### Jets \ Lions -- Preseason Week Two, Game Thread ###

Maxman

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Why would they , they know Smith is not their longterm answer at QB. They have to see what Mahomes can amount to just like the Jets need to do with Hack.

If the Chiefs has a strong #1 QB and had a massive hole at safety like the Jets did , then yes they would make that trade. 

Lol

3 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I said the minute he got whacked a few times behind this trash OL, his real mechanics would reappear and he would revert to an inaccurate chuck and duck.

Not good enough?!?!

Ah all the cockroaches who were relatively silent last week come crawling out of their dark recesses in glee after this weeks showing by Hack. 

3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Why would they , they know Smith is not their longterm answer at QB. They have to see what Mahomes can amount to just like the Jets need to do with Hack.

If the Chiefs has a strong #1 QB and had a massive hole at safety like the Jets did , then yes they would make that trade. 

You don't pass on a franchise QB because maybe Hackenberg can figure something out, and yes that is what Mahomes is a franchise QB, and I've been pounding the table for him since ******* last October, so I'm gonna act like a baby who didn't get his way right now after watching what the Jets QB's look like, and what Mahomes looks like.

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Ah all the cockroaches who were relatively silent last week come crawling out of their dark recesses in glee after this weeks showing by Hack. 

And the green-goggled sheep in the faith healing tent with their arms raised in the air lash out in anger when they realize they were hoodwinked.

27 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I said the minute he got whacked a few times behind this trash OL, his real mechanics would reappear and he would revert to an inaccurate chuck and duck.

Not good enough?!?!

As if there is a QB alive who as hes getting whacked has good mechanics.

Thanks for telling us that fun fact.  

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

You don't pass on a franchise QB because maybe Hackenberg can figure something out, and yes that is what Mahomes is a franchise QB, and I've been pounding the table for him since ******* last October, so I'm gonna act like a baby who didn't get his way right now after watching what the Jets QB's look like, and what Mahomes looks like.

Get back to me when Mahomes is starting in regular season and lighting it up , until then its nothing more than fanboy posturing. 

58 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Have to disagree with you on this one CB. Petty is looking good like Hack did last week against non-starters. Hard counts , play actions are more effective against guys who are just going all out on D trying to make impressions. If Petty was the starter tonight his play would have looked fairly similar to what Hack did . I like Petty but I still feel Hack has the bigger upside. 

I too essentially agree, in that I think that Hack may have a bigger upside no question, that is why I wanted him drafted.  What I don't want is for the Jets to cut Petty, when I do believe that Petty can at a minimum be a quality back-up.

Back-up that is what I am speaking about.  

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

Get back to me when Mahomes is starting in regular season and lighting it up , until then its nothing more than fanboy posturing. 

No I've been right about him every step of the way, I got laughed at when I said he would be a 1st rounder back in October, then laughed at again when I said top 10 pick in February, its not posturing, it's facts, Alex Smith is having the best camp, preseason of his career yet there are loud calls for Mahomes to start because he is playing even better.

14 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Mahomes isnt a franchise QB at this point.  No one is in week 2 of his first preseason.  Chances are he never will be.  

Just now, Lupz27 said:

You can post videos , sound clips , notes from his 1st grade teacher , his PTO pastor it means absolutely nothing until he becomes an NFL starter . If he does congrats give yourself a big pat on the back if it makes you feel better. I'm not sure why your obsessed in having everyone cherish the fact you like Mahomes over Hack , especially since Mahomes is a KC Chief . I'm a huge LSU fan should I be in here saying the Jets  should have traded up for Fournette and then compare everything he does to Powell.  

22 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Out of curiosity, how would you grade Hack's play tonight.  Please give your review without making "no weapons" excuses, please.

7 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

You can post videos , sound clips , notes from his 1st grade teacher , his PTO pastor it means absolutely nothing until he becomes an NFL starter . If he does congrats give yourself a big pat on the back if it makes you feel better. I'm not sure why your obsessed in having everyone cherish the fact you like Mahomes over Hack , especially since Mahomes is a KC Chief . I'm a huge LSU fan should I be in here saying the Jets  should have traded up for Fournette and then compare everything he does to Powell.  

The short answer to you question is ..........................

YES!!!!!!!!!!!! :) 

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Out of curiosity, how would you grade Hack's play tonight.  Please give your review without making "no weapons" excuses, please.

Incomplete.  He had a poor pass to ASJ, the pass to Peake(I believe) was forced and its unclear who was responsible for the first sack breakdown. But he had no time at all to throw , the playcalling let the Lions stack the LOS and come after him ears pinned back. They should him let him throw the deep pass on the 1st play from scrimmage , it would have loosened up the Lions LBers and DB's . 

With no running game and poor OLine protection none of our QB's will fare well this season. I truly hope Morton is holding back and playing vanilla on O , otherwise this may be a very very bad offensive team this year.

1 hour ago, jetscrazey said:

Agree that Petty at least knows how to make an adjustment.  Hack looks like a deer in the headlights.

I didnt think he looked like a deer in the headlights. The OL completely broke down, receivers were not open and we had a bunch of penalties. Hard to evaluate. He was bad, but it was not all on him. Bowles even said the same thing

38 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I'm not so sure Petty or Hack would even be a backup on other rosters. What a crappy year on the horizon. If I was a season ticket holder I would be livid. 

No question. In fact, can we name 3 starters on this offense that would start on at least 12 other teams?

Carpenter

?

18 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I didnt think he looked like a deer in the headlights. The OL completely broke down, receivers were not open and we had a bunch of penalties. Hard to evaluate. He was bad, but it was not all on him. Bowles even said the same thing

holy ******* hell

Archived