Sign in to follow this  
Philc1

How can anyone still defend Macagnan?

6 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

You couldn't tell that Gholston, Wilson, Coples, and Pryor sucked in their 1st game of year 3?

Then you don't watch games the same way I do.

Darron Lee is a lost cause.  Year 2 or not.  Hackenberg pick was a disgrace.  "Missing" on 1st and 2nd rounders should still produce serviceable players.  Not guys out of the league after 3 years.

F*CKING PATHETIC THAT THE SCOUTS GET PAID FOR THIS!!!!

Which of these other STUDS drafted after Lee should the Jets have nabbed in the 1st?

21(21) Texans (From Redskins) Fuller, Will WR 6'0" 186 Notre Dame 6.2  
22(22) Redskins (From Texans) Doctson, Josh WR 6'2" 202 TCU 6.1  
23(23) Vikings Treadwell, Laquon WR 6'2" 221 Mississippi 6.2  
24(24) Bengals Jackson III, William CB 6'0" 189 Houston 5.9  
25(25) Steelers Burns, Artie CB 6'0" 193 Miami 5.9  
26(26) Broncos (From Seahawks) Lynch, Paxton QB 6'7" 244 Memphis 6.1  
27(27) Packers Clark, Kenny DT 6'3" 314 UCLA 5.9  
28(28) 49ers (From Chiefs) Garnett, Joshua OG 6'4" 312 Stanford 5.8  
30(29) Cardinals Nkemdiche, Robert DT 6'3" 294 Mississippi 6.3  
31(30) Panthers Butler, Vernon DT 6'4" 323 Louisiana Tech 6.1  
32(31) Seahawks (From Broncos) Ifedi, Germain OG 6'6" 324 Texas A&M 5.8

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Which of these other STUDS drafted after Lee should the Jets have nabbed in the 1st?

Paxton Lynch

7 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yeah, so he sucks. But he's in a no-win situation this year even if he didn't.

This team isn't Kurt Warner away from being the '99 Rams. We've got about a handful of players that would be starters on most playoff teams, and even that would generally require those positions being the very areas of weakness on said teams. A guard or two, a DT or two, a rookie strong safety, and a #3 WR. Meh.

Yeah it's no win so he should stop trying, and so should all of the players. 

The Rams were just as bad as the Jets in 98. Of course we're asking for a miracle here, but we're just asking for a chance for a miracle.

You can't catch lightning in a bottle unless you open the bottle and hold it out.

I guarantee you that if Bowles is the head coach Kurt Warner never sees the field. 

I don't know. It's hard for me to judge mac since he's out there picking players that out dumb head coach needs to fit his terrible system. You have mcvay go to the rams and automatically transforms the offense with just a few smart picks, same gm and all. But here we are every new head coach picking defense to make their system work. And yet they're still awful. I'm sure next year he'd ask for a corner. 

Though this team should have Beasley instead of Williams. There was no reason for that pick. 

Find this team an offensive mind to pair with our new QB and just pick a good DC. 

6 hours ago, Pac said:

Hi Pac. Just to clarify, you think it would be stupid to fire a GM this early in his tenure, right? I'll hang up and listen for my answer. Thank's

40 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Yeah it's no win so he should stop trying, and so should all of the players. 

The Rams were just as bad as the Jets in 98. Of course we're asking for a miracle here, but we're just asking for a chance for a miracle.

You can't catch lightning in a bottle unless you open the bottle and hold it out.

I guarantee you that if Bowles is the head coach Kurt Warner never sees the field. 

Vermeil had every intention of keeping Kurt Warner on the bench until the Trent Green injury.  

15 hours ago, Pac said:

these threads are going to be painful this year..  fans have been whining and crying for a rebuild for 20 years and when they get one they're shocked the team doesn't look great.

and already concluding that this years draft class (or last years for that matter) is a bust is impossibly stupid.

You're the homer this board needs.  Defending the indefensible, it's Pacman.  How are you feeling about our $50 bet right about now?

3 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Vermeil had every intention of keeping Kurt Warner on the bench until the Trent Green injury.  

I'm not saying that Vermeil was much better but Hack is the #2 QB. Warner would never have seen the field if Bowles was the HC. 

1 minute ago, NYs Stepchild said:

I'm not saying that Vermeil was much better but Hack is the #2 QB. Warner would never have seen the field if Bowles was the HC. 

Dunno.  Necessity is the mother of invention.  That we're even discussing Hack is sad.  Dude, reminds me of Zach Mettenberger with the Titans before they drafted Mariota.  I'm hoping we have our future QB next year. 

Lets see how this draft shakes out

I would possibly give him one more year when we have the first overall pick

HOWEVER the coach and his staff need to go. He is clearly in over his head

Artie Burns was the pick instead of Lee.  Many of us said that.  Maybe Revis killed it.

with Artie Burns and Deion Jones, this is a much better team. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You're the homer this board needs.  Defending the indefensible, it's Pacman.  How are you feeling about our $50 bet right about now?

Well there's no shortage of whining bitches like you so I guess there does need to be some sort of balance.

I feel fine with the bet.  

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

Hi Pac. Just to clarify, you think it would be stupid to fire a GM this early in his tenure, right? I'll hang up and listen for my answer. Thank's

I think it's stupid to fire a guy for doing what you've been begging him to do since he got here, yes.

I still like mac, I think he has done a much better job than some of the dopes on here give him credit for. Instead of thinking about every draft pick he took that is not a perennial probowler as if every other team is taking studs with every pick how about we look at some of the guys he had the chance to draft and the fan base was screaming for but he passed on like kevin white who looks like he is made out of the same glass as miliner was or Paxton lynch who got beat out by simian? If you have unreal expectations that everyone drafted is going to end up being great you will hate every gm we could bring in mac has also found some decent value players late in the draft and as undrafted free agents. He has made some trades that made sense for our team. I honestly believe he has done a decent job and next season we need to let him pick his own head coach.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Just now, bealeb319 said:

I still like mac, I think he has done a much better job than some of the dopes on here give him credit for. Instead of thinking about every draft pick he took that is not a perennial probowler as if every other team is taking studs with every pick how about we look at some of the guys he had the chance to draft and the fan base was screaming for but he passed on like kevin white who looks like he is made out of the same glass as miliner was or Paxton lynch who got beat out by simian? If you have unreal expectations that everyone drafted is going to end up being great you will hate every gm we could bring in mac has also found some decent value players late in the draft and as undrafted free agents. He has made some trades that made sense for our team. I honestly believe he has done a decent job and next season we need to let him pick his own head coach.

Kind of my point all along.  I've said a million times that many of his picks have "shown the ability" to play in the NFL and it'll be on the coaching staff to continue developing these kids. A lot of those guys looked good again yesterday, so I'm gonna' sit back this season and see how the kids do moving forward.

The number of games this team has lost due to Bowles coaching scared/conservative/stupid is unknown, but the'd be a lot better than they've been if he'd play the best players IMO.

8 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Lol... 3rd season in and we are in the conversation for the number 1 overall pick, but it's the ones who are critical of this who are the dopes.

Lol x2... Acting as if people are complaining that Mac's picks aren't perennial pro bowlers when few of them have even achieved "competent starter" status.

Lol x3... Acting as if there's no difference between expecting anyone to be great and expecting anyone to be great.

Lol x4... Giving a guy who's drafted one player in 3 years who's proven he can play at a high level in this league a 4th, 5th, and 6th draft (as you would, if you let him pick a new coach).

Mac is a very interesting topic to me. Because I dont think he is straight garbage. He definitely has an eye for talent. Burris/Shell/Anderson/Martin all look like they have potential to at least contribute on this team. Hell, Burris/Martin/Shell all played pretty damn well yesterday. Jenkins seems like he could be a player. Leonard Williams was a fantastic pick (if not a bit obvious). As of now, Hackenberg was a bad pick. I dont see that changing, but I suppose it could. Devin Smith was an awful pick. Darron Lee is approaching that territory as well. 

So, he's better than Idzik at drafting. I mean, not the hardest task.

But to me, it seems like any time he has to pay for someone, it doesnt really work out for the team. 

And at the end of the day, I think the question is, do you trust Mac to bring on the correct coach and QB with the number 1 (or 2) pick? I dont think I do.

2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

35 minutes ago, Pac said:

I think it's stupid to fire a guy for doing what you've been begging him to do since he got here, yes.

Pac, looking to upgrade his home, hires a painter.  He comes home to this:

090623e.JPG

Pac: "Well, it's not the color I asked for, it's uneven, and it looks horrible... But I did ask you to paint, so, it works for me."

24 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Pac: "Well, it's not the color I asked for, it's uneven, and it looks horrible... But I did ask you to paint, so, it works for me."

The problem with your analogy is that room is almost complete while Maccs work of art just started.

Every GM candidate you guys were working yourselves up in a lather over a couple years ago has either failed or was never hired.  Tom Gamble?  Dave Caldwell?  

Just now, Pac said:

The problem with your analogy is that room is almost complete while Maccs work of art just started.

Every GM candidate you guys were working yourselves up in a lather over a couple years ago has either failed or was never hired.  Tom Gamble?  Dave Caldwell?  

I've yet to work myself into a lather about any GM candidate.  I've simply stated that Macc is doing a bad job, as evidenced by the fact that after 3 years, we are one of the leagues worst teams, and the players he's added are not good.  We may have an excellent draft resource next year, and a ton of space, I don't want to give that to a guy who, heading into his third season, has a room that looks like the one in the picture.

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Well there's no shortage of whining bitches like you so I guess there does need to be some sort of balance.

I feel fine with the bet.  

It's not whining.  It's accurate.  I'd rather not live in a fantasy world where all of this is actually good.  I'd prefer to just do something else with my Sunday's and wait until the draft to get excited. 

7 minutes ago, Pac said:

You got receipts for this, homeboy

17 minutes ago, Pac said:

Also, these guys were part of the Idzik hiring cycle, not the Maccagnan one, so I'm honestly not even sure what you're talking about

39 minutes ago, gEYno said:

090623e.JPG

The problem with this analogy is Macc negotiated the deal and signed the contract. Bowles and his handpicked crew did the painting.