Coach options for next year?...

Smo0v3mik3

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

It’s also nothing to brag about. Certainly not the stuff of resume-building for the GM.

Actually the Richardson trade made ten days before the season, was a good trade we recieved Kearse and a 2nd rounder for a cancer. I'm saying we have all pros at receiver, but he added nice talent to make them a solid group. Add Enunwa (assumig he can stay healthy) with Serefrain-Jankins at TE and you have some wepaons at reciever and Tight end.

Just now, JetsFanatic said:

Actually the Richardson trade made ten days before the season, was a good trade we recieved Kearse and a 2nd rounder for a cancer. I'm saying we have all pros at receiver, but he added nice talent to make them a solid group. Add Enunwa (assumig he can stay healthy) with Serefrain-Jankins at TE and you have some wepaons at reciever and Tight end.

Sefarian-Jenkins is not under contract in 2018.

You’re ducking my question. Since you want to play it off as though we’ve found our future starters at CB and TE, tell me what you think they’re worth. What is the maximum contract you could rationalize for each one, whereby any more than that is not smart.

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

The wise ass remark is because of your nonsensical accusation, not because you disagree on our incompetent fool of a GM.

I treat everyone with respect, and I expect the same in return. You don't have to agree with me, but I don't like name calling. If you thinks Mac is incompetent, that is your right. I personally thinks the Jets are making a mistake if they fire him at the end of the season. 

4 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I treat everyone with respect, and I expect the same in return. You don't have to agree with me, but I don't like name calling. If you thinks Mac is incompetent, that is your right. I personally thinks the Jets are making a mistake if they fire him at the end of the season. 

When you fabricate things about a poster - myself included - that is not a disagreement about the sitting GM’s competence. Also I didn’t call you a name, so that’s yet another lie about me that has nothing to do with a football disagreement.

You: “posters like you...what a joke” = this is you being respectful, and not namecalling/insulting.

Me: “learn to read” = namecalling 

Gotcha.

Sefarian-Jenkins is not under contract in 2018.

You’re ducking my question. Since you want to play it off as though we’ve found our future starters at CB and TE, tell me what you think they’re worth. What is the maximum contract you could rationalize for each one, whereby any more than that is not smart.

I would definitely resign Seferian-Jenkins, as he is a solid TE. Whatever the market is for a starter at that position. Certianly the Jets can aford to sign him if they choose.  There is no reason why they can't bring him back.  As for Claibourne, he is talented and only 26, my concern with him is his ability to stay on the field. That was the reason the Cowboys did dign him when his contract expired. I don't know the extenet of his injury yesterday.

Just now, JetsFanatic said:

I would definitely resign Seferian-Jenkins, as he is a solid TE. Whatever the market is for a starter at that position. Certianly the Jets can aford to sign him if they choose.  There is no reason why they can't bring him back.  As for Claibourne, he is talented and only 26, my concern with him is his ability to stay on the field. That was the reason the Cowboys did dign him when his contract expired. I don't know the extenet of his injury yesterday.

Cop out answer. It’s as though your answer is: whatever Maccagnan does is by definition the right move.

55 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

They just started over again this year. This is a multiple year rebuild that has to happen. When Macc started the Jets had very little talent at the key positions. That remains true, no matter how many safeties he drafts. He’s bad at his job, he shouldn’t have it anymore. 

Also, why do you think he’d get to pick the coach because he had a couple of draft picks not bust?

If Bowles is fired and Mac picks his coach, it won’t be Gruden or anyone similar who will demand alot of control over player personnel. How about Mike McCoy. He had great success with Rivers and put up big points. Their D was atrocious as they kept losing game after game by single digits. 

Cop out answer. It’s as though your answer is: whatever Maccagnan does is by definition the right move.

It's not a cop out  at all. I would pay him the going rate for a starting TE. I have no idea how much money that is. I would not let him go. I can't be much clearer than that.

7 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

When you fabricate things about a poster - myself included - that is not a disagreement about the sitting GM’s competence. Also I didn’t call you a name, so that’s yet another lie about me that has nothing to do with a football disagreement.

You: “posters like you...what a joke” = this is you being respectful, and not namecalling/insulting.

Me: “learn to read” = namecalling 

Gotcha.

BTW, I didn't fabricate anything. You are quick to criticize Mac on the Hack pick, but do not give him credit for Seferian-Jenkins, you just point out he has no contract for next season. If you criticize for picks the don't work out, you have to give credit for aquisitions that do.  

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

It's not a cop out  at all. I would pay him the going rate for a starting TE. I have no idea how much money that is. I would not let him go. I can't be much clearer than that.

There is no going rate for a generic starting TE. It’s commensurate with age, ability, production, and history. There’s a range. 

I’ll make it easy for you: 

https://overthecap.com/position/tight-end

24 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

First, his bad moves outnumber his good moves by a ratio of about 5:1.

Second, I don’t know where you get the idea that I think it’s bad to pick up someone outside the draft, let alone to cause you to repeat this nonsense.

Learn to read.

If he cant read, how is he posting??

Its a MIRACLE!!

8 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

BTW, I didn't fabricate anything. You are quick to criticize Mac on the Hack pick, but do not give him credit for Seferian-Jenkins, you just point out he has no contract for next season. If you criticize for picks the don't work out, you have to give credit for aquisitions that do.  

Of course you did, multiple times. First you claimed - twice - that I had some issue with whether or not a player like ASJ or Claiborne was acquired through the draft or otherwise. You just made it up. Then you said I was engaging in namecalling, another total fabrication despite you first taking the discussion in that direction.

Back to football discussion, Sefarian-Jenkins is fine as a low-risk pickup, but he’s nothing to get a chub or more about, and for the 3rd time you don’t even know if he’s going to be on the team past this year. Meanwhile drafting Hackenberg in round 2 is most definitely something to get on him about and not merely gloss over it. One does not equally cancel out the other. 

9 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

it's not they have to sign either of these guys to massive contracts.  they are both solid players and young enough to be with the team for 2 or 3 seasons.

2 minutes ago, KRL said:

So many want to fire Bowles but then bring nothing to the table in terms of replacements.

The suggestions in the thread are poor, have failed before or are never going to happen

i wouldn't go so far as to say it's not going to happen but one of the things that we will learn after this season is if bowles is the guy for the future.  demeanor aside, if he keeps the team together and they continue to play hard football and get smarter then he should stay irrespective of the record.  if they start mailing it in, then maybe they need to make a change.

9 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

There is no going rate for a generic starting TE. It’s commensurate with age, ability, production, and history. There’s a range. 

I’ll make it easy for you: 

https://overthecap.com/position/tight-end

If we got ASJ resigned for 4 years and $20-24 million, that would put him in the middle of the road and likely a fair price for a player with his skill set.  The issue is whether or not the organization believes his change in fitness/health/off field is real, then he is easily worth $6/season.  If he is a guy who worked his ass off to stay in the league, then its a problem.

Personally I think he is worth the risk, and if Charles Clay makes $7.5/per ASJ seems to me to be worth the above numbers

13 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Who says the picks aren’t busts? If they start out bad and you can’t call them busts for 3 seasons, then you can’t call them successes either until it’s been 3 seasons:

• Calvin Pryor looked like he was turning a serious corner in year 2.
  • What were the thoughts on Mark Sanchez at the start of his 3rd season and then after that the start of his 4th season (just before the injury of course)?
  • Leo was the big bragging rights pick, on the fast track to the HOF, after 2 seasons. Now people think he’s just okay.
  • Amaro led all rookie TEs in yardage in 2014. Then he missed his 2nd season, didn’t make the team in year 3, and he has all of 3 receptions since that rookie season ended.
  • People were talking about Mauldin as a starting OLB after his rookie season. This year (injury aside) the only reason he might have made the team is because the Jets were just doing a roster purge, and even still was on the bubble.

Plenty more like this.

And if a guy’s only theoretical qualification for the job was being a former scout who had an in with the consultant Woody hired, and he’s mostly been bad at scouting for us, what on earth makes him then qualified to pick a head coach?

Macc deserves a HC he can trust, not one that misleads him, a HC that will utilize the players he handpicks to fit his own system and has Macc draft/sign for him in good faith. 

Even our GM is miscoached by Bowles. 

42 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Macc deserves a HC he can trust, not one that misleads him, a HC that will utilize the players he handpicks to fit his own system and has Macc draft/sign for him in good faith. 

Even our GM is miscoached by Bowles. 

What Macc deserves is to get fired for his own gross incompetence. 

Bowles has many problems of his own, and I don't think they're fixable. But the very notion that he's furnished Bowles with a seriously competitive and good team is ridiculous.

Archived