Overrated as a motherf**ker thread

T0mShane

Derek Jeter

James Worthy

Lynn Swann (how the hell is the guy in the HOF)

Cecil Fielder (hit 51 homers once and that's about it)

Bruce Springsteen (Future of Rock N' Roll? He wasn't even the future of Rock N' Roll in the NY/NJ area.  See the Ramones.)

Jim Morrison (great front man, terrible poet)

Eric Clapton (English guy who was able to passably copy a lot of other Chicago blues legends like Buddy Guy)

Quality of Health Care in the US (for the cost of a major operation you can go to a European country and **** up the organ of your choice and still get the surgery done with money to spare.)

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

A -5 for this??  I don't know how I rank Floyd and Zep compared to each other (my 2 fav of all time) but they are both absolutely better than the Beatles (at least IMO).

Weird bc Floyd, Zeppelin and the Beatles are basically my threee favorite classic rock bands. I've probably listened to all three combined more than any other three bands pre-90.

it would be really hard for me to rank them. 

8 hours ago, HessStation said:

Radiohead is not overrated Not their fault they coincidentally started the hipster movement. Ok computer is better than your favorite album.

Aren't you over 40 now? WTF are yo still arguing over who likes what band for?

They aren't nearly as good as the ball-cupping praise they get. Same as Pearl Jam. They've both become brands that we select to say something about ourselves. The music is meaningless at that point.

Paul's Boutique is probably my favorite album, but I don't argue about it like a frat boy trying to talk about Impressionism, like most people do when 'favorite bands' comes up.

7 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Big capoeira fan are ya? 

Yes. I spend all day online trying to convince strangers I'm a foremost authority on it. Like you with comic books, movies and hip hop, basically.

NY Pizza

In the 80's it was legendary, and good pizza was truly hard to find elsewhere. Now, great pizza is global, you just have to know how to look... while s lot of NY pizza got mediocre because the people making it got careless, thinking all NY pizza is great.

Flame on.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

NY Pizza

In the 80's it was legendary, and good pizza was truly hard to find elsewhere. Now, great pizza is global, you just have to know how to look... while s lot of NY pizza got mediocre because the people making it got careless, thinking all NY pizza is great.

Flame on.

Yeah, NY has good spots and bad spots just like any other place in the US. Feel the same about bagels.

37 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Aren't you over 40 now? WTF are yo still arguing over who likes what band for?

They aren't nearly as good as the ball-cupping praise they get. Same as Pearl Jam. They've both become brands that we select to say something about ourselves. The music is meaningless at that point.

Paul's Boutique is probably my favorite album, but I don't argue about it like a frat boy trying to talk about Impressionism, like most people do when 'favorite bands' comes up.

You're so above all that Ape.

27 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

NY Pizza

Flame on.

The worse NY pizza I ever had was still pretty damn good. 

39 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

The worse NY pizza I ever had was still pretty damn good. 

I have to agree. Take some of what passes for Pizza in the mid-west and even Pizza from the worst joint in NY is better than it. Hey anyone know if Rosa Pizzeria is still around? Those who have tasted it will know what I'm talkin' about.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Yes. I spend all day online trying to convince strangers I'm a foremost authority on it. Like you with comic books, movies and hip hop, basically.

Nice try funny guy. I was an expert with Eddie in Tekken and I've also seen Only the Strong like 50 times, so you're gonna have to take a backseat on that one too.

8 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Nice try funny guy. I was an expert with Eddie in Tekken and I've also seen Only the Strong like 50 times, so you're gonna have to take a backseat on that one too.

I made two Kentucky fried movie references the other day and NOBODY got them. 

Archived