******SUPER BOWL Game Thread******

joewilly12

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Greatest SB I ever saw.  A game that looked like a dud which turned on a dime into an all time classic.  I still feel a kick to my stomach every time I think about Brien's two misses in Pittsburgh. And that was only for a chance to go into the championship game.  I can't imagine what Falcons fans are feeling today.  Up by 25 with two minutes left in the third?  Fuk me.

I feel sick that the offense scored 0 points in that game.. But lets blame the kicker yep that's the ticket..:)

7 hours ago, JetHammer said:

I'm English, Jets are my team, because I have been to New York twice and I like Flash Gordon.....tenuous I know....I stayed up to watch that last night and decided to call it a day at half time knowing that I had work in the morning and thinking great a new SB champion and its a team which are very likable...so this morning I am in a little shock...how did that happen!? It is now 8:30am and I have been at work for 45 minutes still a bit shell shocked!

I understand pain as a fan being that I support West Ham United - the parallels between these and the Jets are frightening....I have suffered all my life (context) as Hammer and a Jet....Flash, I hold you accountable.

Bubbles extract (West Ham supporters song) 'Like my dreams they fade and die, fortunes always hiding, I've looked every where....'

Like my dreams,

they fade and die,

J-E-T-S JETS, JETS, JETS.

10 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

I feel sick that the offense scored 0 points in that game.. But lets blame the kicker yep that's the ticket..:)

The way I look at it?  All a kicker does is kick. I don't give a fuk about wind speed, cold weather, pressure, etc.  You make the friggin' kick, especially when Brien gets a "do over" after missing the first one.  Guy will always be a bum to me.

Just now, munchmemory said:

The way I look at it?  All a kicker does is kick. I don't give a fuk about wind speed, cold weather, pressure, etc.  You make the friggin' kick, especially when Brien gets a "do over" after missing the first one.  Guy will always be a bum to me.

And a Offense is supposed to score points so lets say they both sucked that day not just the kicker..;)

28 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

You do realized  Pennington played that game with a half of a half Shoulder, don't you . We would have probably gotten slaughtered in NE had we won , but we were given a chance to win a playoff game on the road twice, and we failed . 

6 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

You do realized  Pennington played that game with a half of a half Shoulder, don't you . We would have probably gotten slaughtered in NE had we won , but we were given a chance to win a playoff game on the road twice, and we failed . 

Then they should have put Quincy Carter in if Chaddy cakes was hurting.. No excuses 

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Josh McDaniels called all the right plays in an epic comeback win for NE. 

When BB retires Josh will take over in NE. 

And the suckage will begin.

BB said at halftime the answer begins with shutting down Ryan's offense. Whatever words he used made adjustments and got it done. 

12 minutes ago, jetrider said:

And the suckage will begin.

BB said at halftime the answer begins with shutting down Ryan's offense. Whatever words he used made adjustments and got it done. 

3 sides of the ball won the game offense, defense and special teams. 

Tom Brady: I still plan on playing for a long time

HOUSTON, TX - FEBRUARY 06:  Super Bowl LI MVP Tom Brady talks with the media about their win over the Atlanta Falcons at the Super Bowl Winner and MVP press conference on February 6, 2017 in Houston, Texas.  (Photo by Bob Levey/Getty Images)Getty Images

The winning quarterback in last year’s Super Bowl rode off into retirement after the game.

That’s not going to happen this year and Tom Brady says that it won’t be happening at any point in the near future either. Brady has talked about playing for five more years in the past and was asked if he’s still thinking that way during an appearance on Sirius XM NFL Radio with Jim Miller.

“If it was up to my wife she would have me retire today,” Brady said. “She told me that last night three times.  And I said, ‘Too bad, babe, I’m having too much fun right now.’  You know, I feel like I can still do it and if you love what you do and you’re capable of doing it then, I mean I’d be so bored if I wasn’t going out there, knowing that I could still do it.  So I’m going to work hard to be ready to go and I still plan on playing for a long time.”

Barring a drastic change in performance, it’s probably safe to say that the Patriots will have Brady in their plans for quite a while as well.

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

NFL Network airing the celebration in NE today........................feeling aggravated and angry. 

Your emotional state is very important to all of us.

I would suggest turning off the daytime TV, and having a job.

Tom Brady: I still plan on playing for a long time

Posted by Josh Alper on February 6, 2017, 4:05 PM EST 634033138-e1486415096695.jpg?w=246Getty Images

The winning quarterback in last year’s Super Bowl rode off into retirement after the game.

That’s not going to happen this year and Tom Brady says that it won’t be happening at any point in the near future either. Brady has talked about playing for five more years in the past and was asked if he’s still thinking that way during an appearance on Sirius XM NFL Radio with Jim Miller.

“If it was up to my wife she would have me retire today,” Brady said. “She told me that last night three times.  And I said, ‘Too bad, babe, I’m having too much fun right now.’  You know, I feel like I can still do it and if you love what you do and you’re capable of doing it then, I mean I’d be so bored if I wasn’t going out there, knowing that I could still do it.  So I’m going to work hard to be ready to go and I still plan on playing for a long time.”

Barring a drastic change in performance, it’s probably safe to say that the Patriots will have Brady in their plans for quite a while as well.

OOOOOMMMGGGG!!! I hope that SB the Brady maybe going tô do like Manning did Last year. Let's see how the thing will be this year!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using JetNation.com mobile app

18 minutes ago, Perrone_Jets said:

OOOOOMMMGGGG!!! I hope that SB the Brady maybe going tô do like Manning did Last year. Let's see how the thing will be this year!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using JetNation.com mobile app

I wish he pulled a Manning, maybe if he got carried kicking and screaming to a SB like Peyton he would but he may have just finished his best season so unfortunately he probably has at least a few good years left to torment us.

The Patriots use an old-school training method that players hate, and it paid off big-time in the Super Bowl

Scott Davis,Business Insider 2 hours 14 minutes ago 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The Patriots use an old-school training method that players hate, and it paid off big-time in the Super Bowl

Scott Davis,Business Insider 2 hours 14 minutes ago 

yeah, they're a real bunch of junction boys.  in all honesty there is a lot of truth in this.  it's why the hurry up offense works and a team that can can get to the line quickly has an advantage.

Archived