Jump to content

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY is Fitz starting ?


OH THE PAIN
 Share

Recommended Posts

Leave Hack alone this game.  Pray that Fitz does not get injured.

But Hack needs to be able to compete to be number 2 or 1 next year.  He needs to play in real pre-season games with real players.  I believe Woody also made the trip to see him perform drills, so my guess is that Woody was in on the "steal a top QB cheap" plan.   So if Hack could be a functioning NFL QB with this pick Macc is vindicated.  But Hack sits for more than a year and is a complete flop, that will not look good on Mac.

But let us not forget that Mac does not develop the players.   He just picks them with no authority over what the coaches do with their time (which, I would guess is focused on winning current games so they don't get fired).   So both Mac and Bowles, who should be viewed as a team, should figure out what they need to do so that Hack looks like a real NFL QB in 2017, someone who dresses on Sundays.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

It's quite simple.. Mac and Bowles don't want to expose their terrible chosen draft pick.. They are scared if he is exposed they will be immediately fired.. 

It was idiotic the first time you posted it , now its doubly idiotic as you got Jw12's backing.

  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JETSfan4life_1 said:

Yes he (Dak) may have a better OLine no one is disputing that, but a lot has to do with coaching my friend.  Out of all these starters you speak of on IR the only player worth starting is Mangold.  If the Jets had half way decent coaching this team can at least compete. So don't give me the IR/poor OLine BS, these guys know schemes and technique this is not middle school football and even if the so called OLine is poor if you teach a QB right (yes he may get a hit or two) but not get killed. 

To be fair:

1. the Dallas has a first class OL that is huge.

2. Clady (although not the same as he was when he was young) is a pretty good LT with a lot of experience playing the position; he was replaced by a second string OL JAG who isn't really suited to playing LT (this is the most important lineman for a RH QB).

3. While Breno wasn't great, the guy starting now is rookie 4th round pick with no real experience. RT is the second most important position for QB behind LT. Not to mention he is the 4th OL playing RT as the guys who replaced Breno have been staring at LT and RG.

4. While Wesley has played well, he is a natural G and run blocks better than he pass blocks, is now responsible for calling out protection and his early snap almost put Petty in the hospital

And while these guys are indeed NFL caliber players they are playing against NFL caliber starters and that is were the difference lies.

You want to call Petty crap, fine. You think Dak is better than Petty and Hack put together fine. But this OL is bad and NO QB would look good behind it.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

2. Clady (although not the same as he was when he was young) is a pretty good LT with a lot of experience playing the position; he was replaced by a second string OL JAG who isn't really suited to playing LT (this is the most important lineman for a RH QB).

Clady was a desperation move another by Macc after they forced D-Brick to retire by asking him to restructure. 

Denver let him walk for a reason. 

Macc out of all the players he drafted and signed he hasnt been all that good of a GM the OL and the secondary here is bad. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Clady was a desperation move another by Macc after they forced D-Brick to retire by asking him to restructure. 

Denver let him walk for a reason. 

Macc out of all the players he drafted and signed he hasnt been all that good of a GM the OL and the secondary here is bad. 

 

Been better than Idzik. And that's all that matters. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Clady was a desperation move another by Macc after they forced D-Brick to retire by asking him to restructure. 

Denver let him walk for a reason. 

Macc out of all the players he drafted and signed he hasnt been all that good of a GM the OL and the secondary here is bad. 

 

The same reason the Jets wanted DBrick to walk with the exception they paid Clady less.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

To be fair:

1. the Dallas has a first class OL that is huge.

2. Clady (although not the same as he was when he was young) is a pretty good LT with a lot of experience playing the position; he was replaced by a second string OL JAG who isn't really suited to playing LT (this is the most important lineman for a RH QB).

3. While Breno wasn't great, the guy starting now is rookie 4th round pick with no real experience. RT is the second most important position for QB behind LT. Not to mention he is the 4th OL playing RT as the guys who replaced Breno have been staring at LT and RG.

4. While Wesley has played well, he is a natural G and run blocks better than he pass blocks, is now responsible for calling out protection and his early snap almost put Petty in the hospital

And while these guys are indeed NFL caliber players they are playing against NFL caliber starters and that is were the difference lies.

You want to call Petty crap, fine. You think Dak is better than Petty and Hack put together fine. But this OL is bad and NO QB would look good behind it.

Amen.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Clady was a desperation move another by Macc after they forced D-Brick to retire by asking him to restructure. 

Denver let him walk for a reason. 

Macc out of all the players he drafted and signed he hasnt been all that good of a GM the OL and the secondary here is bad. 

 

Can only do so much in the first 2 years - that's how bad this team was; never the less, Clady was levels better than anyone else playing LT; my point was about the line being bad, not about Mac, however.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Can only do so much in the first 2 years - that's how bad this team was; never the less, Clady was levels better than anyone else playing LT; my point was about the line being bad, not about Mac, however.

Clady wasn't a horrible move we got half a season out of him and Brick retired out of nowhere when it became clear we were going to ask him to take a huge paycut.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, DMan77 said:

And also because he'd be destroyed trying to play behind this OL. There's no point in running him out there and watching him get clobbered. 

Why? Just so we and the media can scream "bust!" after 20 minutes of play time? No, it's pointless. This game doesn't even count. Don't even worry about it.

I think this needs to be stressed more then anything else.  Just look at what Petty had to endure.  Hackenberg in his first NFL start is going to hold the ball too long and get killed.  Its going to happen and I'd rather it not happen.  We'll see what we have in Hack next year.  I'd rather not waste breath on questioning why Macc took him in the 2nd.  In the words of Bellicheck "I'd rather reach and get my guy then wait and lose out".  So in the grand scheme, if Hack is a viable starter in 1 or 2 more years, it doesn't matter when he was drafted but only time will tell.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, drdetroit said:

Clady wasn't a horrible move we got half a season out of him and Brick retired out of nowhere when it became clear we were going to ask him to take a huge paycut.

All the money they saved from D-Brick they signed McClendon,Jenkins and Robinson and a slew of worthless WR's and kick returners all season long. 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, joewilly12 said:

All the money they saved from D-Brick they signed McClendon and Robinson and a slew of worthless WR's and kick returners all season long. 

There is a better FA class this season.  Besides Glennon and possibly even Taylor at QB there's quality starters available at positions of need for us.

 

What Mac needs to do is cut as much of the dead weight as possible (Fitz, Forte, Breno, Clady, Mangold, Harris, Gilchrist, Decker) to get us the cap room 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Clady wasn't a horrible move we got half a season out of him and Brick retired out of nowhere when it became clear we were going to ask him to take a huge paycut.

Yes, but my point was about how bad the OL was most of the year; First we went from Brick to Clady; then we went from Clady to some JAG. I was commenting on the post where it suggested that the OL wasn't that bad towards the end of the year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, drdetroit said:

There is a better FA class this season.  Besides Glennon and possibly even Taylor at QB there's quality starters available at positions of need for us.

 

What Mac needs to do is cut as much of the dead weight as possible (Fitz, Forte, Breno, Clady, Mangold, Harris, Gilchrist, Decker) to get us the cap room 

Yes cut free all the dead weight but do you trust him I'm a little skeptical. 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Aaron Rodgers? drafted #24 overall in 2005. Didn't PLAY and Start until 2008. 

I do believe Hack should play the half of the 3rd and 4th quarter on Sunday just to 

 

toe_in_water_2.png

I actually saw Rodgers play as a rookie in 2005 in an actual game and again in 2007 in the game Favre got hurt in.

 

But then again, I'm sure Rodgers actually looked like an NFL qb in practice early on, unlike Mr. Hackenberg.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Cmon - you really think Hack isn't playing because Macc and Bowles want to hide their bad draft pick , like I said the 1st time idiotic . 

Hiding horrible second round picks is Bowles' specialty.  Look at Devin Smith he's been in witness protection for two years.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aaron Rodgers had a real quarterback playing in front of him,  Hackenberg obviously does not.  also,  C. Hackehanberg is no Aaron Rodgers believe that.  p.s  nice job by the Genius  Gruden extolling the leadership "qualities" of Donovan McNabb, late of the Eagles.  I guess throwing up continuously and begging out of playoff games passes as leadership.  Gruden also has a good opinion of Hackenberg , by the way, yikes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Is is OK for me to root for Fitz to suffer a career-ending injury on Sunday so I never have to see his worthless ass in a Jets uniform ever again?

He is my least favorite Jet of all time. 

I hate him more than I hate Thomas Jones. 

What wrong with Thomas Jones ? The guy was a bull .

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He did give additional thoughts on why it isn’t important for Hackenberg to play this week.

Bryce (Petty) had four games to get ready for. We’re not going to gain or lose nothing by looking at Christian or not in this game.

Anybody that hasn’t played. They won’t be ready until they play, but you don’t leap frog people to start playing. If Fitz gets hurt and he gets to play, you’ll see him play, but if not it doesn’t mean anything plus or minus that we’re not playing him this year. We had a plan for him going in when we drafted him. He’s taken a lot of reps in practice. If Fitz gets hurt, he’ll go in there and play. If Fitz doesn’t, he won’t play, but he’s ready to play. He’ll be ready to play. Obviously with experience comes better play and you’ll see a bunch of things, but putting him in right now isn’t going to hurt or help him.

All of them had mechanical problems coming out (of the NFL Draft). We didn’t need him to play right away because going off of last year, Fitz had a great year and Geno (Smith) was coming back. The idea was to put him on the shelf regardless and let him get better going in. He wasn’t going to come in and then beat out the two guys that were ahead of him, or three guys that were ahead of him. He can use some mechanical work and he got better as the year went on. That will only show in the game, but (putting) him out there in the last game and say his mechanics aren’t great or his mechanics aren’t bad doesn’t make any sense either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...