Trade for Sean Payton?

Joejet

According to Jason LaCanfora the Saints would entertain trading Sean Payton after the season and that the price wouldn't be too high.  I would be willing to give them Sheldon for Sean Payton and a fourth rounder.  Thoughts?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Jets decide to fire Todd Bowles, I hope they give the Job to former Bills HC Doug Marrone >  That guy took a team Fan Favorite Rex Ryan couldn't win with and without much practice time and on a neutral site, kicked the  devil out of my Jets .  He was reported to be the leading candidate to land the job prior to Bowles , and just maybe, the Jets may have hired the wrong guy .

Go back and correct the mistake if Bowles is to be fired .

28 minutes ago, Joejet said:

According to Jason LaCanfora the Saints would entertain trading Sean Payton after the season and that the price wouldn't be too high.  I would be willing to give them Sheldon for Sean Payton and a fourth rounder.  Thoughts?

It would cost more than that I am sure. Something needs to be done to un Fu*k this team.

7 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

If the Jets decide to fire Todd Bowles, I hope they give the Job to former Bills HC Doug Marrone >  That guy took a team Fan Favorite Rex Ryan couldn't win with and without much practice time and on a neutral site, kicked the  devil out of my Jets .  He was reported to be the leading candidate to land the job prior to Bowles , and just maybe, the Jets may have hired the wrong guy .

I agree. I wanted Marrone too and I think he is a good coach. I would take just about anything over Bowles at this point - but Marrone would be a good hire.

35 minutes ago, Joejet said:

Woody won't do it - it would be a very smart move for Woody to make.

9 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I actually wouldn't mind Marrone but I doubt he would be hired after us picking him over Bowles. I just can't see Woody letting that happen. 

2 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

I actually wouldn't mind Marrone but I doubt he would be hired after us picking him over Bowles. I just can't see Woody letting that happen. 

Thats a really good point. Woody has been decent at admitting mistakes before though so idk.

This reminds me of getting dumped by my girlfriend, then looking for the first woman to shack up with thereafter.

None of you are wrong however, I am in total agreement with Marrone and / or anyone better than Bowltite.

If it is so obvious that he cannot coach in this league to us dopey fans, how can it not be so obvious to team management?

32 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Excellent choice, he had the Bills at 9-7 with the arrow pointing up with a top 5 defense.  He also did it without a real QB.  I would be fine with him.

35 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

He's probably an upgrade from Bowles, however....

If you remember how it went down, he had an option in his contract that he was able to exercise in Buffalo that would free him.  The season ended and he told his team in the locker room that he wasn't going anywhere.  A day or two later he opted out to come interview with the Jets but Woody didn't hire him.

That tells me he was told the Jets job was in the bag and something he said or did when they met was enough to have the Jets move on w/o hiring him.  Why else would an NFL HC quit a job where he just did a damn good job and had plenty of security?

Yes, now the reaction from some will be "well if Woody didn't hire him, he must be awesome".  That's all find and good, but since he walked out on the Bills, I think there have been close to 20 HC jobs open up and I know I heard of him getting one interview and possibly considered for a second.

Something's not right there...just doesn't add up.

On 12/18/2016 at 9:50 AM, Tinstar said:

Something happened between Marrone and Woody from what I've heard as he was the hand picked guy by Casserly first, but Woody did not like him for some reason.

On 12/18/2016 at 9:24 AM, Joejet said:

Saints would want a draft pick and probably a first rounder. They wouldn't let the best HC in team history get away for less than that or the fans would have Mickey Loomis' head on a platter.

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Something happened between Marrone and Woody from what I've heard as he was the hand picked guy by Casserly first, but Woody did not like him for some reason.

Because a lot of moronic Jets fans howled NO, NO, NO and Woody listened.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Here is how it went down:

Marrone: Hey Woody, I'd love the opportunity to be the HC of the NYJ. I am a huge fan of the franchise, and I am confident I can take your team to the next level and win a SB.

Woody: Great to hear, but let me ask you a very important question first. Lets just say there is a player out there, that I would like to bring in here for the team, how would you feel about that?

Marrone: Well, I would hope that we would be able to have a good football discussion between the GM, you and myself, and discuss how that player fits in with what we are trying to do, and if we are all on the same page, great, but if not, than I would hope you would understand what we are trying to build here.

Woody: Yeahhhhhhhhh, I see what you mean, but you see, I am the owner of this team, and you may not know this, but I am actually a brilliant football mind.

Marrone: You certainly are the owner, but if I were the coach, I would hope that I would have a say on how that player fit in with our team.

Woody: Thanks for your time, I will think about it and get back to you.

20 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Here is how it went down:

Marrone: Hey Woody, I'd love the opportunity to be the HC of the NYJ. I am a huge fan of the franchise, and I am confident I can take your team to the next level and win a SB.

Woody: Great to hear, but let me ask you a very important question first. Lets just say there is a player out there, that I would like to bring in here for the team, how would you feel about that?

Marrone: Well, I would hope that we would be able to have a good football discussion between the GM, you and myself, and discuss how that player fits in with what we are trying to do, and if we are all on the same page, great, but if not, than I would hope you would understand what we are trying to build here.

Woody: Yeahhhhhhhhh, I see what you mean, but you see, I am the owner of this team, and you may not know this, but I am actually a brilliant football mind.

Marrone: You certainly are the owner, but if I were the coach, I would hope that I would have a say on how that player fit in with our team.

Woody: Thanks for your time, I will think about it and get back to you.

Woody is not a meddling owner. Even the media will tell you that

30 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Why yes, Manesh Mehta smeared the man in the press http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-jets-candidate-marrone-not-well-liked-bills-article-1.2064861

14 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Brett Favre, Tim Tebow and Rex Ryan say hello.

Tebow and Favre. Most owners have a say in QB acquisitions. Especially when it comes to a player of Favre's caliber. He had that team looking like a Super Bowl contender before he got hurt.

But even so, that's two players out of hundreds who have been on the team. That doesn't represent the picture you painted.

Rex Ryan was a coach and Woody looked for a GM who he thought could work with the coach. Idzik shouldn't have accepted the job if he didn't want Rex.

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

Tebow and Favre. Most owners have a say in QB acquisitions. But even so, that's two players out of hundreds who have been on the team. That doesn't represent the picture you painted.

Rex Ryan was a coach and Woody looked for a GM who he thought could work with the coach. Idzik shouldn't have accepted the job if he didn't want Rex.

Having a say is very different than demanding that their team adds them. No matter how you slice it, Woody is a piece of garbage, meddling, know nothing asshat owner.

4 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Tebow and Favre. Most owners have a say in QB acquisitions. Especially when it comes to a player of Favre's caliber. He had that team looking like a Super Bowl contender before he got hurt.

But even so, that's two players out of hundreds who have been on the team. That doesn't represent the picture you painted.

Favre was a good meddle by Woody we just got unlucky that he got injured

30 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Agreed. He had that team at 8-3 and he got injured. We were legit Super Bowl contenders that year.

Tebow was a PR move.

Tebow was our backup QB who was coming off a playoff win. People like to sh*t on the team for no reason. Its not like we mortgaged the future for him or made him the starter. 

On 12/18/2016 at 9:50 AM, Tinstar said:

he took a healthy Bills team and w/ staying in the playoff race on the line lost to an awful raider team.  

37 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Agreed. He had that team at 8-3 and he got injured. We were legit Super Bowl contenders that year.

Tebow was a PR move.

he played the same in dec that he did most of that season, the injury is an excuse.  He never had us at 8-3, he heled us back to 8-3 as w/ better QB play we would have been 10-1.  Favre sabotaged our season, a season we could have gone to a SB as the playoffs were wide open.

8 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Tebow was our backup QB who was coming off a playoff win. People like to sh*t on the team for no reason. Its not like we mortgaged the future for him or made him the starter. 

I know we didn't give up much to get him and he didn't set us back. But he wasn't really the backup QB. They went to McCelroy after they benched Sanchez.

He's such a high profile player that it doesn't make sense to bring him in to be a backup QB IMO. If you don't think he's good enough to start, and the Jets didn't, he shouldn't have been here.

I didn't mind the move to bring the player in. Because I felt he could help our offense similar to how Brad Smith did. But he's such a celebrity that I thought it would be a distraction. And he kinda was.

5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

he played the same in dec that he did most of that season, the injury is an excuse.  He never had us at 8-3, he heled us back to 8-3 as w/ better QB play we would have been 10-1.  Favre sabotaged our season, a season we could have gone to a SB as the playoffs were wide open.

How is a torn bicep an excuse? The excuse is not benching him if anything. But the Jets felt they had a chance to have a great season and knew they needed Favre to do it. They weren't going anywhere with Clemens. So he tried to play thru it.

He started off shaky which can be expected since he came to the Jets late in the off season and went 7-1. The injury effected him. You can call it an excuse all you want to diminish Favre but to say he held us back is not correct.

6 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

How is a torn bicep an excuse? The excuse is not benching him if anything. But the Jets felt they had a chance to have a great season and knew they needed Favre to do it. They weren't going anywhere with Clemens. So he tried to play thru it.

He started off shaky which can be expected since he came to the Jets late in the off season and went 7-1. The injury effected him. You can call it an excuse all you want to diminish Favre but to say he held us back is not correct.

he was the ironman, he made his career playing through pain.  he doesn't get an injury excuse when he plays through pain.  his arm was fine, it wasn't something he couldn't play with.  he had 3-4 good games all year, he killed our chances.  if we don't make that move and hold on to Chad we easily win the division that year.

Archived