#### New York Jets vs Miami Dolphins --- The Official Game Thread ####

Maxman

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

40 yard bomb TD, over the middle passes with barely any time. Intelligent check down to Powell, he had to think quick..he waited until he was for sure open and pitched. That's intangibles. The 2 minute drill he was hitting guys left and right..all that with an o line that can't protect sh*t. Stop playing me like Petty didn't do sh*t good.

We lost 34 -13 Petty did not produce tonight. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Well you guys are the ones making excuses.

All I'm saying is we need another qb for next year.  I like Petty I think the kid played hard and is fun  to watch but we need a veteran qb

And I don't ot disagree. We DO need a vet. Would be foolish to go into next year without insurance but with that said Petty has read defenses pretty well.. not all the time but I don't expect him to. He went  througj his progression smooth. He is 50/50 with that but you are acting like he's more 30-70. The Petty breakdowns each week show you he knows what he's doing. He needs another offseason to polish and he's good to go...that's how I feel in my gut.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

We lost 34 -13 Petty did not produce tonight. 

Hey buddy, it's like you forgot the defense gave up a 66 yard TD and like 3 other big bombs and then the Special teams gave up another. You expect the kid to come back from a 34-10 game in his 3rd start when he can't even get the ball off????? He really didn't even hold on to the ball that long this game he was too busy on his back

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Hey buddy, it's like you forgot the defense gave up a 66 yard TD and like 3 other big bombs and then the Special teams gave up another. You expect the kid to come back from a 34-10 game in his 3rd start when he can't even get the ball off????? He really didn't even hold on to the ball that long this game he was too busy on his back

Turnovers and failure to score resulted in the Dolphins scoring 34 points.

21 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Tbh if we had a real qb on the roster instead of Fitzgarbage, Gayno and the two young scrubs we're probably 8-7 instead of 4-10.

Our OL isn't good but it's not terrible.  I've seen way worse Jet Offensive Lines.  1996, 2005

Ijalana, Johnson, Qvale, Dozier, and Shell were supposed to be the backups.  And did they have single start between them before opening day?

This OL is trash.  Yes we had a worse OLs in maybe 2005 and 1995 but this line is just overmatched.  

Out of the 60 or so players that are on IR or active roster, there are probably 10 players that will be on this roster opening day 2018.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Turnovers and failure to score resulted in the Dolphins scoring 34 points.

No, once a turn over occurs it's then the defense job to get the ball back. I'm not saying petty is innocent for the turnovers but the D layed on their backs and took it like a b*tch. Defense is to blame just as much or you could even make a case for more.

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The QB stirs the drink without a legit QB we have nothing.

I'd have a hard time believing very many QBs could have success. Whined this OL.  Doesn't matter what they do at QB this offseason if they don't overhaul both tackles and center.

17 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I repeat.......3rd start. I repeat....uninterested Brandon Marshall....he has Powell and Anderso playing hard..explain how he can be successful like that!?!?!

Why do you take the time to argue with the village idiot?  Any QB other than Geno is not going to be good enough for him!

Just now, joewilly12 said:

What do you expect?  Should we all gather and say how good we played and how we are a good football team.

No, but the ******* constant use of whiny comments and exaggeration gets old. He didn't play as bad As you make it seem. It's like jet fans have a complex that they can't get over everything has to be a disaster in their eyes when that's really not the case he needs polishingand he'll get that and he will progress as long as he has people around him that aren't back up high school players

What a freaking disappointment tonight. The team once again wet the bed and at home to boot. Just WTF happened during halftime to make this team simply fold like a cheap suit? As I said after the Colt debacle, Bowles needs to show that he can still coach this team up and play for pride at the very least...tonight he failed miserably and his players  (hello you so-called leaders ) as well.

29 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Petty has a big arm and it is refreshing to see that after watching Fitzgarbage for 10 weeks but he cannot make pre-snap reads.  I know he's young but look at Jameis Winston in Tampa or Wentz and Prescott.

Winston, Wentz, and Prescott were all named starters before the season. They were coached up, the offense was designed around them.

Petty is where he is because Fitz and Geno were in his way. Your answer now is to bring in another vet hack like Glennon, repeat the same mistakes and expect different results. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

For all those that are delusional and in an altered state of mind that anything is good on this football team. 

Enuwa did well this season, Anderson blew up, Petty has a chance, Powell further proved he is a stud...yeah we are 4-10. Yeah we suck but there has been some good and that's problem I stress about you, it's not that ******* bad lol. Stop crying. 

• Bostick sucked.. horrible blocking..
  • Miles (I believe) decides not to block on special teams and that cost 7 points and nearly injured the punter..
  • Petty nearly got killed I think because of Wesley Jonson forgetting the snap count..and still might have been injured which might activate Hack..
  • Coach decides to kick a field goal and then waves a white flag and decides not to on side kick late in the 4th..
  • Brandon Marshall (love the guy) but he was not into getting hurt again/just not motivated tonight..
  • Petty throws right to a Linebacker..
  • Run defense is awesome..pass defense still sucks..

Tough one to watch.. things clicked that first quarter but went downhill fast.  I think a new special teams coach and some investment into special teams might be in order.  Wasn't totally surprised by the outcome.. we're in preseason mode.  Kicking the tires of players right now trying to see what we got.  Next week could be really rough.

On to next week :( 

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Enuwa did well this season, Anderson blew up, Petty has a chance, Powell further proved he is a stud...yeah we are 4-10. Yeah we suck but there has been some good and that's problem I stress about you, it's not that ******* bad lol. Stop crying. 

Kumbaya 4-10 

1 hour ago, elgoman said:

Petty missed on all his deep shots and then checked down all day today.  Hes not good enough.  

Petty haters need to either STFU or just go cheer for another team. 

3rd start, back-ups on the Oline, about 10 dropped passes.  Let me guess, you could do better though, right?

1 minute ago, CanadaSteve said:

Petty haters need to either STFU or just go cheer for another team. 

3rd start, back-ups on the Oline, about 10 dropped passes.  Let me guess, you could do better though, right?

Haven't you heard Petty will never be anything ever. It's been decided that he sux based on his many starts. He also was responsible for the loss tonight. LOL

Archived