Every throw from Mike Glennon

We're are now at the quarterpoint of the breakdowns. I will be breaking up Glennon's progress into quarters (4 games a piece) in order to see Glennon's progress on a quarterly basis on the season.

Glennon throws 43 or more times in his 4th straight game as a rookie totaling 181 throws in his first 4 games. That's an insane amount of passes for a 3rd round rookie QB. For comparison purposes, arguably the best pure passing QB in the league, Aaron Rodgers in his first full season threw 43 or more passes once, and threw 40 or more passes just 3 times in his first full season as starter. Keep in mind that this is also a guy who sat for 3 full seasons for development and didnt have his first "40 passes" game until his 8th game as a starter. Glennon has 4 in his first 4 games as a pro and with no development time and coming in as what would be considered a "3rd round talent".   For what its worth, the rookie 3rd rounder who's thrown almost 200 passes in his first 4 games so far has thrown 6TD's to 3INT's...with 2 of those INT's being in his first game as a pro. In Glennon's last 3 games Glennon has thrown 5 TD's to 1INT. Also, that 1INT against the Eagles could be debated that the WR stopped running his route and Glennon threw the ball where the WR should have been (Check out the gif's, I show two different angles of the INT). In his first 4 games Glennon has completed 58.5% of his passes, with his highest individual comp% being game 2 (60.5%) against Philly and his lowest being game 1 (55.8%) against Arizona. 

Glennon's 4th game as a pro vs. Carolina

30 of 51 for 275 yards, 1TD 0 INT's 58.8% completion rate. 

100.gif

101.gif

102.gif

103.gif

104.gif

105.gif

106.gif

107.gif

108.gif

109.gif

110.gif

111.gif

112.gif

113.gif

114.gif

115.gif

116.gif

117.gif

118.gif

119.gif

120.gif

121.gif

122.gif

123.gif

124.gif

125.gif

126.gif

127.gif

128.gif

129.gif

130.gif

131.gif

132.gif

133.gif

134.gif

135.gif

136.gif

137.gif

138.gif

139.gif

140.gif

Just want to mention on the play below, the WR here is 5'10" and Glennon just missed him. If this WR was Underwood or Jackson that would have probably been a TD. Small wide receiver yet Glennon had pretty good trajectory to get that over the head of the DB while still giving this small receiver a chance at that ball. Glennon would have thrown this ball lower the DB would have a shot to deflect it or the Dlineman in his face would have been able to bat the ball down at the LOS. Perfect example here of where height/jumping ability comes into play. If this was Charone Peake or Robbie Anderson this is a TD all day long. 

141.gif

This portion was the toughest to do given the amount of throws that Glennon actually had. A crap load of work per game just to put this together so I appreciate the words from you guys that have stated your appreciation. I've been stating for some time for people to actually watch the guy play instead of worrying about the decisions the Bucs management/coaching made, so I figured that I'd bring the plays to people instead in order to make that easier to do. 

The next 4 games will give you a glimpse of this guys potential and why I've been so enamored with his QB ability, awareness in the pocket and decision making when making his throws. 

Thanks again to the people who've shown interest. 

• Upvote 2

• 6 years later...