Overrated as a motherf**ker thread

T0mShane

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, HessStation said:

Oh I couldn't imagine seeing him play or anyone play an album like Nebraska live unless I was in a little bar drunk by my self. It would be a ******* snooze fest otherwise. But it's a great album for long car rides or laid back time etc. The E Street dance/faster rock n roll songs by Bruce, for me, sorta lame. Sorta out of my time warp. Talented dude though, very talented. And MUCH better than Billy Joel. Besides most of Born in USA, there isn't too many songs I "hate" by him. 

That New Orleans Jazz thing he was doing for a bit was cool too. 

Not a fan either per se, but Ghost of Tom Joad is a fine album, and there are many fine Springsteen songs. The ones I like tend to be outside 'the Springsteen fan' sphere of the big concert hall Springsteen.

4 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Not a fan either per se, but Ghost of Tom Joad is a fine album, and there are many fine Springsteen songs. The ones I like tend to be outside 'the Springsteen fan' sphere of the big concert hall Springsteen.

Same here pretty much.

meanwhile Billy Joel still sucks

15 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Big complicated rolls are stupid and wholly American. But an immaculate piece of sushi grade salmon is the food of gods.

10 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Sashimi. For God's sake get the sashimi.

I will take this under advisement. In the four times I've tried it, it's been like someone jammed a whole avocado in my mouth that was housing a fetid goldfish corpse and cabbage.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I will take this under advisement. In the four times I've tried it, it's been like someone jammed a whole avocado in my mouth that was housing a fetid goldfish corpse and cabbage.

Stop talking and start listening. Get the sashimi friend. 

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Avocado, cabbages, sauces, cream cheese, that's all bullsh*t. Real sushi is a small quality selected piece of fish on top of sushi rice with MAYBE a dab of soy sauce. It's delicious by every standard imaginable and if you have never had a real piece of fatty tuna on top of real, crafted sushi rice in your life you are missing the **** out. All you can eat and even some of the trendy places can be fine depending on your preferences, but it's not remotely comparable to the real sh*t.

12 hours ago, HessStation said:

You're so above all that Ape.

So.

12 hours ago, The Crusher said:

The worse NY pizza I ever had was still pretty damn good. 

I'm not saying NY pizza is awful. I'm saying that the exclusivity of good pizza to NY is an out-dated notion. That's all. I've had good pizza up and down the east coast, in the midwest, and on the west coast. It exists. 

10 hours ago, HessStation said:

Ape is the angry hipster he hates to be. Like the snake eating it's tail. But furry and extremely aggressive. 

lol, settle down goofball

10 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Nice try funny guy. I was an expert with Eddie in Tekken and I've also seen Only the Strong like 50 times, so you're gonna have to take a backseat on that one too.

Solid way to handle a kidney punch.

10 hours ago, HessStation said:

I made two Kentucky fried movie references the other day and NOBODY got them. 

People have given up on paying attention to you, old friend. I read you posts out of reflex now, like George telling Lenny about the rabbits...

10 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Apester. 

:)

10 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Avocado, cabbages, sauces, cream cheese, that's all bullsh*t. Real sushi is a small quality selected piece of fish on top of sushi rice with MAYBE a dab of soy sauce. It's delicious by every standard imaginable and if you have never had a real piece of fatty tuna on top of real, crafted sushi rice in your life you are missing the **** out. All you can eat and even some of the trendy places can be fine depending on your preferences, but it's not remotely comparable to the real sh*t.

At this point I just get Sashimi. Taste better and I can push it off as a low carb meal. Making me AND Mrs Crusher happy. 

27 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

At this point I just get Sashimi. Taste better and I can push it off as a low carb meal. Making me AND Mrs Crusher happy. 

At an average place I'm going with salmon sashimi and I'm usually a happy idiot. Tuna isn't worth the risk because the probability that you are getting dyed tilapia are way too high. If I'm at a place with the real sh*t you better believe I'm getting omakase and letting the chef work his magic.

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

At an average place I'm going with salmon sashimi and I'm usually a happy idiot. Tuna isn't worth the risk because the probability that you are getting died tilapia are way too high.

That's why I go to the same place. The Itame has full control of everything from product to cut. I only go when he is there. Plus I love the disgusted face and eye roll he gives my kids when they order a California or Phidelphi roll. 

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Avocado is disgusting and one of the reasons I hate sushi.  It's like you cant make a roll with out Avocado. 

Sashimi is just fish.  If you like fish, what's not to like?  It's just raw and fresh raw fish.  It's delicious, depending on the species. 

12 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

At an average place I'm going with salmon sashimi and I'm usually a happy idiot. Tuna isn't worth the risk because the probability that you are getting dyed tilapia are way too high. If I'm at a place with the real sh*t you better believe I'm getting omakase and letting the chef work his magic.

Tomago.

16 hours ago, HessStation said:

Oh I couldn't imagine seeing him play or anyone play an album like Nebraska live unless I was in a little bar drunk by my self. It would be a ******* snooze fest otherwise. But it's a great album for long car rides or laid back time etc. The E Street dance/faster rock n roll songs by Bruce, for me, sorta lame. Sorta out of my time warp. Talented dude though, very talented. And MUCH better than Billy Joel. Besides most of Born in USA, there isn't too many songs I "hate" by him. 

That New Orleans Jazz thing he was doing for a bit was cool too. 

I don't know.  I loved the first three Bruce albums.  Songs like Blinded By the Light, Born to Run and 10th Avenue Freezeout are staples of my diet to this day.  From then on, it was all meh.  Pretty much coincided with him shacking up with the model/actress he subsequently divorced.  Much like Billy Joel, who was awesome until he went and got all gooey with Christine Brinkley (for which I cannot blame him but still....music first!).  Lennon pre- and post-Yoko.  Same thing.  Women weaken the legs, Rocky!

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

Avocado is disgusting and one of the reasons I hate sushi.  It's like you cant make a roll with out Avocado. 

Sashimi is just fish.  If you like fish, what's not to like?  It's just raw and fresh raw fish.  It's delicious, depending on the species. 

Sushi is awesome.  I used to gag when my friends would order that stuff at a Japanese restaurant, then I got stationed in Korea and whaddayaknow...better sushi in Korea than in Melbourne, FL.

Love it.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Sushi is awesome.  I used to gag when my friends would order that stuff at a Japanese restaurant, then I got stationed in Korea and whaddayaknow...better sushi in Korea than in Melbourne, FL.

Love it.

I hate it and its stupid. 

Archived