Bills bench Tyrod Taylor

Jet_Engine1

Just now, Mogglez said:

What about the Raiders?

The first Bills game?

The second half of the Patriots game, when the offense couldn't move the ball?

The second half of the Falcons game, when the offense, again, couldn't move the ball in the second half?

Get Macc and Todd's jizz out of your eyes long enough to see that this was far more than "1 game".

Lets go through all of these:

1. You mean the Patriots game where we had a TD  in the second half taken away from us by a bad call?

2. You mean the Falcons game where neither team could hold onto the football playing in a monsoon?

3. You mean the Raiders game where we were paid even with the Raiders until a dropped punt opened the floodgates?

4. You mean the first game of the year against Buffalo when team usually struggle anyway. Especially given that McCown got no playing time in the preseason( I guess to see what the YOUNG QBs has) “ hmm sound familiar?”

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I never said that. I said that they are doing the smart thing by saying "Tyrod isn't the answer, we need to know whether or not Nathan is.  Worst case scenario, they both aren't, and we need to trade up for a QB, and can do so without any uncertainties.  Best case?  Peterman is legit and sparks us on a run.  Win-win for us in the long-term."

The problem with this thinking is that the AFC is so weak that they could’ve gotten in with Taylor anyway. So basically they’re throwing away a surer bet, to try and see if this QB has it. They have to play the Patriots twice still. I would take a veteran QB against Belichick than a rookie

31 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Agreed with all of this, except one thing:  The AFC is so bad, the Bills could still make the playoffs this year whether Taylor or Peterman is under center.  

However, Sean McDermott said in the press conference today "We expect better than 5-4".  That's a stark contrast to the attitude in Florham Park.  If I were a Bills fan today, I'd be celebrating the fact that adults finally seem to be running the show up there.  

I don't think the Bills have any chance, personally.  They're not nearly as good as their 5-4 record (sound familiar?, lol).

Their remaining schedule is quite weak, Phins x2, Pats x2, Chargers, Chiefs, Colts.  There is 5 winnable games there, which would make them 10-6.

But I don't buy it.  I think they at best split the Phins, I think they drop both to the Pats, and 2 of 3 against the Colts/Chargers/Chiefs.  They finish 7-9 at best, 6-10 at worst, out either way.

And to reference a previous post, they may in fact think Peterman is the better QB.  For their sake, thats a best-case, as they get to see the kid AND try and make a playoff run.  It's not beyond possabillity the staff likes Peterman, I liked him coming out myself, kinda wanted us to snag him if we could if I recall.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

The problem with this thinking is that the AFC is so weak that they could’ve gotten in with Taylor anyway. So basically they’re throwing away a surer bet, to try and see if this QB has it. They have to play the Patriots twice still. I would take a veteran QB against Belichick than a rookie

How many times has Tyrod beaten the Pats?

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I don't think the Bills have any chance, personally.  They're not nearly as good as their 5-4 record (sound familiar?, lol).

Their remaining schedule is quite weak, Phins x2, Pats x2, Chargers, Chiefs, Colts.  There is 5 winnable games there, which would make them 10-6.

But I don't buy it.  I think they at best split the Phins, I think they drop both to the Pats, and 2 of 3 against the Colts/Chargers/Chiefs.  They finish 7-9 at best, 6-10 at worst, out either way.

And to reference a previous post, they may in fact think Peterman is the better QB.  For their sake, thats a best-case, as they get to see the kid AND try and make a playoff run.  It's not beyond possabillity the staff likes Peterman, I liked him coming out myself, kinda wanted us to snag him if we could if I recall.

where would 5 winnable games be btw NE 2x(2 losses), Miami 2x(probable split), SD(50/50), KC(loss), Indy(50/50).  Maybe there's 3 more wins and that all depends on if the D can start stopping people and getting tons of Tos again.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

where would 5 winnable games be btw NE 2x(2 losses), Miami 2x(probable split), SD(50/50), KC(loss), Indy(50/50).  Maybe there's 3 more wins and that all depends on if the D can start stopping people and getting tons of Tos again.

I don’t know if they split against Miami. Miami looks cooked

36 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Are you saying if Petty/Hack play well in the final games you are willing to ignore the QB position this offseason? I don't believe that would be a wise decision.

You know what I would like to see? Id like to see a younger QB than Fitz or McCown get to play with the f*cking 1st string offense just once when the team is relatively healthy...that's what I'd like to see! As a long time fan is that to f*cking much to ask? I'm f*cking burnt out tuning into these has beens & never was QBs wasting my Sunday ENTERTAINMENT! 

That's right, when I turn on the TV on Sunday to watch the Jets I want to be entertained. I don't want to see some old f*cking nobody struggle to get a god damned 1st down 24 minutes into the game. What I want to see is someone who can at minimum throw the ball 40 yards so we JUST MIGHT get a PI call, like every single week teams do to us. I can't even explain to you how BAD I want Todd "I'm by the book" Bowles out of here. HE STINKS!

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

He’s 1-4 against them. I would take those odds over a rookies

The real question is how many times has he beat Brady and the answer is ZERO.  His lone win against NE was when Brady was suspended and Garropolo was hurt last year.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I don’t know if they split against Miami. Miami looks cooked

they have looked as good as Buffalo in recent weeks.

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

You know what I would like to see? Id like to see a younger QB than Fitz or McCown get to play with the f*cking 1st string offense just once when the team is relatively healthy...that's what I'd like to see! As a long time fan is that to f*cking much to ask? I'm f*cking burnt out tuning into these has beens & never was QBs wasting my Sunday ENTERTAINMENT! 

That's right, when I turn on the TV on Sunday to watch the Jets I want to be entertained. I don't want to see some old f*cking nobody struggle to get a god damned 1st down 24 minutes into the game. What I want to see is someone who can at minimum throw the ball 40 yards so we JUST MIGHT get a PI call, like every single week teams do to us. I can't even explain to you how BAD I want Todd "I'm by the book" Bowles out of here. HE STINKS!

Ah so you want to see the young guys play regardless of the benefit that could be gained from McCown playing. I completely agree that I would be far more entertained with Hack or Petty playing because there is hope, I just think the fact that Hack couldn't do anything against 1st/2nd/3rd stringers with vanilla defenses does not give me the confidence that he can perform now so unless he has shown something in practice I have zero confidence. 

4 hours ago, gEYno said:

Has anyone mentioned, that maybe Nathan Peterman earned his playing time, and wasn't just given the ball because he exists?  Or, do we continue to ignore the most obvious possibility in favor of conspiracy theories?

Earned it by being the best scout team QB in Western New York? Earned it during the very limited reps the backup QB gets during the season? No.

He earned it by virtue of Tyrod not really being that good, having an awful game vs NO, and not being a guy the Bills want to rest the foundation of their team on for the next several years. He "earned" it by default. Hes a mid round rookie QB who looked competent in the pre season. Not an heir apparent. They know what they have with TT, they want to evaluate their roster. Nothing more.

25 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Hack was going 3 & out consistently against backups in preseason vanilla defenses, I think we've gotten a more accurate read on our defense because they aren't as gassed. I'd also say that we know Anderson and ASJ are both players we want to lock up or at least build around. Maybe I'm way off base but the OL looks better than when Hack was in there, could be that McCown knows how to call out coverages and protections. I think we'd have far more question marks if we played Hack all season than playing McCown. If the staff already determined that Hack is not the answer than I'd rather not waste time on him.

You just made EVERYONES point here. After 9 games we know everything we need to know going forward, including continuing to play McCown is ludicrous.

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Earned it by being the best scout team QB in Western New York? Earned it during the very limited reps the backup QB gets during the season? No.

He earned it by virtue of Tyrod not really being that good, having an awful game vs NO, and not being a guy the Bills want to rest the foundation of their team on for tge next several years. He "earned" it by default. Hes a mid round rookie QB who looked competent in the pre season. Not an heir apparent. They know what they have with TT, they want to evaluate their roster. Nothing more.

But that begs the question. Why did they bring Taylor back this year? 

You just made EVERYONES point here. After 9 games we know everything we need to know going forward, including continuing to play McCown is ludicrous.

I think that is a fair point. If they feel like they have seen everything they need to from the roster then there is no reason to not play Hack or Petty.

Just now, bla bla bla said:

I think he has a point IF the coaching staff has made their minds up on the current players and feel nothing else can be learned moving forward by playing McCown

Well we will see if it changes during the week. Frankly I don’t see much peril by playing McCown. I don’t think he’s going to jeopardize our draft pick

I believe the Pats rested a lot of guys in Tyrods huge win over the Pats, lol.

I think it was the last game of Brady's suspension, The Pats scored zero points and it's always tough to beta an opponent when they score zero.

20 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Yep.  They drafted Peterman, they definitely had to like him.  The guy was productive with 2 different programs, and there's a lot to be said about that.

Agreed that their 5-4 record is a bit of a farce.  Some fans around here are amazed that someone would make a QB change with a winning record, but unless you think your ceiling is high, 5-4 isn't a great record.  In their case, they've kind of maxed out their potential to this point.  And the Bills being in the playoff hunt with that record is more a reflection that the AFC is terrible this season.  

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

But that begs the question. Why did they bring Taylor back this year? 

Because the only other options they had on the roster were TJ Yates and a 5th round draft pick. Thats why. He was already there and had some starting experience.

Why are you worried about why Buffalo kept Tyrod around? Did they borrow money from you to pay him?

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  They drafted Peterman, they definitely had to like him.  The guy was productive with 2 different programs, and there's a lot to be said about that.

Agreed that their 5-4 record is a bit of a farce.  Some fans around here are amazed that someone would make a QB change with a winning record, but unless you think your ceiling is high, 5-4 isn't a great record.  In their case, they've kind of maxed out their potential to this point.  And the Bills being in the playoff hunt with that record is more a reflection that the AFC is terrible this season.  

But that’s the point. If you’re going to jump ship on Taylor so quickly, why bring him back at all?

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

Because the only other options they had on the roster were TJ Yates and a 5th round draft pick. Thats why. He was already there and had some starting experience.

Why ate you worried about why Buffalo kept Tyrod around? Did they borrow money from you to pay him?

Because they are paying him money to essentially sit. Why not just go with Yates and Peterman and completely tank?

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Well we will see if it changes during the week. Frankly I don’t see much peril by playing McCown. I don’t think he’s going to jeopardize our draft pick

Yea I don't see the problem with playing McCown if the staff feels Hack/Petty are not the answer. I think we still get a top 10 pick.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Miami got Jay Cutler out of retirement. They could have found someone

and that's working out well.  he was under contract, the new staff gave him a chance and they don't like him.  Nothing wrong w/ what they did.  it's not like there was another QB out there that could have led this team to the playoffs.  They were winning b/c of their D and ability to create TOs, once that stopped they stopped winning.   

Archived