Rich Cimini and Manish Mehta arrogantly put it upon themselves to annoint Mccown the week 1 starter.

Jetsbb

5 minutes ago, thadude said:

Sure Sanchez had competition.  It was in the form of crappy 2nd and 3rd string qb's who were on the same level or better than Petty and Hack.

He had 41 year old Mark Brunell.

The only competition was to see if he would sleep with Brunell's daughter

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
 There's a good chance McClown  is the best quarterback on the team. 

There's a chance... and you've got to come out of 2017 being absolutely certain of what Hack or Petty are or aren't. Best case, one is 2018 starter and ymthe other backs him up, worst case they're both gone and we d re aft 2018 starter at any cost, sign a vet backup. Reality probably so where I between, but we gotta know by the end of this season.

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg can't beat Josh McCown in a QB competition, that says a lot about Petty and Hackenberg.

If McCown wins the competition, start him. I just want it to be fair

If McCown wins the competition release him because he failed to teach Petty and Hack how to beat a scrub.

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I think we are the only team in the league that has its beat writers actively rooting against them. Those two are garbage. 

I was in miami on business around 2003 during the season, I was amazed by how much the media fawned over them.  it was an odd experience, lol

12 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

im not the oldest jet fan but ever since i can remember out guys have always been against us. Could we get someone who at least pretended to give a crap about the team or fans? Instead of the constant negative smug crap we get.

We get the negative smug crap from half of the fanbase , why should the writers be any different.

If Hack is even 70% as good as Mccown he'll start.  If he's not then he sucks and playing him doesn't do anything for the future of this franchise either.

Petty is the 3rd stringer..  If they had gotten a QB in the first 5 rounds of the draft he'd be cut.

You can't play a garbage QB when everyone knows there's better on the roster and expect the team to respect you.  That's what happened last year when they kept trotting out the worst QB in the league in Fitzpuketrick.  He completely destroyed team morale.

This notion that you can play to lose all year and expect the team to magically turn it around the following year is absurd.  You play to win. 

I'm hopeful Hack wins the job but I don't want it handed to him.  That's the kind of bullsh-t that led to last years disaster.

7 minutes ago, GKnight83 said:

Personally I do not think there are two dumber people on the planet than RC and MM!

Tough challenge. 

If we are limiting to sports journalists, I nominate Stephen A Smith and Dan Leberfeld.  Open the aperture a little wider, and Jim Dolan absolutely takes the crown.

Archived