Overrated as a motherf**ker thread

T0mShane

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Kevin James, lol. 

Im from LI but this guy plays the angle WAY TOO MUCH. Plus he's not funny. I tried to watch his new show, even the premise made me sick of a bunch of way too young retired Long Island cops & fireman making bad jokes. It's just too damn realistic!

Plus he gets the hot young wife? C'mon. I watched one episode and just shook my head. The guy is just another fat guy with a tiny head going through the motions.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Plus he gets the hot young wife? C'mon. I watched one episode and just shook my head. The guy is just another fat guy with a tiny head going through the motions.

Is it politically incorrect to say I hate that sitcom with the kid in the wheelchair too? Minnie Drivers voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

53 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Is it politically incorrect to say I hate that sitcom with the kid in the wheelchair too? Minnie Drivers voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

I don't know. I never watched that show but it looks like just another piece of sh*t they pass off as watchable TV.

Bruce Springsteen

Bill Parcells

Tomato Sauce being described as "Gravy"

New York City

The Yankees

Any Hip Hop/Rap artist, ever.

Mixed Martial Arts

Woody Allen and Mel Brooks

The entire states of California and Massachusetts

J.J. Abrams

The Office and Parks and Recreation

The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, The John Oliver Show

Donald Trump

Almost any Movie Remake

Blond Hair

The U.S. Actions leading up to WWII, and the U.S. Contribution to WWII

College Sports, but especially the "March Madness"

5 hours ago, HessStation said:

I'm not even a Springsteen fan. He's just better than Billy Joel is all. At least Nebraska and Ghost of Tom Joad are good records. 

I was a huge Springsteen fan until that record came out. Its been all down hill since. I was one of those guys who would go to every show when he played the Garden, Coliseum, and at that time the Brendan Byre Arena in the Meadowlands. My pals and I used to go out to the Stone Pony in Asbury Park just to try and see him or one of the E street guys play. It happened more than you would think too. Bruce was great but went downhill fast.

14 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

I was a huge Springsteen fan until that record came out. Its been all down hill since. I was one of those guys who would go to every show when he played the Garden, Coliseum, and at that time the Brendan Byre Arena in the Meadowlands. My pals and I used to go out to the Stone Pony in Asbury Park just to try and see him or one of the E street guys play. It happened more than you would think too. Bruce was great but went downhill fast.

Oh I couldn't imagine seeing him play or anyone play an album like Nebraska live unless I was in a little bar drunk by my self. It would be a ******* snooze fest otherwise. But it's a great album for long car rides or laid back time etc. The E Street dance/faster rock n roll songs by Bruce, for me, sorta lame. Sorta out of my time warp. Talented dude though, very talented. And MUCH better than Billy Joel. Besides most of Born in USA, there isn't too many songs I "hate" by him. 

That New Orleans Jazz thing he was doing for a bit was cool too. 

22 hours ago, Kevin L said:

Pink Floyd>Led Zeppelin>The Beatles

A -5 for this??  I don't know how I rank Floyd and Zep compared to each other (my 2 fav of all time) but they are both absolutely better than the Beatles (at least IMO).

9 hours ago, GandWFan said:

agree with Mike Piazza.  Big Mets fan back then.   If we were up by 2+ runs in the 8th, he would crush one out.  Down by 2, no way.  Strike out.  Hated the Yanks, but always admired Jeter.  He was clutch.  Piazza, not so much.

I can't disagree more on Piazza.  The guy almost more or less carried the Mets' offense to the playoffs and a world series.  As for not clutch, you don't remember his HR in game 6 against the Braves in 1999 when we trailed 3-0 (and then 3-2)?  And just in general, he was one of the only clutch guys on those teams (Edgardo Alfonzo was as well, of course).

Archived