49ers in 2011 as an undrafted free agent. He joined the New York Jets the following year and played in all 16 games with three starts. He remained with the Jets into the 2013 season before suffering a season-ending knee injury.

Reuland signed with the Indianapolis Colts in October of 2014, but was released shortly thereafter. The Baltimore Ravens then signed him to their practice squad in November and he spent the next year bouncing between the active roster and the practice squad before the Ravens cut him loose him May of this year.

He spent training camp this year with the Colts, but was released on Aug. 29 as part of the team's initial cuts. Reuland was released a total of eight times during his career.

Reuland, who grew up in Southern California, caught 12 career passes for 90 yards.

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Ex-Jets dying in droves.

2016 has been a cruel year.

I always used to say 1992 was the worst.  we had great expectations coming off 1991 playoff app and the 1992 5-0 preseason, we were awful on the field and lost Dennis Byrd to paralysis and Al Toon to concussions but this year has been far worse.  On the field we all know how bad we have been but the Jets have lost so many former players/coaches it's crazy.  what a brutal year.

Mark Sanchez’s Monday began with him serving as a pallbearer at his college teammate’s funeral and ended with him learning of his high school teammate’s death.

Sanchez, now the Cowboys’ third-string quarterback, was in New Orleans Monday for the funeral service for Joe McKnight, his teammate at Southern Cal and later with the Jets. Then, on Monday evening, he learned that Konrad Rueland — whom he played with for one year in high school and also later with the Jets — had died of a brain aneurysm.

On Tuesday night, Sanchez shared a photo of himself and Reuland on Instagram along with a heart-wrenching message about his friend.

“I don’t know where to begin…,” Sanchez wrote while sharing a photo of the two in their football uniforms. “Losing you is like losing a brother. Our friendship started when we were kids playing travel basketball for the Piranhas with our dads coaching us. We worked together and realized our dream of being professional athletes.

Follow the Daily News Sports on Facebook. "Like" us here.

“And there we were, suiting up as teammates for the NY Jets in the NFL!!! It really was something unique and special to share together. You will always be in my heart. Rest easy my friend, until I see you again.”

Archived