### Jets \ Lions -- Preseason Week Two, Game Thread ###

Maxman

15 minutes ago, jason423 said:

After seeing more of the Bowles press conference Im more annoyed with last night. For the most part he passed off a lot of blame on the offensive line for Hack (which is fair) and then insinuated since they called so few pass plays he didnt get a fair chance anyway. You have  a team playing starters early and you go out there with mainly your second unit on the line, which would be a  third unit in most other places. What did he expect would happen?  They would be incredibly good?  He didnt give Beachum and those guys the night off like McCown. They came in later after the kids confidence would have been destroyed anyway. And when it comes to passing plays by all means be like the Eagles and call more. If you want to evaluate the guy go bombs away and let him fling it. I dont need to see him hand off to Bilal Powell running for 3 yards to mimic a real game.  Maybe they wanted a built in set of excuses but you just cant make any sense out of what their plan in right now.

Do yourself a favor don't watch anymore of Todd Bowles press conferences it has worked wonders for me, bad enough we need to look at him on the sidelines looking as clueless as can be during the game. 

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

No, but I'm quite certain the Jets will because they're stupid, and because Maccagnan's drafts have been such an ungodly disaster that we'll need to spend every penny of the money just to put a marginally competitive team on the field.

Spending all that money on FAs really hurt the Giants and others.

Nothing about our drafts have been an ungodly disaster.  We just needed more players than you should have accepted to be replaced with fewer than 21 picks 

25 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Only the ones who still can't get the story straight.  Fitz supporters were screaming Geno sucks, Fitz is good while I was screaming let them compete and let the best man win.  You guys were dead wrong, I wanted competition and never wanted to pay Fitz all that money.  Said more than enough times we could get as much with Geno and save 12 mil. 

Somyes, o get to say it.  You and the Fitz supporters who ridiculed those of us who wanted to give Geno one last chance should stop telling us what we can play.  And no one was ever as wrong as you guys who pimped Fitz.  Ever. 

So you're extremely upset that I compared the current 2nd round QB who isn't very good and has a brigade of defenders to the former 2nd round QB who wasn't very good who has a special contingent of defenders, but Fitz supporters factor into this? 

You fail to see a connection between people using the same exact excuses for hack that they used for Geno, but somehow Fitz are ok with Fitz comparisons then flail around about people don't know you and use such incredible arguments like "You're wrong" to back up your claim that hack is going to the GOAT. There's a bunch of people making the hack/geno comparison whop seem to think it makes sense so I think I am making sense despite your claims. I think the lady doth protest too much that I don't make sense. 

18 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The best man did win, and he was horrible.  Yet as horrible as he was, he was still better than the sh*tstain that was Geno Smith.  Your ranting will never make you "right" about Geno.

We had a competition, twice.  Geno lost one by getting punched, the other by being a sh*tty QB.  Deal with it mate.  

If you don't like it, go root for the Giants about it.

There was no competition and Geno played well in the preseason.  You have no friggen idea that Fitz was still better than what we would have gotten if Geno played last season. His one partial game was better than what Fitz was giving us.  

I need to deal with what?  You rewriting history, putting words in my mouth and still pimping the shlttiest QB in the league?  Whatever happened you'll insist you were right and just wanting Geno to be given a shot makes me a Geno lover or somehow wrong?  Geno didn't lose by getting punched, he couldn't play and Fitz got to start by default.  He earned nothing, somehow this eludes the Fitz pimps.  Gets replaced with the kind of BS you posted.  Geno completely outplayed Fitz the following preseason but the 10 wins and the 12 mil bought Fitz his historical blow up season.  Don't tell me what happened and to deal with it.  It's the Fitz pimps who want to gloss over their unbelievably bad choice and can't deal with the fact that a whole off-season of singing his praises, ridiculing Geno and somehow it went so bad that all you're left with is to go into attack mode claiming and rewriting history.

7 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

So you're extremely upset that I compared the current 2nd round QB who isn't very good and has a brigade of defenders to the former 2nd round QB who wasn't very good who has a special contingent of defenders, but Fitz supporters factor into this? 

You fail to see a connection between people using the same exact excuses for hack that they used for Geno, but somehow Fitz are ok with Fitz comparisons then flail around about people don't know you and use such incredible arguments like "You're wrong" to back up your claim that hack is going to the GOAT. There's a bunch of people making the hack/geno comparison whop seem to think it makes sense so I think I am making sense despite your claims. I think the lady doth protest too much that I don't make sense. 

One more time.  I didn't bring up Geno, you did in every one of your posts.  Hack isn't Geno, they aren't the same and weren't drafted by the same person, don't play with the same players and have different developmental cycles given to them by mgt.  

Where you come up with the GOAT comment and the rest of this nonsense is beyond me.  Where you come up with the rest of this nonsense off of last nights game, ignoring the 1st game and just keeping an open mind about what he will or won't become is typical bad fan nonsense.  Give it a rest.  You hate Hack, think he sucks and want to talk about Geno.  

10 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

YOUR DEFENDING HIM?!?!?!? The guy even when not under pressure couldnt hit water if he fell out of a friggin boat. Even the Lions fan's I was sitting with could see how bad he was. They were saying stuff like good thing that guy Petty didn't start or the Jets might have beaten the Lions. That's how badly the Lions played. The Jets couldn't run granted but the Lions are notoriously good against the run and if the Jets had a guy who could make a friggin completion to set-up the run they would have looked better. No my friend Hack-off is not an NFL QB not matter how you slice it. Just stop with the bullspit. Hack-off is a horrendously bad QB and this just confirmed what guys on these boards have been saying all along. Wasting ANY friggin draft pick on Hack-off is grounds for dismissal and Macc needs to go plain and simple. Giving this guy a top draft pick and all that cap space next off-season will set this franchise back even further than it is now. No way Macc can be trusted to put together a team for ANY head coach to succeed with. Macc is out of his league as a GM and should be fired. This horrific showing just enforces that. There is no defense for it.

Again, massive over reaction. There's a legion of Jet fans who just lie in wait for for bad things to happen , so they can thump their chests and say I'm right and know more than the Jets FO.

This is a rebuild , they need to evaluate what we have at almost every position on offense and a few on defense. What do we expect would happen with the gameplan and skill position players that we have on offense. Its frustrating , hell were all frustrated as Jet fans, but I'd rather lose with the inexperienced guys and hope to build something than plug in overpriced veterans and be simply mediocre.

Its gonna be a rough road but for the first time in awhile I feel the Jets are doing it right and we might come out of this better on the flipside.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

One more time.  I didn't bring up Geno, you did in every one of your posts.  Hack isn't Geno, they aren't the same and weren't drafted by the same person, don't play with the same players and have different developmental cycles given to them by mgt.  

Where you come up with the GOAT comment and the rest of this nonsense is beyond me.  Where you come up with the rest of this nonsense off of last nights game, ignoring the 1st game and just keeping an open mind about what he will or won't become is typical bad fan nonsense.  Give it a rest.  You hate Hack, think he sucks and want to talk about Geno.  

I simply can't  believe that this isn't some form of trolling. ALL of the available evidence says hack is extremely unlikely to ever be a good QB, but you keep bringing out this anything can happen if you wish upon a star nonsense.

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

Again, massive over reaction. There's a legion of Jet fans who just lie in wait for for bad things to happen , so they can thump their chests and say I'm right and know more than the Jets FO.

This is a rebuild , they need to evaluate what we have at almost every position on offense and a few on defense. What do we expect would happen with the gameplan and skill position players that we have on offense. Its frustrating , hell were all frustrated as Jet fans, but I'd rather lose with the inexperienced guys and hope to build something than plug in overpriced veterans and be simply mediocre.

Its gonna be a rough road but for the first time in awhile I feel the Jets are doing it right and we might come out of this better on the flipside.

Yeah but rebuilds start in the trenches and our o-line is either below average or bad until further notice.

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

I simply can't  believe that this isn't some form of trolling. ALL of the available evidence says hack is extremely unlikely to ever be a good QB, but you keep bringing out this anything can happen if you wish upon a star nonsense.

I think the point he's trying to make is that when you are developing a young quarterback, the organization should surround the young quarterback with solid/good talent in order to give the young quarterback the best possible chance to succeed. If the young quarterback isn't good it'll show regardless. Nothing more nothing less. 

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

Why not just go away instead of coming back for more, saying nothing and then calling me a troll?  If you knew what a troll was you might understand.  

GFY if you think taking a wait and see attitude with an incomplete player is nonsense.  Or thinking your opinion that he will always sucks makes me a troll.  

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Why not just go away instead of coming back for more, saying nothing and then calling me a troll?  If you knew what a troll was you might understand.  

GFY if you think taking a wait and see attitude with an incomplete player is nonsense.  Or thinking your opinion that he will always sucks makes me a troll.  

You keep waiting for hack. How about this, stop posting until hack proves he's a good QB. I'll stop posting when he does.

6 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I heard you don't have to wish upon a star.  Just close your eyes really tight and believe and have patience.  

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

You keep waiting for hack. How about this, stop posting until hack proves he's a good QB. I'll stop posting when he does.

How about this.  You think what you want, I'll do the same and whatever happens, happens.  Who needs to set up this kind of stupid game.  Why do you think this needs to be turned into some kind of competition and feel the need to claim victory.  

Just now, Jet Nut said:

How about this.  You think what you want, I'll do the same and whatever happens, happens.  Who needs to set up this kind of stupid game.  Why do you think this needs to be turned into some kind of competition and feel the need to claim victory.  

Your lack of faith in hackenberg is disturbing. I don't care about winning, I just want the stupid "if you wait and see and ignore everything hack has done up until now then he could possibly maybe be a good QB if his fairy godmother gives him a little help" posts to stop. 

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Spending all that money on FAs really hurt the Giants and others.

Nothing about our drafts have been an ungodly disaster.  We just needed more players than you should have accepted to be replaced with fewer than 21 picks 

First, our drafts have been below average.  In three drafts, the only starters we have found outside of the first round are Maye and Jenkins.  If we had a talented team that would be ok, but as the worst team in football not being able to find more upgrades outside the first round is bad.

That tells me that Macc and Bowles are not as synced up as they would have us believe.

Second, on the FA front, you only over spend on the primary position.  Like the NYG, sign your pass rusher and be right about the guy you go after.

Next your LT.  what would it cost to sign the best LT on the market.  How much did we spend on Beachum?  There's probably not as much savings for the amount of downgrade we have.

The other two positions would be #1 corner and #1 WR.

The problem is going to be watching the Jets dump a ton of $$ on RT, #2 or #3 type WRs, some cast off QB that is average at best.  It will jack up our cap for the next several seasons and may prevent us from extending Leo.

This rebuild needs patience.  The last thing we need is to redo 2015.  

9 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Yeah but rebuilds start in the trenches and our o-line is either below average or bad until further notice.

I agree last night the Oline was putrid, but again we have 2 new starters at tackle , they have a new OC and offense and they were playing virtually with a rookie QB.

I'll hold judgement until the first 4 or 5 games of the season. Lines need to gel and its possible this unit will get better in due time. 

Could the FO have done a better job at supplying better pieces for the Oline absolutely - but at this point it is what it is. 

5 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Your lack of faith in hackenberg is disturbing. I don't care about winning, I just want the stupid "if you wait and see and ignore everything hack has done up until now then he could possibly maybe be a good QB if his fairy godmother gives him a little help" posts to stop. 

You sound like a fool.  Taking a wait to see if a player improves over time is stupid to you?  You expected a developmental QB, basically a rookie to be consistent from week to week?  You ignore how well he played a week ago.  All this is stupid?  The. You want to place a bet over what he might become or won't become.  If I were you I would stop throwing the stupid word around and stop trolling.  It's over 

6 minutes ago, Pcola said:

First, our drafts have been below average.  In three drafts, the only starters we have found outside of the first round are Maye and Jenkins.  If we had a talented team that would be ok, but as the worst team in football not being able to find more upgrades outside the first round is bad.

That tells me that Macc and Bowles are not as synced up as they would have us believe.

Second, on the FA front, you only over spend on the primary position.  Like the NYG, sign your pass rusher and be right about the guy you go after.

Next your LT.  what would it cost to sign the best LT on the market.  How much did we spend on Beachum?  There's probably not as much savings for the amount of downgrade we have.

The problem is going to be watching the Jets dump a ton of $$ on RT, #2 or #3 type WRs, some cast off QB that is average at best.  It will jack up our cap for the next several seasons and may prevent us from extending Leo.

You can supplement the draft with FAs.  Giants did more than get a pass rusher.  They got a pass rusher in Vernon, got a nose in Snacks, got a corner, a S and spent over 200 mil redoing their defense.  

All im saying if we go QB in the first and can find OL help we can fill in some of the other holes in FA

10 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Our drafts have been horrific

Macagnan and Bowles need to go

11 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I agree last night the Oline was putrid, but again we have 2 new starters at tackle , they have a new OC and offense and they were playing virtually with a rookie QB.

I'll hold judgement until the first 4 or 5 games of the season. Lines need to gel and its possible this unit will get better in due time. 

Could the FO have done a better job at supplying better pieces for the Oline absolutely - but at this point it is what it is. 

The OL may suck but Hack has 0.0 pocket awareness

Russell Wilson last 2 years has had the worst OL in the NFL somehow he did ok

16 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Hack isn't good.  I actually agree with you let's start him and petty so we can go 0-16 and get Darnold

But stop pretending like Hack has potential

Just now, thadude said:

Russell is an anomaly and we all know that . He has an innate ability to not take big hits. 

Pocket awareness is something a QB can develop , Hack will never be a Wilson but I'll submit that with more experience he will be better than average.

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You can supplement the draft with FAs.  Giants did more than get a pass rusher.  They got a pass rusher in Vernon, got a nose in Snacks, got a corner, a S and spent over 200 mil redoing their defense.  

We did the same thing in 2015 and ended up here.

3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Russell is an anomaly and we all know that . He has an innate ability to not take big hits. 

Pocket awareness is something a QB can develop , Hack will never be a Wilson but I'll submit that with more experience he will be better than average.

What are you seeing that even looks average?

5 minutes ago, thadude said:

So you think Hack, basically a rookie QB should have the awareness of a SB winning, 5th year QB.  You also think the Seahawk OL was as bad as the Jets OL was last night.  And the support from RB to WRs were on a par with what the Jets put out.  You would have to if you want to compare the 2 situations. 

Really put a lot of thought into this one

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Let's get that guy Dorsey from Kansas City and Sean Payton and move on

whoever flew the Idzik banner in 2014 -- please rent 10 planes and fly a Fire Macagnan banner all week

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

So you think Hack, basically a rookie QB should have the awareness of a SB winning, 5th year QB.  You also think the Seahawk OL was as bad as the Jets OL was last night.  And the support from RB to WRs were on a par with what the Jets put out.  You would have to if you want to compare the 2 situations. 

Really put a lot of thought into this one

He is not a rookie you idiot

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

No, we went all out for a short term fix and won 10 games.  Just because it didn't last doesn't mean you abandon FA.  There isnt a chance in hell that we're not supplementing the draft with signings next season.  There isn't a reason we shouldn't, that's what the cap space is for. 

Archived