Stop The Crap

Smashmouth

19 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Phil Jackson is actually considering trading away the one good thing he did: Kristaps Porzingas for skipping exit meetings.

Not to derail this thread into a Knicks tirade. I agree about the dysfunction of the Knicks and a lot of it has to do with Phil, but even more of it has to do with Dolan. BUT Phil wanted the following for KP: Jae Crowder, Jaylen Brown, #3 overall pick this year, Brooklyn's unprotected lottery pick next year. That is a BOAT LOAD and frankly, a fleecing of Boston. Sure, if KP turns out to be Larry Bird, its a bad deal.

But Jaylen Brown has a ton of potential- uber athlete who plays defense and is developing a nice outside shot. Crowder is a hard-nosed, classic NY Knicks type of player who does the dirty work (rebounds, defends), has decent handle for a guy his size and can even contribute as a scorer. At #3 they would have probably taken Josh Jackson or D.Fox- 2 super talented rookies. At #8 they could have taken Monk or Dennis Smith Jr. Then next year they would have probably had 2 lottery picks- their own and Brooklyn's.

So stop it with the KP hysteria. Phil has done a lot of questionable things but if he pulled off the deal he wanted for KP it would have loaded up the Knicks with a ton of young talent.  

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

In two years, Idzik took the worst cap situation in the league and turned it into the best cap situation in the league, all the while being opposed by a cockroach head coach and his sycophants in the media. And betting on Geno in round two was a thousand times more defensible than drafting Hack in round two.

and in one year Macc jettisoned all the dead wood vets that basically let us down and gave them a chance to hook up with other teams all while doing exactly what you said your hero Idzik did ..... fact is Macc did it better by freeing up 80 mil rather than just 50 and still having to deal with the horrible drafts Idzik had while in the GM spot.

Stop blaming Macc for what Woody forced on him. 

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

The best solution may be to stop reading, I'd think?

55 minutes ago, gEYno said:

So, if I'm understanding, basically, all we need is all our young players to turn into good players, which always happens, and we'll be just fine.  So, can someone change my username to: ChadHansenIsDaFuture?

No I don't have to stop reading I read about the Jets every day to get information I might otherwise not have. In doing so I read a lot of stupidity along the way. All we as Jets fans have at this stage is hope, something a lot of people on this forum would rather take the time to make fun of. We have 80 mil in cap space some good young promising talent and the very good chance we get one of the top 3 QB's next year so why not be freaking positive rather than just shooting everything down like some here do ? This is not directed at you personally based on you're quotes above its a general statement based on the current standing of our football team. 

1 minute ago, dolphann4life said:

oh fellas.....it's going to be a really tough year.

Agreed.  The Dolphags are going to have a tough run during that 2nd half of the year.  The schedule is brutal.  They'll be lucky to win 3 games during that stretch.  Which I'm sure will make it a tough year.  Going to the playoffs, getting roasted by the Steelers and then not making the playoffs the next season.  sh*t stings.  Well, then again, it probably doesnt since the last time the Dolphags won a playoff game was at the turn of the century.

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

"Hey anybody here know if the crap has stopped yet?" smashmouth wants to know. 

there will always be crap crush I just don't want it polluting my team when its obvious the direction we are going, and Im not talking  tanking the season im talking re build

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

there will always be crap crush I just don't want it polluting my team when its obvious the direction we are going, and Im not talking  tanking the season im talking re build

Call it whatever you want, the next 2 years won't be pretty...

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Agreed.  The Dolphags are going to have a tough run during that 2nd half of the year.  The schedule is brutal.  They'll be lucky to win 3 games during that stretch.  Which I'm sure will make it a tough year.  Going to the playoffs, getting roasted by the Steelers and then not making the playoffs the next season.  sh*t stings.  Well, then again, it probably doesnt since the last time the Dolphags won a playoff game was at the turn of the century.

Jif...staaahp! While the schedule looks brutal the same could be said about last years and we managed 10 wins. Love the young core on offense (Ajayi 24, Stills 25, Parker 24, Landry 24,) Defense should be improved. I mean how can it not be? Dreadful last year and we added Timmons to the LB corp and a young pass rusher in Charles Harris through the draft as well as getting back Safety Reshad Jones from the acl inury. Gase's second year. Front office in perfect sync. It's a good time to be a Fins Fan!

5 hours ago, JiF said:

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree.  This isnt year 1 of a rebuild, it's year 3 of a rebuild and the team is much worse today than it was 3 years ago.  The Jets have mediocre talent in all the non-premium positions and that's where they put the focus of the rebuild.

I too am super excited about the chances of having the ever so important super safety tandem but who the **** knows how good they're going to be...does Adams live up to the 6th overall pick?  Does Maye make you forget all the talent at premium positions the Jets passed on when they selected him?  Are the 2 rookie WR's even worthy of playing in the NFL? We dont have those answers but looking at what Big Mac has done so far, it's very fair to think they'll all disappoint.  As of right now, the Jets are putting their faith in 2 7th round pick WR's, a UDFA and 2 rookies with an injury history and they're 3rd and 4th round picks.  That's typically not a recipe for success but we'll see.

The DL is a mismatch and I have zero faith in the coaching staff figuring it out.  They have stiffs for pass rushers.  Darron Lee is a spectator.  They have nothing at CB but hope and 1 year rent vet who has a history of sucking.  

The OL is meh.  Matt Forte is 75.  Bilal Powell is the model of consistency and a good all around player...but there is nothing on either fronts that you can point to the future and be happy about. 

And then there's that kind of important position called a Quarterback and that whole situation is cluster **** of sh*t.

So yeah, it's pretty bad.

How can you make that statement ?? Macc came here and its obvious Woody told him lets give it a shot to win now. Fitz started the first year and did well ...we got lucky but we did have some players who had great seasons that year and FA's that stepped in and lit it up Like Marshall Carpenter who stepped in and played very well. In year 2 after going 10-6 it seemed we might be a few players away yet there were still no QB's other there to be had so we went with Fitz again who was in all reality the only damn option we had and it failed. But we didn't fail just because of Fitz we failed because the Coach let this team go completely wheels off both on the field and in the locker room and he had no answer for it.

At that stage is when we went into re build mode not tow years ago and that to me seems very obvious. It also seems it was at the owners order.

5 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

All I care about is the  demise  of the Dolphins. They will have a big test this year, let see how Tannehill reacts after his knee injury. I think Gase had a good first year and is good with his QB's. Let's see how they do with a tougher schedule, as last year they only beat 2 or 3 teams over .500. Fu*ck the Dolphins. 

I always do too.  Right now getting our team in order is much more important though.  We have a ways to go

6 minutes ago, peebag said:

Call it whatever you want, the next 2 years won't be pretty...

That's much more possible than us doing great but that's not the point of this thread since we all know that already. The point of this thread is after trying to win the last 2 years and making our attempt to do so we failed and now it was time to get rid of a bunch of old vets that were obviously not in the cards for a rebuild both for their careers and for the Jets current needs.

22 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Healthy Claiborne?

Decker and Harris would've made the list. For the sake of this discussion the Jets should have kept those guys for $15 million. 

A "Healthy Claiborne" is like Bigfoot, the Yeti, or a unicorn. 

I don't know that it's so clear they should have kept either one (Harris in particular, and even more so given the HC's fetish with putting every rostered veteran on the field). I could make a far better argument for keeping Decker, since he's only 30 and is a full time starter, but there are multiple good reasons to have let him go.

Put it this way: Miami could have picked up either Harris or Decker for pretty cheap if they really felt either were upgrades. 

26 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

How can you make that statement ?? Macc came here and its obvious Woody told him lets give it a shot to win now. Fitz started the first year and did well ...we got lucky but we did have some players who had great seasons that year and FA's that stepped in and lit it up Like Marshall Carpenter who stepped in and played very well. In year 2 after going 10-6 it seemed we might be a few players away yet there were still no QB's other there to be had so we went with Fitz again who was in all reality the only damn option we had and it failed. But we didn't fail just because of Fitz we failed because the Coach let this team go completely wheels off both on the field and in the locker room and he had no answer for it.

At that stage is when we went into re build mode not tow years ago and that to me seems very obvious. It also seems it was at the owners order.

On 6/6/2017 at 10:49 PM, dbatesman said:

Has anyone gone with the take that every bad thing that's happened so far is Woody's fault, and we should all give Maccagnan the benefit of the doubt because now he's finally getting a chance to build the team his way? Because if not, I'll go ahead and put my name on that.

lmao

23 minutes ago, dolphann4life said:

Jif...staaahp! While the schedule looks brutal the same could be said about last years and we managed 10 wins. Love the young core on offense (Ajayi 24, Stills 25, Parker 24, Landry 24,) Defense should be improved. I mean how can it not be? Dreadful last year and we added Timmons to the LB corp and a young pass rusher in Charles Harris through the draft as well as getting back Safety Reshad Jones from the acl inury. Gase's second year. Front office in perfect sync. It's a good time to be a Fins Fan!

Broseph - your team beat 1 team with a winning record last season, the Steelers at home.  The same team who proceeded to boat race you cream puffs in the playoffs.  Your wins last year: Jets twice, Bills twice, Browns, Cardinals, 49'ers, Rams, Chargers - literally the dregs of the NFL.  Nothing to be proud of. Your year was very similar to Bowles 1st season here.  Except you beat up on sh*tty teams while you were statistically a middle of the road in every measurable team category where the Jets actually were top 10 in those categories.  The only difference was, you had a year where 10 wins got you into the playoffs and the Jets did not.  I wasnt fooled by this "success" and neither should you. 

That said, you do have a stable of young talent on the team and are certainly head and shoulders above the Jets but I wouldnt expect another trip the playoffs if I were you.  I see 8-8 in your future.   

58 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I can make that statement because 3 years ago the Jets were rebuilding and 3 years later the Jets stripped everything down and are rebuilding again.  This is a factual statement based on actual real life events.   Not conjecture like - Woody made him do it!!!  Which nobody will ever be able to prove or disprove.  

I personally dont think an owner turns over a new regime after a 4-12 season and demands to win now the very next year.  Especially when both the GM and Head Coach were rookies and the GM had no say in his Head Coach.  Especially when their starter coming into the season was Geno Smith. Woody is stupid but I dont believe for one second that he thought he Mac and Bolwes could step in and win immediately.  

Mac had money to spend and he spent it poorly, to say the least.  So poorly, he's having to correct all his mistakes 3 years later hence a rebuild 3 years after a rebuild. That's the facts.  It is what is it.  I dont know why people want to try and make it out to be something different. Because you know damn well, if last season went as planned and the Jets were coming in with similar expectations, then the story-line wouldnt be about tanking or a rebuild...it would be about how the Jets 2015 executive of the year rebuilt the Jets in 1 offsesaon.  

Cant have it both ways, my man. 

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

I can make that statement because 3 years ago the Jets were rebuilding and 3 years later the Jets stripped everything down and are rebuilding again.  This is a factual statement based on actual real life events.   Not conjecture like - Woody made him do it!!!  Which nobody will ever be able to prove or disprove.  

I personally dont think an owner turns over a new regime  after a 4-12 season and demands to win now the very next year.  Especially when both the GM and Head Coach were rookies and the GM had no say in his Head Coach.  Especially when they're starter coming into the season was Geno Smith. Woody is stupid but I dont believe for one second that he thought he Mac and Bolwes could step in and win immediately.  

Mac had money to spend and he spent it poorly, to say the least.  So poorly, he's having to correct all his mistakes 3 years later hence a rebuild 3 years after a rebuild. That's the facts.  It is what is it.  I dont know why people want to try and make it out to be something different. Because you know damn well, if last season went as planned and the Jets were coming in with similar expectations, then the story-line wouldnt be about tanking or a rebuild...it would be about how the Jets 2015 executive of the year rebuilt the Jets in 1 offsesaon.  

Cant have it both ways, my man. 

Everything good - Macc

Everything bad - Bowles

Everything really bad - Woody

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

No I don't have to stop reading I read about the Jets every day to get information I might otherwise not have. In doing so I read a lot of stupidity along the way. All we as Jets fans have at this stage is hope, something a lot of people on this forum would rather take the time to make fun of. We have 80 mil in cap space some good young promising talent and the very good chance we get one of the top 3 QB's next year so why not be freaking positive rather than just shooting everything down like some here do ? This is not directed at you personally based on you're quotes above its a general statement based on the current standing of our football team. 

Hope is fine.  Hope is not facts.  If you want to have an objective discussion of the Jets, there's going to be a lot of facts, most of which aren't pretty.  If you want to have a hope based discussion of the Jets, that's fine too.  But, facts are no stupidity.  Stupidity is pretending hope is facts.

9 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Everything good - Macc

Everything bad - Bowles

Everything really bad - Woody

It's literally as if people truly think Mac's big idea was - let me dump a sh*t ton of money on a bunch of sh*tty vets, trade picks for vets and completely revamp the secondary with the intent to cut them all 2 years later because that's when the real rebuild will start.  

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

A "Healthy Claiborne" is like Bigfoot, the Yeti, or a unicorn. 

I don't know that it's so clear they should have kept either one (Harris in particular, and even more so given the HC's fetish with putting every rostered veteran on the field). I could make a far better argument for keeping Decker, since he's only 30 and is a full time starter, but there are multiple good reasons to have let him go.

Put it this way: Miami could have picked up either Harris or Decker for pretty cheap if they really felt either were upgrades. 

Yeah I was not advocating keeping on 15 million in salary cap in order for some jet fans to feel better on a message board. I tried to sarcasm, I failed to sarcasm

23 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I agree with everything smashmouth is saying. There comes a point where it's just like "Stfu already" media and fan base wise. I have seen teams who look even worse on paper go on to have successful seasons. This is about player progression and seeing if these draft picks can stand on their own two feet and carve out a role on this team by taking as many live reps as possible. This is an awesome reason to be excited and all I hear is "Jets are tanking" .. "Jets are the worst team ever" ... "Browns have never been this bad" when we haven't even gotten into training camp yet. I can't even enjoy NFL network without them all laughing with each other and sh*tting on my team left and right. It's super unprofessional but it's whatever. nobody can help themselves on a Jets segment and it's pitiful. Let them step on the damn field first before we start bashing to the extent everyone is already bashing them to.

Absolutely agree. The Jets have bit the bullet and are going young and it will be fun in a potentially tortured way and interesting to see how it develops. Yep they could crash and burn but that is the risk of cleaning house. Agree sick of the whining. Just wait until they lose a few. Prediction: The Jets' defense and special teams will be best it's been in a long time and will keep them competitive.

10 hours ago, whodeawhodat said:

It usually takes 3 - 5 years to fully evaluate a draft, except in Idzik's case where there is almost nobody left on the roster to evaluate.  you can pretty much say he sucked 2 years after, quite the embarrassment when you consider how many shots he had in the draft...

And Mac's drafts have been better?

10 hours ago, slats said:

Tannenbaum's last draft and Idzik's two drafts should be the young nucleus of this team, instead, it's a lot of guys who aren't in the NFL any longer.  

That said, Maccagnan seems to be operating by the seat of his pants with no overall plan in sight. He has his own issues. 

No the 2015 and 2016 drafts should be the nucleus instead one of the second round picks isn't even on the roster and the other doesn't deserve to be and the rest of the players not named Leonard Williams all stink

7 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Hope is a good thing. Delusional thinking is another. Macc will spend that money no doubt. The problem is that if Hack shows even a little improvement MACC WILL NOT DRAFT A QB. He can't. Not where Hack was drafted. If he does he will be admitting he screwed up and will basically sign his own death warrant.If Hack sucks I fully expect him to go for the quick fix and not draft a QB but sign a FA. That could spell disaster for the coming seasons.

So while I want the Jets to succeed Macc based on his track record is not to be trusted with that cap money or that high draft pick you so desire. This franchise is in a state of flux and the moves made in the coming seasons will shape the future of this franchise for years to come. So far Macc has not exactly inspired confidence with his moves and while I HOPE he makes the right moves his history does not make me confident he will.

50 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Hope is a good thing. Delusional thinking is another. Macc will spend that money no doubt. The problem is that if Hack shows even a little improvement MACC WILL NOT DRAFT A QB. He can't. Not where Hack was drafted. If he does he will be admitting he screwed up and will basically sign his own death warrant.If Hack sucks I fully expect him to go for the quick fix and not draft a QB but sign a FA. That could spell disaster for the coming seasons.

So while I want the Jets to succeed Macc based on his track record is not to be trusted with that cap money or that high draft pick you so desire. This franchise is in a state of flux and the moves made in the coming seasons will shape the future of this franchise for years to come. So far Macc has not exactly inspired confidence with his moves and while I HOPE he makes the right moves his history does not make me confident he will.

LOL

On 6/23/2017 at 8:53 PM, thadude said:

No the 2015 and 2016 drafts should be the nucleus instead one of the second round picks isn't even on the roster and the other doesn't deserve to be and the rest of the players not named Leonard Williams all stink

Still blaming Macc because his first 2nd round pick has been injured.  How foolish is that?  Guess Macc is the only GM who has had this happen to him?  Would have been acceptable if Smith was a 6th rounder?

Stop whining and think

16 hours ago, thadude said:

Again the reason there is no depth is Idzik not Mac... The majority of Mac's picks are still too young to even know how they will fair..... Unless they are a first rounder they aren't expected to start immediately... they can and that is a luxury. But even with that some first rounders need time to develop themselves.

Idzik's draft should be in the 4th and 5th year... this should be the heart and soul of the Jets... Out of 19 draft picks 4 are on the team (McDougal has a tryout) Enunwa (Potential Number 1 WR), Dozier (Back-up, might not make the team),  Winters (Starter) and Sheldon (Trade-able).

Archived