Bills bench Tyrod Taylor

Jet_Engine1

10 minutes ago, gEYno said:

When you really think about it, besides the Tampa game, we're undefeated.

I didn't even get to include the 2nd Miami game where the 2nd offense was so inept, they allowed Miami to erase a 28-14 lead and, when given an opportunity to put them away, imploded in fantastic fashion.

We were outscored 17-0 in the 4th Quarter.

to 0. 

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So what?  We might not be able to and if we do we might at least have a started under the age of 75 for a few games next year.

If you can't draft a QB, and you can't get a legitimate franchise FA, I expect you will either 1) go with another bridge QB or 2) embrace full tank with a new coach.

44 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Dumb teams think like that, teams that when the starer gets hurt the season is over, well except for the guys that actually play good when given the chance, (see point one above)

Most teams are like that because even finding decent QBs is hard. Can you think of another team besides the Patirots that had a good shot of winning the Super Bowl with the back-up?

44 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Todd Bowles thing might be relevant if mccown was a really good QB, he is not.

Todd Bowles was told he was going to be evaluated based on team improvement. It is hard to show improvement with a garbage can under center. McCown is not good, he is mediocre. But it is Bowles best shot at doing the job they asked him to do, i.e. show team improvement. 

7 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I don’t get the difference. Bryce Petty has already started a few games in the NFL

Thats the difference pal. Petty has only started a few games. Why not take a cue from what is looking to be an on the ball management team and see if he can possibly be a decent #2? Or if he can play in this league? We already know Hack cannot by using your convoluted logic.

58 minutes ago, Dink and Drunk said:

IThey wanted their current HC to be the tank commander, and the stuff about judging him over the seasons was BS. 

Was this a thing?  I have no recollection of this being a thing.  I mean there were some standard we aren't going to fire everyone, judge them on the season's merits platitudes, but I don't remember this being a thing.  

I also do not think they gave him a young team as part of the tank.  They purged the rust from the lockerroom before it infected the rest of the sheet metal, but they had to.  I do not see having the team playing hard as some great victory.  They played hard in 2015, then in 2016 the same guys didn't.  That is probably not an indication that it is because of coaching. 

8 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Was this a thing?  I have no recollection of this being a thing.  I mean there were some standard we aren't going to fire everyone, judge them on the season's merits platitudes, but I don't remember this being a thing.  

I also do not think they gave him a young team as part of the tank.  They purged the rust from the lockerroom before it infected the rest of the sheet metal, but they had to.  I do not see having the team playing hard as some great victory.  They played hard in 2015, then in 2016 the same guys didn't.  That is probably not an indication that it is because of coaching. 

This was the quote from Woody:

“Really, the way I want to be judged this year, hopefully from the fans standpoint, is watch how we improve during the year, look at each individual on the team and see how they’re getting better,” the Jets owner said. “If they’re getting better, that’s a mark of progress. That’s what we’re looking for.”

https://nypost.com/2017/05/06/bowles-jets-expectations-are-much-different-than-woody-johnsons/

I agree that they did not want him to tank. I think #1 (gave Bowles a shot with young team and vet qb) is way, way more likely, to the point I assumed it was true when I evaluated your GM in my intro thread. I do think #2 (failed Bowles tank) is possible, so mentioned it. 

Finally, I agree that I am unsure if anything is actually improving on the coaching level. It is not a "great victory". Bowles might have to go, but if he has a decent finish, it would be wrong to do it this year. If the team finishes strong and shows improvement, he will have achieved the criteria going in. 

And now watch them spiral downward and land a good enough pick to trade up for Darnold or Rosen.

Giants - Draft Darnold/Rosen

Bills - Trade up for Darnold or Rosen

Jets - Left out in the cold

If this nightmare scenario actually happens, I seriously might splatter my noodles all over my bedroom wall

8 hours ago, section314 said:

Could be. I envy the Bills for having Pegula as an owner. Saw through Rex's BS after two years, hired two young, innovative guys, and is all in to building a franchise the right way. And we continue to live here on the Island of Misfit Toys.

Island of misfit bitches.

15 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The twitter gulag going after McDermott is Exhibit A of the defenses case of why Kapernick doesn’t have a job.

It’s weird that people would be upset with McDermott for this. Taylor has talent, but he’s not a particularly good QB overall, and the team isn’t going to win anything with him. 

9 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

The new Bills regime has played things exactly the way I wished the Jets did this season. Wish our owner/GM/Coach didn't aim for mediocrity. 

This!  Bowles would say "TT gives us the best chance to win plus we're currently in the 2nd wildcard spot" or some BS like that.  Buffalo at least recognizes they're still building a team and it's more important to figure out what they've got at QB going into the offseason, especially considering they have MAJOR ammunition (I think 2 #1's, 2 #2's and 2 #3's) to move up for a QB should they so choose.

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Peterman was one of the guys I wanted. Thought he projected beer than both Petty and Hzck.

Let's hope he is good so Buffalo stays away from trading up.  Same with Davis Webb from the Giants.  Though I guess it's highly unlikely either could possibly play well enough for either team to pass up drafting a potential FQB.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

It’s weird that people would be upset with McDermott for this. Taylor has talent, but he’s not a particularly good QB overall, and the team isn’t going to win anything with him. 

Taylor isn't an elite-level quarterback. He won't throw for 350 yards or six touchdowns. But he's just 28 years old, and a competent, reliable, turnover-free option under center. That's sure to intrigue Jets offensive coordinator John Morton.

Since taking over as the Bills' starter in 2015, Taylor is 19-18. He's thrown for 7,742 yards with 47 touchdowns and 15 interceptions. He has a completion percentage of 63, and a quarterback rating of 93.5. He's run for another 1,385 yards and 12 touchdowns. 

According to CBS Sports, Taylor has a 1.54 career interception percentage, which is the lowest in NFL history among quarterbacks with at least 1,000 attempts.

There will certainly be teams competing for Taylor's services on the open market. The Jets won't want to overpay. But if they can get him on a team-friendly deal? He may be worth it.

Is it possible that Peterman at this point is better than Taylor? That he showed something from the beginning of the year till now in practice. They saw Peterman go 7/10 for 79 yards and a TD against the Saints. And starting Peterman has nothing to do with tanking but that he's the best QB to make a push for the playoffs?

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Taylor isn't an elite-level quarterback. He won't throw for 350 yards or six touchdowns. But he's just 28 years old, and a competent, reliable, turnover-free option under center. That's sure to intrigue Jets offensive coordinator John Morton.

Since taking over as the Bills' starter in 2015, Taylor is 19-18. He's thrown for 7,742 yards with 47 touchdowns and 15 interceptions. He has a completion percentage of 63, and a quarterback rating of 93.5. He's run for another 1,385 yards and 12 touchdowns. 

According to CBS Sports, Taylor has a 1.54 career interception percentage, which is the lowest in NFL history among quarterbacks with at least 1,000 attempts.

There will certainly be teams competing for Taylor's services on the open market. The Jets won't want to overpay. But if they can get him on a team-friendly deal? He may be worth it.

I feel like he'd be a good match for the Broncos with their defense (I'm assuming it's still good).

33 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I feel like he'd be a good match for the Broncos with their defense (I'm assuming it's still good).

Denver is actually the best fit for him.

Tyrod's bread and butter is intermediate passing, Denver's offense is perfect for that. Plus he'll open up the running game and his mobility helps offset Denver's shaky o-line

12 hours ago, King P said:

And now watch them spiral downward and land a good enough pick to trade up for Darnold or Rosen.

Giants - Draft Darnold/Rosen

Bills - Trade up for Darnold or Rosen

Jets - Left out in the cold

If this nightmare scenario actually happens, I seriously might splatter my noodles all over my bedroom wall

But the youf movement.  Our 6-10 record really showed everyone 

8 hours ago, King P said:

Denver is actually the best fit for him.

Tyrod's bread and butter is intermediate passing, Denver's offense is perfect for that. Plus he'll open up the running game and his mobility helps offset Denver's shaky o-line

Yeah I think that’s where T-Mobile ends up Denver

14 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I didn't even get to include the 2nd Miami game where the 2nd offense was so inept, they allowed Miami to erase a 28-14 lead and, when given an opportunity to put them away, imploded in fantastic fashion.

We were outscored 17-0 in the 4th Quarter.

to 0. 

it all comes back to an inability to run block.  we have seen this team unable to get those 3rd or even 4th and short plays.  in just about every case the back is run into the middle of the line and gets stuffed. in most of those losses all it would've taken was another 2 or 3 first downs in the 4th quarter to ice the win.

57 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

But the youf movement.  Our 6-10 record really showed everyone 

Stop acting like there are only 2 QB's in this draft.  How about watching college football before

commenting?

Tyrod Taylor is a "two trick pony" QB:

- If you give him max protection he'll stay in the pocket and make a good deep 
throw outside the numbers

- If the defense rushes without discipline and leaves a lane open, he'll scramble
out of the pocket and make a play with his legs or find a receiver that breaks
free

Other than that don't let his stats fool you, he's not "big time":

- His accuracy is poor in the intermediate area

- He doesn't attack the middle of the field because either he's short or doesn't
understand what the defense is doing

- He refuses to play from the pocket, if his first read is taken away he panics

If you watched the last game we played BUF all of his "attributes" were on full display.
He generated phony stats after the game was decided 

7 minutes ago, KRL said:

Stop acting like there are only 2 QB's in this draft.  How about watching college football before

commenting?

Your right there is 3, AND all 3 will be gone when the Jets pick unless they trade up, drafting any other QB in RD 1 will be like reaching for Tannehill, Bortles, Gabbert, Lynch to name a few, and the 3rd QB will take just the right offensive flexible mind to make work for the first 2-3 years IMO, but if he lands with one it could be special.

7 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Your right there is 3, AND all 3 will be gone when the Jets pick unless they trade up, drafting any other QB in RD 1 will be like reaching for Tannehill, Bortles, Gabbert, Lynch to name a few, and the 3rd QB will take just the right offensive flexible mind to make work for the first 2-3 years IMO, but if he lands with one it could be special.

I'll play along, who are these 3 in your opinion?

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

it all comes back to an inability to run block.  we have seen this team unable to get those 3rd or even 4th and short plays.  in just about every case the back is run into the middle of the line and gets stuffed. in most of those losses all it would've taken was another 2 or 3 first downs in the 4th quarter to ice the win.

This is what drives me crazy about this league. You, me, every Jet fan at home watching have seen like 10 short yardage fails run off center left between Carpenter & Johnson fail miserably. Wouldn't you think you'd have just as much chance throwing the ball? How about play action & take a couple deep shots on 3rd & 4th and 1, since your WAY BELOW 50% conversion. I can live with failing throwing the ball more than seeing our RBs get stuffed, over and over, and over, and over, and over again! Grow some f*cking balls!

9 minutes ago, Jetster said:

This is what drives me crazy about this league. You, me, every Jet fan at home watching have seen like 10 short yardage fails run off center left between Carpenter & Johnson fail miserably. Wouldn't you think you'd have just as much chance throwing the ball? How about play action & take a couple deep shots on 3rd & 4th and 1, since your WAY BELOW 50% conversion. I can live with failing throwing the ball more than seeing our RBs get stuffed, over and over, and over, and over, and over again! Grow some f*cking balls!

I agree. Definition of insanity, trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

There will always be QB's no one knows will fall in the draft and at the same time be over drafted by some teams. The jets will have a chance at a good one BUT they have to pick the right one. Morton for all his faults has managed to make a 38 year old Journeyman QB have the best stats of his life with a medicore line and offence. I have some faith he can incorporate an offence to a young QB's strengths.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

41 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

There are alot of these of the forums of late:

th?id=OIP.rDQ7VKEe-_5JKMk9a1W7IADbEc&pid

There is just no point, nothing to gain, getting all emo over who will be available months from now, with all that can (and usually does) happen between now and then.  Nor does it serve any point to cry over where you pick.  It is what it is, get the best QB at that pick, or pick one later, or get a FA, or play our own kids, whatever.  As long as we're making an effort to improve (and that's the question at QB these days IMO).

15 minutes ago, KRL said:

I'll play along, who are these 3 in your opinion?

Darnold, Jackson (one will be the 1st overall pick depends on the coaching staff picking 1st other will go anywhere from 2-5) Rosen who will also go top 5 IMO, and I could see all 3 go 1,2,3.

Everyone can drool over Mayfield because they are watching CFB QB's for the first time for the sole purpose of them wanting the Jets to draft a QB early, but the fact of the matter is the kid is a 3rd round talent at best all the rah, rah crap doesn't work in the NFL is your WR's aren't open by 20 yards every play, and when you scramble the NFL defenses are so fast he will get eaten alive, and those week as cross the body to the other side or middle of the field passes he loves to throw that people go crazy for will be pick 6's in the NFL, he can't read a defense, call a play in the huddle, and when his first read isn't open he bails the pocket, and scrambles for no reason, does not have the arm strength to sit in the pocket and throw it outside the numbers either, I just compared him to a mix of Fitz, and McCown he has all the crap those 2 have that make them journeymen QB's nothing more.

Mason Rudolph lol basically a worse Bryce Petty.  Josh Allen can't hit the broad side of the barn, and needs Hackenberg like development, BUT he will get over drafted by some stupid team probably by the Jets somewhere around 15-20.

The one guy that I like that could become a real player to jump to that 4th QB to go in the first Round ahead of Allen is Stidham from Auburn, need to look at him more, but he might be a next level starter right out the gate it's tough to judge from the Auburn run first offense, but he is very accurate, and next level arm strength, interviews will be important for him.

And please don't bring up Kliff Kingsbury sorry I mean Luke Falk.  I might have missed one, or 2 garbage QB's who put up video game stats in college if I did I apologize.

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Everyone can drool over Mayfield because they are watching CFB QB's for the first time for the sole purpose of them wanting the Jets to draft a QB early, but the fact of the matter is the kid is a 3rd round talent at best all the rah, rah crap doesn't work in the NFL

I'm willing to bet you said the exact same thing about Watson last cycle.  And probably still think the fluke injury means you weren't wrong.

Archived