Rex Ryan On Coaching: I’m ‘tired of getting f--ked’

SAR I

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, rangerous said:

so why would rex sacrifice three years of a plush contract to coach again?  pride? ego?  maybe.  the thing about rex is he is always his worst enemy. if he ever understands that he might actually be a worthwhile head coach.  and if he does coach again he needs to be paired with a strong and competent gm.

Rex will take a knee next few years and do broadcasting.  

I'd take him back over Bowles in a friggin heartbeat

9 minutes ago, thadude said:

I thought they played fairly well in that AFCG Sanchez just had a couple bad turnovers early on we never fully recovered from

You're kidding, right?

Mark was blindsided by a blitzing safety who was untouched on 3rd and 17.  Rex's supposedly awesome defense let the Steelers run and pass all over us amassing a 24-0 lead, Bart Scott couldn't wait but never got off the bus.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, rangerous said:

so why would rex sacrifice three years of a plush contract to coach again?  pride? ego?  maybe.  the thing about rex is he is always his worst enemy. if he ever understands that he might actually be a worthwhile head coach.  and if he does coach again he needs to be paired with a strong and competent gm.

It's Super Bowl week and Manish needs copy and Rex needs attention and both are pimping gigs on ESPN.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, HessStation said:

When he lost his fat he lost his edge.

Same with Mangini. I think HC's like them start to enjoy the limelight (Mangini on Sopranos) which takes away from the time they used to spend eating McDonald's at 2 AM on the couch in their office preparing for the next game. It's no wonder that they start looking less prepared as time goes on. 

Interestingly, I think the same point could be made about QB's in the opposite direction. Once a QB starts looking grungy instead of professional (Sanchez with the headbands/Fu Man Chu and Geno with the scraggly beard, unkempt hair) it shows me they are completely overwhelmed to the point they don't even have time to get a haircut.

Just an observation that I've made over the last several years. 

51 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Rex is that ex girlfriend who was ******* your father behind your back and selling your possessions for meth who gave you Hep C and your boy Tom was trying to warn you the whole time that she was a dirty skank but you were all "dude she's wild. She licked my a$$hole" so you stayed with her until you had no money or teeth and now everyone laughs at you because you're a no-credibility having simp. @JiF

Dang dude.  I just want him to be my Head Coach because he's really good at it and the Jets current Head Coach has no clue what's he's doing. 

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You're kidding, right?

Mark was blindsided by a blitzing safety who was untouched on 3rd and 17.  Rex's supposedly awesome defense let the Steelers run and pass all over us amassing a 24-0 lead, Bart Scott couldn't wait but never got off the bus.

SAR I

Sanchez couldn't read a blitz if Belichick's intern text messaged it to him in the huddle.  He had two early TO's that caused the early lead plus Schotty wasted offensive possessions calling WR reverses with Jerricho Cotchery who would lose to me in a foot race

The biggest problem with Rex is his defenses aren't effective anymore. The 2nd biggest problem is his style, he thinks he is putting it all on him. But he causes problems with his big statements.

Seems like a great dude. Nice run here in the first few years. Definitely wish they had two more wins in one of those playoff seasons.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

Rex knew he was getting fired, he had no incentive to sit Taylor.

winning those "meaningless games" never cost us a thing.  good organizations find good players no matter where they draft and bad ones screw it up no matter where they draft.

Are you trying to tell me that beating the Titans and Dolphins in 2014 didn't cost us Marcus Mariota, a franchise QB?

17 minutes ago, thadude said:

I thought they played fairly well in that AFCG Sanchez just had a couple bad turnovers early on we never fully recovered from

The Jets D came out flat against the Steelers and got their doors blown off by the Steelers running game. The Jets were down 17-0 when Sanchez got strip-sacked to make it 24-0.  Jets outscored the Steelers 19-0 in second half.  Rex has that team up for the 1st half and I believe they win the game.

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You're kidding, right?

SAR I

I am still not convinced that was a fumble but the reality is if he doesn't fumble we are punting from deep in our territory and Pitt has plenty of tiem to score w/ great FP.  so at best it would have been 20-0 at the half, we went into the half down 21 after the FG.

3 minutes ago, thadude said:

Sanchez couldn't read a blitz if Belichick's intern text messaged it to him in the huddle.  He had two early TO's that caused the early lead plus Schotty wasted offensive possessions calling WR reverses with Jerricho Cotchery who would lose to me in a foot race

he had one turnover total in that Pitt game on what easily could have been called a forward pass on a blindside hit.  Sanchez brought us back in that game and gave us a chance.

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Are you trying to tell me that beating the Titans and Dolphins in 2014 didn't cost us Marcus Mariota, a franchise QB?

I don't know the answer to that, if we lost them we are 2-14 and tied w/ Ten.  who would have drafted higher?  let's see what Mariota does, i remember the calls to tank for reggie Bush in 2005 and we won a late game and missed out on him then drafted Leon Washington in rd 4 I believe who was every bit as good as Bush, if not better.  good organizations will find ways to get good players no matter where they draft.

6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The biggest problem with Rex is his defenses aren't effective anymore. The 2nd biggest problem is his style, he thinks he is putting it all on him. But he causes problems with his big statements.

Seems like a great dude. Nice run here in the first few years. Definitely wish they had two more wins in one of those playoff seasons.

sometimes he causes problems w/ statements and other times he takes the pressure off.  remember that Pats week all the talk was about rex's talk and people were forgetting about that 45-3 debacle.  sometimes his strategy worked and sometimes it didn't but I felt like of all the coaches that coached here he loved the Jets more than any of them.  

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

None of these things are the biggest problem with him. 

He seems like a venomous back-stabber to me. I don't know why people assume someone that panders to the guys is "a great dude". It's easy to blend in to amongst honest folks.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Big Ben was 10-19 133 yards and 2 picks.  That was another HOF QB that Rex Ryan completely shut down in the playoffs that year.

Miss him soooo much.

one of those picks was a 4th and 1 where he was about to be tackled and threw it to try to make something happen knowing a pick and tackle doesn't hurt them there.  it was 4th and 1 at NYJ 32, we got the ball 1st and 10 on NYJ 35.  it was basically a TO on downs.  the 2nd he threw downfield and we picked it at our 14.

unfortunately the biggest series of the game was the last one, w/ plenty of time left needing to hold Pitt to one or less 1st downs we allowed 2 and allowed them to run out the clock.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

I don't know the answer to that, if we lost them we are 2-14 and tied w/ Ten.  who would have drafted higher?  let's see what Mariota does, i remember the calls to tank for reggie Bush in 2005 and we won a late game and missed out on him then drafted Leon Washington in rd 4 I believe who was every bit as good as Bush, if not better.  good organizations will find ways to get good players no matter where they draft.

If we lost those games to Tennessee and Miami, they would have been 3-13 and we would have been 2-14...not tied.    

Also, I'm really tired of hearing the "let's wait and see" with Mariota.  The guy is a franchise QB and anyone telling themselves otherwise is quietly lamenting the fact we didn't get a chance to grab him.  I'm saying this all as a HUGE fan of Leonard Williams.  I love that guy, but I'd ship him out of here for a franchise QB in a f*cking heartbeat.

10 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I am still not convinced that was a fumble but the reality is if he doesn't fumble we are punting from deep in our territory and Pitt has plenty of tiem to score w/ great FP.  so at best it would have been 20-0 at the half, we went into the half down 21 after the FG.

he had one turnover total in that Pitt game on what easily could have been called a forward pass on a blindside hit.  Sanchez brought us back in that game and gave us a chance.

Sanchez brought us back after turning the ball over and the offensive staff throwing out Schotty's dumb play designs for just going 4 wide and chucking it to Santinio Holmes

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

Big Ben was 10-19 133 yards and 2 picks.  That was another HOF QB that Rex Ryan completely shut down in the playoffs that year.

Miss him soooo much.

Was that the game we came out flat, after a huge win in Mass?  You know, a REX team coming out flat.   we were down 24 points before we opened our eyes.

Rex blew his load in NE. He cant seem to string wins together as his inner "Cheer leader" takes over.

He is better than Bowles....

Rex Ryan on return to Jets: 'I'll never say never'

11:45AM

New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan coaches against the Miami Dolphins during the fourth quarter of a game at MetLife Stadium. (Brad Penner)New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan coaches against the Miami Dolphins during the fourth quarter of a game at MetLife Stadium. (Brad Penner)

In his first interview since being fired by the Buffalo Bills last month, Rex Ryan said he would not close the door on the possibility of an eventual return to the Jets.

"I'm definitely never going to say never on that one," Ryan told the Daily News. "I love New York. I do. I love the people. I got a ton of friends - lifelong friends-in that organization. I'll never say never. I don't know in what capacity, but I'll leave that open for sure."

In six seasons as head coach of the Jets, Ryan went 50-52, and his four playoff wins are more than any other coach in franchise history.

Ryan's Jets went to back-to-back AFC Championship Games in his first two seasons before missing the playoffs in his final four years.

"They had to fire me," Ryan said. "I won four games. It's as simple as that regardless of whether we had $40 million or whatever under the cap. It felt like $70 million under the cap. So, I get it. I walked out of there with my head up and I understood. But that wasn't easy for Woody. That wasn't easy for anybody. When you go 4-12, you're going to get fired. And I knew that."

"I had six years there and I enjoyed every one of them," said Ryan of the Jets. "I know I was supported. It might not have been 100 percent support throughout the organization (see: John Idzik). But it was probably 99 percent. So, that was awesome. I love that support that we got. It felt like a family."

Ryan will be a panelist for ESPN's NFL Sunday Countdown this weekend, helping to break down the Super Bowl matchup between the Patriots and the Falcons. The former coach said he would like to explore a few different roles in television for at least a year to figure out whether he actually likes it.

"Look, I love coaching to the day I left, whether it was with the Jets or whether it was with the Bills," Ryan said. "I love it. It's something that I enjoyed big-time, but we'll see how this (TV job) is. I'm going to give this an opportunity here. I'm going to put everything I have into it and enjoy it."

25 minutes ago, SMC said:

The Jets D came out flat against the Steelers and got their doors blown off by the Steelers running game. The Jets were down 17-0 when Sanchez got strip-sacked to make it 24-0.  Jets outscored the Steelers 19-0 in second half.  Rex has that team up for the 1st half and I believe they win the game.

Offense had 3 punts and a fumble to open the game

8 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan coaches against the Miami Dolphins during the fourth quarter of a game at MetLife Stadium. (Brad Penner)New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan coaches against the Miami Dolphins during the fourth quarter of a game at MetLife Stadium. (Brad Penner)

In his first interview since being fired by the Buffalo Bills last month, Rex Ryan said he would not close the door on the possibility of an eventual return to the Jets.

"I'm definitely never going to say never on that one," Ryan told the Daily News. "I love New York. I do. I love the people. I got a ton of friends - lifelong friends-in that organization. I'll never say never. I don't know in what capacity, but I'll leave that open for sure."

In six seasons as head coach of the Jets, Ryan went 50-52, and his four playoff wins are more than any other coach in franchise history.

Ryan's Jets went to back-to-back AFC Championship Games in his first two seasons before missing the playoffs in his final four years.

"They had to fire me," Ryan said. "I won four games. It's as simple as that regardless of whether we had $40 million or whatever under the cap. It felt like $70 million under the cap. So, I get it. I walked out of there with my head up and I understood. But that wasn't easy for Woody. That wasn't easy for anybody. When you go 4-12, you're going to get fired. And I knew that."

"I had six years there and I enjoyed every one of them," said Ryan of the Jets. "I know I was supported. It might not have been 100 percent support throughout the organization (see: John Idzik). But it was probably 99 percent. So, that was awesome. I love that support that we got. It felt like a family."

Ryan will be a panelist for ESPN's NFL Sunday Countdown this weekend, helping to break down the Super Bowl matchup between the Patriots and the Falcons. The former coach said he would like to explore a few different roles in television for at least a year to figure out whether he actually likes it.

"Look, I love coaching to the day I left, whether it was with the Jets or whether it was with the Bills," Ryan said. "I love it. It's something that I enjoyed big-time, but we'll see how this (TV job) is. I'm going to give this an opportunity here. I'm going to put everything I have into it and enjoy it."

Rex we got your number next year after we fire Bowles

11 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Was that the game we came out flat, after a huge win in Mass?  You know, a REX team coming out flat.   we were down 24 points before we opened our eyes.

Rex blew his load in NE. He cant seem to string wins together as his inner "Cheer leader" takes over.

He is better than Bowles....

Yes.  That was the game that Rex Ryan shut down his 3rd HOF Qb in a row on the road in the playoffs and would have won the game if Schotty Jr. wasnt a huge moron. 

11 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

FOOTBALL GODS HERE HIS CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

38 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You're kidding, right?

SAR I

The defense gave up 17 points.  That's good enough to win.

And it's not surprising that Mark Sanchez didn't see the safety coming.  This is the same guy who couldn't see the ass of a 300 pound man that was right in front of him.

5 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I still think Revis lost that game dropping the momentum changing bomb pick. I ****kng hate Revis.

That's the thing about Revis and those pushing the HOF talk.  Truly great players make game changing plays.  If Revis was as great as everyone says he is (and he thinks he is), he makes that pick and runs it back 40 yards to set up the Jets in the redzone.  That's what great defensive players do.  They change the game.

They don't cut off half the field and watch helplessly as the opposing QB carves up the D on the other half.

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yes.  That was the game that Rex Ryan shut down his 3rd HOF Qb in a row on the road in the playoffs and would have won the game if Schotty Jr. wasnt a huge moron. 

Shotty was the last OC that took us to the playoffs....   but again, the buck stops with REX.   We were down 24 points.. that can't all be on Shotty but Rex , I assume, approved and knew the offensive strategy.

Archived