Found a couple of good games from the 1998 season on Youtube

jetscrazey

to remind us of happier times....

1998 - Jets @ Patriots MNF (Vinny hits Dedric Ward to put the nail in the coffin in Parcells return to Foxboro)

1998 Divisional Playoff - Jags @ Jets - The last time we hosted a divisional playoff game.  A feel-good day.  I remember it being that clear, sunny, and cold. (first video cuts off 10 min before the end)

Last 10 minutes of above game...

2 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

1998 - Jets @ Patriots MNF (Vinny hits Dedric Ward to put the nail in the coffin in Parcell's return to Foxboro)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogMiEwixvvw

1998 Divisional Playoff - Jags @ Jets - The last time we hosted a divisional playoff game.  A feel-good day.  I remember it being that clear, sunny, and cold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rO0HnpAW60

1982, 1998, 2009, 2010 all great years not only because we made it one game from the SB but because we actually played at an elite level to get there and it was a thing of beauty.( honestly you can make 2009 an exception because we got lucky even getting in the playoffs 09' but we did have a huge stretch of games where the defense played as good as any defense I ever seen a team field.)

I get this from YouTube all The Time. It's creepy because I never watch jets videos on YouTube, it's Just The browser telling YouTube what to suggest for me

Lovely

Anywho it suggested the 98 bronco's game for me this morning

Fml

I don't know what's more painful: thinking about this upcoming season or thinking about '98. We definitely would have beaten the Falcons had Victor Green not busted his coverage and allowed the Broncos to get back into the game in the second half of the AFCCG. 

The Chiefs game in the monsoon when John Hall kicked the winner was a good one. 

The phantom Vinny TD vs. Seattle and Joey Galloway was a good one.

The Foley-Young shootout on opening day, followed by the Hearst 96 yard run in OT was a fabulous game.

Lots of good games that season.

32 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

I don't know what's more painful: thinking about this upcoming season or thinking about '98. We definitely would have beaten the Falcons had Victor Green not busted his coverage and allowed the Broncos to get back into the game in the second half of the AFCCG. 

there were countless offensive turnovers to blame that game as well

by the way, for those that don't know.  we have a thread w/ old games, pregames and highlights.  some of the earlier ones may have been removed but I try to find and post updated ones.  click the link to see many more:

17 hours ago, Freemanm said:

Or the compiler's 14 yds rushing against Terrell Davis 167..:(

3 hours ago, Savage69 said:

Or the compiler's 14 yds rushing against Terrell Davis 167..:(

watch that game and show me where his yards were supposed to come from?  they destroyed us up front that day, he was hit in the backfield on nearly every carry including the TD run.

25 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

watch that game and show me where his yards were supposed to come from?  they destroyed us up front that day, he was hit in the backfield on nearly every carry including the TD run.

He avg 3.5 ypc in 1998, in the Bowl Jamal Anderson had no problem running against Denver.. Hell Vinny had twice the passing yardage that Elway had in that game.. The Jets had the 2nd rated D the Broncos were 8th.. Oh wait are you a Martinette?? LOL

1 minute ago, Savage69 said:

He avg 3.5 ypc in 1998, in the Bowl Jamal Anderson had no problem running against Denver.. Hell Vinny had twice the passing yardage that Elway had in that game.. The Jets had the 2nd rated D the Broncos were 8th.. Oh wait are you a Martinette?? LOL

don't forget he was playing hurt that season.  he gutted his way through.

in the SB did Atlanta have NYJ's OL? were they in mile high? 

1st half in SB w/ game still relatively close: 14 carries, 51 yds, 3.6 YPC

better than Curtis but still not great.

In 2nd half as Denver was pulling away he rushed 4 times for 45 yds pulling up his YPC

Vinny was the best player on the field in the title game but his teammates didn't help, they dropped passes, fumbled(yes Curtis once) and couldn't do anything.  Curtis had a bad game but again watch the game(I posted it yesterday in classic clips thread) and show me where Curtis was supposed to run?

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

don't forget he was playing hurt that season.  he gutted his way through.

in the SB did Atlanta have NYJ's OL? were they in mile high? 

1st half in SB w/ game still relatively close: 14 carries, 51 yds, 3.6 YPC

better than Curtis but still not great.

In 2nd half as Denver was pulling away he rushed 4 times for 45 yds pulling up his YPC

Vinny was the best player on the field in the title game but his teammates didn't help, they dropped passes, fumbled(yes Curtis once) and couldn't do anything.  Curtis had a bad game but again watch the game(I posted it yesterday in classic clips thread) and show me where Curtis was supposed to run?

If Martin was so hurt how did he have 36 carries the week before?? I just get so tired of the Martin excuses, go read Sperm Edwards Martin piece he was spot on..:)

9 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

If Martin was so hurt how did he have 36 carries the week before?? I just get so tired of the Martin excuses, go read Sperm Edwards Martin piece he was spot on..:)

he battled through his injuries(remember he actually missed a game that year which was the only season besides the injury plagued final season that he msised a game), he wasn't hurt enough not to play and he didn't play well at Denver but AGAIN I ask where was he supposed to get yardage from when every carry he was pretty much hit behind the LOS? you want to bash him for that season go ahead, it was his worst full season for us but he was still a vital player in that run.

10 hours ago, nyjunc said:

he battled through his injuries(remember he actually missed a game that year which was the only season besides the injury plagued final season that he msised a game), he wasn't hurt enough not to play and he didn't play well at Denver but AGAIN I ask where was he supposed to get yardage from when every carry he was pretty much hit behind the LOS? you want to bash him for that season go ahead, it was his worst full season for us but he was still a vital player in that run.

The Jets were a finesse offense that year, they just weren't built to go into Mile High with the crowd at full throat and run the ball down their throats.  Never was gonna happen.  It was the turnovers in the passing game that truly did them in, including a fumble or two by a receiver.

20 hours ago, nyjunc said:

quite possibly and the genius Bill Belichick had a 10 point lead in the 2nd half of the AFC Championship Game and his D couldn't hold it.

23 unanswered points in the 2nd half in Denver, the Colts game in 2009 felt similar, like the Jets keep doing the same thing over and over... 

On 7/8/2017 at 9:34 AM, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

23 unanswered points in the 2nd half in Denver, the Colts game in 2009 felt similar, like the Jets keep doing the same thing over and over... 

2009 started in the 2nd qtr though, after we took the 17-6 lead we let Indy go right down the field to cut it to 4 before the half.  that was the turning point in the game and I think they took the foot off the gas pedal in the 4th or we would have been blown out that day.

Archived