Looking at Macc's 2 drafts.

UnitedWhofans

2015:

1. Leonard Williams- Becoming a stud at DL, team MVP this year. Why people are whining about this pick, I have no idea.

2. Devin Smith- Injuries have hampered his development and it doesn't look good. 

3. Lorenzo Mauldin- For some reason, coaching staff asked him to bulk up in offseason, taking away speed for pass rushing. Injuries have also lessened his playing time.

4. Bryce Petty- Has improved from seasons 1 to 2 but at the moment, looks like a serviceable backup. Injuries have hampered his development (seeing a pattern)

5.Jarvis Harrison- A complete bust. Let go after only 1 year on the team.

7. Deon Simon- A sleeper at DL who has improved and gotten more playing time in his second season. 

So (in grade) we have 1 A (Williams), 1 B (Simon), 2 Cs (Mauldin and Petty), 1 F,(Harrison) and one incomplete (Smith)

2016:

1. Darron Lee- Up and down rookie season. Needs to get better in coverage but has show flashes of speed and tackling ability

2. Christian Hackenberg- The enigma. What will happen?

3. Jordan Jenkins- Has steadily improved as the season has gone on and has made more plays as well

4. Juston Burris- Has shown flashes of ability in little playing time.

5. Brandon Shell- Has been very solid in last 3 games of the season against solid competition

6. Lachlan Edwards- Few people complained about the punter this year, but he have a couple of hiccups.

7. Charone Peake- Flashed ability as a WR when he played.

So (in grade) we have 4 B's (Shell, Jenkins, Lee, Burris), 2 C's (Edwards & Peake) and one incomplete ( Guess who?)

So in total, in two drafts, Macc has found one superstar player and has had (to this point) one bust. That to me says okay. Not great but okay.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mac is good at what he does.  I am a big fan.

Unfortunately, the fans and organization will keep his head on the block until a QB is found, which he has proactively and smartly tried to address.

Hack may end up sucking but Mac knew he has elite potential, it gives u a chance. Also give credit for him holding fast to a one year prove it deal to Fitz. Imagine signing him to 3 yr 36 million or something like that. We can not take that for granted.

I would say he gets a F

he had one quality player come out in Williams who was not the best pick for the talent he had on the team but for arguments sake anybody could have made that pick

jet fans love to over hype bad talent and then wonder why the team is so bad

of all of the guys you listed maybe two guys would be starters on other teams and that might be being generous

1. Leonard Williams- Excellent pick did not outsmart himself when this guy fell to him.

2. Devin Smith- Awful pick, the guy is a soft dud who will be cut in camp next year because he won't beat out some drafted guys.

3. Lorenzo Mauldin- Good pick, unfortunately we have a coach who is one of these idiotic hybrid coaches who thinks he can win via trickery.  He will be a lost cause soon because bowles does not seem to like him,

4. Bryce Petty- Good pick, trading up just a spot to get a development qb in he 4th round who has some pysical skills was a good move.

5.Jarvis Harrison- Awful pick, you'd hope a guy like this would last a few seasons.

7. Deon Simon- Great pick if they can keep him away from the lazy asses on the dline he will be starting next year.  He has looked good.

2016:

1. Darron Lee- Crap pick, a lower value pick and the player is almost nothing like he was described.  I can see why he did this, he was trying to get Bowles his Buchaon clone but if you are going to do that you draft a box safey and make him and lb,  Lee iss soft and sucks for the most part, others have a different opinion, I'm okay with that.

2. Christian Hackenberg- His worst pick by far, no rational at all for this pick in this spot, and worse yet are the rumors of why he made the pick.  Two years from now this pick will sink Mac unless he somehow comes up with a really good Qb in the mean time.

3. Jordan Jenkins- Good pick, handicapped by dumbass bowles and his clown crew on defense.

4. Juston Burris- Decent pick, seems very good in close quarters and short routes but he did get burned badly on two deep plays, his speed seemed to be a problem, but overall good play for a rookie.

5. Brandon Shell- A guy that actually looks like he improved through  the year and that is what you ask for for a rookie, if he becomes a starter long term it is a great trade up and pick.

6. Lachlan Edwards- Looked great early on then got worse as the year went on.  I have a suspicion that the incompetent st; coach and our head coach started telling him not out kick our lame ass coverage.

7. Charone Peake- Good pick, just a rookie but made enough plays to suggest he has a future.

His UDFA work has been good.

He needs to find a good QB, vet or draft pick, because that covers up a lot of errors, I like the guy but right now he is 1 for 4 in 1st and 2nd round picks imo and that sucks.

Just now, kmnj said:

I would say he get a F

he had one quality player come out in Williams who was not the best pick for the talent he had on the team but for arguments sake anybody could have made that pick

of all of the guys you listed maybe two guys would be starters on other teams and that might be being generous

You can't fool the eye test

19 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

2015:

1. Leonard Williams- Becoming a stud at DL, team MVP this year. Why people are whining about this pick, I have no idea.

2. Devin Smith- Injuries have hampered his development and it doesn't look good. 

3. Lorenzo Mauldin- For some reason, coaching staff asked him to bulk up in offseason, taking away speed for pass rushing. Injuries have also lessened his playing time.

4. Bryce Petty- Has improved from seasons 1 to 2 but at the moment, looks like a serviceable backup. Injuries have hampered his development (seeing a pattern)

7. Deon Simon- A sleeper at DL who has improved and gotten more playing time in his second season. 

So (in grade) we have 1 A (Williams), 1 B (Simon), 2 Cs (Mauldin and Petty), 1 F,(Harrison) and one incomplete (Smith)

2016:

1. Darron Lee- Up and down rookie season. Needs to get better in coverage but has show flashes of speed and tackling ability

3. Jordan Jenkins- Has steadily improved as the season has gone on and has made more plays as well

5. Brandon Shell- Has been very solid in last 3 games of the season against solid competition

6. Lachlan Edwards- Few people complained about the punter this year, but he have a couple of hiccups.

So (in grade) we have 4 B's (Shell, Jenkins, Lee, Burris), 2 C's (Edwards & Peake) and one incomplete ( Guess who?)

So in total, in two drafts, Macc has found one superstar player and has had (to this point) one bust. That to me says okay. Not great but okay.

To be fair you also need to include UDFA's he's signed also. I'm liking Robbie Anderson very much.

6 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I would say he gets a F

Agree Williams was a no brainer. 

Many of his picks and signings wouldnt be in the NFL if not for the Jets. 

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

1. Leonard Williams- Excellent pick did not outsmart himself when this guy fell to him.

2. Devin Smith- Awful pick, the guy is a soft dud who will be cut in camp next year because he won't beat out some drafted guys.

3. Lorenzo Mauldin- Good pick, unfortunately we have a coach who is one of these idiotic hybrid coaches who thinks he can win via trickery.  He will be a lost cause soon because bowles does not seem to like him,

4. Bryce Petty- Good pick, trading up just a spot to get a development qb in he 4th round who has some pysical skills was a good move.

5.Jarvis Harrison- Awful pick, you'd hope a guy like this would last a few seasons.

7. Deon Simon- Great pick if they can keep him away from the lazy asses on the dline he will be starting next year.  He has looked good.

2016:

1. Darron Lee- Crap pick, a lower value pick and the player is almost nothing like he was described.  I can see why he did this, he was trying to get Bowles his Buchaon clone but if you are going to do that you draft a box safey and make him and lb,  Lee iss soft and sucks for the most part, others have a different opinion, I'm okay with that.

2. Christian Hackenberg- His worst pick by far, no rational at all for this pick in this spot, and worse yet are the rumors of why he made the pick.  Two years from now this pick will sink Mac unless he somehow comes up with a really good Qb in the mean time.

3. Jordan Jenkins- Good pick, handicapped by dumbass bowles and his clown crew on defense.

4. Juston Burris- Decent pick, seems very good in close quarters and short routes but he did get burned badly on two deep plays, his speed seemed to be a problem, but overall good play for a rookie.

5. Brandon Shell- A guy that actually looks like he improved through  the year and that is what you ask for for a rookie, if he becomes a starter long term it is a great trade up and pick.

6. Lachlan Edwards- Looked great early on then got worse as the year went on.  I have a suspicion that the incompetent st; coach and our head coach started telling him not out kick our lame ass coverage.

7. Charone Peake- Good pick, just a rookie but made enough plays to suggest he has a future.

His UDFA work has been good.

He needs to find a good QB, vet or draft pick, because that covers up a lot of errors, I like the guy but right now he is 1 for 4 in 1st and 2nd round picks imo and that sucks.

I'm not penalizing a GM for players who are injured because of lack of predictability. So I am not putting Smith as a black mark

Hackenberg can go to the F column next season, depending on what we see from him, So he is incomplete.

So I think he is 2 for 4 with 2 incompletes. The difference is Lee, apparently. I think he has potential, you think he sucks. There we go.

Drafting Hackenberg, let alone drafting him in the 2nd round, is deserving of an F-. That pick alone negates anything good from that entire draft. Plus, I'm pretty sure a basket of puppies died in direct result. And not the ugly puppies, like chihuahuas, that suck, but adorable all-american puppies, like golden retrievers. 

7 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

To be fair you also need to include UDFA's he's signed also. I'm liking Robbie Anderson very much.

Middleton is a guy that has shown a little bit too. Don't dismiss these UDFA, didn't his scouts find Arian Foster? 

20 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Mac is good at what he does.  I am a big fan.

Unfortunately, the fans and organization will keep his head on the block until a QB is found, which he has proactively and smartly tried to address.

Hack may end up sucking but Mac knew he has elite potential, it gives u a chance. Also give credit for him holding fast to a one year prove it deal to Fitz. Imagine signing him to 3 yr 36 million or something like that. We can not take that for granted.

He has tried to address QB and I have no issue at all with the petty pick,.  The big and I mean BIG disagreement comes when you call Hackenburg having elite potential.  We are looking at elite potential coming from college to pro not high school to college.

26 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Drafts and free agent signings are judged by wins and losses. 

Last season we finished 10-6 this season 5-11,

Are we headed in the right direction? 

When building a progam you don't necessarily get better record-wise every year.  Last year we very little injuries, easy schedule and a career year by Fitz.

4 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Drafting Hackenberg, let alone drafting him in the 2nd round, is deserving of an F-. That pick alone negates anything good from that entire draft. Plus, I'm pretty sure a basket of puppies died in direct result. And not the ugly puppies, like chihuahuas, that suck, but adorable all-american puppies, like golden retrievers. 

Image result for report card f

2 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

For most sane folks who work around or in pro football, it takes 3 years to get a real feel for an NFL draft class . Jet fans can do 2 classes in 2 years . 

We are simply judging the players at the same time the front office has to and there is nothing wrong with that,  It is meaningless to come out and say, a guy has made good or bad picks after they have proven to be good or bad.

Well let's look at UDFA's.

2015: Nothing much. Taiwan Jones played here for a game. I liked Wes Saxton at TE, but he was let go.

2016: The Cream: Jalin Marshall and Robby Anderson have shown good potential for the future. Lawrence Thomas, was hurt most of the year but showed potential in a short time. Doug Middleton has been okay and scored the wackiest TD that I've ever seen yesterday.

I would give it a B.

Just now, JetsFanatic said:

When building a progam you don't necessarily get better record-wise every year.  Last year we very little injuries, easy schedule and a career year by Fitz.

This season was sheer failure in every aspect of  the game on and off the field. 

5 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

No.

21 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I would say he gets a F

This. The Jets have no QB and no speedy edge rusher in two drafts. Vic Beasly. Dak Prescott. Both could have been had

32 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

2015:

2016:

He didn't "find " a superstar. Leonard Williams. He was the best graded player in the draft and was the most sure thing of the draft.. Other teams surprisingly past on him to fill positional needs.. ironically DL was by far the last thing we needed to address.. But I had no problem with taking the best player in the draft with basically zero risks, especially after Izdik disaster drafts.. 

The other picks are nothing special.. Bottom line is better than Izdik that's for sure..Will wait and see about hackenberg whenever they feel decide he is able to be promoting past strictly practice squad material..

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This league is about impact players - you have to find them.  He found one potential in Williams.  I don't see another on the entire roster.  Gets a C for drafting Williams, otherwise I'm unimpressed.

I disagree to an extent. Name an impact player on the Cheaters D and see if he was drafted high or not.

Having said that, I think you must find an impact player with a top ten pick.

The issue with the Hackenberg pick is the situation he was placed in. 

Hackenberg would've made sense to a team like the Saints or Giants. Teams with franchise QB's in tact for multiple seasons, in a situation where he isn't asked to do anything or have any pressure on him.

The Jets had nobody this year and have nobody next year, thus the pick made absolutely no sense. We can't start him next year, so the most likely scenario is Glennon, Tyrod, Cutler in that order and then we may never even see Hackenberg start a game in green and white.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

I disagree to an extent. Name an impact player on the Cheaters D and see if he was drafted high or not.

Having said that, I think you must find an impact player with a top ten pick.

High - Dont'a Hightower, Jamie Collins, Chandler Jones, McCourtey

Low- Malcolm Butler was undrafted. 

I know Collins/Jones aren't on the team anymore, but it doesn't change the argument.

2 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

This. The Jets have no QB and no speedy edge rusher in two drafts. Vic Beasly. Dak Prescott. Both could have been had

Honestly, I would rather have the better all around player and that is Williams. More tackles and half the number of sacks Beasley had this year.

You can defeat edge rushers by running at them

Just now, Mecca said:

High - Dont'a Hightower, Jamie Collins, Chandler Jones, McCourtey

Low- Malcolm Butler was undrafted. 

I know Collins/Jones aren't on the team anymore, but it doesn't change the argument.

Collins and Jones are gone so they don't count. How can the Cheaters trade impact players? If they are so tradeable, how much impact can they have?

I wouldn't call Hightower an impact player. McCourty you can I think

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Honestly, I would rather have the better all around player and that is Williams. More tackles and half the number of sacks Beasley had this year.

You can defeat edge rushers by running at them

Your homer glasses just got you placed on my ignore list.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Collins and Jones are gone so they don't count. How can the Cheaters trade an impact player?

I wouldn't call Hightower an impact player. McCourty you can I think

Hightower is a perennial pro bowler. Your green and white glasses are hard to stomach. Welcome to the ignore list.

They traded impact players because they understand the importance of building through the draft when cap ramifications come into play. They chose Hightower and Butler over Collins.

Archived