Bills bench Tyrod Taylor

Jet_Engine1

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'm willing to bet you said the exact same thing about Watson last cycle.  And probably still think the fluke injury means you weren't wrong.

I spoke about 1 QB and 1 QB only last year Pat Mahomes I did not concern myself with any other QB as I believe, and still believe he is the next great NFL QB.  If I had to guess I was not that high on Watson, but I also was nowhere near as down on Watson as I am Mayfield.

55 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Everyone can drool over Mayfield because they are watching CFB QB's for the first time for the sole purpose of them wanting the Jets to draft a QB early, but the fact of the matter is the kid is a 3rd round talent at best all the rah, rah crap doesn't work in the NFL

51 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'm willing to bet you said the exact same thing about Watson last cycle.  And probably still think the fluke injury means you weren't wrong.

22 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I spoke about 1 QB and 1 QB only last year Pat Mahomes I did not concern myself with any other QB as I believe, and still believe he is the next great NFL QB.  If I had to guess I was not that high on Watson, but I also was nowhere near as down on Watson as I am Mayfield.

You literally said the exact same thing word for word.

On 4/9/2017 at 9:39 AM, Lupz27 said:

Watson is a 3rd round talent at best that pick would be the end of his GM job guarantee it, you can't take a 4th round prospect at QB in the 2nd 1 year, and follow that up with a 3rd round QB prospect in the 1st, and keep your job.  Only good thing would be a new coach, and GM will have no ties to either QB, and will possibly be set up to take Darnold early next years draft.

6 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:
Everyone can drool over Mayfield because they are watching CFB QB's for the first time for the sole purpose of them wanting the Jets to draft a QB early, but the fact of the matter is the kid is a 3rd round talent at best all the rah, rah crap doesn't work in the NFL

57 minutes ago, Warfish said:
I'm willing to bet you said the exact same thing about Watson last cycle.  And probably still think the fluke injury means you weren't wrong.

29 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

On 4/9/2017 at 10:39 AM, Lupz27 said:
Watson is a 3rd round talent at best that pick would be the end of his GM job guarantee it, you can't take a 4th round prospect at QB in the 2nd 1 year, and follow that up with a 3rd round QB prospect in the 1st, and keep your job.  Only good thing would be a new coach, and GM will have no ties to either QB, and will possibly be set up to take Darnold early next years draft.

Funny.

Although everyone is guilty of this. Nobody here knows how QBs are going to end up. Fans who proclaim they knew about Watson are either lying or got lucky. Because for every one you get right, you're wrong about 5. QBs are the hardest to evaluate and even the pros have to get lucky.

The same geniuses who drafted Watson signed Osweiller a year earlier to a large contract and had to trade picks to get rid of him.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Yea, there are a lot of people who quote me regarding Macc & Bowles, but the QB experts on this site are a trip.

I would LOVE to see someone go back to some threads before the last draft to see what they were saying about the QBs in that draft. The funny part is when they tell us WHO will be good & WHO will suck. How is it possible there are 20 teams in this league that need an upgrade at QB, when all any of these teams had to do was hire a few guys from the Jetsnation site to turn around their franchises?

17 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

Funny.

Although everyone is guilty of this. Nobody here knows how QBs are going to end up. Fans who proclaim they knew about Watson are either lying or got lucky. Because for every one you get right, you're wrong about 5. QBs are the hardest to evaluate and even the pros have to get lucky.

The same geniuses who drafted Watson signed Osweiller a year earlier to a large contract and had to trade picks to get rid of him.

Yep.  And here Lupz is declaring Mayfield a 3rd round prospect as if he knows something...

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Darnold, Jackson (one will be the 1st overall pick depends on the coaching staff picking 1st other will go anywhere from 2-5) Rosen who will also go top 5 IMO, and I could see all 3 go 1,2,3.

Everyone can drool over Mayfield because they are watching CFB QB's for the first time for the sole purpose of them wanting the Jets to draft a QB early, but the fact of the matter is the kid is a 3rd round talent at best all the rah, rah crap doesn't work in the NFL is your WR's aren't open by 20 yards every play, and when you scramble the NFL defenses are so fast he will get eaten alive, and those week as cross the body to the other side or middle of the field passes he loves to throw that people go crazy for will be pick 6's in the NFL, he can't read a defense, call a play in the huddle, and when his first read isn't open he bails the pocket, and scrambles for no reason, does not have the arm strength to sit in the pocket and throw it outside the numbers either, I just compared him to a mix of Fitz, and McCown he has all the crap those 2 have that make them journeymen QB's nothing more.

Mason Rudolph lol basically a worse Bryce Petty.  Josh Allen can't hit the broad side of the barn, and needs Hackenberg like development, BUT he will get over drafted by some stupid team probably by the Jets somewhere around 15-20.

The one guy that I like that could become a real player to jump to that 4th QB to go in the first Round ahead of Allen is Stidham from Auburn, need to look at him more, but he might be a next level starter right out the gate it's tough to judge from the Auburn run first offense, but he is very accurate, and next level arm strength, interviews will be important for him.

And please don't bring up Kliff Kingsbury sorry I mean Luke Falk.  I might have missed one, or 2 garbage QB's who put up video game stats in college if I did I apologize.

I thought for sure Stidham would be back at Auburn next year, after not playing last season. But, the way he's been playing I'm sure he will get a high draft grade if it continues.

Its shocking to me though that he isn't gettinf a lot of draft buzz so far. But a strong showing against 'Bama in the iron bowl and I bet everyone sleeping will start agreeing with us that this kid is a true first round talent.

1 hour ago, RESNewYork said:

Funny.

People run around talking about players with unequivocal certainty to their future, rewrite their past to discount all the times they were wrong, pound how right they were with the rest and repeat. Then that becomes the basis for later arguments that they are great draft analysts and how sh*tty the Jets front office is. 

I'm not suggesting people can't be wrong; most often they are. Let's just be honest about it. 

4 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Your right there is 3, AND all 3 will be gone when the Jets pick unless they trade up, drafting any other QB in RD 1 will be like reaching for Tannehill, Bortles, Gabbert, Lynch to name a few, and the 3rd QB will take just the right offensive flexible mind to make work for the first 2-3 years IMO, but if he lands with one it could be special.

Last years qb class was supposed to be the worst ever the top 3 rated qbs went in the top 12

The jests are phucked 

9 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Just read that Taylor is playing the race card - thinks he is getting bench because he's black. 

Good news for the Jets fans that think he sucks, because we won't be touching a QB that makes statements like that. 

But Elway will

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

This is what drives me crazy about this league. You, me, every Jet fan at home watching have seen like 10 short yardage fails run off center left between Carpenter & Johnson fail miserably. Wouldn't you think you'd have just as much chance throwing the ball? How about play action & take a couple deep shots on 3rd & 4th and 1, since your WAY BELOW 50% conversion. I can live with failing throwing the ball more than seeing our RBs get stuffed, over and over, and over, and over, and over again! Grow some f*cking balls!

well, in all fairness, if they can't run they can't do play action as much as they should.  the few times when they have, they've done a retty good job of it.

4 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

Well there you go, and I'll say this I'd still be pissed if the Jets took Watson over Mahomes, and Mayfield isn't even close to as talented as Watson is, so while I was wrong on Watson being a 3rd Round prospect for now I still believe in my evaluation of Mayfield.  You can take this, and throw it in the trash, or you can go look back at my other evaluations of QB's like being the first one here proclaiming Prescott would be a franchise QB, Wentz was Wentz before people knew his name, predicted Mahomes would go in the 1st round back in October last year when everyone had a 3-5 round grade, or should stay in school, and that Paxton Lynch was extreme hot garbage.

I also remember posting some where about being wrong on Watson now, and admitting time to eat crow because I had tunnel vision for Mahomes, and Mahomes only.

38 minutes ago, KRL said:

Not good at all, Allen and Mason Rudolph are the QB's I like the least

Jets need to fire the front office ASAP if this is true, it's like oh let's go find the biggest tallest white guy that measures like the prototypical QB from the 1990's, who cares about his terrible play we can fix that, sound familiar jeez.

55 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Jets need to fire the front office ASAP if this is true, it's like oh let's go find the biggest tallest white guy that measures like the prototypical QB from the 1990's, who cares about his terrible play we can fix that, sound familiar jeez.

Serious question......what do you think of the Northwestern kid Thorsen? Have you done any work on him? I like him a lot, think he's better than a bunch of the bigger name guys.

1 hour ago, KRL said:

Not good at all, Allen and Mason Rudolph are the QB's I like the least

I just dont see how after the hackenberg experiment, you can go back to the well on a guy with "awesome physical skills" and fix his accuracy.

Also, after reading the footballoutsiders.com article on how Morton is using the saints offense that mixes in air raid and spread concepts, I cant see why we wouldnt look at QBs form those types of offenses instead of the polar opposite which is josh allen.

Just now, BCJet said:

I just dont see how after the hackenberg experiment, you can go back to the well on a guy with "awesome physical skills" and fix his accuracy.

Also, after reading the footballoutsiders.com article on how Morton is using the saints offense that mixes in air raid and spread concepts, I cant see why we wouldnt look at QBs form those types of offenses instead of the polar opposite which is josh allen.

Macc has kept our draft intentions under lock and key the last 3 years, I can't see Matt Miller posting that we LOVE Allen as anything short of click bait.

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

Macc has kept our draft intentions under lock and key the last 3 years, I can't see Matt Miller posting that we LOVE Allen as anything short of click bait.

Hope you're right

8 minutes ago, section314 said:

Serious question......what do you think of the Northwestern kid Thorsen? Have you done any work on him? I like him a lot, think he's better than a bunch of the bigger name guys.

I've glanced over him, haven't dug deep, prototypical size, and arm.  Comes from same offensive system that had 7th rounder Trevor Seimian ready to play in the NFL year 2, and the talent between Seimian and Thorsen isn't close.  Northwestern has very little talent at the skill positions also so you won't see video game stats like Mayfield puts up with an NFL starting offense surrounding him while playing vs Juco level defenses most weeks.  Saw some good throws, but also some alarming throws, kid has to interview well, and put up real good workouts, if I were him I'd stay another year unless I get a 2nd round grade from the committee.

Gut says he can be an NFL starter, but not an elite difference maker, but good enough if the rest of the team is SB level talent, and probably would take 3 years before he would be non rookie like as a starter, but can probably start if he had to year 1.  Also wouldn't be shocked if he turned out to be a Blake Bortles type thou, big strong arm guy who just is missing something for the NFL.

26 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

But it's a Wyoming source. Nothing to do with the Jets side. Either way it's just saying they've done the most work on him. Hopefully with all that work they see he isn't worth drafting early.

7 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

But it's a Wyoming source. Nothing to do with the Jets side. Either way it's just saying they've done the most work on him. Hopefully with all that work they see he isn't worth drafting early.

It's Matt Miller saying the "Jets love Josh Allen". A Wyoming Source is just saying that the Jets have "done the most work on him" which is vague at best. At this point in the season "most work" from a Wyoming Source could mean the Jets asked someone what they think of him. I'll still stand by my point that if the Jets "love" Josh Allen, it is most likely fake because we have been so good at keeping our draft intentions under wraps.

Archived