Bills bench Tyrod Taylor

Jet_Engine1

1 hour ago, KRL said:

Not good at all, Allen and Mason Rudolph are the QB's I like the least

Screw this. Let's go out and be aggressive in signing Cousing. Gunslinger mentality, very good arm, accurate (compared to what we are used to) throws a great deep ball (Seattle game) and is a leader. I know there will be competition, but I don't think we'll be in a position to draft Darnold or Rosen. Let's please get this train rolling!!!

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Screw this. Let's go out and be aggressive in signing Cousing. Gunslinger mentality, very good arm, accurate (compared to what we are used to) throws a great deep ball (Seattle game) and is a leader. I know there will be competition, but I don't think we'll be in a position to draft Darnold or Rosen. Let's please get this train rolling!!!

Can't disagree with you, getting Cousins before the draft and using the rest of our cap

space & picks to beef up the roster would make us much more competitive in 2018

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

I've glanced over him, haven't dug deep, prototypical size, and arm.  Comes from same offensive system that had 7th rounder Trevor Seimian ready to play in the NFL year 2, and the talent between Seimian and Thorsen isn't close.  Northwestern has very little talent at the skill positions also so you won't see video game stats like Mayfield puts up with an NFL starting offense surrounding him while playing vs Juco level defenses most weeks.  Saw some good throws, but also some alarming throws, kid has to interview well, and put up real good workouts, if I were him I'd stay another year unless I get a 2nd round grade from the committee.

Gut says he can be an NFL starter, but not an elite difference maker, but good enough if the rest of the team is SB level talent, and probably would take 3 years before he would be non rookie like as a starter, but can probably start if he had to year 1.  Also wouldn't be shocked if he turned out to be a Blake Bortles type thou, big strong arm guy who just is missing something for the NFL.

Tnx. I would stay another year, too. 

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

It's Matt Miller saying the "Jets love Josh Allen". A Wyoming Source is just saying that the Jets have "done the most work on him" which is vague at best. At this point in the season "most work" from a Wyoming Source could mean the Jets asked someone what they think of him. I'll still stand by my point that if the Jets "love" Josh Allen, it is most likely fake because we have been so good at keeping our draft intentions under wraps.

Remember the movie Wall Street...."Blue Horseshoe loves Endicott Steel.":D

14 hours ago, KRL said:

Can't disagree with you, getting Cousins before the draft and using the rest of our cap

space & picks to beef up the roster would make us much more competitive in 2018

Only Cousins would eliminate almost half our cap space and Macc sucks at drafting

15 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Nathan Peterman was my #1 qb in last year's draft. I have reason to watch bills games now. 

Peterman I think will be a solid starter. He looked good in camp and preseason by all accounts, so maybe the move wasn't as knee jerk as some people think, he's just ready to start now.

At least the Bills are giving their young qb a chance to prove himself in meaningful games, instead of waiting until you're out of playoff contention and the team is already making off season vacarion plans.

14 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Hey yeah, let’s give $200 mil to the quarterback the 4-5 Redskins can’t wait to dump that’ll fix everything 

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hey yeah, let’s give $200 mil to the quarterback the 4-5 Redskins can’t wait to dump that’ll fix everything 

I wasn't sure whether to upvote or to put the laughing emoji.  I went with upvote because your point is "funny because it's true" (as in: I could see the Jets going with this approach).

16 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Nathan Peterman was my #1 qb in last year's draft. I have reason to watch bills games now. 

Big fan of Peterman too and I was shocked we didnt take him in the mid rounds.

What really bothered me about passing on him was that the offense they ran at Pitt is VERY similar to what Morton was going to (and has done now) here.  Motion, short passing WCO style offense with shifts and play action.  That is exactly what peterman excelled at in college as it was a pro-style system.  

4 year guy, good character, mobile, only laced an elite arm.  Really wanted the Jets to take him especially once we got into round 4/5.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Then why do they keep placing the Franchise tag on him if they can't wait to dump him? I think the CAP HIT is $25 mil at this point. I think they were betting on him to take a discounted deal and he called them on it by sticking to his $ amount!

Your Crazy!!!  Washington OL has been decimated by injury. Cousin's has put this team on his back. He'd be worth the money and deserves a premium to come to this sorry ass franchise!! 

Cousins:

7th -  Total QBR

4th - Total Passing yds./game

Completion % -  66.5%

14 TD's  -  5 Int

3 Rushing TD's

On 11/16/2017 at 10:18 AM, Adoni Beast said:

I thought for sure Stidham would be back at Auburn next year, after not playing last season. But, the way he's been playing I'm sure he will get a high draft grade if it continues.

Its shocking to me though that he isn't gettinf a lot of draft buzz so far. But a strong showing against 'Bama in the iron bowl and I bet everyone sleeping will start agreeing with us that this kid is a true first round talent.

I've been driving the Stidham bandwagon for a hot minute.  He's my avatar for goodness sake.  While he may not be as polished as Rosen or possess the same natural feel that Darnold, he does have best combination of QB tools in this potential class.  Outside of Rosen, he IMO is the safest QB pick in the draft.  He's a rare prospect in that he has a high floor while still maintaining a high ceiling.  I think he would be PERFECT for Morton's offense.  All this, of course, is moot if he stays in school.  Fun fact though, if the season were to end today, he would have just as many starts as the first QB taken last year.   So it's not crazy to think he might come out.

4 hours ago, legler82 said:

I've been driving the Stidham bandwagon for a hot minute.  He's my avatar for goodness sake.  While he may not be as polished as Rosen or possess the same natural feel that Darnold, he does have best combination of QB tools in this potential class.  Outside of Rosen, he IMO is the safest QB pick in the draft.  He's a rare prospect in that he has a high floor while still maintaining a high ceiling.  I think he would be PERFECT for Morton's offense.  All this, of course, is moot if he stays in school.  Fun fact though, if the season were to end today, he would have just as many starts as the first QB taken last year.   So it's not crazy to think he might come out.

The problem with most of these QBs is that there is no track record.  Stidham has started 13 games.  Three were with Baylor in 2015, 10 with Auburn.

Now he isn’t lighting up defenses and that may be due to Auburn’s offense.  But look at the difference between Darnold’s first and second year.  There is just not enough film on him yet to feel good about. Making him a high pick.

The Alabama game next week will go a long way in determining what he brings to the table.

On 11/16/2017 at 12:22 PM, Saul Goodman said:

Just read that Taylor is playing the race card - thinks he is getting bench because he's black. 

Good news for the Jets fans that think he sucks, because we won't be touching a QB that makes statements like that. 

Wow really??

Havent seen that anywhere else. Was it a local Buffalo story?

Is this even possibly true that Buff mgmnt would do this??

6 hours ago, legler82 said:

I didnt even knew you existed brother. But I think with his big arm, intermediate accuracy, mobility, and decision-making, he has an incredible high ceiling.

If he came out and was a mid first or even high second, I think he'd be a steal. I think he stays unfortunately, and ends up a top 5 pick next year.

But! If he actually has a great game against Bama and Auburn wins the Iron Bowl, people will be saying he's a 1st and he'll come out.

On 11/15/2017 at 10:43 AM, gEYno said:

Has anyone mentioned, that maybe Nathan Peterman earned his playing time, and wasn't just given the ball because he exists?  Or, do we continue to ignore the most obvious possibility in favor of conspiracy theories?

Skipped this thread and am catching up, but I was about to post this when I decided to give page 2 a quick skim (i.e. what if they actually like Peterman and he looks better than Taylor - or not far off from Taylor - in practice)?

On 11/16/2017 at 11:22 AM, Saul Goodman said:

Just read that Taylor is playing the race card - thinks he is getting bench because he's black. 

Good news for the Jets fans that think he sucks, because we won't be touching a QB that makes statements like that. 

Taylor never said that. ESPN used an old quote not at all related to his benching. 

Just now, kevinc855 said:

Peterman has 3 ints “but they are learning what they have” ?

Exactly, everyone knows how this was going to work out today.  I think it was a stupid move, tyrod isn't elite but to bench him in the middle of a playoff hunt is ridiculous. Bills defense isn't stopping anyone either.

4 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

More INT's in less than one full game than Taylor has had all season. You gotta be fuming if you're a Bills fan - just literally gave away a season to put in a kid who's not ready to play. 

Can you imagine how the players feel.  Sitting 5-4.  In the 2nd WC position.  And you are pretty much giving a game away.  This is how a coach loses a team.

On 11/18/2017 at 2:08 AM, legler82 said:

Oh - is Stidham supposed to be in this draft?  I thought I had read he'd be in the following year's draft.

18 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

McDermott has to feel like an asswhole! 5 picks in the first half? Holy sh*t!

It's just a min-boggling decision. Could you imagine the Jets being 5-4, in playoff position, and the Jets bench Mccown for Hack and this happens? The Board would implode. 

There was no reason to rush this decision. Let Taylor do his thing the next 2 or 3 weeks. If you are 5-7, no one will care if you bench Taylor.

Also, it's not like they are tanking for a top pick. With 5 wins this team is doomed for a middle of the road pick either way. Now you lose the lockerroom and the fan-base. 

14 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

It's just a min-boggling decision. Could you imagine the Jets being 5-4, in playoff position, and the Jets bench Mccown for Hack and this happens? The Board would implode. 

There was no reason to rush this decision. Let Taylor do his thing the next 2 or 3 weeks. If you are 5-7, no one will care if you bench Taylor.

Also, it's not like they are tanking for a top pick. With 5 wins this team is doomed for a middle of the road pick either way. Now you lose the lockerroom and the fan-base. 

I mean...with hack, it’d be embarrassing but I’d welcome it. Is that bad? 

2 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Taylor never said that. ESPN used an old quote not at all related to his benching. 

Thank you... 

This is why folks are looking less and less to the ESPNs of the world and the rest of these purveyors of division and strife for their information!!

GOOD GRIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

42 minutes ago, Pcola said:

I’m not sure who made this call but Ownership should be pissed.  Someone should be fired for this.  

To play a raw prospect against LAC’s pass rush, they had to know it was going to be bad.

Even the announcers were saying, while there’s really no good time to make a switch from a healthy starter to a raw rookie, there definitely are worse times. 

It’s likely they saw something in him in practice, but the timing sure isn’t looking too smart in hindsight lol.

Archived