What went wrong with Mo.

CanadienJetsFan

Nothing went wrong, he executed his plan. 

I defended mo  until the stories came out last year about missed meetings. 

Bowles contributed with his "the rules don't apply to all the players" approach a la Parcells with LT or Johnson with Aikman, but this was always going to happen 

13 hours ago, SenorGato said:

As I will insist forever that no one with his workload/snap counts at his size playing this sport at the highest level can reasonably be considered lazy, I go with the Jets being a garbage organization top to bottom. If they actually misdiagnosed and mistreated his injury last year that only adds to the case. Combine that with the level of talent on the roster, a choice made by said garbage organization, since he signed and it’s *almost* as if he was set up to fail. Throw in a league that kinda hates their players unless they are a QB, and even then only slightly less....

That said, being late to these defensive meetings throws a mighty big wrench in this. You don’t just do that unless you’re unquestionably a vile and greedy piece of human sh*t. 

Thought I posted something new last night but guess not...This is way too soft on the individual even though there’s really some pretty clear signs that this is a cluster****. I will continue to insist forever that those workloads pre-contract playing this sport at the highest level with his production are not something lazy players do, but still clearly some choices were made by Wilkerson to destroy any positive standing he had with fans. 

Maybe he’s a cynic? Got hurt in a league that chews up and spits out guys like him without a **** given every single day, got these fans jeering him for getting paid, calling him lazy without acknowledging any of his past work (or belittling it because he’s not Watt), came back early probably felt that immediately, already had the money he busted his ass for...I can’t imagine it’s hard to go that route playing for this franchise in this league. 

1 hour ago, SenorGato said:

Thought I posted something new last night but guess not...This is way too soft on the individual even though there’s really some pretty clear signs that this is a cluster****. I will continue to insist forever that those workloads pre-contract playing this sport at the highest level with his production are not something lazy players do, but still clearly some choices were made by Wilkerson to destroy any positive standing he had with fans. 

Maybe he’s a cynic? Got hurt in a league that chews up and spits out guys like him without a **** given every single day, got these fans jeering him for getting paid, calling him lazy without acknowledging any of his past work (or belittling it because he’s not Watt), came back early probably felt that immediately, already had the money he busted his ass for...I can’t imagine it’s hard to go that route playing for this franchise in this league. 

Nothing to do with the team Mo quit, he mailed it in the moment he got paid, we made a mistake resigning him. Let move on with the rebuild. The 11 mill it effectively clears will help strengthen other areas in FA.

6 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Maybe so, but he played well and did not complain for 4 years before he started to grumble in year 5, said all the right things, signed his contract in year 6 and dropped off a cliff, now it looks like year 7 will be his last  - maybe it's as simple as; "he got paid and quit like the lazy POS that he is", but it feels like something else helped to create this situation (usually a lazy POS does not make it that far)

Overanalyzing.  We've seen this time and time again, more so in the NFL than any other league and with players much better than Wilkerson.  Does Albert Haynesworth ring a bell?  LaMarr Woodley?  Jeremiah Trotter?  

The Jets even made Wilkerson promise them that he'd try harder.  

5 hours ago, Larz said:

Nothing went wrong, he executed his plan. 

I defended mo  until the stories came out last year about missed meetings. 

Bowles contributed with his "the rules don't apply to all the players" approach a la Parcells with LT or Johnson with Aikman, but this was always going to happen 

Agreed. And JETS, year after year over pay the wrong players and let good players go. 

He's definitely thinking beyond his football career at this point. The broken leg, the fractured ankle I think accelerated that thinking. He's made enough money to set him and his family up for a long time, so he doesn't want to risk some sort of permanent injury when he opens a restaurant or something after he retires

2 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

He's definitely think beyond his football career at this point. The broken leg, the fractured ankle I think accelerated that thinking. He's made enough money to set him and his family up for a long time, so hedoesn't want to risk some sort of permanent injury when he opens a restaurant or something after he retires

Mo Wilk lives very modestly so this could be true. 

6 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

He's definitely think beyond his football career at this point. The broken leg, the fractured ankle I think accelerated that thinking. He's made enough money to set him and his family up for a long time, so hedoesn't want to risk some sort of permanent injury when he opens a restaurant or something after he retires

I’ll bet it’ll be some really stupid type of hipster quisine too. Like Indian/Korean fusion.

Archived