Who's Next to get the axe?

CanadaSteve

10 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

because Decker is signed past 2017 and there's no dead money for cutting Marshall

Sent from my SM-G920T using JetNation.com mobile app

What good comes out of it if he can't stay on the field? IIRC the dead money isn't that much especially considering he's always hurt. Marshall is a much better receiver

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, billo83 said:

What good comes out of it if he can't stay on the field? IIRC the dead money isn't that much especially considering he's always hurt. Marshall is a much better receiver

Your right about Decker being injury prone but when he is on the field he is very good

We need to keep both Marshall and Decker one more season

If I have to guess,  only Haris and Decker stay. Decker can mentor the young WR corp.plus,  he came to newyork before Mac was even here and Geno was slotted in as the team QB.

Harris is a Jet.  He's  the defensive QB since he plays middle LB. He's perfect to mentor Lee, Jenkins and Mauldin.

22 minutes ago, thadude said:

Your right about Decker being injury prone but when he is on the field he is very good

We need to keep both Marshall and Decker one more season

Oh I agree with that, although other posters have a point about taking away reps from the young pups. But I don't trust that Decker will stay healthy. He reminds me of glass jaw McGraw

This move wouldn't save us any cap space, but if a guys useless they should be cut. That guy is Matt Forte who has zero upside in sticking with us pass this season. Very mediocre and lack burst. Yes his contract is guaranteed, but take our loses and move on Bill Belicheck style. This becomes even more apparent if we draft Leonard or Cook. I think we lose a mil or two in cap space if he were to get cut but as I said it's all a sunk cost.

2 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Wait, why are we wanting to cut a #1 WR for $7mil? I won't put it past Macc to cut him though. It makes the Jets cap hell situation look much better. 

We are so deep at WR we have superstars on the bench let me refresh your memory Robbie Anderson,Jalin Marshall,Devin Smith and Charone Peake most if not on the Jets not in the NFL. 

34 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

This move wouldn't save us any cap space, but if a guys useless they should be cut. That guy is Matt Forte who has zero upside in sticking with us pass this season. Very mediocre and lack burst. Yes his contract is guaranteed, but take our loses and move on Bill Belicheck style. This becomes even more apparent if we draft Leonard or Cook. I think we lose a mil or two in cap space if he were to get cut but as I said it's all a sunk cost.

If we're paying him, he's staying. Cutting him simply adds to our salary cap. Like it or not, Forte is staying. Doesn't make financial sense. "Sunk cost" probably isn't worth it for the roster spot (53rd player on the team who probably won't do anything but ST). 

12 hours ago, JiF said:

If this regime has any brains, it's Marshall followed closely by David Harris. 

I think the opposite when it comes to Harris and here's why ... If this team is truly rebuilding and I'm sure at this point it is, Harris will be playing on a team that will have a lot of youngsters on it. His work ethic and approach to the game may very well be worth his salary for this season and then when you need money free'd up for next season you can think about cutting David Harris. Obviously Harris has lost a few steps but hes valuable in the fact he brings some integrity to a team that desperately needs it. I think that's worth 6.5 million in the lead by example category. Remember, we are going no where next season 

exactly why I think Harris should stay ..throw away season

The difference is that cutting Harris (if he won't take a significant pay cut) saves real money that can either be used for a replacement that can help the team long term or rolled forward as unused cap space. Harris is overpaid relative to market.

20 hours ago, JiF said:

Yes, I'm pointing my finger at the wrong person.  You know, the person who admitted he divided the locker room and 4 players and the Head Coach confirmed it.  The same player who had been run out of 3 other locker rooms prior to landing with the Jets.

I'm soooooo misguided. 

Pretty much, yes you are

9 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

I think the opposite when it comes to Harris and here's why ... If this team is truly rebuilding and I'm sure at this point it is, Harris will be playing on a team that will have a lot of youngsters on it. His work ethic and approach to the game may very well be worth his salary for this season and then when you need money free'd up for next season you can think about cutting David Harris. Obviously Harris has lost a few steps but hes valuable in the fact he brings some integrity to a team that desperately needs it. I think that's worth 6.5 million in the lead by example category. Remember, we are going no where next season 

There are plenty of other veterans on the team.  Harris doesnt need to be there to "mentor" the youngsters.  I think this is the most overrated theory in all of sports.  The thought that veterans just sit around developing the youngsters.  Sure, they get advice here and there and can lead by example but at this point in their careers, they've had plenty of that from HS to College.  What the reason for having 50 coaches on the team, especially a bunch of former players?  And how did Harris and his integrity serve the team this season? 

The team needs a youth movement.  All Harris is going to do is take away valuable snaps from the players that need them.  They're not going to pay him that ridiculous contract to be a mentor. If they can restructure Harris, I'm all for having him back but no way on earth you bring him back at that price to "mentor".

24 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Pretty much, yes you are

Yep!  I'm in the wrong even though the facts are:

- the player admitted his actions divided the locker room

- 4 players on the team confirmed that his actions divided the locker room

- the head coach, confirmed that his actions divided the locker room

- this is now the 4th locker room said player has destroyed.

I'm soooooooo misguided.

lmfao 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I'm soooooooo misguided.

lmfao 

completely

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

It's your EEG that is flat.

Damn dude, that's harsh and mean spirited.  These types of personnel attacks because of a disagreement will divide this board and create a black cloud over the forum.  Similar to Brandon Marshall's actions in the Jets locker room last year. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Damn dude, that's harsh and mean spirited.  These types of personnel attacks because of a disagreement will divide this board and create a black cloud over the forum.  Similar to Brandon Marshall's actions in the Jets locker room last year. 

whatever JIF.  I think you are indeed brain dead when it comes to Marshall.  You couldn't be more biased and more wrong when it comes to this issue.  You keep repeating the same drivel as well.  The locker room cancers in the Jets clubhouse was not Marshall.  It was Wilk and Richardson.  The likelihood is that Marshall will be around here, so you might want to get used to it.  

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

whatever JIF.  I think you are indeed brain dead when it comes to Marshall.  You couldn't be more biased and more wrong when it comes to this issue.  You keep repeating the same drivel as well.  The locker room cancers in the Jets clubhouse was not Marshall.  It was Wilk and Richardson.  The likelihood is that Marshall will be around here, so you might want to get used to it.  

Right except the fact that Marshall, 4 players and the Head Coach all confirmed it was Marshall's actions that divided the team.  And the fact this the 4th locker room he did this too.  Yet, you ignore those facts and state opinions and then personally attack me for stating facts.

It's cool bro.  I will love you no matter how nasty you are to me for no reason whatsoever.  But I'm right in this situation and you're not.

2 hours ago, JiF said:

I'm soooooooo misguided.

lmfao 

-The player was talking about 1 game.

-you count a player saying the message could have been delievered better and leave off where that player, Enunwa, said he owes everything to Marshall.

-The HC has repeatedly said the locker was fine and it gets overblown

-Now it's gone from one game to destroyed LR, lol

-misguided?  More like over zealous 

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

-The player was talking about 1 game.

-you count a player saying the message could have been delievered better and leave off where that player, Enunwa, said he owes everything to Marshall.

-The HC has repeatedly said the locker was fine and it gets overblown

-Now it's gone from one game to destroyed LR, lol

-misguided?  More like over zealous 

It's downright stupid.  And completely exaggerated. And he knows it.  Pretentious exaggeration.  He just hates Marshall.  It's obvious.  Maybe he's got a bias against bi-polar people?  Whatever.  Marshall has a mouth, but gives a shiit about the team a lot more than Revis, Wilk or Richardson.  All selfish, me-first players that drag down the locker room ultimately.  Gotta keep either Marshall, Decker or both to give whoever the QB is a shot at a little success.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

It's downright stupid.  And completely exaggerated. And he knows it.  Pretentious exaggeration.  He just hates Marshall.  It's obvious.  Maybe he's got a bias against bi-polar people?  Whatever.  Marshall has a mouth, but gives a shiit about the team a lot more than Revis, Wilk or Richardson.  All selfish, me-first players that drag down the locker room ultimately.  Gotta keep either Marshall, Decker or both to give whoever the QB is a shot at a little success.

Right?  Love the idea that if your to much of a rah, rah, player.  If you care too much, try to pump up the team you're destroying the locker room.  Maybe it wasn't appreciated but if it broke up the locker room there's a much bigger problem

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Right?  Love the idea that if your to much of a rah, rah, player.  If you care too much, try to pump up the team you're destroying the locker room.  Maybe it wasn't appreciated but if it broke up the locker room there's a much bigger problem

= Todd Bowles has no control over his team. ala Rex.  That's the problem with some rookie HC's it seems.  Add to that Bowles' terrible defensive scheme that doesn't work and we've got ourselves a dual headed problem all starting with the head coach.

21 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

The difference is that cutting Harris (if he won't take a significant pay cut) saves real money that can either be used for a replacement that can help the team long term or rolled forward as unused cap space. Harris is overpaid relative to market.

Makes sense to cut Marshall, Harris, Gilchrist and Jenkins and trade Richardson. Gives us $52 million which we don't have to completely use . We can look for useful but not over priced players and develop the team through the draft and with free agents that aren't someone else's castoffs. In addition, the cap money allows us to keep our own players who deserve it.

16 hours ago, YouPlay2Win said:

not sure how Decker is injury prone ? he missed last season because of a major injury . prior to that he missed 2 games in 4 or 5 seasons . doesn't seem injury prone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decker played in 2014 at 50% entire season due to a hamstring issue

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Right except the fact that Marshall, 4 players and the Head Coach all confirmed it was Marshall's actions that divided the team.  And the fact this the 4th locker room he did this too.  Yet, you ignore those facts and state opinions and then personally attack me for stating facts.

It's cool bro.  I will love you no matter how nasty you are to me for no reason whatsoever.  But I'm right in this situation and you're not.

Marshall "divided" the locker room because he called out spoiled lazy b-tches like Revis and Wilk

16 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Forte was mediocre last season but not bad enough to cut without getting a cap savings

Archived