Overrated as a motherf**ker thread

T0mShane

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, slats said:

Just stop. 

The Beatles were very clear about their influences, and their version of Roll Over, Beethoven is probably the best ever recorded. But by the time the put out Rubber Soul, it was all over. They began to break all the barriers they eventually nuked. 

early beatles was as cookie cutter commercial sell out radio rock as you will ever hear.  Rubber soul is on my top 10 best albums list.  What barriers are you talking about, recording everyday sounds in the studio ?   

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

@Larz your thoughts on billy Joel? 

I love the beatles!  I made sure my kids listened to a lot of it growing up.  The whole "original" thing with the british invasion just makes me lol

The only billy joel album I ever owned was glass houses, played it 10 times.  My favorite Billy song is miami 2017.  I can take him or leave him tbh

1 minute ago, Larz said:

early beatles was as cookie cutter commercial sell out radio rock as you will ever hear.  Rubber soul is on my top 10 best albums list.  What barriers are you talking about, recording everyday sounds in the studio ?   

That cookie cutter broke singles' records. What are you talking about? And Rubber Soul was 1966, just two years after they landed in NYC. Revolver was amazing, and nothing like Pepper had been recorded before, or has been since. They are, easily, the single greatest pop/rock music act ever. 

Everyday sounds in the studio? Seriously, wtf?

1 minute ago, slats said:

That cookie cutter broke singles' records. What are you talking about? And Rubber Soul was 1966, just two years after they landed in NYC. Revolver was amazing, and nothing like Pepper had been recorded before, or has been since. They are, easily, the single greatest pop/rock music act ever. 

Paper back writer with b side rain was my very first 45 ever. So good

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

I love the beatles!  I made sure my kids listened to a lot of it growing up.  The whole "original" thing with the british invasion just makes me lol

The only billy joel album I ever owned was glass houses, played it 10 times.  My favorite Billy song is miami 2017.  I can take him or leave him tbh

Glad we're still e-friends then. *puts away samauri sword when nobody looking 

Just now, slats said:

what is so original about having 4 months in the studio and ******* around ?

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Almond milk taste terrible. plus they don't even got nipples. I have size 14 EEE feet. Flip flops are made for the dainty of feet. I've father two children since my vasectomy . So....

Lol, I love almond milk in my cereal. My feet are a mildly dainty size 12, and I do okay. I've had no new children since my vasectomy, so I've been pretty pleased with the surgery outside of my temporarily bruised and itchy balls. 

Just now, HessStation said:

Glad we're still e-friends then. *puts away samauri sword when nobody looking 

lol.   I have vivid memories or laying around the house as a kid with the headphones on and listening to the white album over and over.  

4 minutes ago, slats said:

Lol, I love almond milk in my cereal. My feet are a mildly dainty size 12, and I do okay. I've had no new children since my vasectomy, so I've been pretty pleased with the surgery outside of my temporarily bruised and itchy balls. 

Ok on milk it's mildly tolerable. I have had two vasectomies. LOL

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Almond milk taste terrible. plus they don't even got nipples. I have size 14 EEE feet. Flip flops are made for the dainty of feet. I've father two children since my vasectomy . So....

I know alpha male isn't one of NY's 31 officially recognized genders, but that's how I think of you

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

what is so original about having 4 months in the studio and ******* around ?

I have crappy wifi here, and I'm done being trolled. Bands today spend years putting a recording together. John Lennon wrote Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite, and A Day in the Life over the course of a couple days. Every other songwriter on Earth hopes they can write three songs on that level over the course of their lives. 

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Non-wooden cutting boards

Claiming there isn't any good rap made anymore.

Having discussions about if the Beatles are overrated.

Boomer Esiason

Political debates on social media

Drake

Crappy salt

Crappy pepper

Horseback riding

Drake

Water

I was just gonna say there isn't any good rap anymore. giphy.gif

Just now, slats said:

I have crappy wifi here, and I'm done being trolled. Bands today spend years putting a recording together. John Lennon wrote Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite, and A Day in the Life over the course of a couple days. Every other songwriter on Earth hopes they can write three songs on that level over the course of their lives. 

you are confusing popularity and originality.  its very subjective. 

I will admit to pulling your chain, I love the beatles, but if you want to talk about originality you have to acknowledge the life spring, chuck, james, richard 

pet sounds was equally influential

see, I just can't help myself

I understand the irony of posting this on my PC, but electronic entertainment is over rated

I am so happy I grew up in a tiny town in the 70's and we played kick ball all day and being inside was punishment

Just now, Larz said:

I understand the irony of posting this on my PC, but electronic entertainment is over rated

I am so happy I grew up in a tiny town in the 70's and we played kick ball all day and being inside was punishment

Shots around the board. *cheers to that

Archived