Coach options for next year?...

Smo0v3mik3

How about Jim Schwartz from Philly? He was pretty awful as the Lions headcoach but he's had a couple of good years as the defensive guy over there... 

Another interesting one might be Edgar Bennett the O coach for Green Bay... He doesn't get a lot of buzz, but he's worked in pretty much every aspect of an organization... From player development to a RB coach, to a WR coach to now the offensive coordinator... He's a guy who might have a real feel for the whole spectrum of a clubhouse, and maybe an eye for talent on the field. 

21 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I think there is a good chance Bowles returns, if not MacGagnan will have a big say in the next HC.

What makes you think the second part of that? Ownership is so in over its head that it’s comical. Also, Macc should be shown the door as well. He’s obviously overwhelmed. 

10 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

What makes you think the second part of that? Ownership is so in over its head that it’s comical. Also, Macc should be shown the door as well. He’s obviously overwhelmed. 

Because Mac is starting to bring in nice young talent like Adams, Maye, Robbie Anderson, Kearse, Seferan-Jenkins, Williams, etc. I think it would be a mistake to start over.  He's made good trades like Pryor for Davis, Richardson for Kearse and a 2nd rounder.

4 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Because Mac is starting to bring in nice young talent like Adams, Maye, Robbie Anderson, Kearse, Seferan-Jenkins, Williams, etc. I think it would be a mistake to start over. 

They just started over again this year. This is a multiple year rebuild that has to happen. When Macc started the Jets had very little talent at the key positions. That remains true, no matter how many safeties he drafts. He’s bad at his job, he shouldn’t have it anymore. 

Also, why do you think he’d get to pick the coach because he had a couple of draft picks not bust?

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

They just started over again this year. This is a multiple year rebuild that has to happen. When Macc started the Jets had very little talent at the key positions. That remains true, no matter how many safeties he drafts. He’s bad at his job, he shouldn’t have it anymore. 

That's not true, they are better at the receiver position (Kearse and Anderson wide with Kerley in the slot) they had nothing at that position in 2014; they are much better at TE with Seferian-Jenkins (25).  The defensive backfield with Adams & Maye at Safety is much improved and could be special. I also like Claibourne who is only 26 at CB, to name a few positions.  Of course he does have to settle the all important QB position.  Enough with stopgaps, we need a true #1 QB.

Just now, JetsFanatic said:

That's not true, they are better at the receiver position (Kearse and Anderson wide with Kerley in the slot) they had nothing at that position in 2014; they are much better at TE with Seferian-Jenkins (25).  The defensive backfield with Adams & Maye at Safety is much improved and could be special. I also like Claibourne who is only 26 at CB, to name a few positions.  Of course he does have to settle the all important QB position.  Enough with stopgaps, we need a true #1 QB.

Key positions: QB, LT, Pass Rusher, Corner. 

Claiborne is on a one year deal and hurt again. They have nothing resembling any kind of young talent at any of those positions. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Key positions: QB, LT, Pass Rusher, Corner. 

Claiborne is on a one year deal and hurt again. They have nothing resembling any kind of young talent at any of those positions. 

Claibourne's injuries are a concern. However, he has played very well this year.  His injury hurts us yesterday. He held Julio Jones to 2 catches for 20 yards. As soon as he left the game, Ryan hit Jones with a bomb that set up a FG. 

7 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Also, why do you think he’d get to pick the coach because he had a couple of draft picks not bust?

Who says the picks aren’t busts? If they start out bad and you can’t call them busts for 3 seasons, then you can’t call them successes either until it’s been 3 seasons:

• Calvin Pryor looked like he was turning a serious corner in year 2.
  • What were the thoughts on Mark Sanchez at the start of his 3rd season and then after that the start of his 4th season (just before the injury of course)?
  • Leo was the big bragging rights pick, on the fast track to the HOF, after 2 seasons. Now people think he’s just okay.
  • Amaro led all rookie TEs in yardage in 2014. Then he missed his 2nd season, didn’t make the team in year 3, and he has all of 3 receptions since that rookie season ended.
  • People were talking about Mauldin as a starting OLB after his rookie season. This year (injury aside) the only reason he might have made the team is because the Jets were just doing a roster purge, and even still was on the bubble.

Plenty more like this.

And if a guy’s only theoretical qualification for the job was being a former scout who had an in with the consultant Woody hired, and he’s mostly been bad at scouting for us, what on earth makes him then qualified to pick a head coach?

8 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Um, no. Before the league year began in March, two of the three starting WRs on the roster were inherited (Decker, Enunwa, Anderson). That’s after he went through $200m in veteran contracts and two full drafts. Oh yeah, and he also inherited Kerley as well, lol. So it was wise to dump Kerley because he was terrible and useless. Until he picked him back up again, when it’s smart because he’s useful and really good.

Also “could be special” can be said about pretty much anybody drafted in the first 2 rounds any year. Hackenberg “could be special” was my favorite that used to get thrown around here for a while. 

Claiborne is a UFA after this year. He’s a 1-year rental without an extension.

Like Claiborne, Seferian-Jenkins is also a UFA after this year. How much is this “much better” TE worth as a FA?

Whatever it is, I know three things will come like I know the sun will rise in the morning:

1. Macc will wait until the season (and after all injury risk for the players) are over to make his push to extend his FAs.
  2. Macc will pay much more than his biggest boosters can ever imagine paying for those guys. And finally...
  3. Those same fans will then rationalize how smart it is to pay the preposterous contract amounts. If the player signs elsewhere after we make an offer, that will also satisfy the rationalizing of his brilliance.

That is the plan of attack. Or, if you will, the Big Macc Attack.

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Um, no. Before the league year began in March, two of the three starting WRs on the roster were inherited (Decker, Enunwa, Anderson). That’s after he went through $200m in veteran contracts and two full drafts. Oh yeah, and he also inherited Kerley as well, lol. So it was wise to dump Kerley because he was terrible and useless. Until he picked him back up again, when it’s smart because he’s useful and really good.

Also “could be special” can be said about pretty much anybody drafted in the first 2 rounds any year. Hackenberg “could be special” was my favorite that used to get thrown around here for a while. 

Claiborne is a UFA after this year. He’s a 1-year rental without an extension.

Like Claiborne, Seferian-Jenkins is also a UFA after this year. How much is this “much better” TE worth as a FA?

Whatever it is, I know three things will come like I know the sun will rise in the morning:

1. Macc will wait until the season (and after all injury risk for the players) are over to make his push to extend his FAs.
  2. Macc will pay much more than his biggest boosters can ever imagine paying for those guys. And finally...
  3. Those same fans will then rationalize how smart it is to pay the preposterous contract amounts. If the player signs elsewhere after we make an offer, that will also satisfy the rationalizing of his brilliance.

That is the plan of attack. Or, if you will, the Big Macc Attack.

Robbie Anderson was not inherited he was signed as an undrafted FA in 2016 by Mac. I don't know how you can say we not much better at TE, Seferian-Jenkins is very talented and only 25. Who cares is he was drafted or signed as FA? He is a Jet and a nice pick-up. Claibourne also is only 26 and again I ask who cares if they were drafted or signed as a FA? We have much more young talent now than when Mac took over. 

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Lol did I really just read part of the reason we’re improved at WR, over the group he inherited, is because now we have Jeremy Kerley?

No because we had notthing at position when Mac arrived. If you don't think we are better than 2014 at reciever when we were signing recievers off the street to play the next game, like David Nelson, than you are being ridiculous. BTW, who care if you laugh or not, you are wrong.

Robbie Anderson was not inherited he was signed as an undrafted FA in 2016 by Mac. I don't know how you can say we not much better at TE, Seferian-Jenkins is very talented and only 25. Who cares is he was drafted or signed as FA? He is a Jet and a nice pick-up. Claibourne also is only 26 and again I ask who cares if they were drafted or signed as a FA? We have much more young talent now than when Mac took over. 

So BFD Robbie Anderson. He’s fine, and I think he’s pretty good, but he’s not AJ Green. Don’t overplay what he is.

I’m not rendering an opinion as to whether or not ASJ/Claiborne were drafted or not. I’m saying that next year Seferian-Jenkins is not under contract with the Jets, and netiher is Claiborne.

Tell me now what you think is the absolute maximum ceiling you’d be ok with for the Jets to extend each of them. As in, if we pay more than that, you think it’s a bad move.

No because we had notthing at position when Mac arrived. If you don't think we are better than 2014 at reciever when we were signing recievers off the street to play the next game, like David Nelson, than you are being ridiculous. BTW, who care if you laugh or not, you are wrong.

False.

He inherited Decker, Harvin, Kerley, and Enunwa.

Did you not follow the Jets back then? 

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

So BFD Robbie Anderson. He’s fine, and I think he’s pretty good, but he’s not AJ Green. Don’t overplay what he is.

I’m not rendering an opinion as to whether or not ASJ/Claiborne were drafted or not. I’m saying that next year Seferian-Jenkins is not under contract with the Jets, and netiher is Claiborne.

Tell me now what you think is the absolute maximum ceiling you’d be ok with for the Jets to extend each of them. As in, if we pay more than that, you think it’s a bad move.

Quite frankly is is a big deal signing talented undrafted players, you rip Mac for drafting Hackenberg but don't give him credir when he make good moves. People like you are hysterical. Oh, it doesn't count if they are obtained through the draft. What a joke!

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

Quite frankly is is a big deal signing talented undrafted players, you rip Mac for drafting Hackenberg but don't give him credir when he make good moves. People like you are hysterical. Oh, it doesn't count if they are obtained through the draft. What a joke!

First, his bad moves outnumber his good moves by a ratio of about 5:1.

Second, I don’t know where you get the idea that I think it’s bad to pick up someone outside the draft, let alone to cause you to repeat this nonsense.

Learn to read.

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

False.

He inherited Decker, Harvin, Kerley, and Enunwa.

Did you not follow the Jets back then? 

I was talking about Anderson, Kerley (who was brought back just prtior to the season)  and Kearse as the starters. That is not a bad recieving crew.

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

First, his bad moves outnumber his good moves by a ratio of about 5:1.

Second, I don’t know where you get the idea that I think it’s bad to pick up someone outside the draft, let alone to cause you to repeat this nonsense.

Learn to read.

Learn to read? Don't be a wise ass just because you don't agree.

Archived